EDD April 2013..cont

Yasumi

Hehe Alag, thanks !!! I'm hoping that she'll inherit her dad's eyelashes (long & natural curl) then no need mascara/eyelash extensions next time. :p Your baby going to look awesome! Especially the eyes !! :)

Enjoy your maternity tour!!

Wa Bless3d.. Your baby already so big. My baby only 2.08kg at w35. Have to force myself to eat more everyday and its such a pain. Anyway I think you can just try to cut down on protein/carbo/milk cos I was told to increase those intake for baby to gain weight.

Thanks alag! Will discuss with my hubby on this and see what he says. My hubby japanese then he quite conservative, scared he can't accept it. Hope can try though!!! I think it will be such a good bonding experience! :)

Autumnfall, me too! Now last trimester very sleepy too but i can't sleep well every single night due to the frequent toilet trips. Plus baby is always super active at night. I think she hates all my sleeping positions be it on my sides/back. She will kick me hard in the ribcage when I am trying to sleep. I think you should take 2 weeks(prior to EDD) off as its very important to have ample rest for the big day, else that day very tired and no strength to push how? And you mentioned your bosses like not very understanding right? Better take leave to rest at home instead of seeing their "face" and affect your pregnancy mood. We must try to stay relaxed and happy. Meet your girlfriends for coffee/good movie, sit at home shake leg read magazine, go for a haircut etc. Just indulge cos it will be difficult to find time for our own activities after baby is born.

Ya think I will start early been v tired this week lol... think I wan to stop work end march or early april... or as soon as doc says im giving birth anytime lol... dont worry I think we will continue to share pur woes here even after baby is borned lol... so many things to learn n share...

Oh alag I didnt go for hospital tour but the person jus gave me the goodie bag lol so I jus take loh lol...

Have ur started drinking coconut juice, they say it will be cleaner during labor as less blood loss and baby's skin will not peel as much, not sure how true but I started drinking ytd... went for wong boh boi lessons and she said the same hehe...

Haiz I do hope can give birth naturally cuz was worried milk doesnt come if c sec... haiz nvm I will jus keep telling the baby to drop down every night..

Wow..
Bless3d u r so blessed ur baby is sooooo big, dont worry plus minus 300g shld be aldy there.. maybe dont eat so much sugary stuffs, it speeds up baby's growth.. I ate durian puffs and baby grew 500g in a week, quite scary one...

Bless3d

That's the thing. The doc asked my husband why my baby is so big. We are also puzzled.

Apart from these cny season, usually i only take one slice of wholemeal bread without anything else in the morning for breakfast. I did not take any milk during this pregnancy. Lunch i eat the normal stuff we find in foodcourt etc (with carbs). As for dinner, i din take carbs, just veggie, soup and steam fish.

Perhaps i shld cut the carbs for lunch too and start cutting down on the protein. Baby grow for 0.6kg for the last 2wks. Scary.

I am now praying hard that my gynea estimate is wrong. He mentioned closer to date I will send me for detail scan again to determine the weight more accurately. He never ask me to watch my diet though. I think for gynea, big baby is good baby. :s

Hmm ya agree but sometimes doc do make mistakes in their calculation. Fetal weight is jus an estimation, many times they r not accurate.. but do have to watch fetal weight if exceeded by a considerable amt if not labor is gonna be very painful I guess...

Wad abt length of baby, do they matter? Mine measured 282mm las week and I checked online and its too short... how ar... does it matter?

And r u mummies constipated? I have been constipated for the past one week, haiz quite uncomfortable cuz i feel bloated too...

cheshire

Hi Mummies2be,

havent login for so long.. glad to see everyone doing so well! how time flies, another mth or so we'll be seeing our little ones IRL! anw have any of u booked for newborn photography?? any recc?

cheshire

*Baby Gender Chart - April 2013*

Prince
1. Sherlee / Gleneagles (Dr. Lee Keen Whye) / end Apr
2. Autumnfall / Mount Alvernia Hospital (Dr Kang Wee) / Apr 11
3. Cheshire/ Mount Elizabeth (Dr Kowa Nam Sing)/ Apr 16

Princess

1. Yasumi / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr Adrian Woodworth) / Apr 2
2. Pigletbao / Gleneagles (Dr Quek Swee Peng) / Apr 5

TBA
Wenwen11 / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 13
Alag / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 19

Euniz

Helloo ladies....

Ive Been MIA-ing frm mummysg for so long.. It's kinda hard to follow the thread on iphone since its super small to read and ido not haf access to internet on my work comp!!

Only now i realise there is mummysg apps! Thank god!!

Been reading the thread, ive sure missed alot of stuff...

Aniwae love to catch up with u ladies....

Just fyi... I'll b delivering at KKH.. Due date is 20th april and expecting a boy!

Yasumi

Autumnfall, what was in the goodie bag? I just started on coconut juice too. One young coconut a week then increase to twice during the last 2 weeks right? My mum tell me to start taking more cooling stuff so that cervix will soften for an easier delivery. Don't know how true. I worry too much will affect my girl's lungs later. :001_07: Did Ms Wong Boi Boi say such stuff?

Btw all mummies, have you all heard of "jing feng shan" for babies? A friend told me that i need to apply it on baby gums/tongue daily so that baby doesn't get startled easily and produce green poo in the early months. I just bought one from the medical hall. Surprised that it cost $20 for a small bottle of 3gram! Anyway was reading the ingredient list and it seems to contain so MANY chinese herbs until i feel abit scared and doubtful as to whether it is safe for newborn baby or not... Anyone know anything about this jing feng shan thingy? Please kindly advise....

wenwen11

Prince
3. Wenwen11 / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 13
4. Cheshire/ Mount Elizabeth (Dr Kowa Nam Sing)/ Apr 16

Princess

TBA

kekeke updated the chart!!!

wenwen11

Autumnfall, what was in the goodie bag? I just started on coconut juice too. One young coconut a week then increase to twice during the last 2 weeks right? My mum tell me to start taking more cooling stuff so that cervix will soften for an easier delivery. Don't know how true. I worry too much will affect my girl's lungs later. :001_07: Did Ms Wong Boi Boi say such stuff?

Btw all mummies, have you all heard of "jing feng shan" for babies? A friend told me that i need to apply it on baby gums/tongue daily so that baby doesn't get startled easily and produce green poo in the early months. I just bought one from the medical hall. Surprised that it cost $20 for a small bottle of 3gram! Anyway was reading the ingredient list and it seems to contain so MANY chinese herbs until i feel abit scared and doubtful as to whether it is safe for newborn baby or not... Anyone know anything about this jing feng shan thingy? Please kindly advise....

yasumi, im attending mdm wong antenatal classes!!! she said the coconut juice rite... its NONSENSE!!! but i think i will still go ahead to start with it kekeee=p Mdm wong always emphasizing on "based on researches.... this is true/false" =p

wenwen11

autumnfall... pls dun worry too much abt ur baby's position!!! U are not alone k... Mine... also in breech position at last appt, 31 weeks =) My next appt is on next mon which I will be in my 34 weeks. So kind of decided together with my hubby that if baby still in breech position then go for csect. =) Guess everyone's main concern is the SAME - so long as baby is safe and sound, be it natural/csect doesnt matter rite?? kekee=p
ohh I do get constipations at times too!!! hahaaa it was terrible... i try to drink alot of water and some prune juice too... (but i din check if prune juice is it ok or not coz thats what i usually take if i constipated =( )

As for consumption of own placenta... just to share with u ladies that what mdm wong told us in the class, was similar to what yasumi explained... the placenta is acting like liver, processing alot of stuff and hence itself might contains alot of toxins... And in order to remove these toxins, need to pay a high price for processing the placenta. Hence those will interested, pls go to some reputable coys that provide this service and check out their processes to cleanse the placentas before making them into pills (instead of some medical halls)

alag, my another gf whose gynae is also dr goh and she just delivered recently =p she is really other than very reassuring, she also firm and assertive!!! kekee u dun see her like so sweet and soft-spoken, she is really very experienced and decisive <- comments from from gf's hubby

bless3d, have you been taking alot of durians??? alot of pple told me durians REALLY works!!! kekee=p

alag

Autumn, what is in the goodie bag? I am also curious!
I get constipated for 2-3 days but then when I go, I have to go 2-3 times a day. I read from mayo clinic that close to labor, you may be running to the toilet more often already too.

Yasumi, me too! I hope baby adopts daddy's eyelashes and nose. So far the ultrasound shows a very prominent nose. And hopefully good metabolic rate like daddy too and not me. Haha.

Blessed, I think just cut down on sugary stuff more than anything else. Don't worry.. 4kg baby is also ok when birth! :)

mapleleaves80

Prince
3. Wenwen11 / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 13
4. Cheshire/ Mount Elizabeth (Dr Kowa Nam Sing)/ Apr 16
5. lyngoh1010 / Thomson Medical (Dr M. tan) / Apr 4

Princess

3. mapleleaves80 / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr E Chua) / Apr 8

TBA

updated as realised some names are gone.. :)

wenwen11

Hmm shall we create a private group in facebook so that we could continue to encourage one another, give advices and meetups even our little angelic terrors are out?!?!?1 kekee=p

Im having insomia lately... coz my baby very active at nights, alot of movements!! esp im sleeping on the sides =( then baby quiet down then its like abt to wake up and go for work... Ohh then these few 2 days, i feel some pressures ard my pelvic area then also feel like something coming out, do you ladies have the same kind of feelings??????!!!

alag

Wenwen, that's good! I always feel safe with her knowing what to do. She put me on strict instructions to take hormone pills now despite me not wanting it but I like having a gynae who knows what she is doing but in such a reassuring but firm matter.

Seems like we have a lot boys coming up based on the chart! :)

Bless3d

Wenwen - i took durians in few occasions. One of my fav food. However, it is high in sugar and carbs. So try not to touch it.

Alag - I am rather petite. For my height, doc said max can go to 3.4kg only. Anything bigger than that, c-sect.

Anyway, will try to cut on the carbs from now and see how it goes 2 wks later. Btw, i will be delivring in KK for my baby gal with EDD 15 Apr. my gynea is Prof Han.

Euniz

Any of u delivering at KKH, took Dr Matthew Lau as ur Gynae from clinic D?

I cant seems to find any thread on him...
So far i only met him twice...

Oh no but mdm wong says to drink coconut juice during the las mth, lol think im day dreaming in her class lol...

My goodie bag from mt alvernia got 2 pieces of diaper samples, baby detergent samples, baby wash samples, some baby wipes and info on baby's development lol.. I jus take, nothing much but aiya I kiasu lol... wanted to ask for 2 lol but paiseh... lol so auntie...

Eh the 'jing feng san' right, I believe if u r breastfeeding dont need to use yet becuz baby wont have green poo oso... then actually if u hold baby close to ur heart and wash baby correctly, they will not get frightened easily. Hmm I heard abt jaundice prevention, find it quite interesting. U can get 'huang zhi guo' from medical halls and shower babies daily with it or get the seeds and put in under the pillow to prevent jaundice. According to one march mummy, the seeds really turned yellow... im gonna try becuz I heard 80% of babies get jaundice....

Oh ya and the placenta right, she says it is used to transport waste materials or something, if u wan to eat must get someone to sterilize it. And the machine to cleanse it is very expensive, usually costs more than the medical hall that produces it.. she says its millions of dollars for one such machine and she concluded that many placentas are not handled properly and aint fit for consumption. If u eat these capsules, it might worsen ur skin condition... pls correct me if im wrong k...

Oh ya.. started packing hospital bag and seriously dont knw where to begin lol... so many things!!! Where to start lah alamak lol...