Edd, Feb 2011.

I'm back home.. But today bb jaundice level went up. So she can't discharge tgt. Sad!
Hopefully she can discharge tml...
Don't worry Gem, how high is the bilirubin level? My baby's bilirubin was also high, about 11.7 (I think >10 cannot be discharged), so I decided to stay in the hospital with her so that I can breastfeed her. Hopefully tmr your bb's bilirubin will go down, then she can be discharged :)

Sher0220

I'm back home.. But today baby jaundice level went up. So she can't discharge together. Sad!
Hopefully she can discharge tml...
congrats gem!! good to hear tt u r recovering well..

as or baby.. i understd hw u feel.. my baby didnt discharged with me too as her SB lvl was 12.2.. smhw i cried alot althou i noe jaundice isnt anythg very serious.. she only came hm 2 days aft i discharged.. however, few days ltr when i brought her back to check up, her SB lvl shot up to 14.8 and hv to re-admit agn.. :(
i kept runnin in/out hosp to visit her + pass breastmilk and ended up damaging on my own health..

better to make sure your baby's SB lvl really low b4 bringing hm.. try to avoid dom and less ginger i u r breastfeedg.. take care!

Oh man! It's going to be my turn tomorrow. Gynae plan to induce as baby has gone alittle too big at 3.6kg.. he is going to be on scheduled on 9 Feb.. hope everything will go smoothly..

Gem2505

Thanks all for the concern. Baby is back home today! =)
Tml gotta bring her to the polyclinic for jaundice test and also make appts for her injections.
Last night when I'm home, keep tearing coz bb can't discharge tgt although I know she's in good hand and knowing jaundice isn't really serious.
But separating us is terrible. Today, really got a hard time changing her nappy. She pee and poo quite often. Haha! But I'm happy doing all these work. Lol!

Congrats to all mummies that just delivered! =) we are a group of very fortunate people around as it's CNY season, double happiness and joy!
May all mums gain our health back and speedy recovery. May all babies 快高长大,健健康康!

nutela

Tml gotta bring her to the polyclinic for jaundice test and also make appts for her injections.
Last night when I'm home, keep tearing coz bb can't discharge tgt although I know she's in good hand and knowing jaundice isn't really serious.
But separating us is terrible. Today, really got a hard time changing her nappy. She pee and poo quite often. Haha! But I'm happy doing all these work. Lol!

Congrats to all mummies that just delivered! =) we are a group of very fortunate people around as it's CNY season, double happiness and joy!
May all mums gain our health back and speedy recovery. May all babies 快高长大,健健康康!
Hi Gem,

Congrats on your arrival of your baby....so happy for u!
I waiting for my baby to popped out soon....so happy for all the mummies here...so many gd news n tears of joy!
hehehe....
happy new year to all!

Hello, just given birth yesterday afternoon. Baby is 3.3kg and 50cm long...
Thanks for the kind wishes... So yours is on 9 Feb huh?
I maybe discharged on that day tho...
Congrats Madako, hope you are feeling well. Wah, your baby is pretty long and wt is just nice :)

Have a speedy recovery and look forward to hear from you

It's a good sign that she pee and poo, especially pee so that the bilirubin can be removed from the body. Try to get much rest as you can and get people to help out with the baby while you are recovering from your c-sect.
Luckily I have a CL and a very supportive husband to help me even though they also scold me (esp hubby) cos i always 'run' around doing this and that. :)

Madako

Oh man! It's going to be my turn tomorrow. Gynae plan to induce as baby has gone alittle too big at 3.6kg.. he is going to be on scheduled on 9 Feb.. hope everything will go smoothly..
Hi Lollipop, wish you a smooth and good delivery...
Me discharging today.... But waiting for baby report. He is found with a bit jaundice this morning...
Sigh....

Hi Lollipop, wish you a smooth and good delivery...
Me discharging today.... But waiting for baby report. He is found with a bit jaundice this morning...
Sigh....
Morning Madako,

How is your baby doing? Seems like it's pretty common for newborns to have jaundice, mine too. Even though I know this is normal, i also felt very sad and cried when she couldn't be discharged and decided to stay with her for 1 day more. I heard if you keep breastfeeding him, it may help to clear his jaundice fast. Give it a try

Madako

Thanks alot. We are quite lucky.
The doc has assessed his jaundice. It was 11.2.
If anything more than 13, then we will not be able to go home together.
So we were discharged yest noon... And now at home resting...
My boy wokes up at 2am and refuse to sleep till 530am yest night....
My CL and me took turns to carry him, he refuses to be left in the cot during that time too.
Scary maan...

Morning Madako,

How is your baby doing? Seems like it's pretty common for newborns to have jaundice, mine too. Even though I know this is normal, i also felt very sad and cried when she couldn't be discharged and decided to stay with her for 1 day more. I heard if you keep breastfeeding him, it may help to clear his jaundice fast. Give it a try

Hi, i delivered my boy on 9 feb.. Very long labour and ended up fever when i m 9cm dilated. Gynae decided on emergency c-sec. My baby is a healthy 3.55kg and measures 52cm. No jaundice so far and hopefully we can be discharged tomorrow.

Hi, i delivered my boy on 9 feb.. Very long labour and ended up fever when i m 9cm dilated. Gynae decided on emergency c-sec. My baby is a healthy 3.55kg and measures 52cm. No jaundice so far and hopefully we can be discharged tomorrow.
Congrats Lollipop! you take care!

sorry, forgot to ask. for mummies who went through c-sect, do you find your menses not a lot? after 2 weeks, the amount is getting lesser and lesser. When does your menses stop completely?

Madako

Congrats! So long as the baby and you are fine, c sect or natural doesn't matter anymore huh...

Madako

sorry, forgot to ask. for mummies who went through c-sect, do you find your menses not a lot? after 2 weeks, the amount is getting lesser and lesser. When does your menses stop completely?
Yes, its like that one. Very little menses...
My first one, very little, it ended on the 7th or 8th day.
this time, mine still ongoing till now but very very minimal, wearing panty liner now...

Madako

congrats gem!! good to hear tt u r recovering well..

as or baby.. i understd hw u feel.. my baby didnt discharged with me too as her SB lvl was 12.2.. smhw i cried alot althou i noe jaundice isnt anythg very serious.. she only came hm 2 days aft i discharged.. however, few days ltr when i brought her back to check up, her SB lvl shot up to 14.8 and hv to re-admit agn.. :(
i kept runnin in/out hosp to visit her + pass breastmilk and ended up damaging on my own health..

better to make sure your baby's SB lvl really low b4 bringing hm.. try to avoid dom and less ginger i u r breastfeedg.. take care!
My baby also found with jaundice on the last day of discharge.
The SB lvl was 11, but he was discharged with me...
Last sat, I went back for the review. the SB is now 13.1, but still need to monitor.
Dun worry, give them more sun bath and if possible, stay away from bm too (if possible), more formula to keep the jaundice away.
Let them drink more and be less sleepy. Now me keeping my bm aside in fridge (trying not to feed him BM for this week)
Watch out on the eyes n tongue, they will be less yellowish as the situation improves.

I ever heard of SB as high as 200+ (from my CL, so serious that the baby has to be admitted and under close monitoring...)
Let's work hard to fight the jaundice.