Edd, Feb 2011.

Jheyyy

I just went to see my gynae today & scanned for fetal weight.
My girl is 3.6kg & I'm 37 weeks along ! /faints
My gynae don't reccomend me going for natural birth as planned cos she's worried that the baby will be too big by my EDD (15th Feb). She asked if I want to induce or go for c-sec & I chose c-sec, which will be on 9th Feb.
She wanted me to do it this Friday actually, but both my hubby & I not really prepared yet.
Now I'm like 1 week nearer to D-day. So scary ~!
On the other hand, knowing that my girl is so big now, I'm worried I might go into labour anytime soon :(

not a good day for me :( i went to see gynae today, baby's heartbeat scan results not so good according to my gynae, he said baby could be sleeping which could explain the slow heartbeat, also baby's wt also reduce by 200g, then again he said this is just an estimate so to be on the safe side, he wants to see me again on Thur.

My baby's head is already engaged! He also said my placenta is matured so can deliver anytime. I also hope I can deliver by him before he goes on leave after CNY week.

sigh.....

Sher0220

hi mummies,

juz to share - my baby gal arrived ytd aft 13 hrs of struggle.. :p she was only at 36 wks 4 days so slightly pre term (my edd supposed to b 18 feb actually).. Contractns started ard 130am on tues morng den waterbag broke.. quickly check in hosp abt 230am n was only 1cm dilated.. n contractns was alr quite intense.. till 5am+ i cant take it alr den asked for epi.. by 7am+ nurse said i was 7cm dilated liao n expected to deliver by 8/9am+.. bt when my gynae came ard tt time, my contractns weakened n stopped dilatg.. So gynae put me on sm med to trigger contractns n expected to deliver by 12 noon.. Who knows my baby too comfortable inside refused to move dwn birth canal.. So ended up only deliver abt 3pm.. I din really noe how to push, so took longer than norm ppl resultg in her head/face abit congested.. Towards e end of pushing, my epi started nt workg so i started experiencg e labour pain.. N practically went thru stitchg pain cos by tt time epi alr nt wkg.. Nw evrythg's over n im hopg my baby is fine cos we hv to stay in hosp longer to monitor her as she is slightly pre term..

She oso so kan chiong chose to cm out n b little tiger.. i wanted rabbit de loh.. bt anyway most impt she muz b healthy..

Wow... looks like all mummies on this thread are all geared up for actions.. I am wondering when my baby will decide to make his debut.. My gynae is on leave this week so my appt will only be scheduled at 38+ weeks, hope by then he is engaged and we can welcome him after CNY. This waiting game is really exasperating...

Good luck to all mummies! We will be at the finishing line soon!

Jheyyy

My gynae just called to ask if I really want to go for c-sec.
Ytd she did check & I was a bit dilated already, but she didn't say how much.
What she suggest was that since I'm already a lil dilated then why not go for induced.
If I were to induce, she say i can proceed to the labour ward anytime soon.
But I'm so scared !! :(

Gem2505

My gynae just called to ask if I really want to go for c-sec.
Ytd she did check & I was a bit dilated already, but she didn't say how much.
What she suggest was that since I'm already a lil dilated then why not go for induced.
If I were to induce, she say i can proceed to the labour ward anytime soon.
But I'm so scared !! :(
awww.. so excited for you. for ur bb size, i think she's really big! 2X of mine. yest i went for scan, my girl is ONLY 1.8kg! im already at week 35+ now lor. omg. too small. but i think delivery will be easier for me. *hopefully*
If u wanna C sect, might as well choose a good date and do so? like, 1st day of CNY? will it be too late?

Gem2505

not a good day for me :( i went to see gynae today, baby's heartbeat scan results not so good according to my gynae, he said baby could be sleeping which could explain the slow heartbeat, also baby's wt also reduce by 200g, then again he said this is just an estimate so to be on the safe side, he wants to see me again on Thur.

My baby's head is already engaged! He also said my placenta is matured so can deliver anytime. I also hope I can deliver by him before he goes on leave after CNY week.

sigh.....
haiz. my appt yest wasnt too good too. did detailed scanning by the sono. bb grew about 100g over last 2 weeks. pathetic right. she's only 1.8kg now. haiz. i think she may not even hit the 2kg at birth lor. goodness. going to see my gynae tml to discuss further on my delivery. may want to deliver when i reach 37 weeks *which is nx week*
coz i see no point letting her stay in my tummy if she's not absorbing all the nutrients all that. might as well let her out and feed her from outside.
i even cried yesterday after knowing she's gaining so little and still so small..

Gem2505

hi mummies,

juz to share - my baby gal arrived ytd aft 13 hrs of struggle.. :p she was only at 36 wks 4 days so slightly pre term (my edd supposed to b 18 feb actually).. Contractns started ard 130am on tues morng den waterbag broke.. quickly check in hosp abt 230am n was only 1cm dilated.. n contractns was alr quite intense.. till 5am+ i cant take it alr den asked for epi.. by 7am+ nurse said i was 7cm dilated liao n expected to deliver by 8/9am+.. bt when my gynae came ard tt time, my contractns weakened n stopped dilatg.. So gynae put me on sm med to trigger contractns n expected to deliver by 12 noon.. Who knows my baby too comfortable inside refused to move dwn birth canal.. So ended up only deliver abt 3pm.. I din really noe how to push, so took longer than norm ppl resultg in her head/face abit congested.. Towards e end of pushing, my epi started nt workg so i started experiencg e labour pain.. N practically went thru stitchg pain cos by tt time epi alr nt wkg.. Nw evrythg's over n im hopg my baby is fine cos we hv to stay in hosp longer to monitor her as she is slightly pre term..

She oso so kan chiong chose to cm out n b little tiger.. i wanted rabbit de loh.. bt anyway most impt she muz b healthy..
CONGRATES!!!!! awwwwww... so happy for u. finally all the waitings are over. now, the start of the new challenge! =)
how heavy was ur bb?

Gem2505

Wow... looks like all mummies on this thread are all geared up for actions.. I am wondering when my baby will decide to make his debut.. My gynae is on leave this week so my appt will only be scheduled at 38+ weeks, hope by then he is engaged and we can welcome him after CNY. This waiting game is really exasperating...

Good luck to all mummies! We will be at the finishing line soon!
yea. u wanna wait for surprise eh. i dont dare to wait. ha. i chose a date to induce instead. hehe! in less than a month to go for us ;)
stuff with lotsa CNY goodies first!!

yea. u wanna wait for surprise eh. i dont dare to wait. ha. i chose a date to induce instead. hehe! in less than a month to go for us ;)
stuff with lotsa CNY goodies first!!
Oh yes.. hope it will be pleasant surprise after CNY and not this week.. Have been feeling very uncomfortable these days..tummy is tightening up and my pelvis area is feeling lots of pressure.. wonder if that's a sign that baby is engaged..baby is also moving less often now, probably not much space left and his movement is so defined and with such strength that it hurts occasionally. Honestly, I don't really know if I can tell between real contractions and false ones.. perhaps, the best indicator is hope for my water bag to break in order to know that I am truly in labour.. haha..

sigh.....
Wow! Congrats.. you are almost there, rabbymummy.. the feelings of this waiting game is very mixed right... don't worry so much now, must be relaxed so that delivery can be a smooth one.. I hope my gynae can give me more info about my status when I see him next Monday!

LadySerene

Hello all Mummies !!!!

Just wanna share the joy of the arrival of my little prince on the 18th Jan... My edd was suppose to be on the 21st feb and I'm actually at risk for premature labour... I was on medication since 19 weeks and on my last checkup on the 17th Jan gynae had asked to stop the medication...

Who knows on early morning of 18th Jan I started to have contractions... Was initially thinking that might be because I stopped the medication n that was BH contractions... At about 11am plus the contractions were getting more intense... Called Hubby and rushed down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital... Was checked and told 2cm dilated... Had to admit for monitoring to see if any further dilation... At about 7pm plus contractions got more frequent n pain n was pushed to labour ward... Checked again 3cm dilated... Gynae came n advise to go ahead with labour with the help of medication aka induction... Contractions were getting so unbearable but still stubborn me refuse epidural...

Finally with the help of laughing gas n uncontrollable shouting there came my 3rd prince little Ellerd....
Due to prematurity at 35 weeks he had to be sent to NICU to monitor breathing... Now he is still in special care learning to suckle well from bottle before he is allowed home... Hopefully he can be home before cny !!!!!!

Oh yes.. hope it will be pleasant surprise after CNY and not this week.. Have been feeling very uncomfortable these days..tummy is tightening up and my pelvis area is feeling lots of pressure.. wonder if that's a sign that baby is engaged..baby is also moving less often now, probably not much space left and his movement is so defined and with such strength that it hurts occasionally. Honestly, I don't really know if I can tell between real contractions and false ones.. perhaps, the best indicator is hope for my water bag to break in order to know that I am truly in labour.. haha..
hi lollipop1979, i think mine is the same as u, can really feel tat baby dun hv space inside and whenever he move i will feel the pain. at nite oso difficult to sleep. today b4 lunch having bad cramp tot gg to give birth but nw ok liao ... already start my leave from today onward cos tis few day really feel so tired and somemore can feel tat my tummy start to go down n have swollen leg. hmmm ... think gg to give birth anytime le

nutela

haiz. my appt yest wasnt too good too. did detailed scanning by the sono. bb grew about 100g over last 2 weeks. pathetic right. she's only 1.8kg now. haiz. i think she may not even hit the 2kg at birth lor. goodness. going to see my gynae tml to discuss further on my delivery. may want to deliver when i reach 37 weeks *which is nx week*
coz i see no point letting her stay in my tummy if she's not absorbing all the nutrients all that. might as well let her out and feed her from outside.
i even cried yesterday after knowing she's gaining so little and still so small..
HI gem......eat more eat more...drink more milk...hehehe..think we all been tryin to tel u to eat more n eat more....guess ur baby is really not putting on wt..but look on e brighter side, mayb she will eat more n plump out when e baby is out! cheer up!
understand how u feel.... i also cried e whole nite when my baby is stil not head dwn at wk 30....cry n cry until swollen eyes.....
cheer up! look at the brighter side..mayb there a miracle for u soon!

nutela

pelvis feeling alot of pressure, does tat means u feel pain each time nd to get up frm bed or standing up? i hv alot of tat feeling lately...more painful nowadays..esp when lying dwn n each time hubby hv to pull me up frm bed if i nd to get up.....my tummy is also tightening up so much tat i feel painful if overeat...do u feel tat way too?

Gem2505

wah.. wait till waterbag burst den will be rushing like mad liao. haha. super exciting litat.. lol.

Gem2505

HI gem......eat more eat more...drink more milk...hehehe..think we all been tryin to tel u to eat more n eat more....guess ur baby is really not putting on wt..but look on e brighter side, mayb she will eat more n plump out when e baby is out! cheer up!
understand how u feel.... i also cried e whole nite when my baby is stil not head dwn at wk 30....cry n cry until swollen eyes.....
cheer up! look at the brighter side..mayb there a miracle for u soon!
i ate so much also no use. i drink full cream milk.. chocolates all that.. durians.. somemore now, cny goodies. no diff leh. i gained alot, but not her. think my delivery will be easy then. but at least she's healthy. just that she's small n lighter in weight. the only thing i scared is she have to stay in the hospital while i discharge coz she's small all that..

Dragon76

Hello all Mummies !!!!

Just wanna share the joy of the arrival of my little prince on the 18th Jan... My edd was suppose to be on the 21st feb and I'm actually at risk for premature labour... I was on medication since 19 weeks and on my last checkup on the 17th Jan gynae had asked to stop the medication...

Who knows on early morning of 18th Jan I started to have contractions... Was initially thinking that might be because I stopped the medication n that was BH contractions... At about 11am plus the contractions were getting more intense... Called Hubby and rushed down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital... Was checked and told 2cm dilated... Had to admit for monitoring to see if any further dilation... At about 7pm plus contractions got more frequent n pain n was pushed to labour ward... Checked again 3cm dilated... Gynae came n advise to go ahead with labour with the help of medication aka induction... Contractions were getting so unbearable but still stubborn me refuse epidural...

Finally with the help of laughing gas n uncontrollable shouting there came my 3rd prince little Ellerd....
Due to prematurity at 35 weeks he had to be sent to NICU to monitor breathing... Now he is still in special care learning to suckle well from bottle before he is allowed home... Hopefully he can be home before cny !!!!!!
Hi All Mummies,

Me too, my little princess was born yesterday at 5.27am, 12days earlier then EDD. Tomorrow we will be able to discharge and go home liao :) Wish all of you safe delivery and those already delivered, enjoy ur confinment period and ur bonding with ur newborn :) Last but not least, Happy Lunar New Year To ALL OF YOU . Huat Ah!!!

hi lollipop1979, i think mine is the same as u, can really feel tat baby dun hv space inside and whenever he move i will feel the pain. at nite oso difficult to sleep. today b4 lunch having bad cramp tot gg to give birth but nw ok liao ... already start my leave from today onward cos tis few day really feel so tired and somemore can feel tat my tummy start to go down n have swollen leg. hmmm ... think gg to give birth anytime le
Hi Joanna, I have problems sleeping in the past weeks due to bad heartburn but my gynae gave me some medication to relieve that and I am now sleeping better in the night.. the only difficulty is getting to sleep.. the tossing and turning is quite a challenge. I have slight cramps here and there.. it comes and goes and sometimes lingers.. but when I stand up and walk around.. it goes off.. So good, can start your leave and rest.. I am still working till the end of this week and hopefully, I can tolerate it till then...

Hi Joanna, I have problems sleeping in the past weeks due to bad heartburn but my gynae gave me some medication to relieve that and I am now sleeping better in the night.. the only difficulty is getting to sleep.. the tossing and turning is quite a challenge. I have slight cramps here and there.. it comes and goes and sometimes lingers.. but when I stand up and walk around.. it goes off.. So good, can start your leave and rest.. I am still working till the end of this week and hopefully, I can tolerate it till then...
Hi Lollipop1979, actually i plan to work till 31/1/2011, but cos tis few day really start to get more n more tired so decide to start early lor ... btw i work at jurong but stay at bedok, travelling time really veri tired and somemore need to walk a distance to hv my lunch ...