EDD in OCTOBER 2010

berry3

kittymeow..
yeah.. my bump is quite obvious too..
the worst thing about our bump in early pregnancy is that it looks like we're just fat! maybe people notice smth but they are having too much thoughts in their minds.. "is she pregnant?" "maybe if i give my seat she's offended! maybe she's just fat!"

shumum, kitty and everyone...
maybe start to give hints to them by touching and caressing our bellies in front of them? haha....

cyndear,
don't worry okay! stay well and healthy and avoid anything dangerous for the baby.. hope everything will b alright with u and baby!

congrats for all the new mommy to be.. !

missymelody,
that means if u are going to gynae 2 weeks from now u can see/hear hearbeat, and see the shape of ur baby alrdy!
sometimes i wonder whether this is better or not.. coz for me going early (i went at week 5) and can't see a thing is worrying...

berry3

regarding test,...

i'm still 23 so it's optional for me.. but i think if i go for the test i will be very2 worried knowing baby is at high/low risk of defect..
inquire this with my gynea too and she said there's nothing to be done, option is to abort or not to abort..

i guess i will spare my worry and just will love the baby whatever happen to him/her... so not taking any test...

but in other hand some of u might be worry not to take the test, so really depends on how u feel.. :)

PinkDiamonds

berry3:
Once in a crowded train I boarded at City Hall at peak hour. Then I was standing there, very dizzy cause couldn't stand too long in my 1st trimester. But I didn't do anything exceptional like make my belly more prominent. But I guess I was showing enough for this Malay auntie to notice that I'm pregnant. So she gave up her seat. Very nice.

The ironic thing is I was like 6-7months pregnant on a train. Not very crowded but no seats. I purposely stand in front of these 2 girls, probably secondary school age. They were sitting on the priority seat. So obvious I'm pregnant but they just happily sitting there gossiping. Can't stand it.

Another time I take train, then this Malay guy wanted to give up his seat to me. Then as I was about to walk over, this guy just sat down!!! Then the Malay guy felt quite pai seh about it. So his friend who sat next to him, gave up his seat to me.

yah. ytd i at bugis mrt board the train home. when reach paya lebar got 2 empty seats i wanted to walk over but 1 lady super kaisu just squeeze her way and snatch the seat. but 1 boy i think around 17 18 noticed my little bump on the tummy and gave his seat to me. feels abit paiseh cos my tummy so small only people will notice and give up. hahaa but glad that got seat if not have to stand all the way to tampines already.

berry3

wow.. so far no experience for me, quite blessed in a way that when i take mrt/bus there's always seat for me without inflicting any "fight" with others.. hehe..

quite good leh those who are willing to give up seats for pregnant lady.
sometimes there are people giving it out of obligation, just because they are seating in priority seat. But amazingly, there are sincere, understanding people around who will give up seat regardless where they sit!

let's raise our children not to be like those secondary girls/man as mentioned by pinkdiamonds!

shumum

Wow! Its getting more and more interesting. Kekeke...thks pinkdiamond. I'll reflect here what i see after 19th march!

Nowadays, my MS is better le. Only on either morning, afternoon or night. No longer for the whole day le..... Blessed. Hahaha...I've been talking to my little one, telling him stop torturing me..... Hahaha. Maybe physcologically it worked. And my seniors jokeingly said, we can always hit their bums bums when they are out.

Didn't know all these checks are so pricey. Baby really come not easy. We must really treasure them.

Btw, I am a yoga fanatic, so believe that yoga will really help pregnant mums to have a better deliver and somehow their babies whom came out tends to have better emotions. They (abt 5months) can follow their mums for class for an hour without throwing tantrum. I will go ask gynae when can start natal yoga, will update you mamas if interested....:)

So now lets pray hard for our beautiful angels who are in our tummy....blessing each other!:Dancing_wub:

PinkDiamonds

berry3: I'll advice you to go for a basic scan and blood test, but doubt there is a need for an amniocentesis. Anyway I do think the basic & blood tests will be compulsory with your gynae. Peace of mind. :)

shumum: glad it's getting better! Btw my gynae said it's good to have MS, as it shows that your hormones level are quite high. But no worries for mummies who don't experience it at all as a lot of mummies go through pregnancies without any MS and have very healthy babies! It's good to go have some exercise! Actually if your gynae gives you the green light, anything non-exertive is good for you and baby. It helps you deal with the emotions well too. Maybe you can share with us where you go the natal yoga, I think some mummies here will be interested to know too!

I've just came back from my 1st scan today and I'm 6 weeks, 4 days. We found out that I'm expecting TWINS! Really surprised and I think I'm still recovering from the shock. Not sure how I'm going to cope with twins plus a 19months girl by the time I deliver them. I really feel it's a blessing so THANK GOD for this wonderful gift(s).

Wiledna

Hi Mummies to be..

So happy to see so many Oct mummies here...
Congrats to all~
I will be joining this gang.
Currently at my 7th week, edd will be on the 19th Oct 10.. :)
In fact, im an Oct girl myself.. ^^

My MS is getting from bad to worst.. my nose is getting sensitive to alot of smell and certain sight can just trigger the nausea feeling.. >.<
Just feel lousy most of the day.. Gyne says it will get worst from next week on..

Anyway, hope all mummies to be have a smooth pregancy.. jia you~

thepinkdot

weee... i just came back from my gynae appt too.. (actually PinkDiamonds and I share the same gynae and we're friends)

its wonderful to meet my precious little one for the first time.. as this will be my 2nd and last kid, i'll def. try to treasure my pregnancy for the last time.. hopefully this little one will be a boy.. it's definitely my miracle gift as i was having trouble conceiving and was about to start fertility treatment..

MummyK

Hi Pink Diamonds, I'm taking the test at TMC.. =)

Mummies here who is having bad M.S, no worries.. It will get better in days to come especially when you are entering the 2nd trimester..
I'm 2weeks away from 2nd tri, and my M.S has improved quite alot.. JiaYou!
Gynae said M.S is the sign of Baby is growing.. =)
BTW, are there any good recommandations for stretchmark creams?? :001_302:

berry3

pink diamonds,
congrats!
do u have twin gene? that must b cool! double blessings.. :)

thanks for the advice :) i'll just take the tests included in the package, but don't take anything optional like oscar test....

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

pink diamonds,
congrats!
do you have twin gene? that must b cool! double blessings.. :)

thanks for the advice :) i'll just take the tests included in the package, but dont't take anything optional like oscar test....
The thing is both my hubby and I have no family history of twins at all and we tracked our family history all the way back to our great-grandparents but no twins! So it's really a surprise!

I think your gynae will know what is most necessary according to your age. So just pay the money, take it to have a peace of mind. Anyway it's another chance to see your little one in the ultrasound! :D

BBlin

pink diamonds, double congrats to you expecting twins! Your hubby, family and yourself must be really thrilled!

shumum, i think the natal yoga sounded interesting? I've went for Yoga classes before but that was quite some time ago. Maybe you may want to share the details if you have?
Normally when then we can take up exercise?

I also need to take MRT to work everyday but my bump still not obvious...no one giving up seat for me... always got to depend on luck to see anyone getting down the next station :(

My MS comes and goes. Some days ok. Other days will suffer nausea feelings like today. My appetite got worse. All food to me taste terrible. And worst of all my ulu working place has limited choice of food selection...sad...
I only like to eat bread and biscuits now...They are the most appetizing food now!

My first gynae visit is on coming Monday. Aiyo i can't wait for it. I wanna see my little one from the scan! Will update after i see the gynae!:)

BBlin

BTW, are there any good recommandations for stretchmark creams?? :001_302:
Hi MummyK, i heard my ex-coll saying Palmer's cocoa butter forumula stretch mark lotion is effective. Can buy off the shelf from most drugstores.
Do you have an account from Fr3b.com? Can get sample from this website by paying for the postage. Can try it before buying a big bottle. Maybe i'm giving a try!
By the way, i heard from my friends we can start applying now and will be more effective? Is that true? Will it help?

PinkDiamonds

Yes! U must apply the creams now, as it helps enhance elasticity of the skin. As your pregnancy progresses, it might be itchy but DON'T SCRATCH IT if not you will get ugly stretch marks like me :(

MummyK

Ohh Congrats PinkDiamonds!! :twink::tlaugh:

Thanks BBlin, I've also seen raves about Palmer's Cocoa Butter across the forum.. I just bought a tube today from Watsons and shall start applying today haha..

shumum

Wow! Congrats to u pinkdiamonds! Its really a surprise! But twins r really cute. As i teach, met a couple of twins before, they are really amazing. The telepathy bet them is wow and most of them are pretty witty too! Kekeke.

As for the yoga, kekeke, after I consult my gynae on the 19th MArch, I'll let everybody know. As for the natal yoga. its quite different fr the normal yoga. Its closer to the restorative yoga, where its very relaxing and props like pillows, bolster and blankets are used.

My Ms, has some how left with bloatedness and fatigue only. Since I have not go for the scan, hahaha don't really know how old is baby now. MY tummy has started showing. Hahaha, thought i was fat, but after weighing myself, think its only the tummy growing. Kekeke. I'm so excited. :shyxxx:

Yeah, must start applying those cream already. Helps to moisturise too. But think I read somewhr that stretch marks actually follows your mum. If she has lots of them, most likely you will get it, vice versa. Kekeke, but don;t know how true is that.

Last edited: