EDD April 2013..cont

Lindsay

One good recommendation for prenatal yoga..I had this teacher by the name of Warwar from ohmsantih yoga for for both my pregnancys. She is wonderful and has a very good knowledge on yoga and pregnancy. Love her explanation on each pose on the benefits and that makes me put more effort into each session. She is an amazing friend as well who cares for her students even beyond classes. I owed a lot to her for both my pregnancy and I was literally addicted to her classes.

alag

Hi girls, i will be heading to the US for Christmas so if you want me to buy stuff, lemme know! More than happy to help!

wenwen11

Hi everyone, im new here and also a first-time mum... My edd would be in 13 apr 2013. My first trimester was terrible... seems unable to swallow any solid food, no appittite at all. However it seems to be improving now in my second trimester. =)

Anyone went for their 20week detailed scan???? And intend to deliver in KKH??

wenwen11

Currently Im worried for my baby if he's a down... =( Got bad results from the first trimester scanning (scan was fine but not the blood test) apparently my free beta- hCG and papp-a was pretty low. hence we went to Camden Medical Centre for another detailed scan and the private doc assured me that the baby shld be fine.
However i can't help worrying as its kind of not confirmed until the 20thweek final detailed scan and check... sigh...
anyone in the same situation with me???

belz

Hi wenwen.. my EDD is also apr 13th but i m under gleneagle.. well.. rite now ..u cant worry too much too.. may affect the bb..pray hard! i always believe that if the bb can survive till now.. its fated to be mine :) probably u can seek another doc advise.. no harm right? u can put ur mind at ease too.

ynove

Hey wenwen

Try not to stress yourself out by worrying about it - these tests are just risk assessments, not actual 'pass or fail' tests. I have a good friend - her third child had test results of very high risk for Down Syndrome, but she went ahead anyway and baby turned out to be fine. Now he's a really smart little primary school kid with a really good sense of humour :)

I did not opt for the OSCAR scan, cos hubby and I discussed - our decision would be to keep the baby no matter what the results say. So we can save ourselves the worry anyway.

Will be going for my detailed 20 week scan in two weeks!

Currently Im worried for my baby if he's a down... =( Got bad results from the first trimester scanning (scan was fine but not the blood test) apparently my free beta- hCG and papp-a was pretty low. hence we went to Camden Medical Centre for another detailed scan and the private doc assured me that the baby shld be fine.
However i can't help worrying as its kind of not confirmed until the 20thweek final detailed scan and check... sigh...
anyone in the same situation with me???

ynove

Hello ladies,

What prenatal multivitamins are you taking currently?

Just to share lobang, I was researching for a good brand, and found out that Perfect Prenatal by New Chapter is one of the most recommended prenatal multivitamins. Mainly because the vitamins and minerals are from whole food, from certified organic sources, and also contain probiotics.

I'm already taking DHA prescribed by my gynae (called Dhaxtra).

It seems like iherb.com is quickly emerging to be my favourite online store for supplements and preggy care! It's really discounted at this online store (about S$84 for one trimester's supply). Hard to find in SG.

New Chapter, Organics, Perfect Prenatal, Multi Vitamin, Herbs, Minerals, 270 Tablets - iHerb.com

You can take a look at the ingredients in this multivitamin if you're interested. It's free shipping from iherb anyway.

Description
  • Full Trimester Size
  • A Healthy Gift for Mother and Baby
  • Whole-Food
  • Multi Vitamin + Herbs + Minerals
  • Healthy Pregnancy · Fetal Development
  • Dietary Supplement
  • Certified Organic by International Certification Services, Inc.
New Chapter's Guiding Principle:

• To Deliver the Wisdom of Nature thus relieving suffering and promoting optimal health.
  • To advance the organic mission, nourishing body and soul with the healing intelligence of pure whole foods and herbal supplements.
  • To nurture and sustain Mother Earth, the source of natural healing.
  • To honor and reward personal growth, for enlightened teamwork depends on the vitality of every member of the New Chapter family.
Holistic
New Chapter Whole-Food Multivitamins: More Than Food Supplements, They're Supplemental Food.
Organic- Formulated with organic ingredients.
Probiotic- Cultured with beneficial live probiotics.
Whole- Bioavailable, easy-to-digest food.
Health
Cultured Whole Food - Organic herbs and cultured whole-food vitamins & minerals work together to promote a healthy pregnancy and baby - not just address nutrient deficiencies.
For Mom & Baby - Perfect Prenatal whole-food multivitamin, including targeted levels of whole-food folate, is formulated specifically to nourish mother and baby.
Prenatal Herbal Blend - Cultured, organic, and safe for pregnancy herbal blend combines whole foods and Class 1 herbs with live probiotics to support a healthy pregnancy.
Hormone & Breast Support - A blend of organic broccoli, organic kale, and other organic cruciferous sprouts supports healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health.
Convenient - Once-per-meal formula is easy-to-take, easy-to-digest, and can be taken anytime—even on an empty stomach!

Suggested UseThree tablets daily. Can be taken anytime, even on an empty stomach.

Supplement Facts
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings per Container: 90
Three tablets contain% Daily Value
Probiotic Nutrients
Vitamin A† (100% as beta-carotene)5000 IU100%
Vitamin C†60 mg100%
Vitamin D3†1000 IU250%
Vitamin E†30 IU100%
Vitamin K1†70 mcg88%
Vitamin K2 (MK-7) (from MenaQ7)10 mcg12%
Thiamin-Vitamin B1†4 mg267%
Riboflavin-Vitamin B2†5 mg294%
Niacin†20 mg100%
Vitamin B6†5 mg250%
Folate†600 mcg150%
Vitamin B12†30 mcg500%
Biotin†300 mcg100%
Pantothenic Acid†10 mg100%
Calcium (from Algae‡)75 mg7.5%
Iron†18 mg100%
Iodine†90 mcg60%
Magnesium† (70% cultured, 30% from Algae‡)15 mg3%
Zinc†7.5 mg50%
Selenium†50 mcg71%
Copper†750 mcg38%
Manganese†2 mg100%
Chromium†100 mcg83%
Molybdenum†20 mcg27%
Mixed Carotenoids†3 mg*
Prenatal Herbal Blend†
[Organic Brown Rice, Organic Oats, Organic Blueberries (fruit), Organic Prunes (fruit), Organic Blackberries (fruit), Organic Flame Raisins (fruit), Organic Raspberries (fruit), Organic Dandelion (leaf), Organic Rose Hips (fruit), Organic Lavender (flower), Organic Lemon Balm (leaf), Organic Peppermint (leaf), Organic Cloves (bud), L. casei, L. plantarum, L. salivarius, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, S. thermophilus, B. bifidum, B. infantis, B. longum, and B. breve]
300 mg*
Breast Support Blend (spouted seeds)
(Organic Broccoli, Organic Cauliflower, Organic Kale, Organic Daikon Radish, Organic Cabbage, Organic Mustard)
100 mg*
*Daily Value not established.
‡ Lithothamnion: (L. calcareum and L. corallioides).
† Nutrients and herbs are cultured in organic media that may contain: organic milled soy, Saccharomyces cerevisiae (organic yeast: active and inactive), organic maltodextrin, organic gum acacia, organic orange and lemon peel - natural sources of bioflavonoids, organic carrot powder, organic alfalfa powder, Lactobacilli (L. acidophilus, L. bifidus, L. rhamnosus) and enzymes (deactivated).

Other IngredientsOrganic gum acacia, silica, lac resin, and carnauba wax.
Contains: Fermented soy. Naturally gluten free.
100% vegetarian; no artificial flavors or colors.

belz

yeah wenwen.. my niece also detected to have down syndrome also... with poor heartbeat.. but my cousin go ahead with the pregnancy.. nw she is a talkative little gal.. 3years old.. but of coz its easy for us to say...coz as mum, all of us hope our kids are clear from all these...i do suggest u take another opinion to see how things goes!!

alag

Hi Wenwen, welcome!

Don't worry too much.. All I can say is whatever test we take, there always false positives and false negatives. But the most important thing is that you stay and think positive for both yours and the baby's health! :) will keep prayers for you.

cheshire

Yes, now im 17 weeks..put on like 5 kg since pregnant. Just went to the gynae yest, he said I should be putting on ard 2kg every mth. Total 15kg for whole pregnancy..a lot right! I thought asians below 10kg, but he said no. Maybe cos i'm not very small sized in the first place. How much weight have u all been putting on??

He also told me should be able to feel baby soon. He mentioned something like feeling bubbles.. lols. been anticipating :)

cheshire

Hi wenwen,

Welcome to the group :) Sorry, don't really know what to say to make u feel better.. Guess it'll not be easy for you not to worry or think about it.. Just hope ur detailed scan results would be better. hugs!

belz

wow..2kg every mth..seem alot!! i m also 17 weeks.. so far i put on abt 300-400g... i duno if its normal also..it seem i m pretty conscious abt my weight :p

Hey Wen wen,

Welcome! Be positive minded. There are alot of incidence about false positive on the forum. Just make sure that you eat healthily.

I gain about 1.5 - 2.0 kg at week 18 now.

Have anyone done the 20th week details scan? Will the gynae definitely be able to find out the gender at week 20?

My gynae did mentioned that mine might probably be a boy. (though i yearn for a girl initially haha!). I just hope that they will tell me a confirmed gender so that i can call him/her by names. I have a friend whose Gynae confirmed the gender to be a girl at week 23, and eventually she gave birth to a boy.

Have you ladies thought of name for your baby? Been borrowing books from the library for the calculation of chinese names by strokes. :)

Hey Cheshire,

I can feel my baby movement though it's quite mild. It really feels like bubbling. My husband listen to my tummy and claims that he hear bubbling sounds.

Accordingly to old wives tales (just for fun!), if the baby is very active in the tummy, most likely it's a girl. On the contrary, baby less active will be a boy (maybe boy are just lazier.. LOL). But not sure how true this is...
Yes, now im 17 weeks..put on like 5 kg since pregnant. Just went to the gynae yest, he said I should be putting on ard 2kg every mth. Total 15kg for whole pregnancy..a lot right! I thought asians below 10kg, but he said no. Maybe cos i'm not very small sized in the first place. How much weight have u all been putting on??

He also told me should be able to feel baby soon. He mentioned something like feeling bubbles.. lols. been anticipating :)

cheshire

belz, you never even really put on weight lah! I also quite conscious but look what happened..lols. omg. i think i am putting on too much weight alr. u naturally thin and don't put on weight fast?

Tomatoning, how many weeks preg are u? I hope I can feel baby soon. I also wanted a girl more but mine's a boy. He opened his legs wide wide at 14 weeks during scan. hehs. But 2 days back at gynae he refused to open his legs. Gynae started to nudge my tummy to disturb him, hoping he would open his legs, but he just refused. lols. Yah, much easier now that I know the gender..can buy clothes and pram etc. Have decided his christian name already :) Chinese name my mum say wanna bring to people to count.

cheshire

Anyone going for antenatal class? I am clueless on how to feed baby..breast pumps and stuff look so foreign to me.. So thinking if I should go for such classes. Apparently can claim a portion from medisave acct?

alag

Amazing if you haven't put on weight! I am going to 18 weeks and have gained 6.3kg already :( hopefully it will slow down.

I am going for the antenatal class at KKH. My friend says its pretty useful!

cheshire

Hi alaq, now i feel more normal. hehs. belz and tomatoning barely put on weight..i guess both of you don't need new clothes yet? I am running out of clothes to wear.

How much are the classes? You sign up package with your gynae and the hospital alr?