EDD May 2011

azzzima

At times when my breast feels soft but baby need to feed again, latching really makes me feel I dun have enough supply. But if I use pumped out milk can tell slightly meeting demand as my girl taking 50ml for 2-3hrs. I can pump 50-80ml in 2-3hr. Dunno how to overcome this feeling. Also latching is making me more tired. :(
i feel the same way too! but it is untrue when i pumped it out. why not u buy a nursing pillow? it helps a lot when my arms are tired.

echua

hi all mummies :)

my edd is on this month 28th and everyday im thinking what should i bring when im going to give birth? and what should i bring when im on admission? like IC and so and what?

any mummies give birth at kk hospital recently? can share with me what did you bring along when you are giving birth? and what you bring when you go for admission?

lastly, did kk hospital give mummies and baby when discharge?

sorry, got to post here. cause i need some help. im 1st time mummies.. kind of very anxious and excited. hehe..

thanks in advance :) :Dancing_tongue:

lsy

Finally last day of confinement. Awaiting the bliss to have daily shower :p .
Yeah I will need more time to recover :( luckily decided to go back to kl with mom for another month of help. Else now I carry baby up n down also tiring. Think she is now 4kg plus.
Kena "suan" by my mom saying now u know it's not easy to be a mother. More sleepless nights to come at least until 6mths.

whomovedmycheese

Finally last day of confinement. Awaiting the bliss to have daily shower :p .
Yeah I will need more time to recover :( luckily decided to go back to kl with mom for another month of help. Else now I carry baby up n down also tiring. Think she is now 4kg plus.
Kena "suan" by my mom saying now u know it's not easy to be a mother. More sleepless nights to come at least until 6mths.
Wow!! So will you still be updating? Lol..

I am also wondering what will happen when my CL goes back, which is really soon. I m too dependent on her le!

I am facing this currently too... :(
same.. i always dose off when latching.. and my girl seems not latching very long , then she fall asleep temporary.. once i put her down, she awakes again and i got to feed her..
i feel like i m the lazy mummy.. impatient.. like incompetence to do all the mummy job..
what is the best duration to give breast milk ?
1 month ? 2 months or more..
i know the longer to give breast milk the better but anyone know what is the best duration ?

i felt very lethargic , and no appetite to eat more, but i am hungry .. and thirsty ..
i brought my ebm from the fridge , put cooler bag then heat up when it is needed.
i am not sure is it correct or not ..
today i brought my baby to see doc, as she was vomitting 2 nights after the night feeding.. may b i am more paranoid .. but it just give me reassurance that she is fine.. when i told doc that i fed her FM for night feeding, she said i am lazy mummy .. hahah , she said actually it's about the same as ebm.. usually depend on baby how long they can sleep..
Mayb i am really lazy.. can't go back to normal life , sleep normal hours .. sigh..
still have one more week to go for my confinement..

whomovedmycheese

same.. i always dose off when latching.. and my girl seems not latching very long , then she fall asleep temporary.. once i put her down, she awakes again and i got to feed her..
i feel like i m the lazy mummy.. impatient.. like incompetence to do all the mummy job..
i know the longer to give breast milk the better but anyone know what is the best duration ?
Some people feed for 1 year.

esther kuan

hi all mummies :)

my edd is on this month 28th and everyday im thinking what should i bring when im going to give birth? and what should i bring when im on admission? like IC and so and what?

any mummies give birth at kk hospital recently? can share with me what did you bring along when you are giving birth? and what you bring when you go for admission?

lastly, did kk hospital give mummies and baby when discharge?

sorry, got to post here. cause i need some help. im 1st time mummies.. kind of very anxious and excited. hehe..

thanks in advance :) :Dancing_tongue:
hi echua, i delivered at KK recently.
when i booked e ward, i was given a list of items to bring.
do u have that?
basically, u need
- a set of clothes for yourself to wear home
- a set of clothes for baby plus mittens n booties
- original marriage cert, your IC, hubby's IC if u wanna register baby birth at KK
- u can use ur hp and laptop at KK, so u can bring those and chargers
- camera if u like
other items like sanitary pads, diapers, wet wipes were all provided for.

esther kuan

icejelly, e worldwide recommendation is 6 months but up to a year or two is ok.
don't be discouraged by other people's opinions.
we get tired easily, even emotional....
baby cry n cry, makes us feel like crying too....
giving FM doesn't make u a bad or lazy mom.
cheer up k!! just do whatever u can......

esther kuan

my baby's jaundice still hasn't clearer yet.
in fact, it went up abit higher from 110 to 134.
doc has told me to cut all chinese confinement herbs n ginger from my diet.
also, i had sore throat n fever this morning so guess i'm too heaty....
even though my mum said no mummies will ever get too heaty during confinement!
keke... i must be the odd one out!

whomovedmycheese

Actually confinement food are heaty, so you are not odd one out! I've got pimples from my face due to heatiness!

Hmm.. My CL fed my baby boiled rice water with 7 red dates.. wonder if that really help in the jaundice.

lsy

icejelly, e worldwide recommendation is 6 months but up to a year or two is ok.
don't be discouraged by other people's opinions.
we get tired easily, even emotional....
baby cry n cry, makes us feel like crying too....
giving FM doesn't make u a bad or lazy mom.
cheer up k!! just do whatever u can......
My girl when she wanna poop scream n cry until tears down her cheek. :(

lsy

Mummies using electric pump,

Do u prefer pump breast shield with massage silicon or just the plastic ?
If u do not massage n just pump will it at one stage not able to pump out milk?

I notice when I use manual pump I will need to compress at different sides to get milk out. Otherwise purely pumping single drop also difficult to get when the letdown has ended.

May be you give your baby more water ? let them pee out the bilirubin..
did doc said wat cause the jaundice?
the bilirubin level is high inside their body so need time for them to pass out, either by poo poo or peeing..
don't worry , she will be fine