EDD April 2013..cont

hey autumnfall, dont need be so gan cheong to take fenugreek.. once u deliver and baby feed on your breast milk more, the supply will come when there is demand and of course your diet, drinking fish and papaya soup will help boost supply. fenugreek and the tea is only when your baby don't feed then u have to trick your body to produce more milk. best way is still to get baby to feed more on u and u will naturally produce more milk.

alag

fb group

Guys, I added you to my fb account first so when the group is created over the weekend, I let you know! :)

Yasumi

Thanks Alag! Btw, I've a question to ask. Are you planning to follow the confinement tradition strictly? Your hubby okay with you bathing with herbs, not washing hair , not touching water etc for a month?

alag

Actually he finds it hard to believe in our Chinese confinement... Only because the westerners don't have a problem and they don't even do it, but my husband thinks ultimately, it is up to me ;)

I won't follow it strictly.. I plan on going out too. The no shower thing I probably will do for like 3 days! Haha. You?

Actually my friends told me that can bath but need to bath with boiled water. They told me to boil water overnight and wait for it to cool down before using it for bathing, otherwise will suffer from aches especially if u have had epi...

Dont knw how true but im jus gonna follow... will probably bath 3 days after labor and as for my hair, I will wash it after 7 days... I think jus tie it up, wont be too dirty right? Maybe will cut abit shorter and go to salon to wash it before I check into the hosp for labor...

Not sure if I can take it, but I bought all the necesary bathing herbs aldy... will need to use them for bathing...

sVal

Prince
1. Sherlee / Gleneagles (Dr. Lee Keen Whye) / end Apr
2. Autumnfall / Mount Alvernia Hospital (Dr Kang Wee) / Apr 11
3. Wenwen11 / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 13
4. Cheshire/ Mount Elizabeth (Dr Kowa Nam Sing)/ Apr 16
5. lyngoh1010 / Thomson Medical (Dr M. tan) / Apr 4
6. belz/ Gleneagle (Dr Irene Chua) / Apr 13

Princess
1. Yasumi / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr Adrian Woodworth) / Apr 2
2. Pigletbao / Gleneagles (Dr Quek Swee Peng) / Apr 5
3. mapleleaves80 / Thomson Medical Centre (Dr E Chua) / Apr 8
4. sVal / Mt Elizabeth (Dr Kelly Loi) / 23 Apr

TBA
Alag / Kandang Kerbau Hospital (Dr Goh Shen Li) / Apr 19

Aprilaries

wow.. the thread is moving fast now. it has been so long since i last came in.. been very busy with work and no#1. somemore my no#1 keep falling sick after entering childcare in Jan. This week was quite bad as he din take any solids for the past 3-4 days.. sad.. hope he recover soon..

i am in my week 34 but have not done any single preparation for the coming no#2...

pls add in my details and into facebook. thanks!

Prince. Aprilaries / TMC (Dr. LN Sim / 11 Apr

hz_seah@hotmail.com

Thanks mummies!

let's countdown together to the last few weeks!

Yasumi

Alag, Same here ! My husband doesn't believe that avoiding water for 1 mth after childbirth can help to prevent rheumatism. He feel unhygienic but also leave the final decision to me.

I was thinking of doing 20 days instead of 30. Thereafter touch water/shower/wash hair as per normal. Because cant wait to bathe baby & change her diapers myself ASAP!! Hehe.

Autumn fall, CC auntie told me to soak the herbs in a bucket of freshly boiled water with some warm tap water. :S jialat.. how come different ?
So it is better to use all boiled water and must be cooled ones to prevent aches ?

You very super!! 3 days no bath n 7 days no shampoo ? You not planning to use dry shampoo for that 7 days too?
I'm thinking of using dry shampoo daily (alternate if I can) then rinse lightly with the herbal bath water occasionally... Or is it use dry shampoo also not good for us ? Recently weather so so hot!! I scared my hair become oily fast..

And all mummies not intending to shower at the hospital after birth ? I just bought toiletries for myself to include in my hospital bag. In case during delivery sweat too much and also dirty from all the blood then can take a quick hot one. Or is it better no shower at all ? How you all planning to wash your face and teeth at the hospital ?

Yasumi

And mummies ,during confinement are you all intending to bathe every day or alternate days ?

I'm thinking of bathing once every day with herbs.. maybe even 2 times a day.. Is it too much n risky ?

Aprilaries, welcome back! Hope your #1 recovers soon !!! :)

alag

Ok, I have added everyone to my own fb account already so it should be easy to invite you to the group! :)

Yasumi, yeah even my mom doesn't believe in it. It's just that in olden days, there was no heater = only cold or cool water to shower with which is no good...
But nowadays, I think it's a miracle to do the full confinement period! My girls at work told me never to use the dry shampoo because it makes the hair a lot worst..

Yasumi

Your mum is so modern !!! Initially my mum tell me strictly no water at all for 30 days. Not even with the confinement herbs! Madness!! She keep emphasizing on the importance of confinement. She has aches all over frequently now and feel its a result of her not doing a proper one last time. So I just try to follow as much as I can ba...

I bought dry shampoo already. :(
Worse as in make hair more itchy/oily is it?

alag

Yeah, I am quite lucky my mom is not imposing things I don't really want to do. Only thing she wants me to try is to take herbs after birth.. So I'd do that cause I like herbal soups! :)

Three of them said with the second kid, they used the dry shampoo and it made their hair dry and had dandruff, when it was their first kid, they didn't use it and it was fine. So for subsequent births, they didn't bother with the dry shampoo and they said the hair had no problem too. So I think I won't buy it. I will try to wash my hair when I leave the hospital already... So no issues for me! :)

Actually shld wash and only touch with water that has been boiled... and of cuz dont bath with 100 degrees boiling water lol leave it to cool for a night before bathing...

I will only bath on the third day with herbs la, then as for hair, I think jus tie it up so it is not as dirty and oily... lol one week shld be ok la...

Jus finished washing all the baby clothes and I find that comfort smells better than tollyjoy, plan to get comfort after I used up tollyjoy... have also prepared baby crib, jus havent place bedsheets yet.. think im done with all the preparations aldy... so excited... also packing hospital bag now... more or less all done up!!!! Hehehe so kiasu right. ..

mapleleaves80

Hi alag, i hv pm u my email, pls kindly add me to the group too. Thx

I have also bought dry shampoo but hvnt try it yet.. Hope i wont be allergic to it.. my cousins and auntie have been telling me not to bathe throughout the confinement period and no aircon and no fan..i seriously dunno hw i can survive but i guess i will also try not to bathe for at least 3 days and then bathe on alternate days after that.. See hw the weather will be.. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well..