Edd, Feb 2011.

Gem2505

Ya, my girl don't know when to stop one. Unless she doesn't like the food, like porridge with egg till or papaya. Then she'll refuse to eat.
My girl is drinking 200ml every feed now. But when i look after her, she only drinks after 4-5hours. But they look after her, they don't wait for her to cry for milk. They always feed her after every 3 hours. Then when I say them, they say baby cannot let them go hungry. Please lor. She cry for milk then give her is not letting her starve. They just don't get it. Then sometimes they haven't 3 hours, like 2.5 hours only give her liao. Last time worse, almost every hour feed her milk.
The other time I also caught my aunt feeding my girl porridge with century egg, minced pork & scallop. This age how can eat century egg & scallop one !
She cooked for adults to eat then cannot eat finish, go make my girl eat. Somemore I always feed my girl with baby spoon, not too big mouth for her to swallow. She used the teaspoon, feed her with super big mouthful of porridge. Until my girl can't even take everything in, she keep dropping the porridge all over, she also just continue only. Sigh.
I registered her for all the MFS infant care near my area. But up till now still no news.
The last time I asked, still got 15-20 in front of her. They say might even need to wait till next year. Maybe by then she can go childcare already.
aiyoyo.. nanny? no other relatives? ur hubby side's?

Jheyyy

aiyoyo.. nanny? no other relatives? ur hubby side's?
Let nanny look after I also worry. Cos I met nannies who abused babies also, although not my girl but still scared.
My hubby's parents passed on before we got married.
His sister also working, got own family as well.
All I hope is that Aly gets a place in the infant care soon...

Gem2505

Let nanny look after I also worry. Cos I met nannies who abused babies also, although not my girl but still scared.
My hubby's parents passed on before we got married.
His sister also working, got own family as well.
All I hope is that Aly gets a place in the infant care soon...
hmm.. nanny this kind, must see luck. if u met someone good, den ok..
i got a friend, her mum promised to do confinement and look aft bb for her, end up she change her mind aft 3days she delivered the baby. worst. then now, baby stay at relative house, she stay at her own place to do confinement on her own, her 2 elder kids all stay at different relatives house. -_-" got maid also cant do much coz maid cant look aft 3 kids. so maid went to the relative house with the baby to help out.
so, sometimes, even with mum around, doesnt mean they will do much either.

althou my mum n mil will help out, but they are somehow not obligated to help if they doesnt want to.
althou they wont say no, but i still think, rely on our own better than hoping others will help us.
thats why when my mil keep asking me to have #2, i kept saying no. till financially well, as in, i dont have to work at all and can be SAHM, then talk about #2. its not easy on working mum to have 2 kids esp when the child is v young, alot of attention needed. maybe till P1 then dont need so much attention. which means, at least 7 years dont work. dunno can survive anot.

nutela

hi jheyy,

i c aly so pitiful,....very very pitiful... she still so small, same like my baby... y dun u quit ur job n take care..(so easy for me to say hor)
but really pitiful for her, her tummy must b painful, aching, imagine gvg 200ml milk after a porridge n gvg 200ml every 2.5 - 3hrs my dear....( imagine we adults drinkin tat amt every tat hr, i think my tummy bloat like mad) sorry ah jheyy, to say negative remarks. Y dun u try other childcare, like further away, juz nd to travel more at least u noe aly is taken care properly. n when the childcare u wan gt vacancy n u transfer aly there. babies r e most smartest human beings n they r able to adapt well quickly. ( so easy for me to say hor) just sm suggestion my dear
take care ok... n try to control ur temper n anger. aly is innocent, understand u re preggie n hvg a hard time. i bet now aly very very clinging to u rite, somehow they seems to noe tat mummy is hvg another baby....

Jheyyy

hi jheyy,

i c aly so pitiful,....very very pitiful... she still so small, same like my baby... y dun u quit ur job n take care..(so easy for me to say hor)
but really pitiful for her, her tummy must b painful, aching, imagine gvg 200ml milk after a porridge n gvg 200ml every 2.5 - 3hrs my dear....( imagine we adults drinkin tat amt every tat hr, i think my tummy bloat like mad) sorry ah jheyy, to say negative remarks. Y dun u try other childcare, like further away, juz nd to travel more at least u noe aly is taken care properly. n when the childcare u wan gt vacancy n u transfer aly there. babies r e most smartest human beings n they r able to adapt well quickly. ( so easy for me to say hor) just sm suggestion my dear
take care ok... n try to control ur temper n anger. aly is innocent, understand u re preggie n hvg a hard time. i bet now aly very very clinging to u rite, somehow they seems to noe tat mummy is hvg another baby....
Hi nutela, thanks for your concern...
I've learnt to control my temper & not flare at Aly anymore cos i guess more or less I'm already used to her whiny character now.
I've thought of putting her into a further infant care, but i don't think its a good idea cos next time #2 born already v troublesome for me to go bring Aly to & back from the centre. When it rains, its worse. Esp those super heavy rains...
I cannot don't work now, cos I need to at least prepare some money for delivery. Raising 2 kids not easy. Cannot a bit a bit then don't work... I have to at least work till I deliver. By then I'll stay home look after both myself already. Sometimes do some home-based job, earn some cash...

Jheyyy

Ya, Aly seems to know I'm having another baby.
She started behaving this way about 3 days before I took the test.
At the start, I really feel so irritated. Keep scolding her, screaming at her not to be so whiny & all.
Then she super pitiful, show that kind of want to cry yet don't want to cry kind of face. Then she'll look at me with those innocent eyes & her hands fiddling with her own toys.
Seeing her like that breaks my heart. So nowadays I learnt to be more patient with her.
Got to try v hard to keep her entertained.
Usually by 9-10pm I'll be super dead beat already -.-zzz

Gem2505

At the start, I really feel so irritated. Keep scolding her, screaming at her not to be so whiny & all.
Then she super pitiful, show that kind of want to cry yet don't want to cry kind of face. Then she'll look at me with those innocent eyes & her hands fiddling with her own toys.
Seeing her like that breaks my heart. So nowadays I learnt to be more patient with her.
aiyo. i see what u typed on aly's reaction, i wanna cry man. just bear with it for a few more months.
then you can look aft your kids on ur own which is so much safer.
meanwhile, do rest as much as u can alright.

I think you have frightened her. Babies are still relatively new to this world and our human emotions. When we scream at them, they got frightened, some will cry out loud, some will be too afraid to cry. At times, I also feel like screaming at my gal but I told myself that’s not right. Step out of the room away from her, have a drink, take deep breaths before going back again. My colleague once told me her boy cried the whole day for no reason, she couldn’t take it cos she was alone with him, so what she did was she left him in the room, safe of course, then went to the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea and slowly sipped till she calm down, then went back to him again.

nutela

hi jheyy,

mayb u can try some home based wrk lah, selling stuffs online . raising a kid in spore is not easy coz very expensive ah.
i c wat u type, i like wan to cry bout how aly is treated by the aunt... very bad of them..may they rot abit...(sorry dear, but they so cruel) .
anyway, if u need anytg, dun b shy to ask ard ok. even us in e forum, i bet there will b some kind mummies willing to help. like if u nd any baby stuffs, i bet we mummies sure b glad to clear away some stuffs away for u. if u nd baby boy clothes, i hv too

Gem2505

Jheyyy, how are you? how's things? lil one doing well in there?

haiz. my girl, dunno for what reason, having some weird diarrhoea. her passing was very very very little. like, 2-3 drops only. n dunno why, she gets nappy rash becoz of this. n the rash was VERY BAD. first time encounter such rash. althou with frequent desitin purple cream, she still get this rash. she cries alot when we change diaper or bathe her. brought her to the doc yest, he gave a lotion to apply. and say let her have soy base milk for the moment to treat her stool. my mum went to buy 1 big tin of powder ( which is different brand from her usual FM ). $42 for that tin. i was alil angry coz she didnt consult me b4 hand what brand to get all that. she just anyhow buy off the shelve from shop&save ( she said all the other brand and all small tin OOS ). at the end, i paid $80 for the doc fees and that big tin of soy base powder.

now, i dunno, should i continue to give her that soy base milk powder when she recovers? should i mix with the usual FM and finish the whole tin? its like 1.5X of what i pay for my girl usual milk powder lor. can mix different brand de FM tgt and feed?

Jheyyy, how are you? how's things? lil one doing well in there?

haiz. my girl, dunno for what reason, having some weird diarrhoea. her passing was very very very little. like, 2-3 drops only. n dunno why, she gets nappy rash becoz of this. n the rash was VERY BAD. first time encounter such rash. althou with frequent desitin purple cream, she still get this rash. she cries alot when we change diaper or bathe her. brought her to the doc yest, he gave a lotion to apply. and say let her have soy base milk for the moment to treat her stool. my mum went to buy 1 big tin of powder ( which is different brand from her usual FM ). $42 for that tin. i was alil angry coz she didnt consult me b4 hand what brand to get all that. she just anyhow buy off the shelve from shop&save ( she said all the other brand and all small tin OOS ). at the end, i paid $80 for the doc fees and that big tin of soy base powder.

now, i dunno, should i continue to give her that soy base milk powder when she recovers? should i mix with the usual FM and finish the whole tin? its like 1.5X of what i pay for my girl usual milk powder lor. can mix different brand de FM tgt and feed?
Hi, could it be your gal is teething? Last one or two months ago, my gal also had this problem, not passing motion little bit but had diarrhea out of no reason and diaper rash, very bad till she cried whenever we change diaper, refused to lay still. In the end, she had her 2 lower teeth. The PD also asked us to switch to soy formula. I bought 400g tin of Isomil from Abbott (didn’t finish), just give her on its own, till her diarrhea stops completely. Do not mix with your milk powder, cos this will defeat the purpose, isn’t it. Now try to avoid cow’s milk till her diarrhea stops, then try 1 feed of her original milk powder to see if the diarrhea returns, if not, then you can switch back.

Hope this helps

Jheyyy

Hi mummies,
I'm much more cool-headed now. Don't flare up with my girl anymore. Maybe cos when I don't work, I bring her to my grandparents place more often so at least I have some time to rest.
My little one is doing fine. 9 weeks along now. Just seen gynae last Saturday.
I try to communicate with Aly more about her little sibling nowadays. Hope she will be more understanding & won't get jealous so easily. :)

Gem2505

Hi, could it be your gal is teething? Last one or two months ago, my gal also had this problem, not passing motion little bit but had diarrhea out of no reason and diaper rash, very bad till she cried whenever we change diaper, refused to lay still. In the end, she had her 2 lower teeth. The PD also asked us to switch to soy formula. I bought 400g tin of Isomil from Abbott (didn’t finish), just give her on its own, till her diarrhea stops completely. Do not mix with your milk powder, cos this will defeat the purpose, isn’t it. Now try to avoid cow’s milk till her diarrhea stops, then try 1 feed of her original milk powder to see if the diarrhea returns, if not, then you can switch back.

Hope this helps
oh. teething will have diarrhoea? then i hope its bcoz of this. till now, not a single TOOth out at all. still bo gey. haha.
u bot 400g also didnt finish. my mum bot 900g Isomil from Abbott too. worst now lor. dunno what to do with it later on coz i dont think we can really keep it for long. maybe 1 day give her 1 feed on it, then the rest of the day with her usual fm when she recovers. just finish it and get done with it. so far, her stool gets better now. soft type and more in volume.

thanks! hope to see her lil tooth out soon bah. she's 10months old this sat and no teeth at all. like abit slow..

Gem2505

Hi mummies,
I'm much more cool-headed now. Don't flare up with my girl anymore. Maybe cos when I don't work, I bring her to my grandparents place more often so at least I have some time to rest.
I try to communicate with Aly more about her little sibling nowadays. Hope she will be more understanding & won't get jealous so easily. :)
if bringing her to ur grandparents place, she enjoy it and u get to have quality rest, den do so more often. u need lotsa quality rest. great that ur lil one doing well in there. as time passes, Aly will start to understand the surroundings and know she's going to have a didi or mei mei soon.

jgt78

Hi mummies,
Yes, try to get more rest. When you're tired, it's easier to lose your temper and it's not good for you, Aly and the little one. Take care of yourself, it's not easy but you can surely do it!

Jheyyy

Aly is having diarrhea for the 6th day now.
Currently giving her isomil too.
Brought her to polyclinic, doctor said its gastric flu & its v common with babies at the age of 10mo.
Oh yes, my little girl has learnt to drink with straw now !
So amazed by her little progress :)

eowyn

Brought her to polyclinic, doctor said its gastric flu & its v common with babies at the age of 10mo.
Hope Aly will recover soon~ My boy is currently recovering from flu. Sigh... it seems to take forever for him to recover.

How u teach aly to drink with straw?

Gem2505

my girl just recovered from it after about 2 weeks. she finished the whole 900g isomil today. my bb also drink from the straw alil. ha. esp when we try it when we are outside having dinner, she drinks alil ice lemon tea. den give the "sour" face. LOL!

choc monster

Hi mummies

My boy had his 10 mth check last Friday. Currently weighed 9.1kg and is 72cm tall. Height is 50 percentile but weight is between 50-70percentile. Wonder if he is overfed coz he drinks abt 750ml milk daily with 2 bowls of porridge, 1 bowl of cereal and some fruits.

Can share how much solids are your babies taking? Overall my boy's body size is ok/average but his thighs are rather "huge".