EDD May 2011

I am wondering if baby under weight, what will PD ask us to do? can't force bb drink right? got to feed solid?
Isy, my baby intake same as urs..mayb abit 10 ml more, sometimes has to coax her to drink.. so tiring..
At night then i latch her to top up more.. but daily intake is just 600-620ml depends..

lsy

I am wondering if baby under weight, what will PD ask us to do? can't force bb drink right? got to feed solid?
Isy, my baby intake same as urs..mayb abit 10 ml more, sometimes has to coax her to drink.. so tiring..
At night then i latch her to top up more.. but daily intake is just 600-620ml depends..
At night I can at most feed her twice. She's sleeping throughout d. Not crying for milk even if she can drink. Yesterday night I purposely touch her lip after 4hrs since last feed. She turn towards my finger and I quickly bottle feed her 50ml and she burp. All these -carried out while she's sleeping.
I latch her at 4am when she woke up. Full until spit milk. So let say latch she had 100ml + 50ml and plus 200ml at day care...only 350ml? Last fri at day care she able to take 320ml in 12 hrs. I'm really worried le. Thought of bringing her to PD just to use their weighing machine to monitor her weekly weight gain.

Isy, my toilet link with another room, she will comes in from other room..
i bet she will voice out to my husband or sil, and will act like innocent.. she knows how to play politics.. bb just drank 30ml only
so no choice tht i got to latch her to top up abit.. coz she also sleepy liao..
now i m at home, what if when i go to work?sigh..
Hi icejelly, maybe you can lock the toilet door linked to the other room and ur own bedroom door. Hopefully it helps.
I'm going back to work in abt a week time, im worried i will miss my baby too much tat i cant concentrate at work. Also worry that my milk supply will drop when im back at work=( my baby is drinking 80ml every 3hrly still not accepting bottle well, n i latch her on at nite before she sleeps. Not sure if my baby is drinking enuff for a 3&1/2mth baby.
Any mummy can advise?

lsy

Hi icejelly, maybe you can lock the toilet door linked to the other room and ur own bedroom door. Hopefully it helps.
I'm going back to work in abt a week time, im worried i will miss my baby too much tat i cant concentrate at work. Also worry that my milk supply will drop when im back at work=( my baby is drinking 80ml every 3hrly still not accepting bottle well, n i latch her on at nite before she sleeps. Not sure if my baby is drinking enuff for a 3&1/2mth baby.
Any mummy can advise?
Don't worry coz my baby drinks even lesser and toying with bottles. She is in infant care I think crying hard everyday, I'm so heart ache.

Other people from the room need to use the toilet in the morning to work, not nice to lock..
Isy, is very little if you didn't latch her while she is sleeping.. Hopefully slowly she is able to recognize the teacher so can drink more.. Do you think spoon feed or cup feed can help? or use syringe ..
Now day feeding is done by my maid.. lucky my gal can accept her. At night i also tried to latch her by lying position.. my gal very fast asleep , then woke up early morning like 7 am .. haha dunno good or bad

lsy

Other people from the room need to use the toilet in the morning to work, not nice to lock..
Isy, is very little if you didn't latch her while she is sleeping.. Hopefully slowly she is able to recognize the teacher so can drink more.. Do you think spoon feed or cup feed can help? or use syringe ..
Now day feeding is done by my maid.. lucky my gal can accept her. At night i also tried to latch her by lying position.. my gal very fast asleep , then woke up early morning like 7 am .. haha dunno good or bad
Other than drinking little she is also sleeping lesser. Poor girl I purposely wait for her to sleep another 2 hrs before sending her today. At least got 11 hrs sleep. She is getting 15-16 hrs sleep when home with me.
If wanna use cup feed will be last alternative because she is taking bottle now just that hard to get her drink. If she rejects bottle I dontbunderstand why last fri can finish 80ml each time.
Anyone going to see PD or LC these few days perhaps can help us to ask whether is it normal for 3.5months babies drinking only 200ml in 12 hrs.

bbanna

I read somewhere it says after 3rd month usually supply will be established and u will not feel engorged. Is it true? Seems like all of us still have engorgement.
I'm wondering if breast soft no engorgement, still able to pump milk out in office?

bbanna

I desperately want her to know in that place mummy is not around for you anymore, drink her milk from teacher. Last fri was fine she was taking 80ml 4 feeds every 3 hourly. Yesterday again was nightmare, she only took 200ml when I prepared 320ml. Guess 120ml down the drain. Not sure could it be due to latching over weekend. She's lack of sleep too. At home can sleep 4-5 hours in the day. There cat nap longest 30mins total also dont't have 2 hours. She must have cried a lot from the schedule feed and teacher not able to put her to sleep.
Voice also hoarse already.

R you the same person feeding her bottle? Which infant care you sending your baby to?
We havent sent her to infant care, I let my hubby feed her bottle these 2 days. My poor gal cried refusing to swallow eventually become screaming when she saw bottle.. Lots of tears on face :'( Yours still better at least can take 200ml. Mine 3.5 hours since last feed still refuse to take even 5 ml from bottle! I'm very headache, only 2 week apart from I return to work. I tried medela, avent bottle, all can't. Which brand your gal can drink?
I guess she still know I'm around, as she looked around and maybe can see my figure.. When my hubby throw my milk after 2 failed feeding (1st time freash, 2nd time heated) I feel heart pain, however not comparable to see my baby starving but still not drink bottle milk.

whomovedmycheese

We havent sent her to infant care, I let my hubby feed her bottle these 2 days. My poor gal cried refusing to swallow eventually become screaming when she saw bottle.. Lots of tears on face :'( Yours still better at least can take 200ml. Mine 3.5 hours since last feed still refuse to take even 5 ml from bottle! I'm very headache, only 2 week apart from I return to work. I tried medela, avent bottle, all can't. Which brand your gal can drink?
I guess she still know I'm around, as she looked around and maybe can see my figure.. When my hubby throw my milk after 2 failed feeding (1st time freash, 2nd time heated) I feel heart pain, however not comparable to see my baby starving but still not drink bottle milk.
Try NUK.. latex teat.

bbanna

Other than drinking little she is also sleeping lesser. Poor girl I purposely wait for her to sleep another 2 hrs before sending her today. At least got 11 hrs sleep. She is getting 15-16 hrs sleep when home with me.
If wanna use cup feed will be last alternative because she is taking bottle now just that hard to get her drink. If she rejects bottle I dontbunderstand why last fri can finish 80ml each time.
Anyone going to see PD or LC these few days perhaps can help us to ask whether is it normal for 3.5months babies drinking only 200ml in 12 hrs.
I will ask when go to the 3rd jab next Monday. I'm also worried my baby weight and bottle feed prob.

bbanna

I wanted to vent out something here!
I really don't understand why people likes to come in my room to see baby so early in the morning ? Today baby woke up early like 7 plus, already i am not prepare anything .. but then when i feed her milk, my mil came in , she got distracted and dun want to drink milk anymore, i told my mil not to play with her first, still ..
why can't she comes in later ? i am so so pissed, i know she also notice it..
damn!
U need to raise up u dont like it seriously..My mil worse, not only like to watch me feeding, but also touch my breast 1 time! She like to break into my room without knocking door. If I'm feeding at that time, baby will stop and cry! I told her not to do thar, no use, asked my hubby told her again, she changed to knock the door and then immediately open and come in without i acknowledge! One last time, I lost my temper, she open my door without my permission with 2 relatives while I'm feeding. I'm so angry and shouting to my hubby! My gal cried loudly then the whole family know. After that, she didn't repeat.

lsy

First 2 months been using avent and dr brown slow flow she's ok. Now she can't take slow flow. I bought nuk latex M for milk 0-6 months recently get her try pigeon wide neck 4-5 months nipple M size also. I just fed her 100ml using pigeon so happy.

whomovedmycheese

I am going to see PD next week too, so can ask..
i also wonder what is the consequences if baby dun drink..
Bringing my baby for checkup too next week. Actually I am a little worried. Although she's drinking normally, her weight hasn't really increased much. In fact, it keeps fluctuating up and down. Quite worried.