EDD April 2013..cont

alag

Blessed, don't worry. C-sect is fine... As long as you and baby are healthy! :) my hubby was born 6kg and he and a his siblings were breached too but healthy still :) just take each day as it comes! You can do it!

Yasumi

Hmm ya agree but sometimes doc do make mistakes in their calculation. Fetal weight is jus an estimation, many times they r not accurate.. but do have to watch fetal weight if exceeded by a considerable amt if not labor is gonna be very painful I guess...

Wad abt length of baby, do they matter? Mine measured 282mm las week and I checked online and its too short... how ar... does it matter?

And r u mummies constipated? I have been constipated for the past one week, haiz quite uncomfortable cuz i feel bloated too...
Don't worry about the length. My gynae says baby is constantly moving during the scan, so the length derived won't be very accurate unless go for detail scan. I am hoping the fetal weight is not accurate too! Been forcing myself to eat more until so bloated and uncomfortable since monday.

I am constipated too. For me, drinking yakult/vitagen kinda helps. But everyday will still sit in toilet for quite long time. Somehow i scared if i force too much, baby will feel stressed. Hope i don't sound stupid. Lol. :shyxxx: If yours is very bad, can consider eating sunsweet prunes or drink their juice, heard they work wonders.

Yasumi

Hmm shall we create a private group in facebook so that we could continue to encourage one another, give advices and meetups even our little angelic terrors are out?!?!?1 kekee=p

Im having insomia lately... coz my baby very active at nights, alot of movements!! esp im sleeping on the sides =( then baby quiet down then its like abt to wake up and go for work... Ohh then these few 2 days, i feel some pressures ard my pelvic area then also feel like something coming out, do you ladies have the same kind of feelings??????!!!

The private group in FB is such a good idea!! :) Any mummies can create? I would love to help but not so familiar with FB functions...

Wenwen, I feel pelvic pressure too.. since last Thurs til now. It feels worse when i am standing/walking/leaning forward to reach things. Checked with my gynae on Mon and he says its normal cos my baby head engaged already. He told me to rest more and walk lesser.

Thanks for sharing the info(from Ms Wong) on the placenta. So far i've checked, only medical halls and home-based professionals providing such service so I guess I am dropping the idea unless can find hospitals/listed companies bah.

Prune juice is safe during pregnancy. Don't worry..

Ms Wong BB says the coconut juice nonsense ah? So far alot of mummies swear by it. So i will continue taking once a week.. now sweat so easily, i'm already looking forward to my next coconut to cool down my temperature. Hehe...

Are you all taking soya milk & "tau hwee"? My mum ask me to take more now, say baby will come out with nice & fair complexion. Another old wives' myth i guess, but hope it works!!

Yasumi

Autumnfall, thanks for the info on goodie bag , jing feng san & the seeds for prevention of jaundice. I didn't know breastfeeding no need to use jing feng san. I should have asked you all before getting. Sigh. Oh well, just keep it around and see whether it comes in handy later on.

I just started packing my bag, dont know whether to bring my own nursing wear/ button-down pyjamas or just wear hospital ones... How about you? And we will be delivering in our own clothes right? As the dress will be soiled, better to wear old one and dispose off later right? Im still trying to find a old but presentable one.

Are you all bringing your diaper bag to hospital? Should be no need right? Although hospital providing plain romper & swaddling cloth, i will still bring my own set plus baby hat, mittens & booties for baby to wear on the day of discharge. Other stuff like diapers, milk (if necessary), hankies, diaper rash cream, pacifier, wet wipes no need to bring right?

I haven't bought my diaper bag and baby carrier. Have you all bought already? If yes, which brand's diaper bag did you all buy? Is it better to get a branded diaper bag? For baby carrier, i am thinking of getting baby bjorn. But Ergo seems very popular too. Have you all bought? And is it too early to buy? Appreciate any advice...

wenwen11

Autumnfall, thanks for the info on goodie bag , jing feng san & the seeds for prevention of jaundice. I didn't know breastfeeding no need to use jing feng san. I should have asked you all before getting. Sigh. Oh well, just keep it around and see whether it comes in handy later on.

I just started packing my bag, dont know whether to bring my own nursing wear/ button-down pyjamas or just wear hospital ones... How about you? And we will be delivering in our own clothes right? As the dress will be soiled, better to wear old one and dispose off later right? Im still trying to find a old but presentable one.

Are you all bringing your diaper bag to hospital? Should be no need right? Although hospital providing plain romper & swaddling cloth, i will still bring my own set plus baby hat, mittens & booties for baby to wear on the day of discharge. Other stuff like diapers, milk (if necessary), hankies, diaper rash cream, pacifier, wet wipes no need to bring right?

I have not't bought my diaper bag and baby carrier. Have you all bought already? If yes, which brand's diaper bag did you all buy? Is it better to get a branded diaper bag? For baby carrier, i am thinking of getting baby bjorn. But Ergo seems very popular too. Have you all bought? And is it too early to buy? Appreciate any advice...
LOL... I haven't started packing my bag too!!! Wonder how to start doing it Anyway, I found this checklist from dumex website, http://www.dumex.com.sg/pregnancy/labour_and_birth/article/what_should_i_pack_in_my_hospital_ What should I put in my hospital bag?
For labour
• Your birth plan
• Hospital notes (if you have them)
• Change for the toll way fee, car park, and money for snacks
• Nightie, dressing gown, cosy socks and slippers.
• Contact lenses and spare glasses (if you have them)
• Magazines or ipod
• A watch with a second hand to time your contractions.
• Hair tie/band (if you’ve got long hair)
• Water spray (for cooling yourself down during labour)
• Your small beauty bag for toiletry ex. Tooth brush, tooth paste, soap or shower gel, shampoo
• Lip balm
• A camera and/or video camera (check with the hospital whether they are allowed or not)
• A towel and 2 cloths (some hospitals will provide these)
• Cereal bars or dried fruit for an energy boost
• Frozen drinks - They'll defrost during a long labour

After labour
• Hot water bottle (for pain relief)
• Massage oil (for pain relief)
• Eye mask, If you have trouble sleeping with the lights on
• Maxi sanitary pads
• Nursing bras and breast pads
• A v-shaped pillow (can help make baby feeding more comfy)
• Essentials for your baby, including nappies, blanket, socks, vest, and something that goes on easily and doesn’t really need to be tugged over their head
• A laundry bag
• Lots of change or phone cards to make calls if they don’t let you use mobiles in the hospital
• Comfy clothes and flat shoes to go home in
• ID card and house registration (some hospitals may provide service of issuing the birth certificate)

SherLee

Yasumi, hospital will give u a list of things to bring. Let me go dig mine out then I let u know k.

Tink any diaper bag will do, dun nd to b branded I tink. I bot mine at Expo last week, JJ Cole $60++ buy bcos half price... Hahaaaa. It was fm Mothercare, u might wan to check it out if u interested as Mothercare bb fair starts tmr. As 4 carrier m still holding on, if m buying will probably go 4 Manduca, u might wan to Google 4 more details. 1 example https://buxtonbaby.com.au/news/2011/05/manduca-versus-ergo-the-best-baby-carrier-is/ there r sprees from forums tat sells much cheaper. Let me know if u interested. M holding on as the carrier is quite pricey, m afraid I might under utilize the carrier then it's not worth buying 1. So m still scratching my head..... Hahaaaa....

Another option is go down to the shop to c n feel the product. Tink this shop has a variety of carriers Baby Slings & Carriers-Ring Slings,Backpack Carriers,Mei Tai,Baby Wrap,Pouch Sling

Thks.. drinking vitagen now... still sits very long in the toilet..maybe cuz im reallt stressed and tired from work.

For hosp bag, does it need to be a huge bag? I know it sounds silly but a normal large longchamp bag shld be able to stuff everything in right? Was thinking its jus for 3 days, dont need so many items right...

Oh and mt a doesnt provide hospital wear after delivery so was asked to bring my own night gown or pj... not sure bout other hosps... have submitted my maternity leave app, will be starting 1st of april... seriously my lower back ache badly and my tummy hurts too... its getting worse and my swollen feet is gigantic now lol... think I better rest early and pray baby pops out early too.. have u all started the application aldy? I think one or two weeks in advance is gd lol...

For baby carriers, I think its better to wait till baby is borned to bring baby down to test for urself becuz carriers are v exp and if baby doesnt like then really waste money oso... think diff carriers have diff feel, hence baby needs to choose for themselves... anyway u wont start using during the first mth cuz baby head is v soft and not suitable to use yet...

belz

Prince
1. Sherlee / Gleneagles (Dr. Lee Keen Whye) / end Apr
2. Autumnfall / Mount Alvernia Hospital (Dr Kang Wee) / Apr 11
3. Wenwen11 / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 13
4. Cheshire/ Mount Elizabeth (Dr Kowa Nam Sing)/ Apr 16
5. lyngoh1010 / Thomson Medical (Dr M. tan) / Apr 4
6. belz/ Gleneagle (Dr Irene Chua) / Apr 13

Princess

1. Yasumi / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr Adrian Woodworth) / Apr 2
2. Pigletbao / Gleneagles (Dr Quek Swee Peng) / Apr 5
3. mapleleaves80 / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr E Chua) / Apr 8

TBA
Alag / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 19

updated as realised some names are gone.. :)[/QUOTE]

alag

Actually I have a stupid question to ask, is it a must to get a diaper bag? How do they differ from regular bags? I thought of saving money and just using one of my normal bags and dump the stuff I need inside..

Can someone advise?

Guys, I don't mind starting the fb group but need you guys on fb too. Pm your fb name or email and I will add you to the group when I create it this weekend! :)

SherLee

Actually I have a stupid question to ask, is it a must to get a diaper bag? How do they differ from regular bags? I thought of saving money and just using one of my normal bags and dump the stuff I need inside..

Can someone advise?

Guys, I don't mind starting the fb group but need you guys on fb too. Pm your fb name or email and I will add you to the group when I create it this weekend! :)
Alag, I think it's fine if u jus wan to use a regular bag as a diaper bag. It's all bout personal preference n how u wan to organize ur stuff. But I tink u might wan to find a bag which is convenient to carry as it can get pretty heavy I tink.

N thanks 4 starting the FB group. Can pls add me sherrine_hong@hotmail.com

Can add me at autumnfall07@gmail.com? Hee thanks!

Actually I oso plan to bring a small bag cuz v troublesome to bring so many things and our bag will be so bulky... jus pack everything in small disposable bags and bring jus what u need...

alag

Ok, maybe I will look for a simple diaper bag if it has various compartments. :)

Ok, thanks guys! I'd add you once I start the fb group this weekend! If I miss out anyone, let me know!

Yasumi

Thanks Sherlee, Manduca looks good!! I like baby bjorn cos baby can face front in it and easy to remove without waking baby up. But Manduca being more lightweight and can carry baby up to about 20kg really tempting too! Will get hubby to make a choice between Manduca vs Baby bjorn.You have any idea roughly how much is the Manduca one if getting from the spree?

Autumnfall, i will be using a spacious hand carry luggage as a hospital bag. A bit kiasu hehe.
I'm bringing my own baby clothes instead of using the hospital's. My hospital will be giving baby diaper bag, baby clothes, swaddling blanket etc. Then my mum say they will definitely give extra diapers, baby wipes, milk powder etc and all these are chargeable so better bring home too. I think can get quite bulky.. So i bring big bag & chug all in one then hubby don't need to carry too many things....

About hospital wear i believe hospital have... just that theirs not convenient for breast feeding. So they encourage us to bring our own nursing wear/ button-down PJ. My mum tell me its only 2-3 days, just wear theirs... i haven't decided though. I personally feel wear own PJ at hospital look weird.. Maybe bring one set and see how.

Alag, my hubby feels not necessary to spend money on a diaper bag too, and that i should just use any of my bigger handbags as one. But maybe i first-time mummy, then excited to use a brand new one for my baby. And the good thing about diaper bag is that they have LOTS of compartments. From what I see, some bags come with changing mat & thermos flask pouch too. I am a very blur & forgetful person, some more first time mummy, so I see a diaper bag as very crucial, can help me keep my baby stuff organized & within easy reach.

If you going to use a regular bag, can consider getting baby diaper bag organizer? I saw some online when searching for diaper bag. :)

And can you add me in the FB group too? my email add is angel_kb87@hotmail.com. Many many thanks!! :) :)

SherLee

Yasumi so far this is the cheapest I found

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/7926632.html?1362108340

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:47 am: [/FONT]
[HR][/HR]My Prices:
Manduca New Style - S$165 nett
Manduca Black Line - S$175 nett
Manduca Limited Edition - S$195 nett

Available stocks at the moment:-
Newstyle Black, Brown, Red, Olive, Navy
Blackline Blue, Green & Red
Limited Edition Paradise Jungle, Silver Lily

Ready Stocks - why wait? You will receive your order within 1 week of payment. No need to collate orders or fear spree cancellations or delay/ loss of shipments. Single piece order entertained. This is limited to carriers only, no accessories.

*Price is inclusive of local registered mail. A tracking number will be sent to you.

For more information on the carriers and colors, you can refer to www.manducababycarrier.com.sg

PAYMENT MODE
* Bank transfer to POSB Savings Account 110-24730-3
* Please make sure you put your name/ nickname during bank transfer to identify yourself.
* Please understand bank transfers from other banks will take 3 days to clear and I can only mail out when I receive the payment.

Terms and Conditions:
* Ready stocks. Please confirm if color/ design is available.
* All carriers will be shipped wrapped and with original instructions manual without boxes, so that we can give you the best price.
* Strictly local registered mail only - it takes about 3 or 4 week days to reach you. No courier or meet-up.
* I will not be responsible for damage during mailing in any circumstances, but will take special care when sending out your orders.
* No warranty as these are shipped from Germany.
* Please order only if you are comfortable with my terms & conditions.

If interested, email me at moonflowerbaby11@gmail.com the following after payment has been made.

1. Name/Nickname
2. Payment Date
3. Amount transferred
4. Your Bank (e.g. POSB, OCBC etc.)
5. Transaction reference
6. Mobile number
7. Mailing Address
8. Item ordered

Once receive payment, will send out item according to my terms.
[/FONT]

Hey mummies have u ever heard of sacred tea to boost milk supply and fenugreek supplements? Heard they boost milk supplY, I want to take it immediately after birth, not sure if it helps...