EDD Mar 2014

jo1402

just to share something dumb with you girls.

went for another prenatal massage over the weekend (at 34+weeks). Then when I reach home, was lying on the sofa and I suddenly shouted out to my hubby. "OMG, stomach pain!!" My hubby rush out from the room, looking fluster and ask, so we need to go hospital now!? So how, call taxi? take ambulance etc....

It was pretty hilarious looking at him at the same time I also a bit stress. Cause it was then I realise how unprepared we both were. Hahahaha.
LOL, I was having bad Braxton's hicks and backache the other day. My hubby also asked if I'm having contractions.... -_-lll I was only 34 weeks..

jadeite

Zhumei, so excited for you! Congratulations :) hope baby and mommy will recover quickly! Care to share baby's name with us?

Yellow, they taught us that move in the Mt A antenatal class too, but more for stretching the back. Must admit I've been lazy in exercising. Haha. Shall try to do it more!

My hubby is also asking me to quickly pack the hospital bag... I think he is more kancheong than me!

jo1402

Zhumei, so excited for you! Congratulations :) hope baby and mommy will recover quickly! Care to share baby's name with us?

Yellow, they taught us that move in the Mt A antenatal class too, but more for stretching the back. Must admit I've been lazy in exercising. Haha. Shall try to do it more!

My hubby is also asking me to quickly pack the hospital bag... I think he is more kancheong than me!
I have packed my bag, except the maternity gown. Still wondering if I should bring along the breast pump!

LH779

I have packed my bag, except the maternity gown. Still wondering if I should bring along the breast pump!
i also hasn't pack yet. intend to only do it after the hospital tour (so that I know what the hospital provide and what I should bring). but i already got the gynae letter and receipts ready in an envelope (just in case there's any emergency at least hubby know where's the essential document).

During my previous routine check, at 34 weeks baby is 2.6kg already. Gynae was suggesting that I need to cut back on carbo. he say going by this rate, if I deliver at week 40, baby may be too big and my delivery will not be as easy. So i told Baby that he needs to go on a diet - hahahahha. but it seems difficult to cut back on carbo leh. cause I get really hungry easily and the fastest fix to satisfy hunger are things like biscuits/bread/instant noodles :(

jadeite

Layla, found the XL size at watsons at junction 8! But it's the miine brand and not the in-house watsons brand.

Jo, where are you delivering again? At Mt A they recommend we rent their breast pump at $20 for the whole stay cuz they will wash the pump for you and store bm for you. If we bring our own pump they will not provide these services. So really no point for us to bring our own.

Zhumei scared me, now I've gone and bought my disposable undies, pads and baby detergent to wash the clothes. Suddenly worried that I might deliver early too. Haha! Zhumei are you first time mummy? Breastfeeding going ok for you?

Last edited:

zhumei

thanks all!!! hugs and jiayou k!!!

yes, i am a first time mum and my girl's name is elsa (yes, from the frozen cartoon but i love the name so much! hehe)

ok i really suggest you all to pack hospital bag.. somethings you will never know (choy choy choy) but thank GOD i packed so when it happened, my hubby just took the bag and go.

breast pump was provided in KKH and it was free of charge to use - medela machine pump. lactation consultant Ying Jie from KKH is thumbs up! i was discouraged by the first few drops of colostrum and because my bb is premature, i have to express milk whereas mothers around me were latching on their bb.

i rem MT A say no need to bring breast pump coz they will loan it at $20 one time payment. dunno about TMC or others.

Breast feeding is a journey and really fulfiling :) i feel satisfied when i can pump alot and not forgetting the benefits for my bb. i keep her always in my mind while pumping :D helps to express more i think psychologically.

lastly, u really need to be persistent - every 3 hourly is no joke... even in the middle of the night else breast will become hard and engorge and it's painful :(
also, u need hubby support because i did C sect, im adviced not to move around so my hubby wake up when i am ready to pump to sterilise the pumps and also help me freeze the express milk.

of coz, latching on is a another new experience - 2 hourly and let the bb drink to her heart's content. i hope it's not too painful with the nipple sucking.

Eleanor

No...just had my checkup and baby still breech..:(
Doc said walking more doesnt really help..if by next checkup 2 weeks later still havent turn, might have to do elective c sect..
Oh..i know that exercise..i tried to do it occasionally but sometimes lazy..did u do it everyday and how frequent you did for that 2 weeks? I gona start to practice it eevryday..hopefully bb will turn!

yellow0075:855685 said:
Eleanor, your baby turned already?

mine was also breech at 32 weeks. my gynae got me to do some exercises and baby turned at 34 weeks! you might want to try? basically she asked me to go on all 4 fours, like child's pose in yoga, except that you stretch out your back (tummy above floor, not legs) like a cat stretch. like this: http://im.rediff.com/getahead/2009/jul/14yoga5.jpg

hope this helps!

rachie82

No...just had my checkup and baby still breech..:(
Doc said walking more doesnt really help..if by next checkup 2 weeks later still havent turn, might have to do elective c sect..
Oh..i know that exercise..i tried to do it occasionally but sometimes lazy..did u do it everyday and how frequent you did for that 2 weeks? I gona start to practice it eevryday..hopefully bb will turn!

ur doctor can try to turn the bb manually, did he advise on tat??

Eleanor,

i did the cat pose almost every alternate day, just before bedtime... i do it 3 times, each time about 30 seconds? or until im tired.. haha. talk to baby? my hubs kept singing the beethoven song (think its symphony 9?) - turn turn turn turn!

Eleanor

Haha ya! Maybe i shld let baby listen to the beethoven song..lol
I will b more diligent in doing the exercises then..hope my bb guai guai...
Btw Yellow did you notice any difference when your bb turned? Or only during the scan then you knew ur bb turned?

I didn't feel anything, but doc say usually can feel one... Apparently if position changed u should feel more kicks at the higher part of your tums. But my baby's legs and arms all at the bottom even after turning so I can't feel anything lor