Edd march 2012

Jaycee

Gosh, now my bb knows how to flip already he accidentally flip himself twice in the middle of the night and cry as he can't flip back. Then I had to give him a bottle feed to make him sleep back. Anyone's bb aso like that now and any solution to prevent bb from flipping in the cot? @@
I put pillows around my bb.. He is used to sleeping on his tummy but sometimes I put him on his side and support him with a pillow..

Jaycee

Just brought my son for his jab recently..And also his Rotavirus.. He's now 7.7kg and his length suddenly shoot up by 5cm in a month to 66cm..

His bottom tooth has erupted an the top 2 are coming out soon.. Now when I'm breastfeeding, very scared that he start biting cos it's extremely painful..:(

pehfam

I bought bellamy rice powder in an organic shop in Harbourfront Centre, it's near mothercare, u may wanna give it a try if u cant find it anywhere near ur place. From what i remembered since last visit, they have quite alot of range of bb food starting from 4th mth.

my twins are on half breastmilk and formula, and they have NOT been passing motion everyday since 3rd mth, nowadays record is abt poo once every 5-6 days. Checked with my PD many times, he said as long as not hard stool and its pasty kind with no blood, then is ok..monday went back for injection, he said can feed bb diluted prune juice and see if constipation getting better.

my twins nowadays sleep less in e day, but will have their power sleep after evening feed, no matter breastmilk or FM, they can sleep from 6+ pm till 11-12 am, then after 12 am feeding, they can last another 5 hours at least till 5 am. But 1 thing v funny, both bb no matter they are fed at 5 am or 6 am, they will auto wake up ard 7 am...alarm clocks...=P

they have been on this routine since 3-4 mth old, so nowadays if we r bring them out, we will usually reach home by 6+ pm, so wont disrupt their schedules.

my elder twin doesnt use pacificer, no matter how we tried, he just dont like, and somehow e younger twin who takes pacifier sleep better and more soundly...so maybe can try using pacifier

thanks! my mil got me the home maked rice cereals instead! my bb sleeping pattern very similiar to yrs, KO ard 8pm, wake up once ard 12-2am, next round 4-6am, after tat SURE wake up at 7am (@ @ )

hayashi43

I put pillows around my bb.. He is used to sleeping on his tummy but sometimes I put him on his side and support him with a pillow..

have to agree that flipping made us happy and yet worried, happy because its a milestone of their development, worried because more safety measures need to be taken. For me, both my twins can flip around 4+ mth, we usually put baby bolsters and bean pillows on them so that their movements can alert us esp at night. Currently, babies are co-sleeping with us and maid, but have been hearing different stories of good and bad about co-sleeping...wonder how most mummies adopted? do u all sleep with babies or leave them to sleep on their own?

pehfam

mommies who are feeding yr bb with semi-solids, can i check how much milk yr bb is taking and how much soild?? I started semi-solid recently n my bb LOVES it! ( he actually finish 2 small bowls n still looking out for more ) but his milk intake drop to 400ml for that day ( 200ml in the day n bal at night ) after 3 days I decided to stop semi-solids cos feel tat milk should be his main source of food ( did slowly go back but still taking less than before...) how???

pehfam

have to agree that flipping made us happy and yet worried, happy because its a milestone of their development, worried because more safety measures need to be taken. For me, both my twins can flip around 4+ mth, we usually put baby bolsters and bean pillows on them so that their movements can alert us esp at night. Currently, babies are co-sleeping with us and maid, but have been hearing different stories of good and bad about co-sleeping...wonder how most mummies adopted? do u all sleep with babies or leave them to sleep on their own?
my boy started to move around alot during his sleep ( one night caught him sleeping face down!!! ) In his baby cot we only have 1 bolsters, bean pillow and 1 pillow ( which will be all over the cot in the day ) Honestly I am worry abt him flipping down during his sleep too ( Cos till date he still dunno how to flip back ) As he is sleeping with my helper ( my maid sleep on the floor but in his room) my helper will sometimes help to move him back to position when she hear nosies... guess have to wait for them to outgrow this stage.

Honestly if my bb can sleep throught ( still praying for that day to come ) I would prefer for him to sleep alone in his room. He is now sharing room with my maid and at night when bb wake up to play my helper will put him next to her on the floor and both of them will end up sleeping on the floor together... guess there is both pro and con in co-sleeping, it's up to the parents to decided what they are comfortable with.

my boy started to move around alot during his sleep ( one night caught him sleeping face down!!! ) In his baby cot we only have 1 bolsters, bean pillow and 1 pillow ( which will be all over the cot in the day ) Honestly I am worry abt him flipping down during his sleep too ( Cos till date he still dunno how to flip back ) As he is sleeping with my helper ( my maid sleep on the floor but in his room) my helper will sometimes help to move him back to position when she hear nosies... guess have to wait for them to outgrow this stage.

Honestly if my bb can sleep throught ( still praying for that day to come ) I would prefer for him to sleep alone in his room. He is now sharing room with my maid and at night when bb wake up to play my helper will put him next to her on the floor and both of them will end up sleeping on the floor together... guess there is both pro and con in co-sleeping, it's up to the parents to decided what they are comfortable with.
Pretty much not of a choice for me though. In laws stay with me so one room gone. Got a helper to help my MIL with caregiving, another room gone. Refused for baby to room in with helper so she sleeps in her cot in my room. But at 5am, she will get very grouchy & refused to sleep but all will be well when she's sleeps in with me and husband. She can sleep through the night, in that she doesn't need her night feed anymore. Been a headache and wonder how can I ever plan for a 2nd one. :nah:

Jaycee

My bb sleeps in his own cot and in his own room alone..I can hear his anklet ringing if he wakes up.. I have no helper and I don't stay with my parents. My mummy friends have expressed surprise that he sleeps on his own but they also complain that now their babies are like so used to sleeping with them that they do not want their own bed..most sleep in between e parents, so how to have second child?

katsg

Pretty much not of a choice for me though. In laws stay with me so one room gone. Got a helper to help my MIL with caregiving, another room gone. Refused for baby to room in with helper so she sleeps in her cot in my room. But at 5am, she will get very grouchy & refused to sleep but all will be well when she's sleeps in with me and husband. She can sleep through the night, in that she doesn't need her night feed anymore. Been a headache and wonder how can I ever plan for a 2nd one. :nah:
Haha, I'm not even thinking of 2nd one at the moment. One is more of a headache liao...:p

feathers

For those whose babies are not sleeping thru yet can try to train them? I learn from friends that if baby wake up and whine abit, ignore. Whine somemore, try pacifier first. If really cannot then feed. Don't rush to feed them and soon they learn that there is no milk at night and thus, stop waking up for it. My girl refuse pacifier, I just ignore her when she whine and within 3 days she stop whining in her sleep and sleep through to next morning.

My girl sleep between me and hubby and we have bad sleeping habit, sleep at 2am so baby also sleep late, at 1am. She can either sleep till 7am for sleep latch or all the way to 10am. I considered the pros and cons of co-sleeping with baby and decided to let her join us on bed. There are studies that show babies who co-sleep with parents grow up to be happier, more confident individual although it takes a year longer to train them to sleep on their own eventually. I'm fine with taking more time, many friends also said that when their kids grow up, one fine day they will announce that they want their own bed!! Its usually the parents who lose sleep over missing their kids in bed. Haha!!

I'm not so concern about baby sleeping tummy down now as their neck is strong enough to turn and lift up if they can't breath. Even when they can't flip back, they can turn to side to breath and wait for "rescue". Once I found my girl sleeping face down too but her hands are supporting her forehead so her face is not really flat on the mattress. Babies are quite smart, they will find a comfy spot else they will keep moving till they get comfy. =)

I'm feeding Happy Bellies brown rice cereal. I bought it from the shop outside mothercare at paragon. Buying online is cheaper but just getting one tin to try so doesn't matter to me. I saw Bellamy at Cold Storage at Vivo City too. Can check it out?

My girl poo once every 4 or 5 days even. If I fill her pool for her, she can poo that day or the next day. Where can we get prune juice suitable for baby's consumption?

Last edited:

pehfam

my bb had fever on his first few jabs, so for the last one ( taken when he turn 5mth ) I feed him barley water one day before jab. He was ok, no fever no crankiness,. Maybe you can try when bb is going for his next jab.

Oh I cook the barley water with no sugar first, take out a small portion for bb then add sugar into the bal for the adults :)

pehfam

Ya my friend was telling me can train bb to sleep throught at night. I did thought about it but decieded not to cos my bb don't really drink alot in the day, so he need the two night feeding, total consumption about 800-900ml... well, just take one step at a time, am sure one day they will grow out of it

pehfam

For those whose babies are not sleeping thru yet can try to train them? I learn from friends that if baby wake up and whine abit, ignore. Whine somemore, try pacifier first. If really cannot then feed. Don't rush to feed them and soon they learn that there is no milk at night and thus, stop waking up for it. My girl refuse pacifier, I just ignore her when she whine and within 3 days she stop whining in her sleep and sleep through to next morning.

My girl sleep between me and hubby and we have bad sleeping habit, sleep at 2am so baby also sleep late, at 1am. She can either sleep till 7am for sleep latch or all the way to 10am. I considered the pros and cons of co-sleeping with baby and decided to let her join us on bed. There are studies that show babies who co-sleep with parents grow up to be happier, more confident individual although it takes a year longer to train them to sleep on their own eventually. I'm fine with taking more time, many friends also said that when their kids grow up, one fine day they will announce that they want their own bed!! Its usually the parents who lose sleep over missing their kids in bed. Haha!!

I'm not so concern about baby sleeping tummy down now as their neck is strong enough to turn and lift up if they can't breath. Even when they can't flip back, they can turn to side to breath and wait for "rescue". Once I found my girl sleeping face down too but her hands are supporting her forehead so her face is not really flat on the mattress. Babies are quite smart, they will find a comfy spot else they will keep moving till they get comfy. =)

I'm feeding Happy Bellies brown rice cereal. I bought it from the shop outside mothercare at paragon. Buying online is cheaper but just getting one tin to try so doesn't matter to me. I saw Bellamy at Cold Storage at Vivo City too. Can check it out?

My girl poo once every 4 or 5 days even. If I fill her pool for her, she can poo that day or the next day. Where can we get prune juice suitable for baby's consumption?
I saw in NTUC finest, the section where they place all the organic food, there's prune juice for babies :)

Stay

For parents who have started on cereals, may I know what is the ratio of cereal to milk that you are adding? I'm currently doing 10ml of cereal to 40ml of milk. It's very watery and taking very long to feed.

katsg

For parents who have started on cereals, may I know what is the ratio of cereal to milk that you are adding? I'm currently doing 10ml of cereal to 40ml of milk. It's very watery and taking very long to feed.
I thot there should be instructions printed on the tin? Some cereals I know already contains milk so it is not needed to add milk to it anymore...:)