Edd, Feb 2011.

Moon kok

Sorry if I didn't give you better advise. I think what Gem2505 said is the better solution for your baby. Hope she can have a better sleep after you try that. :) Cheers.

If that explains why she gets startled so easily, then what explains why she's drinking so much lesser after discharge ??

Jheyyy

Hey Moon Kok, no worries. I accept all suggestions because all i want is for her to get better. Thanks a lot too !

My girl is a lot less frightened now. I only swaddle her for awhile ytd & she's better now. She don't feel scared easily anymore & can finish 90-120ml of milk per feed too ! I'm v happy & thanks for all your suggestions & advises ! :001_302:

choc monster

Thanks great news, Jheyyy!

Hey Moon Kok, no worries. I accept all suggestions because all i want is for her to get better. Thanks a lot too !

My girl is a lot less frightened now. I only swaddle her for awhile ytd & she's better now. She don't feel scared easily anymore & can finish 90-120ml of milk per feed too ! I'm v happy & thanks for all your suggestions & advises ! :001_302:

Moon kok

Glad to hear that!! Wish you girl get well as soon!! :)

Moon kok

Great!! Hope your girl get well soon :)

nutela

I oso swaddle my bb cz he likes to get startled by every little noise but when he is swaddle, he cant slp soundly cz he very hot n sweating... So nw he slp ltying on his tummy , therefore he cant get startled at all n he slp longer... Mayb u can try it too... Hope it helps.... Hug n cuddle baby more to make them feel comfort n secure...

Gem2505

Hey Jheyyy,

What Nutela suggested is also another good method, let bb slp on their tummy. i've let my girl slps on her tummy since she's 1 month old. she can slp longer in this position. from 1 feeding to another feed also no prob. but u have to monitor bb position during this period. i usually let her slp that way during the day time. bb know how to control their head position during this position. they will auto switch their head left/right de.. =) so i dont really need to carry her on arms to make her slp. hehe!

eowyn

Hey, glad to hear that! Maybe she feels insecure and swaddling is just what she needs. Really happy for u and baby alyssa!

eowyn

Hey Jheyyy,

What Nutela suggested is also another good method, let bb slp on their tummy. i've let my girl slps on her tummy since she's 1 month old. she can slp longer in this position. from 1 feeding to another feed also no prob. but u have to monitor bb position during this period. i usually let her slp that way during the day time. bb know how to control their head position during this position. they will auto switch their head left/right de.. =) so i dont really need to carry her on arms to make her slp. hehe!
If u let them sleep on tummy, they won't get startled easily, i guess. But will it be dangerous? Whenever i place my boy on his tummy, he will keep lifting his head up and start to 'crawl' (move arms and legs).

eowyn

Hi Jheyyy

Glad to know that baby Alyssa has been discharged.

I agree with Moon Kok. Perhaps you monitor your gal for awhile. I guess baby also behave like us, adults i.e. if we have been unwell for awhile, we also don't have much appetite and the initial few days bit weak and will catch more sleep?
When she poo-ed, did you check the color of the motion? I have been told that if baby has been frightened, the poo will have some greenish color. My boy had a bit of greenish stool when he was very frightened. Now slightly better after taking pearl powder..at least he managed to catch some good sleep rather than get startled every 10mins or so.

Btw, you mentioned that Alyssa will get startled for no apparent reason. While asleep or awake, she just get startled or coz she got startled when someone sneezes, closed the door abit loud?

If you are really worried, I see no harm if you go back to consult your Thai master esp if it involves praying or chanting and your gal need not consume anythg "special". That way you will have a better pce of mine. As for Chinese sinseh, maybe u monitor her condition 1st.
Just for curiousity sake, my mom also said that if bb is frightened, his poo will be green. But if that really true? Did anyone happen to ask pediatrician before?

choc monster

My boy did the same...as he can't fully support his head yet, he can't move forward though his legs can kick and propel him upwards. When he can't inch forward he will get grouchy. He can't flip yet aim to crawl...
Was told before by doc and childcare staff that babies can sleep on their tummies but should be under adult supervision to avoid SID.

If u let them sleep on tummy, they won't get startled easily, i guess. But will it be dangerous? Whenever i place my boy on his tummy, he will keep lifting his head up and start to 'crawl' (move arms and legs).

choc monster

I asked pediatrician few weeks ago on the green poo thing. She just said that there's no issue with yellow and green poo but medical attn needs to be sought if it's brown or black, or poo that comes with mucus.

Just for curiousity sake, my mom also said that if bb is frightened, his poo will be green. But if that really true? Did anyone happen to ask pediatrician before?

choc monster

Hi mummies

Just want to share. If you have yet to upgrade baby's medishield to a private medical insurance, do get it done soonest to help lock in coverage for baby. Thereafter, can consider getting accident plan/rider and whole life plans. I put endowment/savings plan last.

Moon kok

I just done that for my baby when she is one month old :)

Hi mummies

Just want to share. If you have yet to upgrade baby's medishield to a private medical insurance, do get it done soonest to help lock in coverage for baby. Thereafter, can consider getting accident plan/rider and whole life plans. I put endowment/savings plan last.

Gem2505

just have to keep a lookout when bb are on their tummy. its v normal to place them that way. there's alot of bb grew up that way.
m 2 nieces also litat. i myself also...
my girl also moves upwards like a worm moving when she's on her tummy. ha.. just make sure they dont fall off the bed..

yes, its v important to get e hospitalization plan. i got for my baby within e first mth too. my agent came to my hse when i was doing my confinement. ha!

just have to keep a lookout when baby are on their tummy. its very normal to place them that way. there's alot of baby grew up that way.
m 2 nieces also litat. i myself also...
my girl also moves upwards like a worm moving when she's on her tummy. ha.. just make sure they dont fall off the bed..
wow, ur gal can support her neck n move on her tummy! my gal still can't really lift up her head. when i do tummy time w her,she is still uncomfortable n make sounds as though "help, i don want to do". after a while she will cry then i quickly carried her up n praise her for trying.