EDD in APR 2010

engmcb75

Good luck and hi to all mummies taking the OSCAR test!

I'm just so relieved now getting the news that my OSCAR and blood tests are fine.. Went for OSCAR scan at thomson's 2 days ago. The sonographer only managed to take measurements on second try cos of baby's position. Was told to hold my bladder till the scan is successful (was tough holding it in)

Anyway, looking forward to next appt when most prob can tell the gender of baby.. :) Gosh its not easy being preggie.. all the different tests we have to take, waiting time for results..worrying about minute details etc.

But try to have positive thoughts always :)
HI decollete and all mummies due for Oscars,

I did mine last week. My this little one, he/she is so active. Kinda bully the doctor who did the scan for me. The little one just refused to let her take a good shot to measure the spinal. I have to make to drink more wait, wait another 20 min. Come in again, and still he is not facing upwards. Doctor has to ask me to empty my bladder, and come in again. Goshness, he/she is just so cheeky. Just refuse to co-operate, and bullying the doctor, and me. Till i tell my baby that you will be hungry if i need to wait another 30 minutes to fill up my full bladder again. Then suddenly, my baby is in the ready position to be taken.

can you guys imagine how smart the little ones are? They actually know what they are going through, and listen. heheh. Amazing site.

the next day, my clinic called to say my test is all normal and positive. A sign of relieve for a going to be 35 year old mummy. :D Next gynae check is on 26th October, will be able to know the gender in the next visit. My hubby and I feel that it will be a boy.... I am ok with either of the sexes. :Dancing_tongue: Take care all April Mummies

flashy

hello all april mums to be,
any1 experienced some light cramps (like very light menstrual cramp) on 12 weeks onward? is it normal? i'm a bit scared now :err:

Crystalginal

Hi all,

I took the down sydrome test last wed. Baby was naughty, only managed to see the nasal bone at the 3rd try. Baby was so cute...

First try: my baby was lying on my left pelvic bone area, facing me. Doc couldn't take a good measurement, even after coughing/sneezing/shaking the area in hope for position change. Then i walked out, sayang baby to shift the position. 2nd try: Baby was standing up, facing my vaginal. And still can't manage to take a good shot. 3rd try: Baby was lying on my right pelvic bone area, still facing me. He/she was so shy, don't wana face us!!! After some coaxing, the baby turned facing towards us. Finally! The whole scan took me few hours.

Doc (at KKH) said my down sydrome scan and various blood tests were ok, of low risks. But she said there are 2 traits(Trisomy 18 & 21) that are of moderate risks. I'm not sure what exactly she meant, since she had said that the main down sydrome test was 1 in 1,100 plus, which is low risk . She advised me to go for another scan, which is scheduled tomorrow, as a precaution. She reassured me not to worry, as it is done to reassure that everything will be fine. Well, Im not afraid, just that I don't really get what the doc meant.

Btw, I have change my gynae to adelina wong, TMC. I made the choice early this month and had seen her. And I did not regret my decision. Not that KKH doc not good, I made this choice as I'm more comfortable knowing that the nurses at TMC will take good care of me and my baby.

Mrsmogan, the down sydrome scan is what I described earlier in the thread. Doc will exert more pressure in the scan to see the baby clearly. The position of baby is important for the measurement. So, you might want to talk to baby first before the scan. I did talk to mine for few days, but failed. Haha!

Crystalginal

hello all april mums to be,
any1 experienced some light cramps (like very light menstrual cramp) on 12 weeks onward? is it normal? i'm a bit scared now :err:
Hi flashy,

I do experience similiar pains like you. Some pains were felt even before wk 12. I did ask my gynae, she said its normal as baby is exerting pressure on my walls. Ocassionally now I do feel some light pains, but for a while only.

If your pain is of a long period of time (and very very pain), please do visit your gynae. To be safe!

Crystalginal

Thank you Crystalginal. Your baby is so cute. kekeke~ I guess when we are in the week 16th or 20th, we shall be able to feel their movement. ^_^

Daphne and Temari, one of my friends just got pregnant and during her first scan, her gynea found a fibroid in her womb. Her gynae just asked her to do the scan again in few weeks when she is in her 12th week. Hopefully her fibroid will not grow up.

Anyway, we shall all take good care of ourselves so that we can take good care of our baby.
Hi Ocean,

You are so sweet. Hehe! Your baby is older than mine. My original EDD date is 15th Apr, then gynae said it is 18th Apr. Dunno if it will change again.

All mtbs, do you all feel nausae/giddy during bus rides/MRT in 2nd trimester? I'm now wk 12+, still feel it sometimes. I don't have much MS in my first trimester, only fatigue and uneasiness at times. No vomitting and able to eat most food. :err:

Crystalginal

hi, i aso have fibroids and doctor never say need to do anything.can i ask should we take out those after giving birth or can during give birth time too?
Hi Temari
My doc told me cannot do anything until after giving birth. After birth it will go smaller, than maybe you can check with your doctor again. Heard from my friend that have a fibroid more than 3 to 4 cm have to take out. But also must see which part of the stomach the fibroid is.
Hope this help.
Daphne Lim

Take care gals. :)

temari

All mtbs, do you all feel nausae/giddy during bus rides/MRT in 2nd trimester? I'm now wk 12+, still feel it sometimes. I dont't have much MS in my first trimester, only fatigue and uneasiness at times. No vomitting and able to eat most food. :err:
Hi Crystalginal, i have MS and vomitting during 1st trimester. nausae and giddy in bus and mrt everytime.no choice, take mrt i will take to interchange so can sit down. bus no choice have to see endure already.

i just starting my 2nd trimester today. MS started to reduced already.

Last edited:

temari

today do my down sydrome test.nurse say from now on have to take urine test every visit.

doctor say my baby is very cooperative. the scan was done within half an hour.i do the not scan only.everything is ok. low risk of down sydrome.today doctor never examine my fibroids.

given the package to decide today. will probably take the package early so medication fees will be cheaper.can choose to deliver at Mt E or Mt A.still deciding..

and new medicine vitamins and calcium.no more hormones pills.

doctor say so far my progress is good. no need to go back every 2 weeks to monitor already.will visit monthly already.next visit 11 nov 09.have to take blood test.t.t

Last edited:

flashy

Hi flashy,

I do experience similiar pains like you. Some pains were felt even before wk 12. I did ask my gynae, she said its normal as baby is exerting pressure on my walls. Ocassionally now I do feel some light pains, but for a while only.

If your pain is of a long period of time (and very very pain), please do visit your gynae. To be safe!
Hi Crystalginal,
thanks for sharing :001_302: mine was very light pain and just come and go, hopefully everything ok.
tomorrow i'll see doctor again, i'll ask her. and can't wait to see baby's action :Dancing_wub:

Ocean

Dear all,

I am at my 14W5D now. These two days I could feel my dummy is pulsing all the time. Especially when I lay down in the bed quietly and hold my breath, I could see my lower part dummy pulsing. My hubby could see it too.

But most of my friends said we could only feel the baby's movement when we are in 18W or 20W.

I just wonder if it is baby's heartbeat or my dummy pulse. Is there any mummy has same experience?

Just lay down and hold your breath for a while and see....let me know.

Thanks!!!:001_302:

princessmama

I am in my 16th week already but i also felt pulsing at my tummy area sometime in week 14...sometimes putting my hand there i can also feel it but sometimes i cant. I am not sure too but i read somewhere that baby too small so cant feel but what we are feeling is jus one of the pulses on our body but it is stronger now cos we are pumping more blood. hee..not sure though...

excited to see gynae on mon. hopefully can know gender by then if baby cooperate. cant wait for the time when you can actually feel the baby's movement to know he/she is ok as compared to now...

Ocean

I agree with you Princessmama. It may just one of the pulses on our body.

My next scan will be on 29 Oct. Do let us know your baby's gender after your visit. Does your tummy grow bigger now? My dummy is still as same as before. But my colleague who is also in 14W, her dummy grows very fast.

princessmama

ok! cant wait hee.

I think it depends on whether it's your colleague's first or second child. Second pregnancy tummy swells v quickly. My tummy is still quite small. Sometimes i will worry if my baby is growing well but hubby says as long as i got eat baby should be ok cos my colleague who's baby is one month older than mine seems to have a huge belly. She just felt her baby move sometime in 19th week when the baby stretches and she said it's interesting. ha i cant wait for the magical moment too

Hi Littlemoomoo

What happen? I thought women lost there baby on the 1st 3 months?
Your EDD is 1 to 2 days later than me...my 28-29 Apr 2010.
And my gynae also Dr KT Tan. We can be neighs in the delivery suite.
You take care...

Daphne Lim
Hi Neighbour to be in KKH,

Hope we dun deliver at the same time or Dr Tan will be very busy running in and out of our delivery suites...LOL

My 1st loss was really unexpected as all the checkups were normal, my 1st baby was also very active and loves kicking, hence when i sensed he was not kicking as often, i went back to see my 1st gynae. She said there was a unknown blood clot in the umbilical cord that is compromising the blood flow to baby. The next day, the baby was gone...
The reason i am seeing KKH gynae is because i realise private hospitals might not have the necessary equipments to deal with premature delivery..i was told by the 1st gynae to walk in to KKH A&E myself since i might have premature birth! (They cant book me in and i dun understand why?)

Still depress over what happen but i told myself to move on..seeing my 2nd baby in the ultrasound makes me cry and can't help thinking about my 1st loss.

Hi all,

I took the down sydrome test last wed. Baby was naughty, only managed to see the nasal bone at the 3rd try. Baby was so cute...

First try: my baby was lying on my left pelvic bone area, facing me. Doc couldn't take a good measurement, even after coughing/sneezing/shaking the area in hope for position change. Then i walked out, sayang baby to shift the position. 2nd try: Baby was standing up, facing my vaginal. And still can't manage to take a good shot. 3rd try: Baby was lying on my right pelvic bone area, still facing me. He/she was so shy, dont't want to face us!!! After some coaxing, the baby turned facing towards us. Finally! The whole scan took me few hours.

Doc (at Kandang Kerbau Hospital) said my down sydrome scan and various blood tests were ok, of low risks. But she said there are 2 traits(Trisomy 18 & 21) that are of moderate risks. I'm not sure what exactly she meant, since she had said that the main down sydrome test was 1 in 1,100 plus, which is low risk . She advised me to go for another scan, which is scheduled tomorrow, as a precaution. She reassured me not to worry, as it is done to reassure that everything will be fine. Well, Im not afraid, just that I dont't really get what the doc meant.

Btw, I have change my gynae to adelina wong, Thomson Medical Center. I made the choice early this month and had seen her. And I did not regret my decision. Not that Kandang Kerbau Hospital doc not good, I made this choice as I'm more comfortable knowing that the nurses at Thomson Medical Center will take good care of me and my baby.

Mrsmogan, the down sydrome scan is what I described earlier in the thread. Doc will exert more pressure in the scan to see the baby clearly. The position of baby is important for the measurement. So, you might want to talk to baby first before the scan. I did talk to mine for few days, but failed. Haha!
Crystalginal, i do agree TMC nurses are much more motherly and caring. They do show more concern to patients, however do not hesitate to seek 2nd opinion when in doubt, its always good to have another advise.:Dancing_tongue:

Today i just went to my 1st trimester test, KK does not have a nice name like OSCAR scan, they just call it down syndrome test. In comparison, KKH's diagnostic checks, in my opinion, is more thorough, they have a sonographer doing the scan, a doctor to doing another round of scan and then a Professor to confirm the results. Well, it did scare me a little when the Dr asked me to wait for the Prof to come in to talk to me...my husband and i nearly freak out..in the end everything turns out well and normal.:Dancing_wub:

Daphne Lim

Hi Neighbour to be in Kandang Kerbau Hospital,

Hope we dont deliver at the same time or Dr Tan will be very busy running in and out of our delivery suites...LOL

My 1st loss was really unexpected as all the checkups were normal, my 1st baby was also very active and loves kicking, hence when i sensed he was not kicking as often, i went back to see my 1st gynae. She said there was a unknown blood clot in the umbilical cord that is compromising the blood flow to baby. The next day, the baby was gone...
The reason i am seeing Kandang Kerbau Hospital gynae is because i realise private hospitals might not have the necessary equipments to deal with premature delivery..i was told by the 1st gynae to walk in to Kandang Kerbau Hospital A&E myself since i might have premature birth! (They cant book me in and i dont understand why?)

Still depress over what happen but i told myself to move on..seeing my 2nd baby in the ultrasound makes me cry and can't help thinking about my 1st loss.
Hi Littlemoomoo

Yesterday just went KKH for my down sym test. They did a scan...everything ok but when my blood works comes...sigh...they said they blood work no good...ratio 1:30 so ask me to do the amino test. So I have make a appointment next month for the test. Now just have to wait...
Now my EDD is 24 April 2010. Maybe baby grow very fast...
You take care...

Daphne Lim

Hi Littlemoomoo

Yesterday just went Kandang Kerbau Hospital for my down sym test. They did a scan...everything ok but when my blood works comes...sigh...they said they blood work no good...ratio 1:30 so ask me to do the amino test. So I have make a appointment next month for the test. Now just have to wait...
Now my EDD is 24 April 2010. Maybe baby grow very fast...
You take care...

Daphne Lim
Hi Daphne,

Dun worry about the amnio test, everything will turn out fine. My aunt taught me this time to keep talking to the baby and tell the baby to be strong and healthy, somehow mothers always have telepathy with their children and i believe your baby will be able to hear you and be strong.

Maybe we met yesterday? My appointment was at around 10am, when was yours? :Dancing_tongue:

Little Moo Moo

Daphne Lim

Hi Daphne,

dont worry about the amnio test, everything will turn out fine. My aunt taught me this time to keep talking to the baby and tell the baby to be strong and healthy, somehow mothers always have telepathy with their children and i believe your baby will be able to hear you and be strong.

Maybe we met yesterday? My appointment was at around 10am, when was yours? :Dancing_tongue:

Little Moo Moo
Hi Littlemoomoo

I will try to talk to the baby...but this 2 days my son make me want to throw up blood so sometimes no in the mood...sigh..tomorrow start work...so boring...
My appointment at 8.45am...my doctor appointment always very early...my next appointment will be the 7/Nov with Dr Tan.
Hope to see you 1 day...you take care...

kym

hi mummies, I understand the frustrations of searching a reliable confinment lady. Hence I decided to act as freelance cl middeman. My sister and cousin are good and popular confinement ladies from malaysia and they have the network for cl in johor. So the service that I can provide is to recommend the cl, arrange the cl to meet mummy so you can sit down to discuss the price, terms and conditions. No more blind recommendation. no more problems on can't find the cl when near the due date. no more stupid cl from agency too. Please email at kympang@hotmail.com or my contact no. 90303128 for friendly and reliable service. All the best!

princessmama

Yeah! Just went for a check up. Dr Ang said my baby keep movin around though hubby n i tried hard to see what he was talking about. Keep up your activity my dear baby! Yeah and he saw the gender. Said 80% GIRL! haha welcome to the pink world but need to go for detailed scan in a month's time to confirm and further detailed scan! =D