EDD in APR 2010

Ocean

I tried ginger soup last night. And today I feel much better. Just put few pieces of gingers into water and boil it then put some brown suger. Hope it helps.

Did your gynae say anything? will our flu/fever cause any bad effect to baby? I am really worrying...

flashy

Hi Ocean, thanks :)

i got fever, runny nose and cough last week (1 day before my schedule with my gynae), so i went to GP, cause my mom and mil said its not good for the baby if we got fever during pregnancy.

i told my gp that i'm pregnant, then she gave me all the medicines which is safe for pregnant women. When i met my gynae i bring all the medicines from my GP, and my gynae said it is safe, can continue to take the medicine.

my gynae reminds me, next time got fever again, take paracetamol, then take shower.

nsync_su

I tried ginger soup last night. And today I feel much better. Just put few pieces of gingers into water and boil it then put some brown suger. Hope it helps.

Did your gynae say anything? will our flu/fever cause any bad effect to baby? I am really worrying...
Ginger dun give u wind in ur tummy? I still have terrible morning sickness so i scared if i drink it, i will fart many times and oso vomit alot. :D

fos

I also caught cold in the fifth week. I went to see a doctor and told him that I might pregnant. And he gave me some medicine, but I did't dare to eat any.
I tried several methods: Drank as much water as possiable, ate teamed orange with rock sugar inside, ate steamed chicken soup, and dipped feet in hot water to sweat. After a week I was cured.

Ginger is not very good for pregnancy.

mrsmorgan

any of u ladies havin trouble sleeping at night? im used to lying flat on my tummy when i sleep as i feel comfortable that way but now that im preg, i cant do that anymore.. last night, my legs were aching, my tummy didnt feel gd, my breasts were hurting, e extra pillows didnt help.. i just couldnt get comfortable! it was so frustrating!! n lately i find myself perspiring easily too! i cant have air-con in my bedrm cuz hubby's got some sinus prob.. n he cant hav e fan blowing directly too.. arghhh!! if i continue to hav probs sleepin i think i might just lose my mind!!

fern

doc gave me Dimenate - he says that this is usually given to pregnant ladies to reduce nausa/morning sickness but one of the effects is that it helps for sleeping. Whenever i have difficulty sleeping, i will pop half or 1 ..and will have no problem sleeping already

mrsmorgan

doc gave me Dimenate - he says that this is usually given to pregnant ladies to reduce nausa/morning sickness but one of the effects is that it helps for sleeping. Whenever i have difficulty sleeping, i will pop half or 1 ..and will have no problem sleeping already
wow! thks for sharing! i'll ask my gynae abt it.. :Dancing_wub:

temari

went Mount E to have my 2nd scan with my husband today. 8 weeks now.saw my baby head,hands,legs are already forming and it is moving about. so happy.my gynae dr douglas ong is like more excited and happier than me. the doctor is very nice and funny person, he said the baby like doing sit up now and he rewind the video and show me how it move again. doctor said it has grown 3x bigger today. i am quite shocked to hear that it has grow from 0.67cm last 2 weeks ago to 2.09cm today.:wong19:

i asked for constipation medicine today. my gynae said i just need to take folic acid and the medicine he gave me (for hormones) for the time being.

Last edited:

fos

Congratulations, Temari! That's an exciting feeling when you see your baby moving in your tommy. :tlaugh:

went Mount E to have my 2nd scan with my husband today. 8 weeks now.saw my baby head,hands,legs are already forming and it is moving about. so happy.my gynae dr douglas ong is like more excited and happier than me. the doctor is very nice and funny person, he said the baby like doing sit up now and he rewind the video and show me how it move again. doctor said it has grown 3x bigger today. i am quite shocked to hear that it has grow from 0.67cm last 2 weeks ago to 2.09cm today.:wong19:

i asked for constipation medicine today. my gynae said i just need to take folic acid and the medicine he gave me (for hormones) for the time being.

mrsmorgan

hw cme got video one?? my gynae just did normal scan for me leyy.. =(

Crystalginal

Hi all mummies,

First time mum too.
My EDD is 15th Apr 2010.

Realised I'm pregnant only weeks back. By the time I did a ultrascan on the 14th Sept, doc told me I'm 9.5weeks pregnant. I was like ... ...
Imagine I've been jumping around, went Perth, blading and badmintoning!!!

But my doc could not do a ultrasound during my visit, she said I had too much gas/wind there. Is it normal? I've been farting ocassionally... She used scope to check on my baby instead. And she did not let me hear any soundbeat.

Through my friend's introduction, I chose TPS @KKH, John Tee. Looking forward to see him Oct 7th. I looked into the website, can't manage to find any maternity pkg information.

xiaobaizhu

Hi every happy mummy to be, glad to know you.

i am a newbie and my EDD is on 22nd april 2010.

My gynae is from gleneagles, referred by my close gal friend. got many things to learn and share :)

xiao bai zhu:shyxxx:

decollette

Hi to everyone,

my first post in this forum!

My edd is on the 14th April 2010, due for the oscar and blood test in roughly 2 weeks time. Am seeing Dr Ang as well. Had a scan and everything looks good at 10 weeks :) my terrible MS seemed to be easing off slowly too.. hoping to start enjoying the pregnancy after all the vomiting.

Its nice to have the forum to share our thoughts or just anything at all..

Fadeela

Hi all mummies,

First time mum too.
My EDD is 15th Apr 2010.

Realised I'm pregnant only weeks back. By the time I did a ultrascan on the 14th Sept, doc told me I'm 9.5weeks pregnant. I was like ... ...
Imagine I've been jumping around, went Perth, blading and badmintoning!!!

But my doc could not do a ultrasound during my visit, she said I had too much gas/wind there. Is it normal? I've been farting ocassionally... She used scope to check on my baby instead. And she did not let me hear any soundbeat.

Through my friend's introduction, I chose TPS @KKH, John Tee. Looking forward to see him Oct 7th. I looked into the website, can't manage to find any maternity pkg information.
Hi Crystal...

Im a first time mummy too... but Im already in my 34 weeks
My EDD is 2 November 2009 ...
I was like you didnt know I was pregnant till ard my 9 week and I was having fun running & doing my daily exercise...

Abt the farting, it normal during yr early pregnancy but It will go away very soon... try to avoid eating too much onions... it do helps
You next scanning shd be normal ultrasound scanning no more scoping... it happens to me too...

mrsmorgan

was surprised to see my baby so active during e scan yesterday! :Dancing_tongue:
doc said everythin looks fine n baby's now 3.6cm.. hubby n i took e blood test for thallasemia.. doc asked if i was scared n i said no then hubby said, "she nt scared but im scared!" lol! then doc said, "lucky she's e one giving birth n nt u ah.." haha!!

on 15 oct ive to go for e down's syndrome scan at tmc.. feelin very nervous already.. hope everythin will be fine..

temari

went for checkup today. saw our baby jumping and moving around.my gynae rewind the video of it jumping. so cute. its like swimming around in the waterbag. it is now 3.97cm at 10 weeks 3 days. my gynae ask us want to take the not scan or blood test etc for the down syndrome test or not although mine is only 2% for my age.

I will probably just take the NT scan at next visit. next visit the nurse is going to brief us on the package, very excited. have not decided to take natural birth or c sect. next week will be my 12 weeks, pass my danger zone. no need to go every 2 weeks already.