EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

Just checked Valerie's website. Realized I signed up for the most expensive package at $150. She has cheaper ones at $80 onwards if anyone is interested.

http://www.nourifbc.com/#!price-post-natal/cbw0

Panic

I did try one freelance massage lady n one from JM Singapore for pre natal, and last Sat I went to baby bellies to try and feel more comfortable with their service. I have booked my postnatal massage with them, 10 days @$580 plus $9/per day transportation since I stay at Sengkang. One hour per session include wrap.

reffine

Did you prebook the massage lady from babies bellies or they will assign randomly to do the post natal massage?

bigrice

I was quoted $590 for 10 days & transport to Yishun is $8/day.

Did babies bellies advise when would be good to start the massage? Thanks :)

jadeite

Heard that the reason why hers is so expensive is because she uses a machine as well. So it's not only massage. Fingers crossed :) hope I won't have so much prob losing weight.

Panic

No prebook. Will be random assigned by them.
they advise to start a week later after natural delivery n 3 or 4 weeks later after c section.

Eleanor

Hi ladies, do you feel that sometimes ur belly goes into like few seconds of 'spasm-like' movements that bb is creating?? Just today iv been experiencing these super weird and worrying movements more frequently...other days it was like just occasional..but today it was quite freque nt

jadeite

Think it's cuz now in late third tri there is not much space for bb to move around so all they can do is wriggle and shake..

Wonder if my bb has turned and/or dropped because am feeling a lot of pressure in the pelvis. Bb's kicking a lot down there too and it's really uncomfortable, sometimes she kicks me right in the cervix until I have the feeling that if I reach down and feel, I would be able to feel her foot come out. Haha! Will find out tmr at checkup!

jo1402

Think it's cuz now in late third tri there is not much space for bb to move around so all they can do is wriggle and shake..

Wonder if my bb has turned and/or dropped because am feeling a lot of pressure in the pelvis. Bb's kicking a lot down there too and it's really uncomfortable, sometimes she kicks me right in the cervix until I have the feeling that if I reach down and feel, I would be able to feel her foot come out. Haha! Will find out tmr at checkup!
I had the same feeling abt the foot abt to come out before but that was ard 2nd trimester. But could it mean the baby is still in breech position? Nowadays mine kicks on the left and right sides of the belly and these few days on the top middle of it. Gynae said she's most likely having feet and hands facing the left of my belly (frequently kicks felt there), head down cos he could tell where the heart is during the scan. So you can ask your Dr during the scan =)

I'm going to be 36 weeks this Fri =) So far so good, but started to experience water retention on the surface of my feet...never seen them so smooth and plump before =p Belly's feeling heavier and felt soreness and the bottom of the belly if I sat for long period at work.

Btw, anyone started using underpad during their sleep yet? I just started last nite, think not used to it so din sleep very well

LH779

Yellow - I had the exact same thought when I went for my 1st prenatal massage - should have done it earlier! Anyway it's late better then never :)

Went for the Mount A Maternity Tour last week, it's pretty good I mus say. somehow I felt that they are really more caring then KKH. and for those who intend to give birth there, but did not go for the tour, do note that they will also include a BB bathtub for you to bring back.

I'll be bring those bags with rollers, not really a luggage bag. but i feel that it will be easier for hubby to move around with it. cause if my labour is long, he probably will be too tired to lug a bag around.

jadeite

Jo: ya, maybe it's my wishful thinking that baby has turned ): but I get the movements either right at the top of my womb or right at the bottom at the pelvis. Guess one is arms and one is feet, but I won't know until tmr!

LH: I also felt Mt A is more caring. Anyway it's non-profit and I think even if they take my money at least the profits go to help the needy so it's okay. Haha

Layla0401

Jadeite, thanks for the heads up on Miine brand!

I've packed a large day bag which is soft and squishy with most of the items in clear ziplock bags. Just lacking hubby's stuff and toiletries/ make-up. Don't forget to charge your cameras! I'm planning to bring a large fluffy bathrobe for the labour as well (and socks!) because when I was talking to my doctor about my birthplan, she said that we may have to cut short the skin-to-skin bonding right after birth and put the baby under the warmer as the delivery suite at PEH is really very cold and she doesn't want him to turn blue.

Jo, what do you mean by underpad? Like a pad to put on your panty or that rubber mat to put under your bedsheet? I've heard so many horror stories from friends who woke up soaking their mattresses and since my bed is new-ish (and very dear... to me), I've been sleeping with one of those rubber mats that kids use for incontinence for a few weeks now. My friend just told me that she bought disposable waterproof sheets from Guardian, like the kind they use in hospitals, and I think that might be a better idea. I'm also going to be 36 weeks soon (this Sat) and though I haven't experienced heaviness or backache yet, I bought one of those support belts from Mothercare and started using this week. I do feel quite secure and hope to reduce backpain once it starts. I've been sleeping with my feet on a pillow ever since my MIL noticed my feet getting puffy. I never realised it myself, until I tried to put on a pair of nice sandals for a wedding haha.

Eleanor, I've also felt that spazzy feeling as well. My baby is head down and at 34 weeks, he was facing my spine (back against the front of my tummy). Previously his back was either curved against my left or right side. I noticed in scans that he likes to have his hands near his face so I usually feel a lot of little pummelling actions against my bladder if I haven't done number 1 or 2. Perhaps this is just my imagination but maybe my baby wasn't happy that he didn't have much space haha.

Is anyone trying hypnobirthing? I may have started a bit too late, hopefully I can finish the training course before I deliver.

jo1402

Jo: ya, maybe it's my wishful thinking that baby has turned ): but I get the movements either right at the top of my womb or right at the bottom at the pelvis. Guess one is arms and one is feet, but I won't know until tmr!

LH: I also felt Mt A is more caring. Anyway it's non-profit and I think even if they take my money at least the profits go to help the needy so it's okay. Haha
Yup, better check with gynae, he can confirm the baby's position for you =) Dr said the stronger kicks are fr the legs and lighter ones are fr the hands. Oh ya for the hospital bag, I'm only using a shoulder bag size cos not much to bring (excluding hubby's barang barang).

jo1402

Jadeite, thanks for the heads up on Miine brand!

I've packed a large day bag which is soft and squishy with most of the items in clear ziplock bags. Just lacking hubby's stuff and toiletries/ make-up. Don't forget to charge your cameras! I'm planning to bring a large fluffy bathrobe for the labour as well (and socks!) because when I was talking to my doctor about my birthplan, she said that we may have to cut short the skin-to-skin bonding right after birth and put the baby under the warmer as the delivery suite at PEH is really very cold and she doesn't want him to turn blue.

Jo, what do you mean by underpad? Like a pad to put on your panty or that rubber mat to put under your bedsheet? I've heard so many horror stories from friends who woke up soaking their mattresses and since my bed is new-ish (and very dear... to me), I've been sleeping with one of those rubber mats that kids use for incontinence for a few weeks now. My friend just told me that she bought disposable waterproof sheets from Guardian, like the kind they use in hospitals, and I think that might be a better idea. I'm also going to be 36 weeks soon (this Sat) and though I haven't experienced heaviness or backache yet, I bought one of those support belts from Mothercare and started using this week. I do feel quite secure and hope to reduce backpain once it starts. I've been sleeping with my feet on a pillow ever since my MIL noticed my feet getting puffy. I never realised it myself, until I tried to put on a pair of nice sandals for a wedding haha.

Eleanor, I've also felt that spazzy feeling as well. My baby is head down and at 34 weeks, he was facing my spine (back against the front of my tummy). Previously his back was either curved against my left or right side. I noticed in scans that he likes to have his hands near his face so I usually feel a lot of little pummelling actions against my bladder if I haven't done number 1 or 2. Perhaps this is just my imagination but maybe my baby wasn't happy that he didn't have much space haha.

Is anyone trying hypnobirthing? I may have started a bit too late, hopefully I can finish the training course before I deliver.
Hi Layla,

You can find underpads being sold in Pharmacy (I bought from hospital pharmacy for $8+ for a packet of 10 pieces) and I saw Guardian has house brand too (note there is different sizes). It's just a thin piece of waterproof padding sheet that you can put under your body but above the bedsheet when you sleep to protect your mattress. Heard if your mattress gets soaked when your waterbag burst, the mattress would be spoilt. Looks something like the pic below. My colleague's fren was advised by her gynae to use adult diapers lor >.<

Eleanor

Ic..glad to know e spasms are normal..i think for me my bb is taking his own sweet time to turn..i'm 36wks tmr but dont feel any pressure at the bottom..just belly getting heavier. I still feel kicks and movements at the left side of my belly..