EDD April 2013..cont

Jouline

Hi chummymummy, don't worry. You still have 3 more weeks to due ah... Last few weeks your intake is very important as its the time baby take in more and also grow and gain weight very fast. I believe your gynae will have to respect your decision if you let him know you would like to continue waiting and did not want to induce your baby yet. :)

I think u should trust your gynae and their profession. There should be a reason for ur gynae to want to induce your baby.

Hi Mummies, anyone here having small babies? I'm pretty worried as i'm in my 37th week but my baby is just 2kg. Not sure what to do. Gynae kept wanting to induce me to deliver the baby but i do not want baby to go to NICU and would like to drag longer to ensure that baby's lungs mature. Any similar experience to share or any advise?

LyDeeAna

I just gave birth at 37wks 3days... my baby was born at 2.432kg... everything was normal... i gave birth on 4.4.13...

Follow your feeling. Ultrasound scan is only an estimation. hey, 40% accuracy. Many wrong judgement done because of too much scanning. Unless a true medical reason, labor will begin when baby is ready. I am a training doula, if you need help, just pm me at 98637867.

Hi Mummies, anyone here having small babies? I'm pretty worried as i'm in my 37th week but my baby is just 2kg. Not sure what to do. Gynae kept wanting to induce me to deliver the baby but i do not want baby to go to NICU and would like to drag longer to ensure that baby's lungs mature. Any similar experience to share or any advise?
Induction has 50% risk of cesarean section. I had induction for my first too because baby was too small and the doctor said, no point to keep there as baby grow faster outside of the womb. While baby's lung is still not mature to grow outside of the womb, that's why labor did not happen. 55% of the doctor in US admitted that they lie to their patients just to get them comply. Hope your dr. is not one of them. Do your research on the risk and benefits because you decide. Buy time. Good luck!

chummymummy

Delivered today. Wanted to induce this mornin at 8am as baby is below 5th percentile. but water bag broke at 2am. Admitted at 230am n baby delivered at 620am. Succumb to epidural at 5pm when 4cm dilated. Baby is 2kg but i thank god for everything. Jiayou all mummies

Delivered today. Wanted to induce this mornin at 8am as baby is below 5th percentile. but water bag broke at 2am. Admitted at 230am n baby delivered at 620am. Succumb to epidural at 5pm when 4cm dilated. Baby is 2kg but i thank god for everything. Jiayou all mummies
Congratulations! You are a blessed person, baby preferred see the world sooner. Just went to visit a mom who gave birth at home and now at KKH. You gave birth to your baby not the baby being delivered to you isn't it? Rest well and enjoy motherhood.

srocks911

Hi Mummies-to-be!

Are you looking to enroll for cordlife banking for your child? It is the best gift you can give yourself and your baby!

If you are interested please email me on sonal.agarwalin@gmail.com. I can refer you to them and you will receive vouchers of SGD 150. I would need the following details from you -

first name
contact number
email
estimated due date

cheers
Sonal

ibisco

Hey Jouline! Lack of sleep right now! As im typing this i'm pumping milk... It has been 3 weeks and i'm still getting only 2oz per pump per 2.5hrs :(

chummymummy

Hi Ibisco,

don't you have confinement lady to help you? It is good to have more rest during the first month. I'm getting about 5 oz on both sides of the breasts every 2.5-3hours. Try to drink more fluid and continue to presevere to pump regularly.

Hey Jouline! Lack of sleep right now! As im typing this i'm pumping milk... It has been 3 weeks and i'm still getting only 2oz per pump per 2.5hrs :(
Hi ibisco, lack of stimulation may contribute to less milk. Get your baby to latch on at this stage instead of pumping. sometime pumping can squeeze out as much. Rest well.

ibisco

Wow chummymummy im so envious of ur flowrate! Do you eat any supplements? My mum and helper helping me with confinement, so i didnt employ any CL... My mum's a little blur with what to do tho :(

XiangXiangmama, my bb is already used to the flow of bottle and is impatient with my boobs now when i latch him on :( My wish is just to have enuff milk so that i don't have to supplement with formula...

chummymummy

Hi ibisco,

I didnt take any supplements but i took alot of soup. 2 big bowls daily and they say papaya soup helps alot. Stress level plays a part so u cannot be too stress. Hot bath stimulates my milk flow and it kept dripping non-stop after a hot bath. For my friend who pumped exclusively, she gets alot of flow too - you need to pump regularly every 2.5-3hours for 30mins to empty the boobs. So that new supply will come in.

ibisco

Thanks for the advice :) What happened last night was very scary for me. Pumped halfway and suddenly the milk turned light pink, realised i was bleeding. Stopped pump and concluded its coming from inside coz no surface wounds. Had to throw the 1.5oz away :( Luckily no more bleeding after that. Haiz...