Ectopic baby under mtx

Babier

I am 6wks 1day pregnant when i found out i have ectopic preg due to fresh ivf. Baby is not in the tube but on the right side of uterus near to the tube but still considered ectopic. Having 17,000 hcg level and my doctor advised me to take mtx 75iu or 3ml if i am not wrong.
Based on the internet, mtx is used for 5000hcg level and below. Anybody here that has experienced the same thing here in sg? Im very lost as to wat to expect. Had a first shot this morning and so far, after 8 hrs, i dnt feel anything yet but i am scared what will tomoro brings.

wannabemama

hi babier,

i had ectopic pregnancy in jan this year.. i didn't know i was pregnant then untill i had painful cramps on the left side of my tummy and a slight bleeding.

went to kkh and check my hcg level was quite low and doctor diagnose ectopic pregnancy after they did scans.

i was given mtx jab and have bleeding for about 1month plus.

i just wait for the blood to clear untill my next cycle of menses came.

sorry for your lost.

XOXO wannabemama XOXO

Babier

Hi @wannabemamma, unfortunately mtx didnt work for as my hcg is very high. Had an operation this morning. All is well. Just hope that my nx pregnancy will be smoother as my chance of risk increased. Thanks for the reply. Good luck to both of us!

wannabemama

Hi babier,

Glad to hear ur operation went well.. i just did my 1st ivf last month and it is a fail cycle. im trying for my 2nd ivf early maybe next year..
My tubes have blockage that is why i opted for ivf after the ectopic pregnancy occur..

its ok i hope you dont give up, stay positive and good luck to both of us!!

XOXO wannabemama XOXO