EDD May 2011

yeonee

Hi Whomovemycheese,

I understand that you have recommended your confinement lady, lien jie in your earlier post. I would like to know more about her before I engage her help.

Please sms me at 94371169.

Many thanks

lsy

Hi Kikilow,

How's fenugreek helping with milk supply? I think I need them d. Asking hubby to buy later .

whomovedmycheese

Hi Kikilow,

How's fenugreek helping with milk supply? I think I need them d. Asking hubby to buy later .
My gynae recommended that too. I wonder if it's good. My friend's pd prescribed some medication for her to take to increase her flow. If you keen, I can help u ask her. :)

lsy

Me. Have been doing tat for 4 weeks. Sometimes express milk half way she will cry. Now I resort to sarong. And able to even do some housework. Sometimes really difficult, esp when baby cranky. Now I bring baby to mum place in the afternoon.

Just few days back brought baby to see doc and doc said she is just colicky. Baby seem better after taking the medicine. Just 2 days ago, baby cried whole night, couldn't sleep on her own. In the end after she cried from 12-3am, I no choice decided to cradle her and sleep thr the night. Tiring!
U still on total bf right? I also no more engorged in the day once I return to sg. It happened suddenly. Dunno is it stress. Even after 4 hrs I only pump 1oz without latching in that 4 hrs. I'm now feeding her what I pumped in early morning. She seems to be drinking very little compared to when I'm in kl. 40-50ml in 2 hrs. 2 months old still drinking so little. How much ur baby drinking now?

Heard they say supply established also no more engorged... Anyone ?

whomovedmycheese

U still on total bf right? I also no more engorged in the day once I return to sg. It happened suddenly. Dunno is it stress. Even after 4 hrs I only pump 1oz without latching in that 4 hrs. I'm now feeding her what I pumped in early morning. She seems to be drinking very little compared to when I'm in kl. 40-50ml in 2 hrs. 2 months old still drinking so little. How much ur baby drinking now?

Heard they say supply established also no more engorged... Anyone ?
I still get engorged breast.. Sometimes after 2 hour plus.. I will some sharp pain in my breasts..

Hmm.. you might want to consult a PD?

whomovedmycheese

Isy, based on the link u post on daily intake, is your baby drinking too little?
I have a friend whose baby started with alot but now coming 3 months dropped milk intake. But doc said it is ok so long as gain weight.
Hmm.. looks like my baby is drinking more than that..

lsy

Isy, based on the link u post on daily intake, is your baby drinking too little?
I have a friend whose baby started with alot but now coming 3 months dropped milk intake. But doc said it is ok so long as gain weight.
Yeah know that I shouldn't be worried too much. But as first time mummy, I'm really afraid if I'm not giving my girl enough. Could she be hungry but still goes to sleep? Could the teat flow too slow that she's not drinking much and too tired sucking then fall asleep?
I'm tempted to change teat to medium flow or poke another hole but also worried this might defeat bf. Later she reject my nipple how.

lsy

I only get engorged if I don't pump in middle of night and baby don't wake up latch. :(

Baby drinking every 2 hrs in the day, 100ml each time. Yes still on total bf. Hope to do it for at least 6 mths.

Ya must be stress if your ss drop suddenly. ESP since u just came back sg nobody to help. Able to ask in laws to help?
Due to 2 months of colic and carrying, my girl now hardly will play on her own in bed. At most 10-15mins. So now I will usually carry her one hand and the other hand warming up ebm or getting a cup of drink for myself. If she sleep I would wash bottles n pump parts, her laundry and also have my lunch. I don't have MIL. Only have FIL.

lsy

Now these 2 weeks I didn't take fenugreek cos finished and I feel less engorgement le sigh. Less ss. So I think it works. I have just ordered 2 bottles online :)
Just bought greenlife 1 bottle. Followed the recommended intake and took 2 capsules. Pumped 90ml. Perhaps I'm more relax with my hubby taking care of her at least for a while. Gonna wake up later to pump else not enough ebm to feed her tomorrow.

whomovedmycheese

Due to 2 months of colic and carrying, my girl now hardly will play on her own in bed. At most 10-15mins. So now I will usually carry her one hand and the other hand warming up ebm or getting a cup of drink for myself. If she sleep I would wash bottles n pump parts, her laundry and also have my lunch. I don't have MIL. Only have FIL.
Actually your baby is gaining weight, so you might not need to worry so much about it?

When is your next appt for vaccination? Maybe can ask the PD?

azzzima

I only managed to express 10ml today and ytd. I didn't express for 4 days usually can get 20-25ml. Shrugs. I am worried if I can't store alot of ebm as I am still not keen on feeding fm. But if not enough, no choice but to supplement her with fm.

Oh anyway lsy my baby hasn't wake up since her last feeding at 12am. I got worried cos she usually wakes up within 5hrs. Hmm she s totally knocked out. I did check to see if she s still breathing. Haha. Kanchiong.

I hope I will persevere to express my bm.

lsy

I only managed to express 10ml today and ytd. I didn't express for 4 days usually can get 20-25ml. Shrugs. I am worried if I can't store alot of ebm as I am still not keen on feeding fm. But if not enough, no choice but to supplement her with fm.

Oh anyway lsy my baby hasn't wake up since her last feeding at 12am. I got worried cos she usually wakes up within 5hrs. Hmm she s totally knocked out. I did check to see if she s still breathing. Haha. Kanchiong.

I hope I will persevere to express my bm.
I did that checking too. Lol. Ytd my girl sleeps early perhaps I did her bedtime routine early. I gave her a face n bottom wash at 6 instead of 9. She last feed 9pm sleep until 3:30am

lsy

Last night my baby slept from 8 to 12. After that wake up at 3 plus 4 and started being cranky every hour till about 6 then fall asleep. Faint.
Is she hungry? Maybe she need cluster feed or nipple for comfort.
Now my biggest concern is when is she hungry. I still couldn't estimate. Getting lost with her cries.

lsy

My baby woke up at 11pm plus last night. And I needed to latch her till 1245, else she cried. Thereafter cranky for a short while before she slept till 6am.

Does your baby bite your nipple now? Mine sometimes, luckily no teeth yet
My girl dunno where she learn to pull nipple. Last time she will bite nipple to stop my milk flow. Now breast feel so soft during day time and she's pulling it. Need to smack her butt. She just took 40ml ebm and sleeping now.

whomovedmycheese

Is she hungry? Maybe she need cluster feed or nipple for comfort.
Now my biggest concern is when is she hungry. I still couldn't estimate. Getting lost with her cries.
Come to think if it, you might be right. She might need my nipole for comfort. Coz she din want her pacifier and she finished all the remaining milk. Then I latched on and she sucked n sucked. After a while I pulled her away coz scared she overfeed and changed her diapers and put her onto her bed to zzz. She did fall asleep after a while

charllmy

hi

anyone can advise experience on using bottle warmer? what brand is good? is it useful? currently i am using hot water to warm the bottles...

whomovedmycheese

hi

anyone can advise experience on using bottle warmer? what brand is good? is it useful? currently i am using hot water to warm the bottles...
I am using tommee tippee and tollyjoy. Tollyjoy is more straightforward. Actually my hubby figured that if we were to use a mug and pour a bit of hot water and submerge the bottle in, the effect is similar.

lsy

I am using tommee tippee and tollyjoy. Tollyjoy is more straightforward. Actually my hubby figured that if we were to use a mug and pour a bit of hot water and submerge the bottle in, the effect is similar.
Warmer not portable somemore lol. Hot water better.