Edd, Feb 2011.

nutela

just have to keep a lookout when bb are on their tummy. its v normal to place them that way. there's alot of bb grew up that way.
m 2 nieces also litat. i myself also...
my girl also moves upwards like a worm moving when she's on her tummy. ha.. just make sure they dont fall off the bed..
My bb neck strong since he bout 2wks old... Always mvg n liftg his own head... But my bb nvr mv up like urs.. He slides dwn... Hehe..

Jheyyy

Hi mummies,
Yes, my girl has started sleeping on her tummy cos everytime i put her down lying on her back, she'll flip over by herself & sleep on her tummy. If not, she'll grab her beanie like a bolster, flip herself a little & sleep on her side. :001_302:
She's v well now ! She doesn't throw up anymore & poo once in the morning & maybe once at night. & she's catching up with her milk intake again ! She's now drinking 140ml per feed & it lasts her for about 3-4 hours :)

Hi mummies,
Yes, my girl has started sleeping on her tummy cos everytime i put her down lying on her back, she'll flip over by herself & sleep on her tummy. If not, she'll grab her beanie like a bolster, flip herself a little & sleep on her side. :001_302:
She's v well now ! She doesn't throw up anymore & poo once in the morning & maybe once at night. & she's catching up with her milk intake again ! She's now drinking 140ml per feed & it lasts her for about 3-4 hours :)
hey tis is great news! ur gal so cute! still can grab e beanie n flip over her tummy to sleep. i guess baby goes thru phases, so now u don need to worry so much, enjoy loving her then!

check w u mommies. does ur baby develop fever or other side effects after they had their vaccination? my gal had her 2nd dose of 6 in 1, 1st dose of pneumococal n rotavirus, maybe i shld monitor her temperature.

eowyn

Life is so sucky now. i don't know how i manage to do it, but i sprained my neck and back while i was assembling my breast pump stuff. Sigh.... Can only move like a robot now, no, even worse than a rebot coz i can't turn my neck and can't bend down. Got to depend on hubby to take care of me and bb. Feel very helpless when bb is crying beside me on the bed and i can't even turn over to pat him.

eowyn

Hi mummies,
Alyssa is so cute. :) My boy can only turn to his side, doesn't know how to turn to his tummy yet.

Moon kok

Wow!! your gal so cute! so fast know how to flip over le. After see you all sharing on let baby sleep on their tummy, I tried it on my gal.. haha...she dun like it and cry out loud. =.=''

Anyway, glad to hear baby Alyssa has get well! :)

Hi mummies,

Gem2505

wow, ur gal can support her neck n move on her tummy! my gal still can't really lift up her head. when i do tummy time w her,she is still uncomfortable n make sounds as though "help, i don want to do". after a while she will cry then i quickly carried her up n praise her for trying.
yea.. her neck is kinda strong.. my girl prefers to slp on her tummy than facing upwards. she get to slp faster n easier when we place her on tummy position. when we try to turn her upwards, her eyes open big big n stare at us.. -_-" LOL! the position she loves the most is when we place her on our body n her with the tummy position. think got our breast there ah, she slps better. majiam cushion. ha. my mum,sis n i let her slp that way whenever we wanna make her slp. daddy only can look but cant help coz she dont like flat chest de. hahahaha!

nutela

So cute!!! Gem.... Yup2.. My son juz turn 2 mth.. But he too slp on his tummy cz he like to get startle alot n he wakes up frm his slp.. Slpg on his tummy makes him slp longer.. Today my bb tries to flip himself... He too fast for his own age, only 2 mths... Then when he cant flip, he gets angry n cry... Babies r so cute!!! Oohhh... Countg dwn e days to drag my feet to wrk... I wish maternity leave was longer n get to b wit bb more..

nutela

Oh yah.. Any mummies babies drink nan 1, e hypoallergic ah... Mr hubby bought coz he wan to let bb try, thinkg the mre ex milk tin is better nutrition but actually its e same.. I hv 1 open tin, onky took 5scoops to try n bb dun like.. Willing to sell @28$... Hoe there someone who willing to buy away e milk tin..

Jheyyy

Hi mummies,

My girl has started displaying kung fu - her crying-for-nothing-all-the-time stance.
She cries a lot nowadays. She's quiet when i feed her, & when i remove the teat from her mouth, she'll start crying immediately. I've already increased her milk intake to 160ml. How much are your babies drinking now ? I don't know if she's still not drinking enough, hence all the crying & all. But she was still drinking 140ml 2 days ago.
& sometimes i know she wants to sleep. So i put her on my bed & she starts crying. I picked her up, put her in her cot, she cries too. So i cuddle her & tried patting her to sleep. But it didn't work ! I've got to display a lot of my kung fu too before she decides that she's really too sleepy to fight any longer & go to sleep.
It's so so so tiring nowadays, even my hubby is going crazy too. Sometimes i feel so frustrated because i'm home alone with her most of the time & when this happens, it really gets me on my nerve.
Everyday i play the flipping game with her (flip her here & there), put her on her swing, let her sit in her walker & talk to her. But when she cries, oh my god...
Any of your babies are behaving like this too ??

sept2980

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi mummies who are keen to save some money on formula milk eg Abbott, Enfa, Nan all stages..pm me for this great lobang!!!
Guarantee singapore source with long exp dates! and latest version!
[/FONT]
Thanks

Milkmilksupply
Baby & Milk

choc monster

Hola Jheyyy

How's your gal and you doing? Hope she's easier to manage now.

Dear mummies

Just wana check if your baby had his/her 3 mth vaccination? My boy just had his "comprehensive" vaccination..2 jabs on both his thighs. Been monitoring his temperature using omron ear thermometer...his highest temperature was 36.9 degree celcius but his forehead and body felt pretty hot to me and hubby. So poor thing...he was so shag since yesterday afternoon. Eventually gave him paracetamol syrup last nite though his body temperature was less than 37.5 degree celcius (nurse said to give if reading exceeds 37.5 degree c).
Any idea if the ear thermometer works well/gives an accurate reading?

My mum-in-law didn't really share babycare tips (only baby gotta drink hot/warm milk, cut his finger nails) but my mum told me several times before to give boy take paracetamol syrup right after jab to prevent rise in body temperature and to give boy take cooling pao shen before jab. Didn't listen to mum on paracetamol thing coz of nurse's comment but pao shen thing i did. A bit regretful now.

Spoke with a colleague who's an experience mother. She said gotta use cold cloth to wipe jab area to avoid swelling / discomfort, take cooling paoshen before jab and take paracetamol syrup right after jab when home. This should prevent fever. Just wana share with u the above ..in the event that u are 1st time mummy and a "blur soting" like me.:p

I'll practice the above next month when baby is due for his 5-in-1 jab again. By the way, think the cooling pad also helps to relieve baby's discomfort....my boy smiled at me when i put on the 2nd cooling pad on his forehead this morning.:D

Jheyyy

Hola Jheyyy

How's your gal and you doing? Hope she's easier to manage now.

Dear mummies

Just wana check if your baby had his/her 3 mth vaccination? My boy just had his "comprehensive" vaccination..2 jabs on both his thighs. Been monitoring his temperature using omron ear thermometer...his highest temperature was 36.9 degree celcius but his forehead and body felt pretty hot to me and hubby. So poor thing...he was so shag since yesterday afternoon. Eventually gave him paracetamol syrup last nite though his body temperature was less than 37.5 degree celcius (nurse said to give if reading exceeds 37.5 degree c).
Any idea if the ear thermometer works well/gives an accurate reading?

My mum-in-law didn't really share babycare tips (only baby gotta drink hot/warm milk, cut his finger nails) but my mum told me several times before to give boy take paracetamol syrup right after jab to prevent rise in body temperature and to give boy take cooling pao shen before jab. Didn't listen to mum on paracetamol thing coz of nurse's comment but pao shen thing i did. A bit regretful now.

Spoke with a colleague who's an experience mother. She said gotta use cold cloth to wipe jab area to avoid swelling / discomfort, take cooling paoshen before jab and take paracetamol syrup right after jab when home. This should prevent fever. Just wana share with u the above ..in the event that u are 1st time mummy and a "blur soting" like me.:p

I'll practice the above next month when baby is due for his 5-in-1 jab again. By the way, think the cooling pad also helps to relieve baby's discomfort....my boy smiled at me when i put on the 2nd cooling pad on his forehead this morning.:D
My girl just went for her 3rd month vaccine 3 days ago.
She came home without fever, i didn't give her paracetamol.
She was just tired & slept a lot, so she only had 4 feeds that day.
What the PD told me was to use WARM cloth & dap on the jab area to prevent swelling & redness.
My aunt also told me should have given her the paracetamol syrup right after her jab to avoid having fever, but luckily my girl is okay.

choc monster

Thanks for sharing. Wonder if i heard my colleague wrongly over the phone. In that case, i'll use warm cloth instead.
Btw, how much did u pay the paediatrician for the jabs? My boy had his 2 jabs in the polyclinic and it costed $200++ ...wonder if there's substantial difference?

My girl just went for her 3rd month vaccine 3 days ago.
She came home without fever, i didn't give her paracetamol.
She was just tired & slept a lot, so she only had 4 feeds that day.
What the PD told me was to use WARM cloth & dap on the jab area to prevent swelling & redness.
My aunt also told me should have given her the paracetamol syrup right after her jab to avoid having fever, but luckily my girl is okay.

Jheyyy

Thanks for sharing. Wonder if i heard my colleague wrongly over the phone. In that case, i'll use warm cloth instead.
Btw, how much did u pay the paediatrician for the jabs? My boy had his 2 jabs in the polyclinic and it costed $200++ ...wonder if there's substantial difference?
I went to the clinic near my place.
My girl took her 1st dose of 5-in-1 & rotavirus.
I paid a total of $150.
1 dose of 5-in-1 is $70, 1 dose of rotavirus is $80.
AMK polyclinic quoted $320 for 5-in-1 jabs, & have to pay full sum on her first jab so i went to the clinic instead.

Anyway what are the jabs that your boy took ?

choc monster

My boy had 5-in-1 jab and the prevenar (pneumococcal vaccine) jab. Prevenar jab is ex..costed us $154.21 (before GST) while we only paid $81.71 (before GST). In all, the paracetamol and the 2 jabs totaled $253.10 inclusive of GST.
I wanted boy to have rotavirus vaccination that's administed orally but the nurse said some other time or they dun have it (can't recall). Vaccination was done at Sengkang Polyclinic.

Funny..i've been told that vaccinations done at polyclinic is the cheapest (which justifies the longer waiting time and appointment date/time). Now it appears that jabs in clinics also not ex.

AMK polyclinic quoted a high price...wonder if it's for 5-in-1 jab, prevenar jab and rotavirus?

I went to the clinic near my place.
My girl took her 1st dose of 5-in-1 & rotavirus.
I paid a total of $150.
1 dose of 5-in-1 is $70, 1 dose of rotavirus is $80.
AMK polyclinic quoted $320 for 5-in-1 jabs, & have to pay full sum on her first jab so i went to the clinic instead.

Anyway what are the jabs that your boy took ?

Last edited:

Jheyyy

My boy had 5-in-1 jab and the prevenar (pneumococcal vaccine) jab. Prevenar jab is ex..costed us $154.21 (before GST) while we only paid $81.71 (before GST). In all, the paracetamol and the 2 jabs totaled $253.10 inclusive of GST.
I wanted boy to have rotavirus vaccination that's administed orally but the nurse said some other time or they dun have it (can't recall). Vaccination was done at Sengkang Polyclinic.

Funny..i've been told that vaccinations done at polyclinic is the cheapest (which justifies the longer waiting time and appointment date/time). Now it appears that jabs in clinics also not ex.

AMK polyclinic quoted a high price...wonder if it's for 5-in-1 jab, prevenar jab and rotavirus?
Nope, it's 5-in-1 & rotavirus only, Prevenar jab costs $180 per dose.
The PD at the clinic told me to wait till she's 1 year old then take the Prevenar jab cos 1 year old only need 2 doses, & if wait till baby is 2 years old, he/she will only need 1 dose.