Edd July 2014

Friday ended a little earlier for meeee. Had early release as we r having a company dinner tonight! :) enjoying myself doing nothing now while waiting for my colleague to finish with her hair wash. ;)

mangobees

Me too experiencing more intense nausea compared to my #1 plus on two days mc now for fever n flu...worried abt taking meds but gp says ok

Haleymummy

Hello all
just registered myself on this website.
need all the advices I can get from you experts, who may already be a mother of 1 or 2.
i tested positive last wed 27nov. Checked with gynae on sat 30nov. Could hardly see anything. Gynae say "2mm"... *shrugs*
This will be my first pregnancy, if it's really happening. Doc say I in my "5th week" but I don't have much sensation or symptoms. I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard so many examples and stories but I'm not quite feeling them... I'm still eating normal. Walking normal. Etc....

May I ask which week onwards should I really start to feel the symptoms kicking in? I am also told that everyone is different. But I ask my mom she said she had symptoms when she was pregnant last time. Are these genetics? Can I use my mum has a benchmark as to what to expect in weeks to come?

truetrue

usually its comes in after week 8 or so.. but for some people they dont get any nausea or vomitting/bloated.. nothing much. The first visit to gynea should be ard 6week to see something like a little bean.. and you get to see the heartbeat by the 7weeks on.. When is your next visit? Congratz and welcome!

Haleymummy

Next appt 14dec. Should be abt 7weeks Then. A week before I'm going on a Taiwan trip. I did give the gynae heads up abt my trip. She say ask long as I'm doing fine from now till Then, no spotting can go ahead. But now that you are telling me the symptoms will start to show from week 8 onwards, I'm a little worried about my trip. All I'm feeling now is that I have occasional cramp feeling and heart burn and blessedness. All ard the abdominal area.

Jetje0617

Halemummy, do not worry too much. I have no symptom during my 1st preg. Since you do not have any, you might not have any throughout your preg. Go enjoy your trip while you can. :):)

Meowgirl

Ya, Haleymummy, so long as you are feeling comfortable that it's ok. Just remind yourself that you are pregnant and be careful with your movement. Don't run or carry heavy stuffs. It's time to make your hubby work for you, and feel like a queen. Some people's symptoms may just come later. My #1 I start vomiting since week 6 and couldn't eat certain food, but for #2, just some feeling a bit of discomfort and no appetite, considered better as compared to carrying #1. This morning I even nearly forgot I'm pregnant and wanted to run after a bus.

It's a blessing that you are not feeling too much discomfort (or maybe just not yet). Since it's your #1, just take good care and be careful and enjoy. My hubby banned all my overseas trip since I'm pregnant with #1, ends up, now with #2, I guess I'll continue to be grounded for at least another year.

Just to share a tip, not sure if it really works though... when carrying #1, I wanted a cheerful baby, so I keep myself happy and laugh to all kinds of jokes that my colleagues made (even if it's very lame or yellow)...turns out my #1 is very cheerful and have a very good smile. My colleagues commented that he looks like laughing buddha. haha. Anyway, it's definitely not wrong to keep yourself happy. Cheers..

Haleymummy

Thanks for all the tips and encouragements.
Honestly I really don't feel pregnant. I seem to still do this as I normally do although I make a point not to carry to heavy objects, But I still squat, sit on the floor, go shopping.
The only few things that I feel very prominently uncomfortable is the hungry and gastric ish feeling, like my stomach very hollow and my heart beat... it's very obvious like it's just under the surface of my chest and it's very irritating and not normal beats.... not sure if my heart is like over working...

Munny

hello all! my edd is 20 july :) my gynae is dr benjamin tham from tmc.. initially had a blood clot scare and was on bed rest for 2 weeks..all the clot has cleared but my all day sickness is very bad! i have lost 4kg in less than a mth :(

Haleymummy

Recently I started having weird discharge. Dark brownish reddish color. Texture looks like smashed tofu. Smells like menses. I'm not sound. Especially cos I'm going on a holiday next Saturday.
For now I'm seeing Dr. Soon SB at Paragon. But She say it's normal as I'm pregnant But I read mixed reviews abt discharges. Some say normal some say lead to miscarriage. Sigh. Going for a random 2nd opinion.

Munny

U did ultrascan? i was having abodminal pains (similar to menses cramp) and a transvaginal scan showed that i have some internal bleeding, was given bed rest, jabs and duphaston and cancelled my work trip too

Haleymummy

I just went for 2nd opinion with another doctor in Clement.
She said based on what I described, it sounds like an infection although She wasn't able to see much when She inspected below. She saw blood rather than the weird discharge. She did a wash and inserted an anti fungal tablet in it. After that She gave me tons of multi vits and supplements. The scan hasn't shown the baby. She say it's probably about 5weeks, still too early to see. Sighh So disappointing not to be able to see or hear the heart beat. I end up paying $480 for my 2nd opinion. Super exp!

Haleymummy

I didn't have cramps like menses cramps that bad. Just discomfort here and there like someone putting pressure on my lower abdominal. But it's not PAIN, just discomfort. Then She gave me medz to strengthen/stable the pregnancy. And an external wash.

Still feeling "very expensive"!!!!!!

Munny

tts expensive!!

Haleymummy:845684 said:
I didn't have cramps like menses cramps that bad. Just discomfort here and there like someone putting pressure on my lower abdominal. But it's not PAIN, just discomfort. Then She gave me medz to strengthen/stable the pregnancy. And an external wash.

Still feeling "very expensive"!!!!!!

Munny

my first appointment with dr tham to check my cramps, the bill was 270..had a jab, folic, vitamin b6, duphaston, urine test, ultrascan. i scaned ard 5 weeks also, had a sac n a tiny seed. Just had my 3rd appointment on tueaday and the heartbeat was 180 ( it was 120 2 weeks ago)!

QUOTE=Haleymummy:845681]I just went for 2nd opinion with another doctor in Clement.
She said based on what I described, it sounds like an infection although She wasn't able to see much when She inspected below. She saw blood rather than the weird discharge. She did a wash and inserted an anti fungal tablet in it. After that She gave me tons of multi vits and supplements. The scan hasn't shown the baby. She say it's probably about 5weeks, still too early to see. Sighh So disappointing not to be able to see or hear the heart beat. I end up paying $480 for my 2nd opinion. Super exp![/QUOTE]