EDD April 2013..cont

alag

Merry Christmas mummies!

Wishing you nothing but good tidings and blessings. Here is to seeing our little one in just a couple more months. :)

Oh I realized the tight tension feeling is Braxton Hicks contraction which is pretty normal and it eases off after a min. It's like a rehearsal for labour....it's just the uterus tightening.

Lipinggg

Hi all mummies, I'm new here. Currently 23 weeks & 5 days.
Care to share who's your gynae? And which hospital you plan to deliver your baby?

Hi all mummies, I'm new here. Currently 23 weeks & 5 days.
Care to share who's your gynae? And which hospital you plan to deliver your baby?
Hi Lipinggg

I'm also currently 23 weeks and 5 days. My gynae is Dr K K Chow and I'm gg to deliver at Raffles Hospital. What abt you?

Hi Lipinggg, welcome! Mt gynae is Dr Kang from Mt A ;)

Hi all, jus came back from my Europe vacation on Monday. Oh Gosh, the flight was unimaginably difficult and my tummy hurts so much from not being able to sit upright due to limited leg space. Am glad it was a direct flight, scared the hell out of me! Was so worried that baby might not be growing well with all the unhealthy food and guilty indulgences but baby measured 684g yesterday at appro. 25 weeks, yay!!!

Baby is so big, grew so much in the past 3 weeks lol... I bought a capella stroller at $332, its rather bulky and heavy but decided to buy a cheap one as I will most probably prefer carrying baby around with the baby strap. Also bought a car seat for newborns at $89, haha, cheap hor... lol dont wana spend so much :) Anyway, is it illegal to carry baby in the car? Must they be placed in the car seat at all times? Anybody knows where to get cheap baby cot and infant wear? And what brands of breast pumps should we buy? Sorry ar, I sound very auntie lol...

My colleague told me to just get a cheap pump becuz might not have much milk also... haiz so I think I will only buy after birth... Scared I dont have milk lols...

SherLee

Hi Lipinggg, Welcome n congrats.....

M 23weeks now. My gynae is Dr Lee Keen Whye. Will b giving birth at Gleneagles.

Autumnfall may I know wat car seat did u buy? M still looking around 4 one. All so ex.... Dunno which 1 to get.

M still shopping 4 bb cot too. Bot stroller d. Wat else did all mummies bot so far? I even carried some diapers back fm HK.... Hahaaaa crazy rite? My cuz recommended the diapers. She says it's very very gd. Pampers Made in Japan(cotton) that's why it's super gentle 4 bb skin.

Any mummies planning to kp ur placenta 4 consumption? Any idea where to get it processed.

Hello Sherlee, what's your budget and concerns?

Actually it all boils down to how you want to spend on the baby. Personally, I feel that all these baby stuffs is going to cost a bomb if I buy all the expensive brands so I try to stick to a minimum budget.

For strollers, I really think it's rather subsidiary, so I bought a sturdy one but it's very bulky and heavy. I dont mind carrying it arnd though. The baby seat I bought doesn't even carry a brand I think, not too sure as its not delivered to me yet. I bought both items at Mothercare at the Marina Sq Branch, there's a storewide 10% discount till end of the month. The shop beside sells my strollers at 15% lesser though (I only realised later**&^%%^)

I think Kaki Bukit is rather pricey leh, and I dont wish to pay so much for these stuffs. Trying to find baby cots, any lobangs, mummies?

Oh and I think there are two kinds of baby seats, one for newborns till arnd 1 year old, another for 9mths onwards till 11 or 12 years old. I bought both, former at 89 and latter at 119, think its still cheap comparatively... In case a year later I decide to have Number 2, number 1 can still sit on the other one lol...

banner82

Hi Lipinggg, Welcome n congrats.....

M 23weeks now. My gynae is Dr Lee Keen Whye. Will b giving birth at Gleneagles.

Autumnfall may I know what car seat did you buy? M still looking around 4 one. All so ex.... dont know which 1 to get.

M still shopping 4 baby cot too. Bot stroller d. what else did all mummies bot so far? I even carried some diapers back fm HK.... Hahaaaa crazy rite? My cuz recommended the diapers. She says it's very very good. Pampers Made in Japan(cotton) that's why it's super gentle 4 baby skin.

Any mummies planning to kp your placenta 4 consumption? Any idea where to get it processed.

Never heard of anyone keep their placenta for own consumption in Singapore. Overseas in china or Hong Kong maybe popular. But is it even legal in Singapore?

EYA

mommies..

anyone interested to get a nursing pillow?
i have one to let go at a reasonable price - Leachco Natural boost - adjustable nursing pillow.
please PM if interested :)

pigletbao

Hi Lipinggg - Am currently 26 weeks 3 days and my gynae is Dr Quek Swee Peng. Planning to deliver at Gleneagles. :)

Mummies - do you all experience any pain on the right upper abdomen, a little lower than the right bust, accompanied with back pain where our bra straps meet? Mine started out as rib pain under the right bust but now it's more at the upper right abdomen n it can be piercing at times. :( both front and back pain happen everyday and can get quite unbearable. Only lying down seems to alleviate the pain a little...

At first when I told the gynae abt this prob 2 mths back, he diagnosed it as the rib hitting onto a nerve coz it really seems to be around the area of a particular rib. He gave me some pregnancy safe pain killers to take if the pain becomes unbearable. Have refrained from taking them (tho I took it once but it didn't work then) but now the pain seems to be a daily affair and sometimes it can even be piercing.

Not sure how to continue working like that (with no place to lie down at work!) n wondering if I should pop the painkillers or go see the gynae again. I just hope that baby is fine...:(

alag

clothes

Hi girls,

I am buying baby clothes now but wanted to ask how many would you buy? Such as singlets, sleepwear etc.
Should I get 0-3 month size or newborn size? Any thoughts?

lyra

Mummies, cheap cots can be bought at IKEA. I saw a few ones there, quite cheap and nice. Some only cost less than $100.

lyra

Re: clothes

Hi girls,

I am buying baby clothes now but wanted to ask how many would you buy? Such as singlets, sleepwear etc.
Should I get 0-3 month size or newborn size? Any thoughts?
I have an older child so I have some experience with that. Buy lots of baby upper wear, some long and some short sleeves. Baby's bottom will be diapered and swaddled so it's not very necessary to buy bottoms. U will need to change the upper wear very often bcoz babies usually regurgitate milk after feeds. Try to buy bottoms or snapped on shirts and not pull over or draw strings as these will be time consuming to wear and take out, and the primary objective is to put them on quickly so that baby won't get cold. Learn how to swaddle baby properly from the nurses at the hospital too! It's very helpful skill. Don't buy singlets until baby is older coz younger babies can't regulate their body temperature and need to be kept warm. If you keep baby in air con room, you prob will need to buy full suite pajamas, the types that covers their feet too.

Hope these helps.

alag

Thanks!! But should I get "newborn" size or "0-3 months" and also... How many water bottles is enough, 2?

lyra

Thanks!! But should I get "newborn" size or "0-3 months" and also... How many water bottles is enough, 2?
Can get some newborn and more 0-3months.

U mean milk bottles right? Milk bottles can get maybe 2-3 and you can buy more when baby is older. Sometimes you can trial and error different brands and see which one baby prefers so don't need to buy too many of one brand at first.

cheshire

Hi mummies,

hope all of u are doing fine :) just has went to the gynae yest. 25 weeks now. put on almost 10kg in total, dr told me to cut own on carbs and sugar. haha..he say usually most put on abt 6-7kg at 25wks.

Hi alag,

I bought a mixture of newborn and 0-3mths...but more 0-3 mths. my uncle passed me a few brands of bottles to try. he had to try 3 brands before finding the "perfect" one for his little girl. so maybe u can standby 1 or 2 brands first..dont buy too many of one.

queenbee

happy new year all mummies,

im new here and am 24 weeks today... & my first DS is already 9 mths :)
haven't been taking my obimin for as long as i remember since i got pregnant as this time round i could eat better from the 2nd trimester onwards :tbounce:
anyone doing the same? i feel guilty though....

by the way, where can i find out about postnatal massage with jamu/herbs etc... my previous massuese is no longer doing this :bsad:

TIA:bbiggrin: