Edd, Feb 2011.

Hi Rabbymummy,
Sorry to hear you and baby were sick but at least you are better now! When my baby was sick, 3 weeks ago, he had bronchitis and also needed the nebulizer. So heart pain. He also passed his germs to me and I was sick too! I thought baby germs are supposed to be weaker :) i started him on sweet potato on Sat and by Sunday evening, he developed a rash. My doctor said it is possibly a food allergy. To sweet potato!!
Hai, I guess the challenges of motherhood are never ending, we just have to do our best and not panic :)
ur baby is allergic to sweet potato? Tats rare, did the doc said to try again to confirm? i wonder if we can do tat or wait till he is older.

Gem2505

my girl is taking alil more milk nowadays. brought her to pd to follow up. told pd that she prefer to have milo added into her milk..
pd say no prob as long as she takes in milk. she finally stated to eat alil from spoon. guess the most was like 1 tablespoon each time i try. she likes heinz de egg custard. bot her the heinz banana flavour. she ate alil. not too bad.

btw, need to ask, the porridge u all cooked for ur bb, by slow cooker? not sure what kind of texture to give her. dont need to further blend right? what about the potato u add in? steam it and cut it then blend? or just throw into the cooker and let it cook? i dont cook at all n have no idea how to prepare her food. need to buy blender or the slow cooker stove thing?

Jheyyy

Hi RabbyMummy,

Nope, no milk yet. Only colostrum so far. Still pumping though.

Sigh, my girl is sick too. Having v bad flu & cough. A lot of phlegm in her throat. Now she spread the germs to me as well. So we're both sneezing & coughing tgt.
Btw RabbyMummy, where did you bring your girl to see doctor ? I brought my girl to the polyclinic, & they actually told me to queue with the other patients. No express queue at all. My girl was feeling so irritated & they still refused to let her see first.
I got so angry i had to barge into the doctor's room & ask him to let her see first.
He didn't give her any medicines at all except panadol syrup.
He said she's still under 2 years old, not many medicines she can take.
She seems v uncomfortable but i can't seem to help her at all.
Maybe i'll bring her to the doctor that you brought Ashley to. At least they do give medicines cos Alyssa is feeling v awful cos she's too young to know how to spit out the phlegm in her throat. & her nose kept running like a tap. She's been waking up a few times in the middle of the night too, crying so bad cos her nose felt so blocked. My hubby & i are getting so little sleep but we still got to comfort her cos she's sick & she's feeling more horrible than anyone of us. :(

Mayyo

After 2 months at the infant care centre, my gal is down with fever and cough :( their centre got 2 cases of HFMD but at the childcare side, not infant care. I hope my gal doesnt get it.
sigh, poor baby, keep on coughing, went to Baby Bear clinic but it was closed till Tuesday so I gave her paracetamol syrup.
Hi, I'm new here. Saw ur note that ur baby's in infant care, wld like to gather some of ur views on infant care serv as I'm planning infant care for my baby too, thanks!

U Family

Hey there,
Just wanted to share this free iPhone app - "Family Fun", developed for parents in Singapore. It is the first-ever such app that locates the nearest family-friendly events and facilities such as: Nursing Rooms, Play Areas, Family Restaurants, Children's Toilets, Places of Interest, Family Events, Diaper Changing Areas.

Very useful for parents with young children! You can view ratings and reviews of the places by other parents and also contribute your own.

Download it at www.ufamily.sg/familyfun or visit the App Store on your iPhone and search "UFamily".

In Support of Happy Families,
UFamily Team

Hi RabbyMummy,

Nope, no milk yet. Only colostrum so far. Still pumping though.

Sigh, my girl is sick too. Having v bad flu & cough. A lot of phlegm in her throat. Now she spread the germs to me as well. So we're both sneezing & coughing tgt.
Btw RabbyMummy, where did you bring your girl to see doctor ? I brought my girl to the polyclinic, & they actually told me to queue with the other patients. No express queue at all. My girl was feeling so irritated & they still refused to let her see first.
I got so angry i had to barge into the doctor's room & ask him to let her see first.
He didn't give her any medicines at all except panadol syrup.
He said she's still under 2 years old, not many medicines she can take.
She seems v uncomfortable but i can't seem to help her at all.
Maybe i'll bring her to the doctor that you brought Ashley to. At least they do give medicines cos Alyssa is feeling v awful cos she's too young to know how to spit out the phlegm in her throat. & her nose kept running like a tap. She's been waking up a few times in the middle of the night too, crying so bad cos her nose felt so blocked. My hubby & i are getting so little sleep but we still got to comfort her cos she's sick & she's feeling more horrible than anyone of us. :(
Hey, paracetamol only lower the temperature but it does not help in treating other symptoms at all!!!!
I found Baby Bear Clinic from this forum i think recommended by other mummies staying in the north. It is located at Blk 849 Woodlands St 82.
Ashley is being prescribed cetrizidine for nasal decongestant, singular for reducing phlegm, sabutamol for cough, antibiotics for viral infection. Dr Teo is a very cautious doctor cos fever can be an indication of any illness cause by viral infection, such as UTI, he wanted to collect urine sample but we could not do so but anyway, i agree with you that babies cant cough out or blow out the phlegm so at night it is very difficult for them to sleep.
The most effective way i feel is doing the nebulizer, the medicine is directed to the nose so at least it is localised and not systemic. I am concerned about the side effects too but Dr Teo assured me it is safe. Apparently when i check with my colleagues, they said it is very common for kids to be nebulized since this is the most efficient way to clear the phlegm. Correct me if i m wrong since i m not medically trained.

When we went there, usually the nurse will take the temperature first, Ashley's fever shot up to 39.5, straightaway, the nurse after consulting Dr Teo of course, gave Ash paracetamol to lower the temp first. Then we wait for our turn. I have to warn you, waiting time can be as long as 2hrs! Especially on sat since it is half day. If you go on weekday evenings, opening hours is 6.30 - 8.30pm, go before or at 6.30pm, usually we are the first or second, the crowd comes in at 7pm. Oh one more thing, his charges are not cheap so be prepared but we find money well spent since we know our baby is in good hands.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm new here. Saw ur note that ur baby's in infant care, wld like to gather some of ur views on infant care serv as I'm planning infant care for my baby too, thanks!
Well, sending our baby to infant care is definitely not our first choice since that would be me staying at home to look after her. However, having said that, it does have pros and cons. My baby get to mix with other babies and teachers, pick up things pretty fast; see pple eat solid food also want, that's why we started her around 5.5 months. We can see that she is pretty happy there so no complaints. The only thing is she gets little sleep since there are so many babies that there will not be individual attention as to specifically put her to sleep. She will be playing by herself till she falls asleep by herself. Any loud noise could wake her up so her naps are being compromised.

The other thing would be she will be prone to sickness since they will be spreading around the bug. They share toys and you know kids being kids, love to put things into their mouth so that's how germs get transferred.

Anyway, for us, this is the best option rather than sending to nanny or MIL which we may not see eye to eye on the ways of taking care. Most important our baby must be happy and safe.

Sigh, this morning around 3am, my gal got fever again, gave her paracetamol and notice that she got phlegm, not sure if I spread to her cos yesterday I have been coughing while carrying her.

Sigh, when will this bug be out of our house????

Gem2505

just sent my girl to infant care for her first day! i was lost too coz too many things to follow and where to keep what all that. all along, i thot she dont really recognized people coz even people she see on the first time, can carry her for long.
but when she's in sch this morning, the teacher was carrying her. she started crying about 10mins later. its either she recognised the people, or the environment. the worst thing was, there's another boy keep fake crying. when she saw him cry, she followed. -_-"
i have to be hard hearted and let cry with her teacher. n i left the place. she wasnt crying very badly. stopped about 1min later. then started playing with the toys. like what rabbymummy said, the virus thing spead thru the toys! at that age, everything is into their mouth and i witnessed that. sianz. now im afraid she would get sick just by the end of today. guess i need to get some vit C for her, to put into her water/milk so that she dont get sick so often or get sick till very bad type.
pray hard now. gonna pop by during my lunch time n check her out. =)

Jheyyy

Hey, paracetamol only lower the temperature but it does not help in treating other symptoms at all!!!!
I found Baby Bear Clinic from this forum i think recommended by other mummies staying in the north. It is located at Blk 849 Woodlands St 82.
Ashley is being prescribed cetrizidine for nasal decongestant, singular for reducing phlegm, sabutamol for cough, antibiotics for viral infection. Dr Teo is a very cautious doctor cos fever can be an indication of any illness cause by viral infection, such as UTI, he wanted to collect urine sample but we could not do so but anyway, i agree with you that babies cant cough out or blow out the phlegm so at night it is very difficult for them to sleep.
The most effective way i feel is doing the nebulizer, the medicine is directed to the nose so at least it is localised and not systemic. I am concerned about the side effects too but Dr Teo assured me it is safe. Apparently when i check with my colleagues, they said it is very common for kids to be nebulized since this is the most efficient way to clear the phlegm. Correct me if i m wrong since i m not medically trained.

When we went there, usually the nurse will take the temperature first, Ashley's fever shot up to 39.5, straightaway, the nurse after consulting Dr Teo of course, gave Ash paracetamol to lower the temp first. Then we wait for our turn. I have to warn you, waiting time can be as long as 2hrs! Especially on sat since it is half day. If you go on weekday evenings, opening hours is 6.30 - 8.30pm, go before or at 6.30pm, usually we are the first or second, the crowd comes in at 7pm. Oh one more thing, his charges are not cheap so be prepared but we find money well spent since we know our baby is in good hands.

Good luck!
I brought her to OneDoctors at AMK cos she was really uncomfortable already.
The doctor told me to let her continue have the Illadin nose drop & she prescribed those orange granules sachets for her cough.
Seems like it's not helping at all cos she's still v sick.
Lucky thing is that from the start till now, she has no fever at all. So to say, it's useless even if the doctors gave her paracetamol syrup.
Aly is still having a lot of mucus in her nose & she wouldn't allow me to suck it out using the nasal pump. Whenever she sees that, she'll struggle v badly. & she has the same reaction when she sees me holding the nose drop thingy too. I think she's v afraid of things entering her nose.
As for her cough, she still has lots of phlegm in her throat. Most of the time, she cough till her face so red & eyes so teary. So heart pain to see her like this & yet i can't help her.
I myself is sick too as i caught the virus from her. So i guess we'll just continue to spread to each other & it's gonna take v long for both of us to get well :(

jgt78

Jheyy, I got the same things when Isaac was sick. I had to see my doctor again when the medication didn't work. The second time round, the doctor prescribed antibiotics and cetrizidene and nebulizer. Those helped. I guess the doctors are cautious when baby is so young. So you have to moniter and if after a few days, you think Aly is still not well, you can go again and tell the doctor the meds are not working. Isaac hated the nasal pump too!! You can try getting a saline spray either from doctor or pharmacy. It's just salt water so ok for baby, no side effects like normal nose drops. The spray will thin out the mucus and baby can sneeze it out. That helped for Isaac. We got Sterimar for babies from doctor. I also got Otrivin from Watson. Make sure it's the saline spray. I find the Otrivin saline spray more gentle than the Sterimar :p

ecym

Hi,

sorry to barge but I have some items to sell which you may be interested...

Self Collect at Simei/Upper Changi Road East

1) Fisher Price Walker-to-Wagon

Newly open in Jul 2011, used for less than 5x.
Comes with original FP box
Condition 9.5/10.
Letting go at $30

2) Preloved Baby Walker/rocker

Mint Condition, not for fussy
Yellow colour. Pooh Bear Design
Music workable. No box and no net beneath.
Letting go at $10

3) Mini Assorted bubbles

left with about 20 bottles, ordered from US
Below picture is only for illustration.
Not able to choose designs, size varies.
Great to include in party bags for young children
letting go at $0.80 each. if take all 20, will let go all of $15.
Prior arrangement to meet up in Raffles Place/Suntec area is possible for this item.

4) preloved FP Kick and Play Piano

Mint Condition. Not for Fussy
No box.
Workable Music.
letting go at SGD 10

5) Preloved FP Activity Table

Mint Condition. Not for Fussy
No box.
Workable Music.
letting go at SGD 15

If taking 2 or more items, pm me for better price.

Attachments

jgt78

ur baby is allergic to sweet potato? Tats rare, did the doc said to try again to confirm? i wonder if we can do tat or wait till he is older.
Hi RabbyMummy, hope you are feeling better. Haven't been in the forum for a while, we were worried that the rash was HFMD since Isaac's infantcare had a few cases. We monitered for a week, no fever and sores and the rash slowly disappeared after 5 days. So yes, it could really be an allergy to sweet potatoe. The doctor said not to feed again until he is 1 year old. She said I could try again if I wanted to confirm but likely that he will get an allergic reaction again. So I think I will just wait until he is 1 year old since I feel so sad when I see his rashes.

jgt78

Have a question, don't know if anyone can help.

Isaac used to have 5 milk feeds in a day, 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm, 7 pm and 11 pm. He is also eating solids at 11 am, not a lot though.

For the past week, he has suddenly decided not to drink his 11 pm feed. He used to drink about 10 mins at night. Now, he will get very angry when I try to feed him. I've tried feeding around 10 pm, 12 midnight, 2 am, 4 am ie everytime he wakes up but he refused. He also refused water. Last night, he won't even drink at all. So, it's like his last feed is 630/7 pm and then he wakes up around 6 am the next day, still won't drink until 7 am.

Is it really ok for a baby to go without milk for 12 hours? Should I just let him sleep? I'm still bf-ing so been having really bad engorgement the last week :( more importantly I'm scared he is not having enough food. He is not a very big baby...

Gem2505

Have a question, don't know if anyone can help.

Isaac used to have 5 milk feeds in a day, 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm, 7 pm and 11 pm. He is also eating solids at 11 am, not a lot though.

For the past week, he has suddenly decided not to drink his 11 pm feed. He used to drink about 10 mins at night. Now, he will get very angry when I try to feed him. I've tried feeding around 10 pm, 12 midnight, 2 am, 4 am ie everytime he wakes up but he refused. He also refused water. Last night, he won't even drink at all. So, it's like his last feed is 630/7 pm and then he wakes up around 6 am the next day, still won't drink until 7 am.

Is it really ok for a baby to go without milk for 12 hours? Should I just let him sleep? I'm still bf-ing so been having really bad engorgement the last week :( more importantly I'm scared he is not having enough food. He is not a very big baby...
our baby can both compete liao. yesterday, her last feed was at 6pm. then nx feed was this morning 7am. and she drank like 110ml only. -_-" wonder why she wont get hungry.
your boy didnt want to drink coz he wanna slp? i've checked with my PD, he said if bb teething, they wont refuse milk totally. they will only drink lesser. maybe u try stretching the timing of milk feed longer so he will get hungry and drink it? there's many reasons why bb refuse milk.
1. change of appetite ( may have to change milk powder ) , i added milo powder into milk then my girl wants to drink
2. they're just too sleepy to drink. rather slp
3. maybe timing interval too short, still v full. i think u can give him drink 3-4times milk each day. the rest of the meal, give solid food if he wants?
4. tummy got wind, not feeling well.
5. bb very pang dang? another said anything in front of him about his drinking habits all that?
MY girl is NO.1 PANG DANG champion. horrible. i get very annoyed when people start talking about her drinking habits etc in front of her. super accurate. she will stop drinking immediately and the rest of the day she wont want to drink. tested and proven.
2weeks ago, she was really bad at feeding. now, better liao. Last night, my MIL pissed me off TTM. there was a dinner session, she loudly tell everyone about bb's drinking MILO with milk etc. the moment i heard her say that, my heart started racing. super bth but cannot say anything coz all elderly and really speechless.
when reached home, i st away tell my hubby about it. true enough, last night, she refuse any milk. tried from 10pm-12mn. she didnt want to suck at all. really super pissed. told my hubby to go n tell his mum to shut herself in future.
talking about this, still v pek chek. dunno what's so proud about having milo powder adding into milk? whats there to boast?! -_-"

Jheyyy

Jheyy, I got the same things when Isaac was sick. I had to see my doctor again when the medication didn't work. The second time round, the doctor prescribed antibiotics and cetrizidene and nebulizer. Those helped. I guess the doctors are cautious when baby is so young. So you have to moniter and if after a few days, you think Aly is still not well, you can go again and tell the doctor the meds are not working. Isaac hated the nasal pump too!! You can try getting a saline spray either from doctor or pharmacy. It's just salt water so ok for baby, no side effects like normal nose drops. The spray will thin out the mucus and baby can sneeze it out. That helped for Isaac. We got Sterimar for babies from doctor. I also got Otrivin from Watson. Make sure it's the saline spray. I find the Otrivin saline spray more gentle than the Sterimar :p
Hi there, i got the saline salt water spray for my girl too. Same thing, cos it's going to enter her nose, she 'siam' super fast -.-

jgt78

Hi there, i got the saline salt water spray for my girl too. Same thing, cos it's going to enter her nose, she 'siam' super fast -.-
I know it's very sneaky but what I did was when Isaac was sleeping, I quickly shoot the spray. He would twitch abit and sneeze but then still sleeping... at least that why he could sleep well.

Hope she gets well soon.. and you too!

jgt78

Hi Gem2505
Thanks for your suggestioins. Oh dear, I can totally understand why you are pek chek. I would be too! But your baby really very smart! She can understand what's going on so well.

I checked with KKH nurse and lactation consultant. They both said that if baby is feeding well in the daytime, is active and having wet/dirty diapers then don't worry. They said it could be a effect of starting solids. They said don't force him if he doesn't want otherwise he may get a phobia of feeding. If he wants to sleep, let him sleep.

I already stretched the timing :( His interval is 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours in the daytime. If last feed is 6.30pm, surely by 1230 am, 6 hours should be hungry right. But NO! He will get upset and I just put the pacificer back and within 2 mins, he goes back to sleep. Can't change milk powder cos I am still total BF and he hates the bottle. I think for my own peace of mind, I will start giving him some solids in the evening. I will also ask family not to talk about his feeding habits.

I hope your little girl continues to feed well. It is very very very stressful when they don't eat properly!

our baby can both compete liao. yesterday, her last feed was at 6pm. then nx feed was this morning 7am. and she drank like 110ml only. -_-" wonder why she wont get hungry.
your boy didnt want to drink coz he wanna slp? i've checked with my PD, he said if bb teething, they wont refuse milk totally. they will only drink lesser. maybe u try stretching the timing of milk feed longer so he will get hungry and drink it? there's many reasons why bb refuse milk.
1. change of appetite ( may have to change milk powder ) , i added milo powder into milk then my girl wants to drink
2. they're just too sleepy to drink. rather slp
3. maybe timing interval too short, still v full. i think u can give him drink 3-4times milk each day. the rest of the meal, give solid food if he wants?
4. tummy got wind, not feeling well.
5. bb very pang dang? another said anything in front of him about his drinking habits all that?
MY girl is NO.1 PANG DANG champion. horrible. i get very annoyed when people start talking about her drinking habits etc in front of her. super accurate. she will stop drinking immediately and the rest of the day she wont want to drink. tested and proven.
2weeks ago, she was really bad at feeding. now, better liao. Last night, my MIL pissed me off TTM. there was a dinner session, she loudly tell everyone about bb's drinking MILO with milk etc. the moment i heard her say that, my heart started racing. super bth but cannot say anything coz all elderly and really speechless.
when reached home, i st away tell my hubby about it. true enough, last night, she refuse any milk. tried from 10pm-12mn. she didnt want to suck at all. really super pissed. told my hubby to go n tell his mum to shut herself in future.
talking about this, still v pek chek. dunno what's so proud about having milo powder adding into milk? whats there to boast?! -_-"

Gem2505

Hi Gem2505
Thanks for your suggestioins. Oh dear, I can totally understand why you are pek chek. I would be too! But your baby really very smart! She can understand what's going on so well.

I checked with KKH nurse and lactation consultant. They both said that if baby is feeding well in the daytime, is active and having wet/dirty diapers then don't worry. They said it could be a effect of starting solids. They said don't force him if he doesn't want otherwise he may get a phobia of feeding. If he wants to sleep, let him sleep.

I already stretched the timing :( His interval is 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours in the daytime. If last feed is 6.30pm, surely by 1230 am, 6 hours should be hungry right. But NO! He will get upset and I just put the pacificer back and within 2 mins, he goes back to sleep. Can't change milk powder cos I am still total BF and he hates the bottle. I think for my own peace of mind, I will start giving him some solids in the evening. I will also ask family not to talk about his feeding habits.

I hope your little girl continues to feed well. It is very very very stressful when they don't eat properly!
aiyo. my girl's best companion is her pacifier. she would stop just immediately when put into her mouth. -_-"
one of the worst feeding 2 weeks ago was, morning (9am) she had 140ml and all the way till night (10pm) she had another 140ml. total intake for the day is 280ml only. no solid. alil plain water intake. no matter how i force, she wont want. horrible.
dont force ur boy. if he want to slp just let him slp. if he's hungry, he will ask for it. it a phrase. hope both xiao qi baby get over this phrase soon.
my girl was already an underweight bb, now, worst. -_-" that 2 weeks of bad feeding, she lost about 400g.