EDD April 2013..cont

belz

mummies..do u know if u will be tested for diabeties and when will that be? kinda worried if i kana .. lol

Congratulations to all parents to be!

We believe that all babies are priceless gifts and miracles and mummies deserve to be well informed and taken care of immaculately. Aixin Mummies confinement and wellness sanctuary is a one stop confinement and wellness center for mummies. Services we offer include pre/post natal yoga, lessons on infant care and pre/post natal care, first aid for infants, professional confinement care and stay in confinement services etc. Please feel free to contact us at 98228876 or email aixinmummies@gmail.com for further enquiries.

Anyone knows how it feels like when baby has hiccups? I kept feeling gentle consistent knock knocking against the womb. It's too rhythmic to be his punches or kicks, nor do I think that's the heart eating....

Hongyu

Hi all,
My EDD is 15th April, 2nd baby girl again. My first daughter is turning 1 yr old this 10th Feb. I enrolled her for 18 mths infant full day/playgroup @ My First Skool Geylang East branch but am on waiting list. So I enrolled her at Cherie Hearts @ Vertex P/L but have not yet get any reply. Is it advisable to put 18 mths toddler to infant full day?

Hi Lipingg, I'm currently 26 wks and 3 days... Entering my third trimester soon.. My gynae is Dr. K C Yeo at Thomson Medical Center. His way of consultation is the "to be safe than sorry" kind. So he will advise against certain food (e.g. Half boiled egg, raw food, raw vegetable). Nevertheless, his very patience and will spend time talking to you despite crowds waiting at his clinic.

Hi autumnfall and alag, I bought the Combi miracle turn stroller cause its lightweight (intending to bring baby out on public transport), its a little shaky (maybe due to its lightweight), but easy to keep and bring around. I bought about 10 sets of long sleeve top and bottom (0-3 months), and got some pass down from relatives. As for milk bottles, I bought 2 260ml and 4 150ml tommie tippee bottles. I bought those in a set, so that its cheaper.

Hi lyngoh1010, I think I feel baby hiccups too. They are just continuous bumping and a little vibrational.

By the way, I read the instruction booklet of the bottles and it claims that we are advise to change the teat of the bottle every 3-6 months even if we sterilise the bottles. Did anyone really practise it?

Did anyone of u diligently took the calcium pill, fish oil, iron pills and pre-natal vitamin? I take it on a daily basis, but one of my friend told me she didn't take any of those because her colleague child was diagnose with autism after she take those pills. I'm quite surprise to hear that since the supplements is suppose to help in baby development. Anyone heard of any similar cases?

alag

Hi Tomatoning,

I ended up getting the Peg Perego Book Plus, haven't seen in Singapore but got it at a good price from Amazon since I was in the US and shipping was free. Its a one fold close which was why I ended up getting it and I got the Baby Bjorn carrier so I can bring the baby out too later. :) Didn't know buying sets were cheaper.. will check it out! :)

BTW, any clues where to get affordable cribs? Those I saw so far range from 700-2000 dollars which is a tad extravagant to me!

belz

mummies who attend the thomson parent craft.. is it necessary for hubby to attend together? My hubby is working shift.. 8-8pm or 8-8am...he cant make it for most of the lessons but we have actually sign up already and i feel its a waste for him to take leave juz to attend the class..

mummies who attend the thomson parent craft.. is it necessary for hubby to attend together? My hubby is working shift.. 8-8pm or 8-8am...he cant make it for most of the lessons but we have actually sign up already and i feel its a waste for him to take leave juz to attend the class..
first time mum n dad? If so better for hubby to join you when the class is teaching labour n breathing techniques during labour as I think your hubby will be with u during labour n it is important he help me relax and remind your those breathing techniques which you will forget once u are in pain.

belz

hi iceydragon81..does it mean its ok if my hubby cant attend the other class.. coz by the time he reach amk..its 9pm already if hes working.. :(

hwaa

mummies who attend the thomson parent craft.. is it necessary for hubby to attend together? My hubby is working shift.. 8-8pm or 8-8am...he cant make it for most of the lessons but we have actually sign up already and i feel its a waste for him to take leave just to attend the class..
hmmm.. im on shift as well, so far managed to attend all the lessons. its best that he tries to attend cos the info is quite beneficial. but sad to say the ramining 2 lessons im unable to attend with my wife cos i injured my knee and went for operation.

really sad, becoming a burden at this crucial point of time. :(

ps: so far i see the lessons, abt 100% the hubby attends with the wife.

pigletbao

Hi belz, most of the activities conducted during the lessons involve the husband...like how he can help wife with exercises, breathing and massaging. If husband not there, usually Mrs Wong will partner you or request that you help with the demonstration for the class...at least for the first three hands-on lessons so far.

Lectures at SCGS not so crucial for husband to go along...hope this helps!

alag

How is everyone coming along in the pregnancy? :)

Have you guys all found out the gender of the little one?

My boy has been hiccuping everyday the past one week, sometimes twice a day... Quite worrying... Anybody felt your little angels hiccuping yet?

Thanks Alag! I was trying to keep this worry at bay fearing it might escalate into something deep. Needed the assurance :)

mikomiko, it's a series of rhythmic thuds, soft and consistent, unlike kicks that varies in the strength... :)

alag

Also they say sometimes eating too much spicy food or having something new (to the baby's taste buds) can cause hiccups! :)