EDD April 2013..cont

cheshire

Hi sVal,

I haven't booked anything. Will be signing gynae package on 4th dec, prob will sign up for antenatal classes then. Don't know how much issit..

Maud

Hi cheshire,
I just found my OB and I was waiting to see how my pregnancy would go before booking the hospital. I visited the maternity and I find it nice. I have my next scan next friday so I think I'll preregister this day at the same time.
And I won't go to antenatal classes because it is my 2nd, so I know how it works now!

belz

not yet too..waiting for the next baby fair... sVal.. my mum will take care of my bb for me.. hee..i think u can source for other choice of confinement lady ba.. nw stil got time...

pigletbao

I bought my stroller n car seat at the last baby fair! Did some research before that n think the prices for the items I want will likely not go lower so made the purchases while I still am comfortable to shop! :) Next item I'm eyeing will be the cot/play pen!

Gg for my detailed scan on Tue! *excited*

sVal - Is yours from an agency? Am getting mine from PEM n it costs $2050 (additional $200 if you appoint a specific nanny).

xiuxiu

Hello mummies, i read online and found out that we have to be careful of the shampoo and body wash we used now.
Better to use organics or one that without certain ingredient that might do harm to the baby. Do you gers know about this?
i been using normal shampoo.. if so, any recommendations on the organics shampoo to use?

mikomiko

Hi mummies, I'm moving into 17 weeks soon but still vomiting.. sometimes once or few times a day. Anyone having same exp? My Edd end Apr.

belz

Hi Miko... i m moving into 20 weeks ...sometimes i vomit too..after meal.. but its juz once onli..i guess our body is slowly adjusting to the changes?

alag

Piglet, do you know if the confinement can be done such in a way that the nanny doesn't stay overnight?
My husband doesn't like the idea of someone in the house.

Btw girls, my trip to the US is more or less firmed up! Lemme know if you need anything especially from babies r us!

Hi all a very long time since I last logged in. Just found out from the gynae las week that I will be having a boy, but gynae only mentioned a 90% accuracy, not sure if detailed scan next week will return the same results.

Mikomiko, I am still vomitting, and I still feel nauseous. I am already 20 weeks, gynae says it will continue till the end of pregnancy for some :(

Anyway my detailed scan is next week, quite worried as sonographer will then be able to tell if baby is growing well. i have heard terrible stories of detailed scans which revealed very shocking results such as abnormal developments and stuffs. But so far, gynae says my baby is ok, so I am hoping baby is strong and healthy too cuz I am always sick and having nosebleeds every now and then.

Anyone else went for detailed scan already? Will the sonographer/ gynae be able to tell you how much the baby weigh and how the baby is positioned? I have only gained 2 kg, not sure if baby will be big enough. But gynae says no weight gain is a healthy sign lol, dont have to worry about excessive weight loss after birth... lol

ynove

Hello ladies!

I'm almost 21 weeks - we scanned two weeks ago, and we're expecting a boy! Can see quite clearly on the ultrasound that it's a boy :) I guess boys are easier to spot than girls.

alag, you're going for a babymoon! that's fun. there are confinement ladies who just stay during the day eg, 9am-6pm. it's quite common. but my confinement lady is staying overnight, cos i'll probably need the rest esp the first week after delivery!

are any of you ladies intending to breastfeed? i've been reading up and researching up a storm to get ready for that. I've decided on the Ameda breast pump, cos compared to Medela (the more popular brand), Ameda is actually a closed system. Which means milk does not backflow into the motor. I've seen blog reviews about Medela which opened up the motor casing and showed that milk flowed back into the tubes back into the motor, which caused mould and dried milk crust at the motor area... pretty gross! And plus, Ameda is cheaper.. much cheaper! So, can consider, if you're intending to express milk when you go back to work. I intend to start expressing when I deliver, mostly after breasfeeding sessions, to ramp up milk supply and to stock up on breast milk in the fridge/freezer.

I'm going for my detailed scan this Fri! Baby is kicking a lot, which is kinda special and fun. :)

LyDeeAna

Im EDD is 22 April... Counting down to 6 Dec.. eager to the gender... But i have one big problem... i lost 10kg and not gaining any weight.. but so far baby is healthy.. heartbeat is beating at 160...

ynove

Hi autumn,

My detailed scan is this Friday :) I put on about 2 or 3kg only. But my gynae measured the baby and he said he's a 'medium-sized baby' (like he's a McDonald's pack of fries!) so don't worry, your gynae will be able to tell from measuring if your baby is growing well, even if you do not put on much weight!

Now i'm getting hungrier during the day... haha.

Anyway my detailed scan is next week, quite worried as sonographer will then be able to tell if baby is growing well. i have heard terrible stories of detailed scans which revealed very shocking results such as abnormal developments and stuffs. But so far, gynae says my baby is ok, so I am hoping baby is strong and healthy too cuz I am always sick and having nosebleeds every now and then.

Anyone else went for detailed scan already? Will the sonographer/ gynae be able to tell you how much the baby weigh and how the baby is positioned? I have only gained 2 kg, not sure if baby will be big enough. But gynae says no weight gain is a healthy sign lol, dont have to worry about excessive weight loss after birth... lol

pigletbao

Hi all! Just did my detailed scan today and it's a little girl! :)) Am supposed to be 20w+4d n I'm measuring thereabouts (20w+1d).

The scan took abt 40 min and the gynae did a commentary for us while he took all the measurements he needed, from head, heart, abdomen, other major organs, limbs etc. Baby was really active and moving throughout the scan. Thank God all is well with her!

Weight was also taken and she weighs 330g which is normal. I lost 5 kg in my first tri n recently gained them back so overall I have not put on any yet but baby is growing fine so not to worry if you had lost quite a bit of weight in first tri.

Quite an experience to be spending so much time with baby. My gynae even gave us a CD of the entire process with his commentary so we can rewatch again at home. :))

Alag - Yup! Have heard of daytime confinement nannies, usually 8-6pm i think. You can try calling PEM to check if they have; I know TMC Parentcraft provides this service but I find them real pricey (maybe coz their nannies are all sporeans). Good luck!

xiuxiu

wow! Im so envy that most of you retain the same wt, lose wt or only gained 2-3kg. I already gained ard 7-8kg lor. :(

I went for my detailed scan today and confirm a baby girl. Weighing 380gsm. Everything is good:) And my gynae nv mentioned my lots of wt gain eh, so i hope that means is ok..haha.

LydeeAna and autumnfall, dont worry. As long as baby is doing well, no wt gain or little wt gain is ok. :) and i too thought worried abt the same issue as autumnfall before going for detailed scan. But before i enter the gynae's room, i told myself that i gotta think positively. So autumfall, dont worry ya, think positively! And ya, the gynae will give u a report showing if ur baby is at low placenta or not and the baby's wt.

LyDeeAna

Was very worried at first coz i lost 10kg.. But so far baby is healthy.. Next appt is 6 Dec .. Finally will know the gender

Thanks XiuXiu