EDD Mar 2014

jo1402

Rachie I'm in the same boat. 36 weeks and still breech. Have booked c sect for 18 march unless miracle happens and bb turns in the next two weeks /:
My gynae is not keen to do natural breech because of possible complications... Plus my bb is footling breech, worst possible position for natural delivery sigh.

Jo, I lost 500gm and baby gained 150gm in one week. Doc says mother's weight can fluctuate a little bit and not really so impt as long as bb is growing well.
Oic.. I was wondering why =)

jo1402

my bb head went dwn at week 32 and engage liao. doc say anytime from nw I will give birth

bb grew too fast, nw I gt stretch marks loh =(
Hi Rachie,

How many weeks along are u? I just hit 37 today and my dr said most likely I'll deliver mid Mar (that's abt 1 week earlier than EDD).

tpy

Hi mummies i have given birth to bb gal few days back via csec. Now back at home n baby is sleeping now. Sigh my wound till now is still painful. Sitting down, standing up going toliet to pee are the things that i dislike doing now. Can feel the strain when doing all this. Even before that i told my mum i sure will bath but now after trying one time of bathing with hubby help, it was really challenging with the wound n surgical binder on. Now i only wet dry myself n using faminine wipes to clean bottom area. Day 5 now just really wish that my actions can get back to pre pregancy stage.

tpy

Oh ya my gyne was telling my hubby after the csec that lucky i had chosen csec n not the natural birth that she suggested at week 32. My baby umbilical cord had three knots n it would be risky if i went for natural birth. No wonder last sat, i felt very violet moments for two hrs for the 1st time

maviss

Hi mummies i have given birth to bb gal few days back via csec. Now back at home n baby is sleeping now. Sigh my wound till now is still painful. Sitting down, standing up going toliet to pee are the things that i dislike doing now. Can feel the strain when doing all this. Even before that i told my mum i sure will bath but now after trying one time of bathing with hubby help, it was really challenging with the wound n surgical binder on. Now i only wet dry myself n using faminine wipes to clean bottom area. Day 5 now just really wish that my actions can get back to pre pregancy stage.
wah congrats!! I'm going to be due in another 6 more days. EDD is 6 march. but doctor say anytime now till 6 march. baby at 38 weeks was 3.2kg.

jo1402

Oh ya my gyne was telling my hubby after the csec that lucky i had chosen csec n not the natural birth that she suggested at week 32. My baby umbilical cord had three knots n it would be risky if i went for natural birth. No wonder last sat, i felt very violet moments for two hrs for the 1st time
Congrats tpy =) Hope u'll heal soon =).

I din know violent moments would be felt if there are knots in umbilical cord - is that always the case? Uh then how do we tell if baby is just moving hard or in distress?

jo1402

Don worry, bb grow very fast at last stage. I scared too big difficult to push only
That's what my gynae keeps telling me, he dun wan my baby to be too big esp that I'm a first time mum. So he estimated that she should be ard 2.9kg by birth, abt 100g gain per week.

yanti19

Hello mummies & mummies to be..march is finally here 2mr!!super excited!
Woke up today at 0730hrs and found brownish discharge on my pantyliner.

Start to feel backache and mild cramps but still bearable.Went to see gynea at 12pm to check cervix..cervix not open yet but gynea say can feel baby head very low liao.so told to go hme and to moniter contractions till it gets more intense.

Currently contractions still far apart and still bearable with aching back..n there is still brownish discharge..edd is on 10 march thou.Gynea say brownish discharge is part of the labour process and baby is still moving..so not to worry.

38 Weeks & 4days today n baby weight is 3.3kg..anybody else start to have labour symptoms already?:)

jadeite

Congrats mummies who have popped and who are starting labor!! So exciting!

Eleanor, I'm doing moxibustion at Thomson TCM to try to turn my breech baby. Hopefully it works... Otherwise I'm resigned to a c sect already!

Eleanor

The time seems to fly so fast! Congrats to those march mummies who have given birth!
Jadeite, will moxibustion still work at 37weeks? Hw much isit?
Tpy, congrats n hope u recover soon! how is the recovery aft ur csect ? We r able to take painkillers for the wound rite? Isit v painful? Care to share roughly what was ur total bill?

Last edited:

jadeite

My gynae doesn't seem too convinced that baby will turn, but the TCM doc says there is still time. Haha. The consultation plus moxibustion cost me $42, and thereafter your hubby can help you do it at home. The moxa sticks can be bought at any medical hall, just that those are usually quite smoky. The ones the clinic uses are smokeless but they only gave me one stick and told me to buy more from medical halls. It's quite simple, just burn the stick and get your husband to hold it near the joint of your little toe, at the side near the bottom of your toe nail, while you lie down. Just hold there for abt 10 mins or if it gets too hot just switch to the other foot, back and forth until about 20 mins each side. Best to do it when bb is active and preferably at night; bb will likely be more active after the session so it's good if you can sleep afterward as lying down will give bb more room to move about and hopefully flip. You can read more abt the procedure online (;

Eleanor

Icic..so u will have to do e moxibustion everyday till baby turns? So far do u feel ur bb moving vigorously after u hv done it? My gynae also doesnt think my bb will turn already..