Edd march 2012

sherin86

i can understand all ur pain even tho i have hired CL and also have maid to help me...>.<

my own issue is with my mum, my mum came from Taiwan to SG to stay for a mth to see her grandkids and also take care of me, but as Taiwan traditions are different from SG or different from my CL, she then created many problems for me. My husband actually requested to work at home this mth to help so i can have enough rest, but because of my problematic mum, I have to be awake to keep an eye on her so that she wont make things difficult for CL and maid when my hubby went out to do grocery shopping. She stayed at my place for only 6 days, almost everyday she either rebuke my CL or insist want us to follow her way which make CL v confused. A v gd eg, my mum insisted babies to cover with 2-3 layers of cloth without switch on e fan, as she said if not babies will catch cold, but ended up we were scolded by nurse when we bring kids to see PD, nurse said we covered babies with too many layers to make them have heat rashes all over, upon hearing what nurse said, my mum kept quiet and nothing to say................now my mum has left my place, e amt of rest i have in 2 days was more than what i have in those 6 days she was with us...tho it's sad to say that, but i am more relax without her ard >.<

to all mummies, rest enough and do ur best...dont worry abt milk supply or stress urself, it will not only affect urself but also ur e
other half, so stay cheerful and be a happy mum to ur babies!!! =)
Haiz.being a ftm alrdy nt easy..yet our parents give us stress..I feel lk I gg crazy alrdy.I'm afraid of haven post natal depression sia..my mum is juz so stubborn..then she will say..u go ask ard who will fo like this..then will also say my mil will nt b happy..but I knw my mil is nt as traditional as her..haiz..

sherin86

last feed at 11pm-12am i gave formula , ard 50-60ml my baby is a small eater so she's taking lesser den normal babies .. den her next feed will be 6-7am ..

most of the babies dont sleep thro out the nite cos usually babies drink at every 2hr - 4hr and they still cant differ nite and day , so don worry .. just have to survive the peak period of the first mth .. jiayou =)

it wont be a long term period , wen baby grow up the time they wake up at middle of the nite will reduce and gradually sleep thro the nite le =) just jiayou !

mummies , jiayou .. i know its not easy to cope with a new role of mummy as a first time mom and to add on bf-ing which dont seems easy and the strict confinement rules but its all for the good of urself =)

try to get some slp in daytime wenever baby is sleeping so u girls can get enuff rest =D
Oh.I tried giving her 120ml ytd.but apparently she will only drink 60ml..haiz..I hope everythig will go kn smoothly.

Any mummies realise or knw why on the scalp of nb will hav little white spots?and it's only the front..the rest of the scalp dun .I find it weird.

xiaodaisy

Oh.I tried giving her 120ml ytd.but apparently she will only drink 60ml..haiz..I hope everythig will go kn smoothly.

Any mummies realise or knw why on the scalp of nb will hav little white spots?and it's only the front..the rest of the scalp dun .I find it weird.
don worry , wen baby get bigger , everything will get better , unhappy don keep to urself , find someone to talk to ,be happy n don be stress =)

the spots might be cradle cap , its normal for newborn to have that , u can either use olive oil , cradle cap shampoo to get rid of them =)

pehfam

Hi mommies, any of your baby having frequent hiccups?? My baby started to have hiccups few days ago when I try to bottle feed him. CL told me because I didn't burp him properly n walk off ( Shouldn't she at least offer some help or teach me the "right" way?!? @-@ ) Since then I leave the feeding to CL but notice he still continue to have hiccups!( twice yesterday!) asked CL, she say all babies are like that!!!! How????

hayashi43

Hi mommies, any of your baby having frequent hiccups?? My baby started to have hiccups few days ago when I try to bottle feed him. CL told me because I didn't burp him properly n walk off ( Shouldn't she at least offer some help or teach me the "right" way?!? @-@ ) Since then I leave the feeding to CL but notice he still continue to have hiccups!( twice yesterday!) asked CL, she say all babies are like that!!!! How????

my babies too have hiccup even we have burped them after feeding, hubby did check PD previously and was told that it's normal.
But whenever we heard babies hiccup, we'll try to carry them and pat them for a while, cos tho it might be normal but babies wont feel comfortable

Jaycee

my babies too have hiccup even we have burped them after feeding, hubby did check PD previously and was told that it's normal.
But whenever we heard babies hiccup, we'll try to carry them and pat them for a while, cos tho it might be normal but babies wont feel comfortable
My baby has very frequent hiccups.. Even when he was still in my tummy, i can feel his hiccups very often.

It occurs almost after ever feed even after burping.. PD says its alright and nothing much we can do to stop it.. still very heart pain to hear it as its quite loud..

katsg

My baby has very frequent hiccups.. Even when he was still in my tummy, i can feel his hiccups very often.

It occurs almost after ever feed even after burping.. PD says its alright and nothing much we can do to stop it.. still very heart pain to hear it as its quite loud..
My baby also sometimes will have hiccups after I tried burping him. But you can let him drink some water and the hiccups will be gone...:)

hayashi43

My baby also sometimes will have hiccups after I tried burping him. But you can let him drink some water and the hiccups will be gone...:)
can we feed new born baby with water? consultant from TMC said after 6 mths, but actu my mum said it's ok to feed some...so how ah?

xiaodaisy

Hiccups r normal, if mummies allow den feed some water.. if not just leave it meanwhile talk to them if u think they would feel uncomfortable..

Less den 10 ml per day should be ok, but
it's still up to urself..

Last edited:

pehfam

Ok, glad to know the hiccups are normal, but like what Jaycee said, it's quite heart pain when you see his whole tiny body shake each time he hiccups...

Wai Tze

Ok, glad to know the hiccups are normal, but like what Jaycee said, it's quite heart pain when you see his whole tiny body shake each time he hiccups...
My baby also has hiccups very often. Can be few times a day. At first I didn't want to give him water but seeing him so uncomfortable, I will give some to him occasionally.

katsg

I was told by LC tt I can't use hot towel for blocked ducts.as the blood flow at or breast area is alrdy very fast.if use hot towel, it will make the blood flow faster and might burst the vessel..I dunno lei.

I also can't slp thru the night. I want to cause now we need to hav lots of rest..ESP when my hubb needs to work the next day and I din hire any CL as my mum is helping me for my confinement.but they are old, I can't keep waking them up to help me feed her.I also in the lost..how..haiz..had so many disagreement with my mum as she had an old traditional mindset..haiz..:( feeling so sad yet angry.
Me too...can't sleep throughout the night. Start to have dark eye circles liao...how? @@

Irenecwh

jamu massage

Hi mummies! Anyone knows how long after giving birth then we can start on jamu massage? I delivered through Caesarian and doc say must wait at least half a year. But I called up mdm katijah and she says 15days later we can start massaging. So which one shld I listen to?

hayashi43

Re: jamu massage

Hi mummies! Anyone knows how long after giving birth then we can start on jamu massage? I delivered through Caesarian and doc say must wait at least half a year. But I called up mdm katijah and she says 15days later we can start massaging. So which one shld I listen to?

I checked with my gynae last wk when i went back for follow-up, she also said after 2 wks shd be ok.
But i intend to wait after 1 mth, cos now wound still quite "fragile" >.<

Food For Totz

<b>Worthy Lady</b>
Breastfeeding Related Products

Re: NANNY BreastMilk Storage Bags, PIGEON Breast Pads & MaLUNGGay Tea

Hi :)

If you are looking for affordable and reliable breastmilk storage bags for your breast milk storage needs, look no further, we @ Food For Totz are the Sole Distributor of NANNY Breastmilk Storage Bags. Our Nanny Milk Bags are pre-sterilised by gamma-ray, a high technology which other brands available locally are not capable of using.

Check out our promotion :

Best Quality & Most Economical Breastmilk Storage Bags, NANNY

Join our facebook for fantastic deals from time to time :

Like Us at :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Food-f...315462?sk=wall

Friend Us at : http://www.facebook.com/FoodforTotz#!/FoodforTotz

SUPPORT & INCREASE BREAST MILK PRODUCTION - MALUNGGAY TEA, highly
recommended :

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/...duction-63324/

More information available at http://www.malunggayherbtea.com/

Please bookmark the above websites for future needs.

Thank you for your attention :D

Best Regards

Last edited:

leesc

Re: Breastfeeding Related Products

Hi moms,

Any babies out there experience jaundice? My girl having jaundice and the level increased from 165 to 190. Thinking whether should I stop breast feed her to reduce the level. Or i should stop taking ginger.

Seeing her face bit yellowish really feel heart pain.
Any gd advise pls?

Irenecwh

My baby also have slight jaundice. Every morning my MIL bring him under the sun at abt 8+ 9am. 30mins for the front body and 30mins for the back. Use hanky to cover the eyes. If feel that the sun too strong then bring him in.
I bf too. So I don't take too much Ginger. I just add abit of Ginger in my red date tea and in soup. Other than that I don't eat Ginger like that. U try to cut down on Ginger intake and see how it goes?
If u tried those ways and baby jaundice still high, I suggest u bring baby to PD better. It's better to seek professional help. :)

sherin86

Hi moms,

Any babies out there experience jaundice? My girl having jaundice and the level increased from 165 to 190. Thinking whether should I stop breast feed her to reduce the level. Or i should stop taking ginger.

Seeing her face bit yellowish really feel heart pain
Any gd advise pls?
How to know the lvl of jaundice when at hm?my bb has super slight jaundice.my mil suggested my mum to use 7 red dates to boil in water and let the bb drink 2-3 times a day till the jaundice subside..in the mean time, my mum actually bring her out in the morning ard 9+ for abt 10 mins..and it seems to get better..:)

sherin86

Me too...can't sleep throughout the night. Start to have dark eye circles liao...how? @@
I try to catch as many slp as possible during the day when my parents are awake..but next mth I'll b alone..haiz...I also dunno what can I do...juz hoping everyday tt my bb will slp thru the night.

leesc

How to know the lvl of jaundice when at hm?my bb has super slight jaundice.my mil suggested my mum to use 7 red dates to boil in water and let the bb drink 2-3 times a day till the jaundice subside..in the mean time, my mum actually bring her out in the morning ard 9+ for abt 10 mins..and it seems to get better..:)
Brought bb to clinic to check the jaundice fr monitoring. doc not advised to bring bb to morning sun. tml need to bring her fr review again, hopefully the Lvl will be lowered.

Did u stop breast feed bb o reduce the jaundice level