Edd, Feb 2011.

Gem2505

Hi Mummies,

Is anyone of u experiencing phlegm n newborn baby??? my bb is 18 days old and i noticed that he has phlegm, especially when i feeding him.. i can hear the wheezing sound... very worrying and lost.. please share with me if you happen to hear this before., thanks u
Hi... Yea, my girl experience this too.
I've asked the doc about it. It's ok.
Coz they are still learning how to suck+swallow milk+breathing at the same time.
So it's not easy and there may be a possibility that ur bb at birth, the Doc did not suck out 100%..
A tiny 0.2mm blockage at their air way can also be disturbing to bb's breathing.
Just wait awhile more for bb air way to grow bigger and it will clear off.

Gem2505

My daughter went through the poking so many times till i've lost count :(
She'll be going back to check her level again tmr. Sigh ~
Today I went KKH again for bb check up on jaundice. The doc say don't need to draw blood ald.
She use bare eyes see bb eyes and skin. Then say her jaundice ok le.
I dunno if the blood test is necessary to proof that her jaundice is really cleared?!!
But I can see bb jaundice did improve coz her eye ball colour did changed.
From
Abit yellowish to now, White..

Hi Help! Help! Need some help with breastfeeding.
I gave birth on 17th (yuan xiao jie). I tried total breast feeding, now Baby cries for milk all the time. When i latch her on, she only suckles for 5 or 10 mins, then falls asleep. But when i put her down on bed, she will wake up in 5 mins, cry for milk again. I am really tried, no time to rest at all! I gave her some formula feed, she took 60ml, then i went to pump, poor thing, i only got 5ml! What shall I do? Do i still latch her on? Is she getting anything milk from my breast? Or shd i just give her formula, and i pump every 3 hrs, will that increase my milk supply?

Moon kok

Hi Jheyyy,

My baby having jaundice too when she's birth. Lucky my confinement lady feed my baby red date water for 3days before shower. 3 days later, check up result her jaundice is totally clear!! All thanks to my CL :)

My daughter went through the poking so many times till i've lost count :(
She'll be going back to check her level again tmr. Sigh ~

Gem2505

I gave birth on 17th (yuan xiao jie). I tried total breast feeding, now Baby cries for milk all the time. When i latch her on, she only suckles for 5 or 10 mins, then falls asleep. But when i put her down on bed, she will wake up in 5 mins, cry for milk again. I am really tried, no time to rest at all! I gave her some formula feed, she took 60ml, then i went to pump, poor thing, i only got 5ml! What shall I do? Do i still latch her on? Is she getting anything milk from my breast? Or should i just give her formula, and i pump every 3 hours, will that increase my milk supply?
First few days the flow will be v pathetic.. I gave up bf on the 4th day..
Both breasts engorged! Super pain! So I tried to pump 2 days later. Flow did came in.
5mins can pump 30ml. But my flow just remained at 30ml. Even I try longer, still 30+ml only.
So 2 days den accumulate 60ml for 1 feed..
Now, v lazy and my girl is taking 100ml each feed now. I can't catch up. So I gave up bf ald.
Think u just have to continue pumping till the flow gets more..
Meanwhile, feed formula milk if flow not alot lo.
I think u pump out n bottle feed baby. So u can monitor the amount of intake ur bb taking..

I went to see my gynae today when I brought my girl for jaundice test.
He peeled off the waterproof bandage ald. Now I can see my stitches..
99% heal le.. I asked him about the massage. He said If can delay, then delay..
He afraid the massage strength on the stitches can be quite hard and end up,
I'm paying to make myself pain. Lol. Quite true also.
Now I press on the tummy area, still alil pain.
Well, this massage thing is a "feel good factor".. Can have, can don't have..
Think I either wait till mid or end mar or just forgo it if I feel there's no a need aft that.
I'm going bkk end apr. I can use the massage $ here for shopping + massage there!
I agree with you, getting the wound and scar to heal is more important than reducing the size of tummy through massage. Ultimately the wound if not healed properly will have a long time effect on the body.
I have informed Mdm Ida to postpone to mid Mar, then I will assess again my condition. Also, I will be alone with my baby from next wk onwards, CL leaving, so I need to work out my schedule with my baby first before the massage lady comes.

Gem2505

I agree with you, getting the wound and scar to heal is more important than reducing the size of tummy through massage. Ultimately the wound if not healed properly will have a long time effect on the body.
I have informed Mdm Ida to postpone to mid Mar, then I will assess again my condition. Also, I will be alone with my baby from next wk onwards, CL leaving, so I need to work out my schedule with my baby first before the massage lady comes.
I will have to msg mdm Ida too already..
My friend, gave birth 2 yes ago, normal delivery, didn't do massage.
Last month she go bkk, she do daily for 1 week, she say still can see the effect.
Another friend, did C sect, 6 months later then she went for 1 time de massage, can see the diff right aft the session.
So I think, do late also nvm de. Moreover, my body didn't go "out of shape" thru out my pregnancy.
Tummy also flat Liao. Only thigh area still abit 'swollen'. So, if I wear dress all that, can't see diff.
Cannot wear pants. Lol!

I gave birth on 17th (yuan xiao jie). I tried total breast feeding, now Baby cries for milk all the time. When i latch her on, she only suckles for 5 or 10 mins, then falls asleep. But when i put her down on bed, she will wake up in 5 mins, cry for milk again. I am really tried, no time to rest at all! I gave her some formula feed, she took 60ml, then i went to pump, poor thing, i only got 5ml! What shall I do? Do i still latch her on? Is she getting anything milk from my breast? Or shd i just give her formula, and i pump every 3 hrs, will that increase my milk supply?
my milk came in about 10 days after delivery, worse than you, I could not provide enough for my baby, don't be too hard on yourself, give your baby FM is possible, pump regularly, about 2 - 3 hours, drink more red date water, drink those papaya fish soup or black bean soup, etc. You need lots of fluid and don't get so stressed up. After almost a month, then my milk supply for (both breasts) in total is about 80ml. Sometimes not enough I will add in a feed of FM, but continue to pump and let your baby suckle, the more she suckle, the more your breasts will be stimulated to produce milk. Remember, to wake up at night to pump milk or let baby suckle. If you are really want to provide breastmilk for your baby, must persevere and don't give up. I nearly did with sore and bleeding nipples and insufficient ms, but now I will take things as it goes, as long as I try my best.
Jia you! you can do it!

oh, you may want to go to the breastfeeding support thread to get some useful information or advice. Or you can go Kellymom website, I came to know about this website through the mummies in this forum. It is pretty useful i would say

Jheyyy

Hi Jheyyy,

My baby having jaundice too when she's birth. Lucky my confinement lady feed my baby red date water for 3days before shower. 3 days later, check up result her jaundice is totally clear!! All thanks to my CL :)
My aunt fed her with the red dates water too !
Last week her level was 219, today it went down to 109 !
V happy for her ! :D

Moon kok

Happy for you too..:) Although my gal jaundice level not as high as your gal, but at least I dun need to so heart pain to see my gal being poke. Really all thanks to my CL:)

My aunt fed her with the red dates water too !
Last week her level was 219, today it went down to 109 !
V happy for her ! :D

nutela

envy all of u mummy for the arrival of ur baby....

my edd is 28 feb but till nw my cervix nt yet open for delivery yt.... stil hv to wait n wait lor...
gynae say will hv to do c-sect if still not open yt coz not gd for baby to stay inside too long ...but i scared of c-sect.....
sleeping is a torture n pain ....when will he pop out???

Gem2505

envy all of u mummy for the arrival of ur baby....

my edd is 28 feb but till nw my cervix nt yet open for delivery yt.... stil hv to wait n wait lor...
gynae say will hv to do c-sect if still not open yt coz not gd for baby to stay inside too long ...but i scared of c-sect.....
sleeping is a torture n pain ....when will he pop out???
No worries mummy. Dilation can be quite fast when it's time.
And, there's nothing to be scared of for c sect. I went thru it.
I'm able to walk the 2nd day and is back to normal within 1 week.
Don't have to go thru the pushing pain and contractions is the adv!
;)
Most impt bb and mummy go thru the delivery safely.
Nothing else really matters~ =) jia you!

jacole

Hello all,

anyone looking for homemade rice wine confinement period?

I have 4 bottles of home made red rice wine to let go at $12 per bottle.

each 750ml
No preservatives added
best for confinement, remove wind (qu feng), blood circulation

Pm me if interested

nighthawk

Dear Mummies

Clean Freak??We are offering cleaning service(Dust mite
cleaning) to parents who would also wanna benefit from this services.
We do not represent any vacuum cleaner company therefore we would not
hard-sell any expensive machine/ any cleaning packages
just give us a call/sms for a cleaner environment cleaning
appointment-Just that simple

Check it out at the link below
YouTube - Cleaning dust mites from a mattress

seeing how dirty a clean looking mattress is,for benefit of our health
and loved one do sms/call us for enquiry

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress: S$40
- subsequent item (can be sofa/carpet etc): S$8

There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call/SMS Alex now @ 97618563 for appointments.

For sure you will not regret to engage our serious cleaning service attitude

"let live in a clean environment!"

Jheyyy

First few days the flow will be v pathetic.. I gave up bf on the 4th day..
Both breasts engorged! Super pain! So I tried to pump 2 days later. Flow did came in.
5mins can pump 30ml. But my flow just remained at 30ml. Even I try longer, still 30+ml only.
So 2 days den accumulate 60ml for 1 feed..
Now, v lazy and my girl is taking 100ml each feed now. I can't catch up. So I gave up bf ald.
Think u just have to continue pumping till the flow gets more..
Meanwhile, feed formula milk if flow not alot lo.
I think u pump out n bottle feed baby. So u can monitor the amount of intake ur bb taking..
Your girl arrived later than mine & she's already taking 100ml ??
Mine still taking 60ml/70ml per feed. I don't know when to increase her milk intake :/
Thought of increasing to 80ml...

Gem2505

Your girl arrived later than mine & she's already taking 100ml ??
Mine still taking 60ml/70ml per feed. I don't know when to increase her milk intake :/
Thought of increasing to 80ml...
Ha. Ya. She is taking 100ml still. Doc ask me don't increase anymore.
Just see if ur bb can still take in some more anot lo. Have to do testing.
Increase 5ml each time. Maybe 1 week 10ml litat. If bb is full, will auto spit out the milk and refuse to suck somemore.
My mum say last time, she will increase 5ml whenever I can finish the milk each time. So If I stop sucking, she will stay on the amount till a few
days later then increase. Each mums got their own pattern.
My girl can finish her 100ml within 15-20mins. Doc say v gd le..

little pepo

We are proud to announce the launch of our new online boutique for baby wear, Little Pepo @ little pepo | cute apparels for babies and kids | Home

* Pepo Apparels is a homegrown fashion company that specializes in the creation of unique adult and children apparel.
* All designs are painstakingly created by us and we oversee every step of the production to make sure that what you get is the best.
* Personalisation in the form of intricate embroidery to emphasise your ownership of our apparel.
* Free Delivery to your doorstep for a limited period only.

You can also visit us at our Facebook page @ Little Pepo | Facebook (Do remember to "Like" if you feel it deserves your Like)

Jheyyy

Ha. Ya. She is taking 100ml still. Doc ask me don't increase anymore.
Just see if ur bb can still take in some more anot lo. Have to do testing.
Increase 5ml each time. Maybe 1 week 10ml litat. If bb is full, will auto spit out the milk and refuse to suck somemore.
My mum say last time, she will increase 5ml whenever I can finish the milk each time. So If I stop sucking, she will stay on the amount till a few
days later then increase. Each mums got their own pattern.
My girl can finish her 100ml within 15-20mins. Doc say v gd le..
I'm giving her 80ml now.
She still continue sucking even after she finished her 80ml.
Should I increase in this case ?
I'm feeding her FM now cos she tend to have diarrhea everytime I feed her EBM.
In the past when I feed her 60ml of EBM, she will ask for milk again in about 2 & a half hours' time.
Now in giving her 80ml of FM, she's still asking for milk in 2 & a half hours' time or sometimes even earlier.
So I guess I should try to increase right ?