EDD Mar 2014

icy0983

Hi all..I am currently 37+ weeks..baby weighing around 2.9-3kg.am petite & thus baby feeling heavy now.abit excited
went gynae & was told that it would be another 2 weeks or so...
wonder is baby too heavy for me now..

Last edited:

jadeite

icy: 1 Mar
quicksand: girl (2nd time mummy) - 3 Mar

myln02: girl (first time mummy) - 3 Mar
maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
lltan: girl (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
nahj: Boy - 6th of March
yellow: girl - 7 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar
angies: boy (first time mummy) - 9 Mar
yanti19: (first time mummy) - 10 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
yuxuan2014: girl 12 march
Xinyu: girl - 14 Mar

zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
AnxiousMama: girl (first time mummy) - 16 Mar
eleanor: boy (first time mummy) - 20 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: girl - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
Melody: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
karmene: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: girl (first time mummy) - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
marchbabe: prob girl - 28 Mar
itchyscratchy: 30 Mar
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
tpy: girl

reffine

icy: 1 Mar
quicksand: girl (2nd time mummy) - 3 Mar
myln02: girl (first time mummy) - 3 Mar
maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
lltan: girl (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
nahj: Boy - 6th of March
yellow: girl - 7 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar
angies: boy (first time mummy) - 9 Mar
yanti19: (first time mummy) - 10 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
yuxuan2014: girl 12 march
Xinyu: girl - 14 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
AnxiousMama: girl (first time mummy) - 16 Mar
eleanor: boy (first time mummy) - 20 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: girl - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
Melody: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
karmene: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
Reffine: girl (2nd time mummy) - 25 Mar
jadeite: girl (first time mummy) - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
marchbabe: prob girl - 28 Mar
itchyscratchy: 30 Mar
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
tpy: girl

maviss

i dont think i will be following the bathing thing too! hahahaha!! cause too hot already singapore weather sure cannot take it.

we need to keep clean below also if not later got infection even worse.

LH779

I will bath, but probably wan to bath only in boiled water, cause somehow i sort of believe there's a difference between boiled and water from the tap. I literally see myself boiling lots of water during confinement.

Drinking water, as mention as long as it's boiled water will not be too particular.

that being say, i think i'll buy those latex gloves, so that in case I need to touch tap water (e.g. washing BB's clothes / handkerchief etc)

zhumei

i have not bathed from 4 Feb till now... OMG.. I AM GOING TO DIE! so hot and sweaty but my in laws keep saying it's for my own good else next time suffer. my mum also on their side coz she told me she see friends who did not follow and suffered in the later years.

i did wet dry using the daiqui watever herb thing with hot boiling water... and use dry shampoo which is powder form..

i got wash below with normal water and still wash my face and brush teeth.

i cant wait for my confinement to be over :(

and yes, you cannot eat or drink before giving birth. i was in KKH and they only allow me to sip droplets of water. i did C-sect and took 1 hour with injecting the spinal to take out the baby. another 2 hours to operate on for blood transfusion coz i lost 2 litres of blood.

after c sect, also cannot drink or eat for at least 8 hours until you let out air.

jo1402

Haiz... in such a weather, it's even worse if we follow the confinement bathing rules lor...I'm getting the herbs for the bath and I think I just gg to wash my hair. And that would be daily. My hubby's cousin said she used lemongrass shower gel instead as it'll get rid of 'wind' too. My other fren drank the longan & red dates soup till nose bleed =p

im planning on taking daily showers. my mil insists that i shower in herbal water, which i guess is fine as long as i get to feel nice and clean after.

dont even have confinement nanny. my dad will cook all my meals according to a confinement recipe book he bought (which i also inspected and insisted that he remove certain dishes that i dont like!) i believe as long as we eat healthy, rest well, it should be sufficient.

if we really need to follow confinement rules to recover or prevent ill-effects, then the ang mohs who know nothing about confinement all will suffer from rheumatism etc? which clearly isnt the case!

jo1402

jo, is this the type of lemongrass shower gel you're referring to? it's cheaper than the one from Lemongrass House which is about $10 for 120ml. This one from Origins Jamu Massage is $20 for 700ml.

If I plan to bathe, do I still need the chinese herbs? I actually don't even know what the herbs are for, passed to me by my colleague. haha.

Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel | originsjamumassage.com
Actually I also dunno which one she bought. She said she found the herbs made her skin sticky after use, thus she changed to this lemongrass for her 2nd time of confinement. But I checked with another fren on the stickiness. She said was ok for her as she used the usual shampoo/ shower gel then use the water from the herbs to rinse.

tpy

jadeite, i think if you are getting this lemonglass confinement shower gel dont't really have to use herbs to bath. Coz our pores will open up after delivery and bathing in herbal water will help to remove wind. That's y if we want to bath, have to bath faster and wipe dry fast.

tpy

It is also important to remember that swaddling shouldn’t be done:
  • Once the baby is past one month of age. By the time a baby is 4 weeks old, they begin to move more voluntarily and need to be able to do so.
  • In such a way that the baby’s legs are completely straight and unable to move. Doing so will lead to hip dysplasia very quickly.
  • When placing a baby on their stomach or side. Placing a baby on their stomach or side should be avoided anyway, to reduce the risk of SIDS.
  • If a baby is sick or has even the slightest temperature. Swaddling naturally holds in body heat — not what you need when a baby is feverish and ill.
  • Too tightly. Snug is one thing but cutting off their circulation is quite another.

jadeite

hmm some sites say can swaddle up to 3-4 months, others say they have swaddled baby up to 8-9 months... generally the advice seems to be that if baby flips while being swaddled, it's very unsafe. seems like some kids cannot sleep without swaddling...

bigrice

Hi Mummies

Have anyone of you booked for post natal massage? Possible to share details? My EDD is 04 March. Wonder if post natal massage is necessary as this is my first baby and there are so many things I am unsure of.

Appreciate all advices :) Thank you

maviss

Hi Mummies

Have anyone of you booked for post natal massage? Possible to share details? My EDD is 04 March. Wonder if post natal massage is necessary as this is my first baby and there are so many things I am unsure of.

Appreciate all advices :) Thank you
i have booked mine already. from beauty moms and babies. im only going for 10 sesssions though. scared later my tummy never go back down. LOL