EDD May 2011

missylva

hi hi missylva, welcome to e club!
how's your baby's jaundice now?
mine was 110 at 9days old...
going for check up again tmr.
why dun u keep your pumped out breastmilk in e chiller?
throw away abit wasted.....
doc say dont give him first reduce jaundice first leh.. mine 118.. check ytd. next week go check again. which lvl then is healthy huh?? i feel like stopping breast milk.. tired of pumping n throwing

esther kuan

I pump out breast milk , only midnight then i use FM...

Isy,my milk dun look very whitish.. but can see it's milk color..
i also dunno how to explain.. hope hind milk is inside the breast milk as it's the "good" fat for baby
when i massage my breasts before feeding, droplets of milk will appear on e nipples.
can see it's either quite translucent or whitish if it's halfway through a feed.

Amulet

my baby now on formula but i still pump out milk to throw away cos he got jaundice then doc advise let him drink formula first.. i am giving him similiac but heard about enfalac is not bad too.. how?
Wah! Girl! Don't throw away the liquid gold la.. So wasted.. Can keep in fridge or freeze them..

Mummies, how often do u latch your baby in a day? And how often do u feed ebm?
I latch my baby at least once a day , early morning feeding ( around 630am), sometimes in the afternoon, i lazy to pump then i latch her also.
for ebm , i feed her every 3 hours interval, so is about 6 - 7 feedings.. each time i give around 90 ml..
my gal likes to move her hands n legs during sleep, so i swaddle her with napkin.
Is your baby sleep alot in the day?my baby started to have play time , she sometime skip one or 2 of her sleeping time after meal.. so tired if i need to entertain her.. some more need to pump milk

whomovedmycheese

I tot per hr 1 oz is not bad. For me I only pump like once every 4-5 hours, that's why got 100. Ok think I must pump more.

Btw do you do postnatal massage? After massage got oil so you all wait and pump later?
Do you latch on in between the 4-5 hours? I think you might consider reducing to 2-3hours if you do not latch in between, to increase the supply.

missylva

my baby is 11 days old.. feed 70ml of formula enough? ytd went polyclinic they say is calculate baby weight. like baby is 3.5 KG then u times 150 = 450 ml per day / how many feeds per day. 450 / 7 = 60-70ml

whomovedmycheese

haha no much milk bottles to store leh. how to stop breast milk from producing huh
Do you intend to breastfeed her after her jaundice level drops? If you do, I think you should continue to pump to maintain the supply. Can get those bags, or perhaps you can walk into the nursery to ask for empty glass bottles to store the breast milk.

whomovedmycheese

I latch my baby at least once a day , early morning feeding ( around 630am), sometimes in the afternoon, i lazy to pump then i latch her also.
for ebm , i feed her every 3 hours interval, so is about 6 - 7 feedings.. each time i give around 90 ml..
my gal likes to move her hands n legs during sleep, so i swaddle her with napkin.
Is your baby sleep alot in the day?my baby started to have play time , she sometime skip one or 2 of her sleeping time after meal.. so tired if i need to entertain her.. some more need to pump milk
My girl also likes to move her hands and legs about during sleep, but I try not to swaddle her, coz my CL was saying let her exercise then she can grow bigger faster. Lol. Only swaddle her butt and thigh area with napkin to keep warm.

My baby also has play time. There are some periods she's more awake and move about quite a lot. In general, my baby is rather active and move about quite a lot.

casshong

Mums, how much milk r u pumping now? I stopped latch on as my nipples r really painful. If I pump every 3 hrs I only get abt 50-60ml. If I stretch to 4-5 hrs I get abt 80-100ml. Seems v little to me. I gave birth abt 2.5 weeks ago.

whomovedmycheese

Mums, how much milk r u pumping now? I stopped latch on as my nipples r really painful. If I pump every 3 hrs I only get abt 50-60ml. If I stretch to 4-5 hrs I get abt 80-100ml. Seems v little to me. I gave birth abt 2.5 weeks ago.
Which level of intensity have you set for your pumping?

lsy

My baby still sleeps after every meal. Basically only alert to play for an hour in evening and morning another hour

whomovedmycheese

My baby still sleeps after every meal. Basically only alert to play for an hour in evening and morning another hour
I noticed, when I latch my bb on, she tend to be able to sleep after feed. But after bottle feed, she might not be. She has some period of cluster feed timings, at 3 plus and at 8 plus 9.

waa. how come you all have so much ebm?
if i pump 4 hourly , i can get 100-120ml , if i pump 3 hour , i can get around 80-90 ml
my friend said it's consider little...
my right breast expressed more milk than left, left breast still only have 50 ml sometimes ( the best) , right breast can hv 60- 70 ml ( the best)
how i wish i can hv more milk la..
is it also due to breast size? how much they can store?

missylva

Do you intend to breastfeed her after her jaundice level drops? If you do, I think you should continue to pump to maintain the supply. Can get those bags, or perhaps you can walk into the nursery to ask for empty glass bottles to store the breast milk.
mine is bb boy :p i plan after i go back to work in aug i want to stop ady lazy pump in e morning n pump at work leh cos i might be switching to marketing outdoor. not that easy to pump milk milk

lsy

Same quantity as u. My girl is 1 month d.Seems like just sufficient for her current demand.

Last edited:

lsy

waa. how come you all have so much ebm?
if i pump 4 hourly , i can get 100-120ml , if i pump 3 hour , i can get around 80-90 ml
my friend said it's consider little...
my right breast expressed more milk than left, left breast still only have 50 ml sometimes ( the best) , right breast can hv 60- 70 ml ( the best)
how i wish i can hv more milk la..
is it also due to breast size? how much they can store?
I'm facing exactly the same situation also right more than left. Same quantity as you too.