EDD May 2011

charllmy

Hi there, we need to bring ORIGINAL marriage certain? Photocopy cannot? :(

hi echua, i delivered at KK recently.
when i booked e ward, i was given a list of items to bring.
do you have that?
basically, you need
- a set of clothes for yourself to wear home
- a set of clothes for baby plus mittens n booties
- original marriage cert, your IC, hubby's IC if you wanna register baby birth at KK
- you can use your hp and laptop at KK, so you can bring those and chargers
- camera if you like
other items like sanitary pads, diapers, wet wipes were all provided for.

lsy

How u going back kl? Hubby drive? Long journey, hope u r not intending to carry baby all the way. Got baby basket?
I'm taking flight with my parents. Long journey tiring for baby. Gotta keep it short. I just need to make sure I latch my girl during take off n landing to ease the pressure.

missylva

my baby's jaundice still hasn't clearer yet.
in fact, it went up abit higher from 110 to 134.
doc has told me to cut all chinese confinement herbs n ginger from my diet.
also, i had sore throat n fever this morning so guess i'm too heaty....
even though my mum said no mummies will ever get too heaty during confinement!
keke... i must be the odd one out!
my MIL still feed me some ginger for my own good so now i stop giving breast milk at the moment.. till my baby next check up lo.. hmm.. but my MIL gave me drink chicken soup with DOM.. make the blood flow sibei alot that i change my pants 3x in e night.. T_T

missylva

Mummies using electric pump,

Do you prefer pump breast shield with massage silicon or just the plastic ?
If you do not massage n just pump will it at one stage not able to pump out milk?

I notice when I use manual pump I will need to compress at different sides to get milk out. Otherwise purely pumping single drop also difficult to get when the letdown has ended.
my hubby bought the one medela swing with massage. i think is better??? :wong29:

whomovedmycheese

Mummies using electric pump,

Do u prefer pump breast shield with massage silicon or just the plastic ?
If u do not massage n just pump will it at one stage not able to pump out milk?

I notice when I use manual pump I will need to compress at different sides to get milk out. Otherwise purely pumping single drop also difficult to get when the letdown has ended.
Don't get what you mean. But even with electric pump, need to adjust the intensity as well as massage to get optimal results.

esther kuan

May be you give your baby more water ? let them pee out the bilirubin..
did doc said wat cause the jaundice?
the bilirubin level is high inside their body so need time for them to pass out, either by poo poo or peeing..
don't worry , she will be fine
I did ask doc whether giving baby water or sunning him in e morning will help n she said never to give baby water in e first six months. Esp for BF babies. Sunning doesnt help too she said. Just cut out e herbs n ginger. So i'll try it n see how.

esther kuan

Actually confinement food are heaty, so you are not odd one out! I've got pimples from my face due to heatiness!

Hmm.. My CL fed my baby boiled rice water with 7 red dates.. wonder if that really help in the jaundice.
My mum agreed to stop giving me ginger n herbs but my mum-in-law doesn't believe lor.
In fact, she says my fever n sore throat is due to me catching a 'chill' as i shower often n don't wear sweater out of house. She says should eat even more ginger n herbs to counter-attack e effects!!!
Omg... I'm so glad i'm not staying with my in laws.

whomovedmycheese

My mum agreed to stop giving me ginger n herbs but my mum-in-law doesn't believe lor.
In fact, she says my fever n sore throat is due to me catching a 'chill' as i shower often n don't wear sweater out of house. She says should eat even more ginger n herbs to counter-attack e effects!!!
Omg... I'm so glad i'm not staying with my in laws.
Shower as in with the herbs or just with water? Actually the weather is very hot, if never properly hydrate ourselves, will get sick quite easily.

I am staying with my inlaws.. :(

Last edited:

whomovedmycheese

Nice hairband! Yesterday was trying to wear hairband for my girl since it's her baby shower. Then her head toosmall, and u realised her hairband became her choker lol
Hehe Thanks. I bought it from this online shop called Shop Online for Baby Products - Little Toez n Kidz Singapore - Home . Actually the band in the pic is too big for her, just that the angle of the pic taken, made it look like it fitted her nicely. Lol. I bought 2 other croquet ones which fits her nicely. You can consider. :)

esther kuan

Shower as in with the herbs or just with water? Actually the weather is very hot, if never properly hydrate ourselves, will get sick quite easily.

I am staying with my inlaws.. :(
i just shower normally with shower gel.
been showering n washing hair since i delivered.
even at KK before i discharge.
i don't feel weak or cold or anything, how can it be e showering?
even if it is, then how about e sore throat???