EDD Mar 2014

icy0983

Hi Mummies

Have anyone of you booked for post natal massage? Possible to share details? My EDD is 04 March. Wonder if post natal massage is necessary as this is my first baby and there are so many things I am unsure of.

Appreciate all advices :) Thank you

My EDD is 1 Mar..yet to book anything yet..Gosh...v lost..

bigrice

Hi icy 0983, I read that only after delivery then call them ok too. I am not so comfortable to leave deposit to secure any massage lady so shall wait till after delivery then contact them.

Did u book confinement lady? I am reading up on what to pack for hospital bag; shall pack it over this weekend.

jadeite

I booked my postnatal treatments with Valerie from Nouri.. She says march is peak period leh! Better book soon... The baby fairs and expos have some good deals.

i booked massage lady but she didnt ask for deposit. i guess when they can start depends on the type of delivery. should make soft booking first. some massage ladies very popular! i booked this lady emma 94284522 - $700 for 10 sessions. fyi!

flowerie123

I've booked mine as well - freelance, though she just mentioned to call back after I deliver. No deposit,etc. Hope she still remembers and will be available after I deliver.
Hi Jadeite, I've heard some good reviews about Valerie, do share abt her massage after you have tried :)

jadeite

Flowerie, just did another massage with her yesterday as I've been doing prenatal with her. I won't know abt her postnatal treatments but she was recommended by a friend who used her twice for both kids and she is even slimmer now than before her first one! And she put on 20 kg for first kid some more... Her services are definitely very expensive though. $150 per session and I booked the 15 session package. Sigh.

flowerie123

Jadeite, I remember hers was not cheap.. hence, even with the good reviews, I did not sign up/contact her.
Haha maybe in 'desperate' times, may try out 1 or 2 sessions..

maviss

Flowerie, just did another massage with her yesterday as I've been doing prenatal with her. I won't know abt her postnatal treatments but she was recommended by a friend who used her twice for both kids and she is even slimmer now than before her first one! And she put on 20 kg for first kid some more... Her services are definitely very expensive though. $150 per session and I booked the 15 session package. Sigh.
ya wanted to book with her but then 150 per session abit steep for me!!

jadeite

Ya... I signed with her also before I realized other people's packages are so much cheaper. Oh well - will experience for myself and see how my weight loss and figure is... Haha. Maybe it will be worth it!

just did prenatal massage on saturday, am 37 weeks then. shiok max, kicking myself on why i didnt do this earlier.

anyway, the point is that i have really bad water retention (think pig's trotters) and 2 days after the massage the water retention has significantly reduced! i can actually see the veins on my feet. yay.

jadeite

haha yellow, yes I am v thankful for prenatal massage!! I haven't got much water retention yet but it's been too uncomfortable to wear shoes for quite awhile... it gets worse in the evening.

still trying to get baby to turn around, hoping that this thurs when I go for 35 week checkup she will have at least moved a bit ): she's been stuck in her position super long.

icy0983

Hi icy 0983, I read that only after delivery then call them ok too. I am not so comfortable to leave deposit to secure any massage lady so shall wait till after delivery then contact them.

Did u book confinement lady? I am reading up on what to pack for hospital bag; shall pack it over this weekend.
Hihi! My mom will be assisting me with confinement. I have yet to book the massage..do you have any recommendations & not as ex as i read some could go up to $150 per session? My hospital bag is all packed & in the car nw..lol..too anxious i think.. :D

bigrice

I think I will book my post natal massage with Babies Bellies Javanese Massage & Spa.

$590 for 10 days or $430 for 7 days. Need to top up for massage lady's transport at $8/day as I reside in Yishun.

Had wanted to engage a freelance massage lady but then not sure how good they are thou. I had a fren who just did hers in Jan and still plump, so I decided might as well try someone from a company's backing.

I also checked jmsingapore; rates slightly more expensive ($588 for 7days). they use hot stones in the treatment also, sounds good :)

Has anyone tried from these two companies?

I am using a luggage for my hospital bag; think easier for hubby to find the things when he unpack since I think I may not be in a right mind to handle things when the day arrives. I packed a 20'' luggage and also have a big side carry bag to put those for immediate use and those after delivery and bulkier items are in the luggage.

maviss

Hihi! My mom will be assisting me with confinement. I have yet to book the massage..do you have any recommendations & not as ex as i read some could go up to $150 per session? My hospital bag is all packed & in the car nw..lol..too anxious i think.. :D
mine is 788 for 10 sessions. plus transportation already and wrap.