Edd, Feb 2011.

nutela

Wah.. So gd.. Slp for 5hrs... My baby dun like to slp in e day, juz stay awake n make noise n cry, wan to talk n talk to him n entertain him, at nite, i bf but he always wake up every 2hrs.. Tiring.. N after feeding, dun slp automatically, nd to rock him n carry him to slp..

eowyn

I don't dare to cut my bb's nails... so now still letting him wear mittens, don't wan him to scratch himself...

Dragon76

Just want to have a quick check, Jheyy's baby is drinking 160ml, my gal is drinking 120ml every 2-3 hrly. What about the rest?
Hi All Mummies,

Mine daughter is now 2months and 20days old.
She is drinking 90ml every 3 hrs feed.
Ard 12mid nite, we gave her 120ml and she last ard 4hrs.
Am I giving too little?

Wah.. So gd.. Slp for 5hrs... My baby dun like to slp in e day, juz stay awake n make noise n cry, wan to talk n talk to him n entertain him, at nite, i bf but he always wake up every 2hrs.. Tiring.. N after feeding, dun slp automatically, nd to rock him n carry him to slp..
my gal also got problem sleeping during e day. hv to feed n then carry her till she sleep then can put her down her cot, sometimes put her down straight open her eyes n i hv to carry her again. Donno how to train her to sleep on her own. my hubby can put her on his body for an hr while she sleep which i feel is not rite. sigh, so angry. she is going to infant care soon n i really worry abt her. today she is up since10 til 6pm! slept for 3 hrs now up for milk. hopefully can sleep later.

Hi All Mummies,

Mine daughter is now 2months and 20days old.
She is drinking 90ml every 3 hrs feed.
Ard 12mid nite, we gave her 120ml and she last ard 4hrs.
Am I giving too little?
if after u give her 90ml she still show signs of hunger then u can increase to 100ml to see if she can finish all. sometimes my gal only drink 80ml instead of 120ml. sometimes 130ml, n worse after drinking 120ml n burp her, she still can drink another 30-40ml! scary!

Moon kok

At first I also dun dare to doit, even cut her finger nail. After few time, you will get use to it, and ur baby will know it also. It's kind of fun experience..:)

yes! her fingers are a bit 'sour' though. yesterday took off her mittens, she scratch her face :( i guess her nails after cutting are still pretty sharp so i put back the mittens again. Today, i will take off again, slowly longer and longer time till she is used to it. Your gal is so cute!!! I dare not clean her ears, as in use a cotton bud and dig in, but i can see dirt coming out by itself, then i remove.

Moon kok

Actually my boss keep chasing me go back to work, ask me to put my gal to infant care and he will pay for it. But I've rejected him, coz I scared my gal might get sick easily. My gal sleeping timing very on time one, she will wake up at 8am and 'nua' until 9am then I will shower for her. After that will be her playing timing, until 12pm then she will take a short nap till 1pm. Then she will keep awake till 3pm or 4pm and wake up for milk at 5pm or 6pm. Then she will continue sleep until the next morning, in between only wake up for milk at 9pm, 1am, and 5am. So is easy for me to catch my time to do my own thing.

my gal also got problem sleeping during e day. hv to feed n then carry her till she sleep then can put her down her cot, sometimes put her down straight open her eyes n i hv to carry her again. Donno how to train her to sleep on her own. my hubby can put her on his body for an hr while she sleep which i feel is not rite. sigh, so angry. she is going to infant care soon n i really worry abt her. today she is up since10 til 6pm! slept for 3 hrs now up for milk. hopefully can sleep later.

Actually my boss keep chasing me go back to work, ask me to put my gal to infant care and he will pay for it. But I've rejected him, coz I scared my gal might get sick easily. My gal sleeping timing very on time one, she will wake up at 8am and 'nua' until 9am then I will shower for her. After that will be her playing timing, until 12pm then she will take a short nap till 1pm. Then she will keep awake till 3pm or 4pm and wake up for milk at 5pm or 6pm. Then she will continue sleep until the next morning, in between only wake up for milk at 9pm, 1am, and 5am. So is easy for me to catch my time to do my own thing.
ur boss so good! still offer to pay for u to send ur gal to infant care. don't u need to return work after ur maternity leave? i extended for another mth.

ur gal is v cooperative :) good for u.

Moon kok

Ya, he treat staff very good. Will resume to work on coming Monday, but on and off will still take leave for this few weeks. Cox new maid will start work on tomorrow, current maid will going back on 20th this month. Headache..

At first I promise my boss to go back on 4th April, but got some document issue on the new maid, that's why I extended another 2 weeks. So when will you start work?

My gal will corporative is all thanks to my Confinement Lady, she really trained her well. During Mid March, I went Bangkok for 2 days, my confinement lady come back to help me without asking any salary and she stay another one more weeks to help me. When she left, I gave her an angbao, she still push it back to me. But I insist then she accept it. Even till now, she will still sms to check how's my gal and me. My mother in law even offer her to be my baby nanny, but she can't make it cox she already accepted job till end year. Haha...

ur boss so good! still offer to pay for u to send ur gal to infant care. don't u need to return work after ur maternity leave? i extended for another mth.

ur gal is v cooperative :) good for u.

Last edited:

Jheyyy

Hi all,
Alyssa is still unwell. Brought her to A&E last week & they checked on her urine & stool for infection but both results are well.
She's passing out mucus-like stool & passing motion after every feed & at times in-between feed. She's on soy formula for about 2 weeks now & still no signs of improvement. I'm v worried & am at a loss now :(
The doctor gave her an appointment this coming Tuesday. Hopefully by then she'll show signs of improvement. Her diarrhea is so bad that her bottom is tearing due to excessive cleaning & contacts with her faeces. Everytime i wash up & change her diapers for her, i feel so heart pain. Sigh :(
I feel that she's having loss of appetite as well as she had no problems finishing 170ml in the past but now everytime i give her 170ml, she'll finish about 120-150ml only. & it still last her for 4hours; at night even longer. Like last night, she finished about 150ml at 9.30pm & went to bed, only waking up at 6am asking for milk. I don't know what's wrong with her.
My aunt said Alyssa seems to be losing weight but i'm not sure as i've not weighed her since the last weighing.
Praying v hard for her to get well asap.

Jheyyy

yes! her fingers are a bit 'sour' though. yesterday took off her mittens, she scratch her face :( i guess her nails after cutting are still pretty sharp so i put back the mittens again. Today, i will take off again, slowly longer and longer time till she is used to it. Your gal is so cute!!! I dare not clean her ears, as in use a cotton bud and dig in, but i can see dirt coming out by itself, then i remove.
Go to Watson's & get those safety cotton buds for baby.
200pcs in a box selling at $2.
I use that to clean Alyssa's ears & it's v safe, no worries.
She enjoys having her ears cleaned too :)

eowyn

Hi all,
Alyssa is still unwell. Brought her to A&E last week & they checked on her urine & stool for infection but both results are well.
She's passing out mucus-like stool & passing motion after every feed & at times in-between feed. She's on soy formula for about 2 weeks now & still no signs of improvement. I'm v worried & am at a loss now :(
The doctor gave her an appointment this coming Tuesday. Hopefully by then she'll show signs of improvement. Her diarrhea is so bad that her bottom is tearing due to excessive cleaning & contacts with her faeces. Everytime i wash up & change her diapers for her, i feel so heart pain. Sigh :(
I feel that she's having loss of appetite as well as she had no problems finishing 170ml in the past but now everytime i give her 170ml, she'll finish about 120-150ml only. & it still last her for 4hours; at night even longer. Like last night, she finished about 150ml at 9.30pm & went to bed, only waking up at 6am asking for milk. I don't know what's wrong with her.
My aunt said Alyssa seems to be losing weight but i'm not sure as i've not weighed her since the last weighing.
Ohh, i'm so sorry to hear that. its very heartbreaking when small babies are sick. Hope that your doc can find out what's wrong with her and Alyssa can regain her health soon. How's her mood? If she is still active and not lethargic then perhaps don't have to worry that much.

eowyn

Did u smell the 'sour ' smell from your baby hand after u took out her mittens? Hee...very dirty also in between the fingers. Must clean for them also. My confinement lady teach me before she left. Btw, did you clean her ear also? My gal love it so much!! Everytime she will show me the face of enjoying. After I clean one side, she will automatically turn the other side for me to clean. Haha..so cute :)
May i know how u clean in between the fingers? I use a sterile wipe to clean but couldn't get all the dirt out lei. Don't really understand why my boy's hands are so dirty? Are those dirt dead skin? Or mittens' fiber?

nutela

May i know how u clean in between the fingers? I use a sterile wipe to clean but couldn't get all the dirt out lei. Don't really understand why my boy's hands are so dirty? Are those dirt dead skin? Or mittens' fiber?
I hope its mitten fibre cz my boy fingers r dirty too.. Even when i hv clean n wash him up during bath time, but at e end of e day, e fingers get dirty again..

Hi all,
sorry to hear that Alyssa is still having diarrhea, hopefully this is just a phase and she will recover soon.
take care

Jheyyy

Ohh, i'm so sorry to hear that. its very heartbreaking when small babies are sick. Hope that your doc can find out what's wrong with her and Alyssa can regain her health soon. How's her mood? If she is still active and not lethargic then perhaps don't have to worry that much.
She's been feeling v lethargic. She sleeps most of the time. When she's at home, she sleeps. Outside, she also sleeps. Sometimes when I play with her she'll cry cos she wants to sleep. I also don't know what to do. She's still passing out v watery motion. This may sound silly but I wonder if it's because I didn't calculate her 八字 & this Chinese name is not suitable for her ? I'm not being superstitious but because she's so sick & I can't seem to figure out where went wrong so I considered every factors.
Sigh, I really don't know how I can help her :(

Jheyyy

sorry to hear that Alyssa is still having diarrhea, hopefully this is just a phase and she will recover soon.
take care
I reall hope she'll recover soon too.
She has an appt tmr but I doubt it'll be of any help since her condition is not improving at all...