EDD May 2011

whomovedmycheese

You know, my baby had very mild jaundice then my CL boiled rice water and 7 red dates for her to drink then she seems to be much better.. Don't know if it really worked..

lsy

Me.. but mine is usually set at the moisture absorbing mode at 25 -26 degrees.. not that cold de..
Azzzima i think im same like u. Initially no aircon. Table fan not blowing at me either. My sis in law say aircon no good. Mom say use aircon to cool the room before sleep n blow another direction Set at 25-26 too.
Blow fan also another direction. Mom say fan air nevermind but not wind from outside.

lsy

You know, my baby had very mild jaundice then my CL boiled rice water and 7 red dates for her to drink then she seems to be much better.. Don't know if it really worked..
My baby slight yellow around 8 when discharged. Follow up at 7 days is below 10. So no jaundice threat. Never shower her with anything other than guiness stout lol. I guess could be there's a difference for full term babies lesser jaundice.

lsy

She didn't cook any alcoholic thing for me yet. Coz she say I bf, whatever I take in baby will take in. If want, probably later on.

Err.. So far I only drank once.. But I really take a lot of fluid. Every lunch time she make mee sua or bee hoon for me and add a lot of pig kidney and/or liver, vege, threadfin meat and also ma you. Dinner time, I eat rice with dishes like vege, a soup, cod fish etc. Every meal definitely have fish. Night time, she will boil some herbal soup for me. So far the soup is different and I don't really know what I am drinking.

This morning I drank a bottle of chicken of essence, and she just passed me a bottle of bird nest to drink.
Not bad le ur CL stuffed u with liquid n support ur bf

whomovedmycheese

My baby slight yellow around 8 when discharged. Follow up at 7 days is below 10. So no jaundice threat. Never shower her with anything other than guiness stout lol. I guess could be there's a difference for full term babies lesser jaundice.
Hehe my CL is going to bathe her in guiness stout soon too.. I never heard of such practice.. What is it for?

whomovedmycheese

Not bad le ur CL stuffed u with liquid n support ur bf
Hmmm... somehow I don't think she really support my bf.. Like when I told her my baby didn't burp too loud after a feed and she say coz she never drink much etc.. You know.. my baby is feeding about 60ml on bottle le. Yesterday I went for lactation consultant and she said baby 1 week old should be feeding about 35-40ml only.

The good thing about CL is she will cook all the necessary food to nourish your body.. the bad thing is if she isn't really pro latching on, then she will say all these things which after listening, you don't feel good. The worst thing is.. if your MIL listens and believes in what she say! You know right, old people always very scared baby not enough food to eat.

Recently, I have been a bit upset about what things people say. Maybe it's the hormones. They are not very encouraging about latching on. The funny part is, the people who say all these things are people who have never breastfed or latch on themselves or even have a child their own. My friends who have breastfed and direct latch on on the other hand are very encouraging.

lsy

Hmmm... somehow I don't think she really support my bf.. Like when I told her my baby didn't burp too loud after a feed and she say coz she never drink much etc.. You know.. my baby is feeding about 60ml on bottle le. Yesterday I went for lactation consultant and she said baby 1 week old should be feeding about 35-40ml only.

The good thing about CL is she will cook all the necessary food to nourish your body.. the bad thing is if she isn't really pro latching on, then she will say all these things which after listening, you don't feel good. The worst thing is.. if your MIL listens and believes in what she say! You know right, old people always very scared baby not enough food to eat.

Recently, I have been a bit upset about what things people say. Maybe it's the hormones. They are not very encouraging about latching on. The funny part is, the people who say all these things are people who have never breastfed or latch on themselves or even have a child their own. My friends who have breastfed and direct latch on on the other hand are very encouraging.
Ya I understand the feeling coz sometimes my mom says the same thing however I'm glad she is ok with me tryIng on bf. We will hear things like "not full enough of coz will cry". She prefer me to pump so that after latch on not satisfied still got spare to feed her and confirm she is full. Full go to sleep rather than suck until tired fall asleep. To me it was like if I can pump that much n she is full how can we say she latch on n empty my breast she is not full le. My sis on the other hand pro bf, keep asking me to feed on demand n dun let baby sleep too long.
By the way my baby 3rd day already drinks 40ml. Bf support says between 40-60 ml le.

whomovedmycheese

Ya I understand the feeling coz sometimes my mom says the same thing however I'm glad she is ok with me tryIng on bf. We will hear things like "not full enough of coz will cry". She prefer me to pump so that after latch on not satisfied still got spare to feed her and confirm she is full. Full go to sleep rather than suck until tired fall asleep. To me it was like if I can pump that much n she is full how can we say she latch on n empty my breast she is not full le. My sis on the other hand pro bf, keep asking me to feed on demand n dun let baby sleep too long.
By the way my baby 3rd day already drinks 40ml. Bf support says between 40-60 ml le.
Ya.. coz I leak quite a lot, when I am feeding on one side, I have to put another bottle on the other. There was once I leaked nearly 70 ml while she sucked on the other side. So I said this side leak till so much le, surely she also drank about that much the other side right?

esther kuan

thanks sparklingstars n whomovedmycheese!
think his full head of hair is due to him being overdue!
when doc delivered him, he too exclaimed 'look at his hair!'
hope it doesn't fall out in patches, then i won't shave off when he's month old.

im going for jaundice check again tml.
doc says if mum n baby same blood group, chances of jaundice is lower.
and also to minimise intake of ginger n certain chinese herbs.

my mum-in-law also asked me to bathe him w 1/3 can of stout but my hubby refused lor.
my mum, funnily, has never heard of such a practice so she has no comments.

lsy

thanks sparklingstars n whomovedmycheese!
think his full head of hair is due to him being overdue!
when doc delivered him, he too exclaimed 'look at his hair!'
hope it doesn't fall out in patches, then i won't shave off when he's month old.

im going for jaundice check again tml.
doc says if mum n baby same blood group, chances of jaundice is lower.
and also to minimise intake of ginger n certain chinese herbs.

my mum-in-law also asked me to bathe him w 1/3 can of stout but my hubby refused lor.
my mum, funnily, has never heard of such a practice so she has no comments.
My girl n I different blood group. She has same blood group as daddy.
the difference my mom observed in babies that she baby-sitted , those that bath with stout have better skin recovery in terms of insEct bite etc. Some kids tend to have big red patches when sting by mosquito whereas some only 1 red dot.
Dunno how true but me myself has been bath with stout when I was a baby. So no harm trying.

whomovedmycheese

My girl n I different blood group. She has same blood group as daddy.
the difference my mom observed in babies that she baby-sitted , those that bath with stout have better skin recovery in terms of insEct bite etc. Some kids tend to have big red patches when sting by mosquito whereas some only 1 red dot.
Dunno how true but me myself has been bath with stout when I was a baby. So no harm trying.
My girl also different blood group as me. She is a daddy's girl, same blood group as daddy.

lsy

Do yr babies like to whine?

Mine really like to, ESP from 5-7am. Now finally she stopped, and I can go zzzz
Got specific timing? Colicky?
My girl whines when she needs to burp. I still suspect she's taking too much fore milk coz her stool still green. Now getting yellowish green.
Her poo is foamy too so guess she have lots of wind. Trying hard to let her complete 1 breast.
At night when she wants to drink and at the same time want to burp is the difficult part. Need to sit up n burp her. Either me or my mom will do it.

Anyone have any idea how to treat milk blister?

lsy

Hi isy
How to we tell bby is colicky?
She whines, not the cry type.

What is blister?
Read that colicky babies will cry at specified time everyday without any reason.
But I guess it all goes down to wind or gas in stomach.
I'm having some milk blister on my nipple. White color 1 dot.

casshong

Hi all, I've delivered my bb boy on mat 23 via emergency c sec. I was induced the nite before. Then next day doc broke water bag n I went into labor for 5 hours. It was extremely painful as i didn't want any pain relief. But, during last 30mins, doc found bb heartbeat fall every time I have contractions.. So, went for c sec. Found out that bb cord was around his shoulder! Good thing doc suggested c sec. My boy is 2.74kg. I've been bf since then. But my supply is so low that i supplement with fm. I've been drinking so much red date water n soup. How do i increase supply? Also my nipples r v sore. Help!

lsy

Hi all, I've delivered my bb boy on mat 23 via emergency c sec. I was induced the nite before. Then next day doc broke water bag n I went into labor for 5 hours. It was extremely painful as i didn't want any pain relief. But, during last 30mins, doc found bb heartbeat fall every time I have contractions.. So, went for c sec. Found out that bb cord was around his shoulder! Good thing doc suggested c sec. My boy is 2.74kg. I've been bf since then. But my supply is so low that i supplement with fm. I've been drinking so much red date water n soup. How do i increase supply? Also my nipples r v sore. Help!
How frequent are ur feeding? They always say demand = supply. My cousin actually feed every half an hour for the first week. I didnt know need to be that frequent initially and 1st week on supplement fm as well. Now fully on bm.

lsy

update...

1# taboo - 1st May - Mount A - Msian CL $2K - 21st April
2# penguinna - 4th May - Thomson Medical Center - Mum in law CL - 11th May
3# i1babes - 5th May - Mount A - Msian CL $2200 - 11th May induce w epi 3.120kg
4# azzzima - 8th May - KK Hospital - 19th April Girl all natural
5# isy - 9th May - Thomson Medical Center - Mum as CL - 12th May Girl 3.275kg, natural w/o epi
6# izanyzam - 12th May - Thomson Medical Center - Mum in law as CL - 5th May
7# yahyen - 13th May - Mount A - Mum as CL - 27th April
8# jocpt - 18th May - Parkway East Hospital
9# esther - 18th May - TPS@ KK Hospital - Mum as CL - 28th May Boy 3.3kg
10# sparklingstars - 21st May - KK Hospital - Mum in law as CL - 10th May
11# icejelly2010 - 22nd May - Thomson Medical Center - Mum in law as CL- 19th May natural with epi
12# whomovedmycheese - 25th May - Thomson Medical Center - Msian CL $2K - 24th May Girl 2.925 kg natural with epi
13# kikilow - 25th May - Thomson Medical Center - Mum in law as CL - 14th May Girl 2.97kg, c-sect*
14# v0nne - 27th May - TPS@ KK Hospital - Grandma as CL - 8th May
15# casshong - 27th May - KK Hospital - 23th May Boy - C-sect
16# smurfz - 27 May - Mount A - Indo chinese CL $2K - 15th May Boy 2.96kg natural w epi
17# bbanna - 27th May - Mount A- 25th May natural with epi
18# paull - 28th May - Thomson Medical Center - 13th May Boy 3.47kg natural w/o epi
19# jrmummy2- 30th May - Mount A - 4th May
20# angeltan - 30th May
21# bbjes - 31st May - Mount A - Mum in law as CL
22# blessedDeb - 31st May - Gleneagles - Msian CL $2K

Last edited: