EDD Mar 2014

LH779

Maviss - I don't remember the name of the medical hall, it's near to Kovan MRT. I see if I still have the namecard and PM you.

backache getting bad, especially when I get up from bed... and as usual energy level dropping. take this morning, I really need to slow down as I walk from MRT to office, cause I feel so weak if I keep to my normal pace.

Last edited:

jadeite

Thomson Chinese medicine does the herbal confinement package 28 days for $400... Thinking if I should get. Cuz it comes with free consultation, the package is tailored to your body's needs.

LH779

Thomson Chinese medicine does the herbal confinement package 28 days for $400... Thinking if I should get. Cuz it comes with free consultation, the package is tailored to your body's needs.
if it's tailored to your body's needs not bad leh, cause usually TCM consultation not cheap too. And you are given the 'right' type of tonic that suit you.

the one I came across at the medical hall is like a generic one for all to take during confinement. The guy that was sharing with us told us the cost for 26 days (cause 1st few days you will be at hospital) is like about $200. They also pre-back daily dose of the red/black dates tea for you at $3 per day.

There's also a brand selling such pre-pack confinement soup over at pharmacy (I 1st saw at MT A pharmacy) for 10 days supply it's already $100+.

Last edited:

flowerie123

Congrats Mon!

Jadeite, I was checking the Thomson TCM also..
I called earlier to enquire (a brief one cos suddenly had things to attend to halfway)..
they will do a consultation for you after u deliver, and prepack 28 days worth of herbs for u.
but i wonder if the 1 time consultation after birth is enough to customise/tailor to our body condition.

LH779

Was chatting with my colleague she suddenly say something which i felt was pretty good advice.

As I intend to work till I delivery (probably only going on leave a few days before my EDD), she was asking me to at least to have my gynae letter with me in my handbag. so that in case of emergency while in office or lunch or out shopping I can immediately go hospital.

currently I pack everything in the maternity bag, but after the conversation it just seems to make sense to keep the documents in your handbag and bring along with you just in case.

jo1402

Was chatting with my colleague she suddenly say something which i felt was pretty good advice.

As I intend to work till I delivery (probably only going on leave a few days before my EDD), she was asking me to at least to have my gynae letter with me in my handbag. so that in case of emergency while in office or lunch or out shopping I can immediately go hospital.

currently I pack everything in the maternity bag, but after the conversation it just seems to make sense to keep the documents in your handbag and bring along with you just in case.
Yup, that's what my ex-colleague advised me too. She said the most impt stuff is the admission documents. Other stuff in your hospital bag can wait since they are more for discharge use.

Ytd went for my gynae check - baby has hit 2.6kg at 36 weeks 4 days =) Finally not so small =) But I'm puzzled how she could have gained 500g when I only gained 200g? anyone has idea? Hmmm... but I'm tested positive for slight GBS... Sigh... now on antibiotics for 5 days.

Eleanor

She mentioned that i can have that option as well but will have some risks..any other mummies tt bb in breech too? What are ur gynae's advise?

jadeite

Eleanor I'm in the same boat. 36 weeks and still breech. Have booked c sect for 18 march unless miracle happens and bb turns in the next two weeks /:
My gynae is not keen to do natural breech because of possible complications... Plus my bb is footling breech, worst possible position for natural delivery sigh.

Jo, I lost 500gm and baby gained 150gm in one week. Doc says mother's weight can fluctuate a little bit and not really so impt as long as bb is growing well.

Last edited:

nahj

Hi ladies i will be delivering my baby later at tmc. Currently im 39 weeks and due date on march 6. Doctor told me last tuesday (Feb 25) that my baby is big currently my baby estimated weight is 3.6kg. Doctor also check my cervix and still close and might be open 2 to 4 weeks @.@ He say even if its open chances to be CS is high as my baby is too big and theres a risk involved. Risk is if i gave birth normally, head of the baby will be out but the shoulder will be stock inside and if i still choose normal delivery it might have some complication to the shoulder & veins of the baby. 2nd option is to do emergency cs.

Me and my husband dont want to take the risks thats why we decided to do CS at TMC.

Will be updating you later once im awake from general anestesia. :)