EDD April 2013..cont

So can we wear nursing bras instead of maternity bras throughout the pregnancy cuz I don't want to waste money buying two types of bra? If I buy nursing bras, are they big enough to support our bustline? Any concern?

Omg, belz, u have no morning sickness!? U have nvr vomited or felt nauseous? I'm so envious!!! My fren was the same, smooth pregnancy... Wonder why it affects some of us so badly while others have no symptoms at all? Is it genetic too? So far, I have vomited less than 5 times but the nausea is killing me. It hasn't die down and I'm Aldy 15 weeks. Doc says it will most probably continue throughout the pregnancy for some and I have no appetite too...

cheshire

I need new bras too, I used to be a 36B but lost some weight and became 34B. Now even the 36Bs are too tight. Contemplating if i should get those non-wire bras, marks&spencer has them..not too exp. or should i just get nursing bras..but nursing bras quite ugly and more exp.

I read somewhere before that we should buy nursing bras that's once size bigger than the size right before delivery. So does it mean that after we delivery and start breast feeding, our bustline gonna expand again?

belz

yea.... i m pretty lucky i guess.. but the initial stage..loss of appitite... cant reali eat much... do you mummies still can wear ur normal clothes :)

cheshire

yea.... i m pretty lucky i guess.. but the initial stage..loss of appitite... cant reali eat much... do you mummies still can wear ur normal clothes :)
i cannot zip up all my jeans, pants and shorts alr. but i'll wear a long tank top, or wear a tube to cover the zip, and layer with a looser top. so far no one can tell im wearing my bottoms unzipped.

most fitting dresses and tops cannot wear alr :(

what about u belz?

belz

i still can wear... still thinking if i shld buy M size clothes.. my jeans are getting tighter but still got space to expand thou... heard that its nt advisable to wear tight clothes now.. but to buy M size clothes is abit big for me now too..so hestiating whether to buy or nt to buy.. can u see ur tummy popping out? haha.. every nite i will talk to my baby before sleep... wonder if he/she can hear what i say :Dancing_tongue:

ynove

By week 16 the baby starts to be able to hear already :)

i still can wear... still thinking if i shld buy M size clothes.. my jeans are getting tighter but still got space to expand thou... heard that its nt advisable to wear tight clothes now.. but to buy M size clothes is abit big for me now too..so hestiating whether to buy or nt to buy.. can u see ur tummy popping out? haha.. every nite i will talk to my baby before sleep... wonder if he/she can hear what i say :Dancing_tongue:

sVal

Pants n jeans all cannot wear coz cant zip. Onli can wear those elastic ones like legging.

But belz is the lucky one... Vomiting from every nite at least 3 times to now alternate nite. Dunno whr will the vomiting stop for me.

Last edited:

alag

For me, my belly has been showing even at 11 weeks, a little bulge.
I have bought maternity wear already. Even at home, I am in my husband's basketball shorts. So ghetto looking :)

Lol I jus bought nursing bras and nursing dresses from gmarket lol...

Think it's better to buy nursing dresses becuz u can still wear them when u r breast feeding... There's a hole/opening at the bust area for your convenience... Wonder if we can still fit into nursing dress when Tummy gets bigger... Didn't consider that lol

ynove

Bloatedness plus my growing baby has made my tummy stick out since 11 weeks, too! Haha. alag, ghetto is cool!

I've resorted to wearing those one-piece dress nighties at home, with buttons down the front so that i can breastfeed in those PJs at home in future.

For me, my belly has been showing even at 11 weeks, a little bulge.
I have bought maternity wear already. Even at home, I am in my husband's basketball shorts. So ghetto looking :)

yingzy

Hi all,

Sorry to interrupt but just to share this, I have brand new Dr Brown milk bottles for sale. They are made in USA and BPA free. Both standard and wide neck bottles. Dr Brown is a very good bottle to tackle colic problem for babies. Pls note that the Dr Browns sold in SG retail stores are Made in China. Mine is made in USA and the price is lower than the ones sold in SG retail stores.

Interested can email me at yingzyleong@gmail.com

pigletbao

Cheshire - I just bought a wireless bra from M&S as there was a sale n i've become a little bigger. Got a rather comfy one at $30 (original price was $59). :) I previously bought a nursing bra from there as well n it was ex as there wasn't a sale ($79) but comfy too! Decided on a wireless normal bra this time as the SA at Mothercare advised that size would change again at abt 7 mths. After delivery, there would be engorgement too so I only bought one now to tide me over before investing in the bigger sizes for future. For those, will get nursing bras.

cheshire

hi piglet,

ok, i think this weekend i go M&S to get the wireless bras! :) hope there's sales.

oh btw, i saw maternity jeans at h&m. price is reasonable. they were by the baby/newborn clothing. in case you ladies also need new jeans.

heyo, i m pretty blessful that i do not have morning sickness.. i m heading 15 weeks now.. so far everything is normal except that i dont like to eat rice now...whahaha... thats the onli symptom i have since i discover i m pregnant :p
thanks for sharing ^^ u r one lucky gal ^^

ynove

Hello mummies,

Just to share resources... discount code LGF536 at iHerb.com!

I just bought some baby and mum products by Earth Mama Angel Baby at iHerb.com, and they gave me a discount code to share with others.

Earth Mama's natural products are pretty well-reviewed, and my friends who gave birth also recommended them - such Nipple Butter, Bottom Balm for Babies, New Mama Bottom Spray (v good for after giving birth to keep stitches area from getting infected and to relieve pain). You can google it to read about it. This US website iHerb sells stuff much cheaper than Singapore stores, and also sells health supplements and products too.

When you enter the code LGF536 in their shopping cart (right before check-out) you will receive a discount on your first order.

- If the order totals more than $40, you will receive $10 off
- If the order totals less than $40, you will save $5

Happy shopping, ladies!

cheshire

Hi ynove,

thanks for sharing :) u started buying baby stuff alr? what u bought? Other than some random clothes i dont know what to start buying

belz

hey mummies.. juz curious.. have u heard a saying that if ur scanning pic is a V shape- its a boy, if its round shape- its a gal? hmm... wonder how true is this :p

hey mummies.. just curious.. have you heard a saying that if your scanning pic is a very shape- its a boy, if its round shape- its a gal? hmm... wonder how true is this :p
Hey belz, I dont think it's true.. My grandma used to say that from the shape of the tummy you can actually deduce the gender of the baby. Apparently, they guess it wrongly for both my cousin and elder sis. ^^ I guess the accurate one will be from the Ultrascan :)

Hi Alag, the nursing bra have an additional piece that is removable on either side of the cup. This allow you to breastfeed your baby easier.
I bought my nusing bra from Gmarket, it's quite affordable, and the pattern is quite nice too.

My stomach is very bloated one day and it can just be less bloated another day. Some people can tell that im pregnant.. :)

Can i check with you ladies if you have started continuing your "intimacy" with your hubby? My husband and I were quite skeptical if we can continue since we are afraid of hurting the baby. I read up online, apparently everyone claims that it is definitely safe to continue your intimacy. :eek: