Edd march 2012

mikka

when to start taking leave from work, i am planning to go on annual + maternity leave or mc if gynae will give from 37 weeks onwards.... is it too early?

I think you can find it all year long in the durian stall at geylang.. if I am not mistaken.. YOu can also refer to the following chart to see the average baby weight at different weeks. Average fetal length and weight chart | BabyCenter

I also intend to take some durian after check up on week 31 if my glucose level is permit and see what is the weight of baby.. need to do glucose test next week .. pray hard everything is fine.

Now still durian season meh???

pamm

Hi ppl :]

My baby is on a big size... at 32 wks he was 2.4kg @_@
But mostly I eat lots of protein... eg huge serving of chicken, fish, pork
And drink milk lor... All kena forced by kiasu hubby

Ask you all, anyone bought breast pump already? Or should we buy after baby born? Me intend to BF for at least a year.
I'm looking at Ameda, Avent, Medala, Ardo.... which one to get?

Wai Tze

Ask you all, anyone bought breast pump already? Or should we buy after baby born? Me intend to BF for at least a year.
Ya... My kiasu husband also asked me to drink milk 3 times daily and monitor baby weight. Going back for check up tmr for my 37 week. Let's see any improvement.

I bought medela freestyle.

I heard you can try out different type of pump at Thomson for $17.50 then decide what to buy after baby is born and once you have confirm you want to breastfeed for longterm otherwise it is no worth to spent a few hundred dollars to buy a pump. I havent buy yet as only can try the pump after wk 37..

pehfam

I have a hand me down Medala PISA, just need to replace certain parts ( bot the parts from Gmarket). Tested it, feels quite alright... You can try getting it from Gmarket, lots cheaper from buying at the local store.

Wai Tze

Ya... My kiasu husband also asked me to drink milk 3 times daily and monitor baby weight. Going back for check up tmr for my 37 week. Let's see any improvement.

I bought medela freestyle.

Drinking milk helps on baby weight. My 36 weeks baby is 2.6kg. Just went for 37 weeks check up and baby is 3.1kg now!

katsg

long time never post liao. been very busy with the preparation for my baby's arrival. last sat went to see gynae and she's 35 weeks old, however head is 37th week.....weight is 2.5kg, wonder if she's abit too light?

my wife been experiencing contraction-like pains which i think shld be braxton hicks at work.
I just went to see gynae today at 37 weeks and my baby is 2.45kg. I think your baby is growing fine...:)

themissus

-

finally... finished packing my own hospital bag... including 2 sets of clean clothes for hubby... in case he need to shower when rooming-in with me during hosp stay... he will take 3 straight days of paternity leave if i give birth

i remember hubby did use the shower premises in the attached bathroom of my single-bedded ward, when i gave birth to my 1st child few years ago... so i got packed some clean clothes for hubby... anyway they got provide 2 bath towels inside the bathroom... just nice for 2 persons use

i stayed in hospital for total of 2.5 days... and we checked out by early afternoon on 3rd day... i only bathed in hosp on day of discharge... wanted to feel fresh and clean before leaving hosp :eek:13:

also got packed marriage cert and hubby bank book in separate document bag... together with my antenatal checkup card and outpatient appt card... added 1 box of chicken essence too

for baby... i only pack a set of newborn clothing to wear on day of discharge... baby wet wipes, diapers and swaddling cloth are all provided by hospital

so scared i might give birth earlier than expected :eek:15:
march is fast approaching
better get everything done by end feb :eek:11:

i luv the
SEBAMED liquid face and body wash... it can wash both body and face... very gd... 2 in 1... no nd bring facial cleanser... just perfect for hosp stay :001_302:
Ah, you've just reminded me abt the bank book! Have yet to pack it in my bag. Also, may I ask which hospital u stayed at? I'll be staying at Mt Alvernia, single bedded, but I missed the hospital tour coz my hubby was sick, so I'm not sure if they'll provide towels and such. Dya think I can just call them up to ask?

Also, I'll be looking out for the Sebamed you've recommended! I was planning to just bring facial wash, but not sure if hosp will provide toiletries. Better be on the safe side.

My edd is 20mar, but gynae said maybe wnt wait that long (I'm already 37wks) since baby's on the big side, so I'm packing up as fast as I can, coz I'm scared it's gonna be early too!

Wai Tze

Ah, you've just reminded me abt the bank book! Have yet to pack it in my bag. Also, may I ask which hospital u stayed at? I'll be staying at Mt Alvernia, single bedded, but I missed the hospital tour coz my hubby was sick, so I'm not sure if they'll provide towels and such. Dya think I can just call them up to ask?

Also, I'll be looking out for the Sebamed you've recommended! I was planning to just bring facial wash, but not sure if hosp will provide toiletries. Better be on the safe side.

My edd is 20mar, but gynae said maybe wnt wait that long (I'm already 37wks) since baby's on the big side, so I'm packing up as fast as I can, coz I'm scared it's gonna be early too!

Why do we need to bring bank book?

katsg

Can't imagine all of us here have gone to this far now and expecting our newborn soon...anyone go give birth liao must remember to update us on the good news wor. I've also starting to pack my hospital bag already...:)

katsg

-

finally... finished packing my own hospital bag... including 2 sets of clean clothes for hubby... in case he need to shower when rooming-in with me during hospital stay... he will take 3 straight days of paternity leave if i give birth

i remember hubby did use the shower premises in the attached bathroom of my single-bedded ward, when i gave birth to my 1st child few years ago... so i got packed some clean clothes for hubby... anyway they got provide 2 bath towels inside the bathroom... just nice for 2 persons use

i stayed in hospital for total of 2.5 days... and we checked out by early afternoon on 3rd day... i only bathed in hospital on day of discharge... wanted to feel fresh and clean before leaving hospital :eek:13:

also got packed marriage cert and hubby bank book in separate document bag... together with my antenatal checkup card and outpatient appt card... added 1 box of chicken essence too

for baby... i only pack a set of newborn clothing to wear on day of discharge... baby wet wipes, diapers and swaddling cloth are all provided by hospital

so scared i might give birth earlier than expected :eek:15:
march is fast approaching
better get everything done by end feb :eek:11:

i luv the
SEBAMED liquid face and body wash... it can wash both body and face... very good... 2 in 1... no need bring facial cleanser... just perfect for hospital stay :001_302:
By the way, need to bring the original bank book or just a photocopy of the front account page will do? Thanks!

themissus

Hi March mummies,
Nice to see this thread so active. I'd like to join. I'm now 36+ weeks - Hospital Mount A. This is my #2. Anyone same boat as me? Though it's my #2, I found myself forgot what I've went through already. I think I should start packing hospital bag.. :)
Hi anewmummy! I'm same as you, my edd is 20mar; you? I opted for single-bedded at mount A. Yes, you shd start packing already! Do you know what mt A will be providing? I just know that they wnt be providing nightgown (only the hospital tie-back gowns), so be sure to bring your own to feel comfy. I'm a first-time mummy, so I'm pretty kiasu and kancheong. Haha

pehfam

Hi Hi just a quick check for those giving birth at Thomson Medical Center, did you guys fill in any pre-admission forms? Only gave a one pager to my doc about a month ago to book the bed ( the one that ask what kind of room/bed you request ) My hubby is utterly hopless at forms and i'm the one filling in all forms for him, so am hoping if possible to get all forms etc to be filled up rather than doing it at the hosiptal while having to go through labour pain!!!!:wong11: