EDD April 2013..cont

Actually if u intend to breastfeed fully, dont buy formula milk... first few days is supposedly the hardest and baby will cry a lot cuz breastmilk not sufficient.. but as long as u latch on frequently, the supply will come... I heard that for the first 4 mths when breastmilk isnt stabilized, cannot pump must fully latch on to ensure supply... tats why im not buying formula milk, dont wan to tempt myself lol

hwaa

yah heard huggies sizes v fast cannot wear.

it was pretty crowded as natas fair was ongoing as well, finding a carpark lot is like fighting war.

SherLee

I was there yesterday too !! Are you the one speaking with the auntie in Cantonese ? N yes their stuff cheaper! Many thanks to autumnfall for posting about Cheong choon.

Btw, dear all MTBs, just to share,I signed up membership at Tom & Stefanie's yesterday. It's lifetime at $10 only. Can get 10% off all regular-priced items. I feel it's quite worth it cos their collection quite big. Baby toiletries, clothes, BF supplies, toys etc etc, practically everything that we will need. Regular priced items already at quite reasonable rates. Can go when feel lazy to travel to Cheong choon. :p

Hahaaaaa yes Yasumi, I was the 1..... Omg wat a coincidence. We ONI chat here n cannot imagine if any1 of us cross path oso we dun know. U went to CC w who? C if I can recall how u look like not? Recently my brain like bird brain, 1second thinking of writing down something, turn my head I had forgotten wat was it I wanted to jot down. Sibey jialat.....

Actually I might no to go back to CC another day, forgot to ask bout the herbal bath 4 confinement n nd to buy the liquid detergent.

Yasumi

Thanks alag and autumnfall, i decided not to get formula milk in advance already. :) Hopefully breastfeeding goes well for all of us!

Autumnfall, you mention first few days breastmilk not sufficient then baby will cry alot... If breastmilk really insufficient, we have to leave them sobbing away? Yesterday the Cheong Choon auntie told me if plan to do full BF, cannot feed baby any water at all. You heard of it? If i have insufficient milk for baby and yet cant give her water, i worry i will sob along with her.. :07: Hopefully breastmilk supply no problem!!!

Should we still include breastmilk pump in our hospital bag?

Wa, there is a dog in your house ah.. then better not. I also worry the dog may attack your baby. Plus newborn baby immune system still not strong, dont know whether having animal in the house will affect it.... Seems like PEM is quite popular here, give it a try perhaps? I feel once your baby is born, your mum and MIL will "automatically" keep coming over to see/play with baby too. ;)

Yasumi

Everyone getting Huggies diapers? I already bought a packet of Mamy Po Ko diapers in newborn size. Is huggies better?

SherLee, i was alone yesterday in a long sleeveless striped dress. Then you were telling me not to go to the baby fair, pigeon wipes are cheaper at CC, better to get electrical pump etc..Really so coincidental. Maybe we even run into other fellow edd Apr MTB but didnt know each other. Lol

Ya recently me too. Become more forgetful after conceiving. Haha i guess its the norm huh.. since we easily worry about things and exhaust out easily during pregnancy too.

Wa you still going back to CC again soon ah? You stay near there? If not, i think for these two items can just get elsewhere. I bought both items yesterday. CC selling the confinement herbs at $3 for a pack of 2 satchets and the tollyjoy liquid detergent at $7. Chinese herbal shops selling the confinement herbs at around this price too. TJ liquid detergent about $0.50-$1 cheaper than other areas too. You might want to see if you can get at around these rates in your neighbourhood first?

alag

diapers

Hey guys, know everyone is getting anxious already... And since most of you bought the stuff, maybe you can guide me.

How many diapers would I need to get for now? Also, where do I buy the maternity sanitary napkins? Is it not advisable to use tampons after birth?

Lastly, I only got my baby one milk bottle but if I decide to use the pump later, is 4 bottles enough

SherLee

Re: diapers

Oh yes Yasumi I definitely remember u..... Hahaaaa... U r njoying ur coffee while shopping. I dun stay nearby lah, I stay in da East area. Ya mayb shd check out those neighbourhood area here 1st b4 deciding if I wanna go back to CC.

Btw if any1 of u r deciding to take Eu Yan Sang Pai Foong Pill aft birth tink it's shd b on sale end of this mth. 20% off n if can drop by airport beta still,save another 7% GST. So might wanna kp a lookout ya.

Ya if insufficient bm how? No water, no formula...... Jus let bb cry?

Alag my gf told me dun overstocked on diapers as u dunno how big ur bb will b. Even when bb is growing dun overstock as her bb outgrown way too fast n the diapers she bot couldn't catch up. In no time she needs to chg the size of the diapers. As for bb bottles, heard fm other parents u might wan to test out the bb bottle tat u bot is suitable not. Cos sometimes bb like to choose their own bottles too. So dun buy too many of the same brand 4 a start. I bot all the necessities EG. Sanitary napkins, disposable panties, dry shampoo Etc fm Cheong Choon.

Yasumi

Alag, i bought my maternity sanitary napkins at CC yesterday. Brand is Pureen Madame. Costs $7 for 20pcs. I saw that Tom & Stefanie's carrying this brand as well. So I believe you should be able to find at other maternity stores eg Mothercare too ? I tried finding at stores like Watsons & Guardians but they don't have maternity ones.
The CC auntie says 20pcs is enough cos our flow will be less heavy after a week. Thereafter, can just use normal night/maxi napkins. Don't forget to stock up on disposable panties!! Because we won't be able to wash then also paiseh to ask CL to wash.

If you going for natural birth, better to avoid using tampons for at least 3 months after delivery. I heard usually the wound stop hurting after a week but then doctor will advise no sex for about 2-3 months. So should be the same for tampons? Better check with your gynae on this because everyone's recovery time might be different.

Regards to diapers quantity, it depends on whether you intend to use disposable diapers only or planning to use cloth diapers occasionally as well. My friend advised me her newborn baby uses up about 9 diapers/day. I do not intend to use any cloth diapers. Lazy to wash. :p So will be getting lots of diapers in advance. Intending to get 4 packets of Mamy Po Ko diapers (newborn size, 52pcs/pk). Newborn size suitable for babies up to 5kg so should be quite safe to get about 1 month's supply.
My mum had told me to get just 2 packets first in case baby grow too fast/ sensitive to the brand we bought. Which i thought is quite true. Can always get hubby/ mum to help get later. So don't worry too much about this.

CC Auntie told me 4 bottles is not enough for breastfeeding. She suggested getting more bottles. But I feel if really need to store milk, using bottles will take up too much space in the fridge. So I bought the breastmilk storage bags & auntie recommended pigeon brand. It costs $13.50 for a box of 25pcs. Usually milk supply will increase rapidly only from 2nd month onwards so doubt there will be a need for us to pump in the 1st month. Therefore, I just standby one box to try out first. There's too many brands out there. Plus if possible, i will latch on baby every single time because it is believed that expressed milk taste slightly different and quality may be compromised if you heat too long.

Hope the above is of help to you.. :)

Yasumi

Sherlee, haha yes yes i am the one with the starbucks. I stay in the east too! What is the Eu Yan Sang Pai Foong Pill for? I haven't heard of it. Thank god you mentioned! Must get? For baby or for us? My friend told me must get some balm from herbal shop to apply on baby's gums. Is it the same thing?

WAAA.. i didn't know babies has tendency to "choose" bottles. Jialat. I already bought 4 bottles of Philip Avent brand bottles. Hopefully my baby won't be picky!!

belz

Re: post natal massage

Hey ladies, want to ask if you have any recommendation for the post natal massage (jamu)?
Ideally, I am looking at one that can travel to my place. Appreciate the tips!
hihi..mine is a chinese lady.. 5x for 190..travel to your place..if u wan add more massage..also can..juz tell her..are u interested?

alag

Okie, will ask my doctor about tampons..
And sounds like I should get the diapers first. Thanks for all the info yasumi!

Where do you live? I am from the east too!!

belz

my cousin use her...say its effective but the only thing is she talks alot.. its 190 for 5 days.. massage and wrap 1hr..travel to your house.. her contact is 90260085 ^^.. if u feel she is gd n want to do more..u can do so..juz pay accordingly

Hey thanks bel for the recommendation!!! Was looking for one too...

Actually I heard they say if not enuf breastmilk baby will keep crying and stomach will have 'wind', so better to mix formula milk and breast milk for the first week, but I really dont wan to mix, I prefer 100% pure breastmilk if I can...

And I read that we need to pump becuz sometimes latching on can be v painful and pumping has massaging effect and its not as painful.. but I really feel that I wan to latch for the time being first and only starts to pump from 2nd mth onwards when milk supply is more stable...

Actually its very hard to say, some pple have no probs with breastfeeding while others have no breastmilk at all no matter how hard they try so its really very subjective lol.. hope I can breastfeed for a year becuz its really important for baby to receive human milk...

I have only 4 bottles and I think its enough... actually first mth if u latch on u dont need to standby a lot of bottles... lol unless u have plentiful supply of milk ...

fiindingfaces

Hi all mummies-to-be

Sorry to interrupt this thread ....

Thinking of getting some maternity photographs done in a creative and artistic way?
Let our maternity photography services to help you preserve your mum-to-be moments and to show off your proud "bump" in an artistic way.

Check out our website (www.fiindingfaces.com) and facebook page (www.facebook.com/fiindingfaces) to see our works and get more details.

Fiindingfaces-photography---Singapore-maternity-photography-services.jpg

belz

does ur baby kick u very hard now? it seem my bb kicks are getting painful... aiyo.. i m into 33w now.. his kick like karata...sometimes quite painful..n make my tummy feel tight..

Yes bel I have the same feeling..

Was jus abt to ask.. fetal movement has been very very vigorous and sometimes it hurts a lot... by right their movements shld be decreasing now compared to 20 plus weeks right? But mine is still active and their punches/kicks hurts... I can feel it pressing against my bladder and my ribs, sometimes it causes a sharp pain at the birth canal... when I lie down, I feel very breathless... and im so tired on most days. My legs are swollen and hurts when I walk too... are these labor symptoms?

And have ur weight gain been consistent, I have gained so much weight these few days even though I havent ate much... good thing is my overall weight gain has been close to 8kg, hope to maintain to 40 weeks...

alag

I am so envious. I have a ridiculous 13-14 kg weight gain!!! :( and I really don't eat that much now. Sigh you are so lucky!

My baby's movement bothers me and can wake me up. He or she doesn't like it when I sleep on my left. I can physically feel him or her headbutt me and kick my ribcage. My gynae says maybe around 33-36 weeks should I feel a drop in the active movement!