EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

fren gave the breast milk storage le..how is the dental wipes like?
there is the nuk dental wipes which is like wet cloth... it is think easy to wrap around little finger and clean the tongue... There is another one which is a blue box... U insert onto your little finger and clean the tongue... there is spiffles (i think this is the spelling), same like Nuk dental wipes...

I dun like nuk coz it keep slipping off... I dun like spiffles coz got flavour and is sticky after use... I prefer the blue box coz easy to use, slip-on only...

CharChia

For no.1, most of the time i just bring to the toilet to wash the bum after poo... I only use cotton wool to clean the cord area... I think for no.2 will be the same... I hardly use wipes for no.1 coz i realise everytime i use wipes she will have nappy rash and i have tried many many different brands with same outcome... so outside i also try my best to wash her bum during diaper change... i find that it is cleaner also...

CharChia

i can't wait for my next gynae checkup next wednesday at 38 weeks... not even sure if can last till then or not... LOL... Keep on having this feeling that baby will pop once i reach 37 weeks... anyway my last checkup gynae already mention once i hit 37 weeks can prepare the give birth... baby will be healthy and of a good weight... Last time doctor induce to make the contractions stronger but i dun feel any pain at all... till now i also dunno how they break my waterbag and how the induce work at all... this time doctor hoping waterbag will break on its own n i can push out no need to vacuum... lol... which i think is possible coz no.2 seems more anxious to come out then no.2... No.1 totally never even feel tightening of stomach or cramp but no.2 is very frequent especially at night and early morning... But for no.1 i started dilating very early butt managed to drag till 39 weeks... for no.2 still have not check my dilation yet...

Lingz12

shanice99:867038 said:
For me, at week 35+ my baby is ard 2.7kg +-, I think shd b average size ba. I duno. and even though most of the ppl says my tummy v small..bt I feel as long baby healthy can already. this week is 37 week and will be gg appt on this fri, plus doing the GBA test. If baby can wait til edd, y no good? I tot will be good lei..mayb ur gynae wants u to have natural birth in case baby grows too big by edd ? I also hope baby can come out ard near to edd lei..which is 3 weeks more to go. I also dun like induce , cos I heard painful rt? also prefer baby to comes out by herself better ba. ya lo, y I heard ppl baby small also need to induce? hmmmm...
Yes.. she wanted me to go natural.. I wan to go natural too.. but she's afraid if we wait till edd, bb will grow too big for me to go natural.. I was induced for #1 for e exact opposite reason.. she was too small (onli 2.35kg), not absorbing, nt peeing to replenish the amniotic fluid so in e end it was too dry inside and we gotta induce her.. but induce always have e risk of it failing and having to go for emergency c sec..

shanice99

i can't wait for my next gynae checkup next wednesday at 38 weeks... not even sure if can last till then or not... LOL... Keep on having this feeling that baby will pop once i reach 37 weeks... anyway my last checkup gynae already mention once i hit 37 weeks can prepare the give birth... baby will be healthy and of a good weight... Last time doctor induce to make the contractions stronger but i dun feel any pain at all... till now i also dunno how they break my waterbag and how the induce work at all... this time doctor hoping waterbag will break on its own n i can push out no need to vacuum... lol... which i think is possible coz no.2 seems more anxious to come out then no.2... No.1 totally never even feel tightening of stomach or cramp but no.2 is very frequent especially at night and early morning... But for no.1 i started dilating very early butt managed to drag till 39 weeks... for no.2 still have not check my dilation yet...
think we have the same edd wor..for me, I jus wait and see as I duno anything etc. lolx.i think urs is second one so ur baby will be out fast ba..I also have "1 2 poo" feeling ard morning when I first wake up, but not at night time. but after I poo, feel ok already. I had gain ard 9kg so far, cos have been eating normally. no craving for any food etc and ate my 3 pc of durian last wkends since 20yrs plus ago. becos of baby, I ate beef and durian which I have not ate for 20+ yrs...lolx..

shanice99

Yes.. she wanted me to go natural.. I wan to go natural too.. but she's afraid if we wait till edd, bb will grow too big for me to go natural.. I was induced for #1 for e exact opposite reason.. she was too small (onli 2.35kg), not absorbing, nt peeing to replenish the amniotic fluid so in e end it was too dry inside and we gotta induce her.. but induce always have e risk of it failing and having to go for emergency c sec..
oic....hmmmm.....think most ppl wan to go for natural, unless no choice lo....

meltie

Wah Lingz and charchia! seems like u guys are almost next to get ready for labor! haha

hmm i used cotton wool with warm boiled water for my no.1 up to 2-3mths till i could not catch up w the rolling of the cotton balls coz i diy myself and was alone at home.. Wet wipes also caused some nappy rash for my #1.. But after that i just use pigeon wipes all the way liao.. Now poop lesser, wipe lesser.. If got chance, will wash.. But my no.1 will complain when cold water touches her.. So i just wipe fast fast.. wipes not cheap man.. 3.5cents per sheet? She got sensitive butt.. Cannot use other brands.. Oh ya do go for paraben n fragrance free ..

As for dental wipes, i bought last time but didn't use.. cL used hanky.. I learnt frm thomson parentcraft is to use sterilised cotton gauze wrapped around index finger to clean the mouth n tongue.. Actually they say breastfed bbs don't need to clean tongue.. Mine took some formula due to jaundice n was whitish so i cleaned for her.. Mostly up to 2nd month i switched to clean hankies thats only used for her mouth.. Up till now my#1 anyhow brush teeth, so i still clean for her after her brushing in the morning and night..

I seldom get stuff from kiddy palace, only farlin breastmilk storage bags, pigeon breast pads , some utensils and bottle brush.. I mostly get my stuff frm OG (Baby 2-in-1 detergent plus softener, pigeon wet wipes, shoes, etc), or from venus beauty .. They sell cheaper too .. OG i got 10% off mbr.. Diapers i get mostly from fairs or from medicinal hall/CK/Venus Beauty and sale at supermarkets. Haha so hubby n i always keep a lookout at the sale and price per pc of diaper.. i'm using petpet for day and merries/mamypoko for baby to slp through 12hrs per night. For NB, i'm starting w huggies which hosp will be using, den switch slowly depends on which diaper she sensitive to.. For 1st few mths they pee n poop alot and have to keep changing, i'm not keen to spend too much on merries or mamypoko .. :p would also like to hear the experience sharing of other mummies.. :) if i don't care of $$, i'll put my bb on merries all the way lol! but exex! i use only like an heavy flow pad to last for hrs... Lol since i'm at home , i just change frequently to keep baby's butt clean n dry, lesser redness n rash..

meltie

think we have the same edd wor..for me, I jus wait and see as I duno anything etc. lolx.i think urs is second one so ur baby will be out fast ba..I also have "1 2 poo" feeling ard morning when I first wake up, but not at night time. but after I poo, feel ok already. I had gain ard 9kg so far, cos have been eating normally. no craving for any food etc and ate my 3 pc of durian last wkends since 20yrs plus ago. becos of baby, I ate beef and durian which I have not ate for 20+ yrs...lolx..
I also got urge to poo feeling v frequently.. Now pooping every morning .. And by noon, sometimes one more time!

Haha i also not much craving, but i will get hungry coz slogging n taking care of no.1.. Wah durians now i dun dare to eat.. Sigh baby so big liao.. :/

Jiayou! it'll come n be over before u know it! we'll all be busy taking care of our newborns!

CharChia

meltie, i tried the paraben and fragrance free wipes too... but no use... haiz... initially was ok using wipes till she started having diarrhea for 2 weeks when she was about 2 months old... coz of diarrhea we always wash... when she was hospitalise the nurse also wash... after that wipes became an issue... now we always standby nappy rash medicine in case we have to use wipes... so we can apply immediately after using wipes...

people told me even for breastfeeding babies also should clean their tongue and mouth regularly... my no.1 also now brushing her own teeth but anyhow also... usually i brush for her first then let her meddle with the toothbrush...

As for diapers, my no.1 used to be using huggies from birth but i find the new huggies diapers no good... urine always leak and cannot last long... when she have loose stools will also leak and stain her pants... Now i m trying out drypers... so far so good... once in a while i will use merries pants coz she is very active and it doesn't coz a bugle at the bottom when heavy... Usually i buy diapers from medical shop coz it is cheaper... Now my husband is thinking of getting from malaysia when he drives in coz it is cheaper though not a lot... so happen to drive in then buy... As for no.2, see the hospital use what then slowly adjust to the same brand as what no.1 will use ba...

my no.1 is currently reaching 11 months old and i change her diapers like every 3 to 4 hours coz she urinates alot... probably coz she likes to drink water and milk... and till now though she eating solid food, she lso can poo at least once to 4 times a day... and i agree merries is good but very expensive...

So for food wise, no.1 and no.2 i got no craving at all... I just like to eat ice-cream... For no.1 pregnancy i only gain 2kg... For no.2 pregnancy i dun really know how much i gain coz I was pregnant again 2 months or less after giving birth... If compare to pre-pregnancy before no. 1, till now i only gain about 3kg...

Last edited:

meltie

Icic.. My bb also v easily get rashes.. Used desitin like mad .. Haiz .. She can diarrhea afew times n all redred.. Well now den i cut dwn desitin use, only for night.. She can't wear a diaper for too long, will get redness, so i prefer to change for her ard every 3-4hrly.. She pees alot after porridge meals, so will change earlier.. Other than that is normal 3-4hrs change coz she's super active!

I personally don't like huggies too.. Previously NB n S size did not have gathers at the back .. Bb's pee will leak easily and poop will shoot up frm the back! Always stain one.. But i guess i'll switch soon.. Saw petpet sale at ntuc, bought 2 packs of S.. Shall try.. My #1 is allergic to drypers last time when i tried the samples on her.. There's apparently gel inside that will absorb urine and become beads? these beads caused red bumps on her butt.. Poor baby.. I had to switch.. Drypers is cheap though! Oh ya, medical halls sometimes sells cheap diapers n milk powders too.. But now my hubby stocks up frm JB when he goes in.. So we seldom buy in SG.. It's alot cheaper due to exchange rate....

Wah charchia u gained so little? i gained 13kg during 1st pregnancy and lost 15-16kg before i conceived again.. Now gained ard 12kg so far.. Not sure how much more will i gain.. But breastfeeding n taking care of bb is the best way to slim down ! Lol..

CharChia

ya the huggies dun have gathers at the back... the so called new and improved version also cannot contain... so think will change soon also... but have not decided... so did not stock up on newborn or s size diaper for newborn... another reason y never stock up is coz my parents insist on using cloth diaper... i m fine with it coz i m not the one washing and they will be the one helping me to take care of no.2 during confinement period...

meltie

ya the huggies dun have gathers at the back... the so called new and improved version also cannot contain... so think will change soon also... but have not decided... so did not stock up on newborn or s size diaper for newborn... another reason y never stock up is coz my parents insist on using cloth diaper... i m fine with it coz i m not the one washing and they will be the one helping me to take care of no.2 during confinement period...
Ic.. If got ppl wash the cloth diaper then good loh.. I won't have the time n strength to change, scrub, wash and hang it.. Need to get alot too? I got no sun at home.. Only wind blow at window... :p so diapers are my only choice.. Just use n throw.. $$ ex though.. Hmm i've yet to find a gd n economical NB diaper that doesn't leak.. Last time i got a Fitti hamper.. So used Fitti for awhile, had gathers but the fasteners were like stickers? and the material inside is like rough paper.. Not v gd n caused rashes after awhile.. Sigh my bb has sensitive skin like me.... :p i used pampers for awhile, not bad though but ex too.. :p guess gotta go JB n find..

I'll be taking care of my #1 n #2 by myself after confinement.. My mum is not keen on helping.. I hope i can handle... Wish i had more support frm family.. :/

shanice99

Ic.. If got ppl wash the cloth diaper then good loh.. I won't have the time n strength to change, scrub, wash and hang it.. Need to get alot too? I got no sun at home.. Only wind blow at window... :p so diapers are my only choice.. Just use n throw.. $$ ex though.. Hmm i've yet to find a gd n economical NB diaper that doesn't leak.. Last time i got a Fitti hamper.. So used Fitti for awhile, had gathers but the fasteners were like stickers? and the material inside is like rough paper.. Not v gd n caused rashes after awhile.. Sigh my bb has sensitive skin like me.... :p i used pampers for awhile, not bad though but ex too.. :p guess gotta go JB n find..

I'll be taking care of my #1 n #2 by myself after confinement.. My mum is not keen on helping.. I hope i can handle... Wish i had more support frm family.. :/
so far I nv seen small packs of merries and mummy poko selling at ntuc lei..they onli sellin big packs in 50s etc. then last mth I went JB, they gt in 24s, so I buy merries and mummy poko. cos I duno which brand my baby suits. $ is more ex for small pack and I think bigger pack are more worth it lo. I think pampers, merries and mummy poko are better brands for new born ba. so I will c which one my baby suits lo..ytd wanted to buy pampers brand at united square atrium there, there is like promotion, one pc ard $0.4 , selling in 50s pack. bt then decide not to buy and will decide later part then ask hub to go buy ba..I also think cloth diaper better, bt then no one help me wash lei..so no choice have to buy diapers liao loh..

Tannie

Haha, for #1 I diligently buy the whole roll of cotton wool n cut into pieces thn store in a box, thn use warm water to wipe... but I find it too messy, water drip here and there so I gave up. I use Tollyjoy wipes which is cheaper thn pigeon wipes.

Then when she is on formula n shit lesser, I switch to pigeon. Hubby said let #2 also use pigeon, no need the hassle...

For diaper, #1 use huggies since newborn from hospital. I wanted to try cheaper brand but hubby said no need to save tht few cents n end up baby got rashes more troublesome... so my #1 use huggies since newborn till now.

For diaper cream I just get Pureen brand, cheaper thn alot of other brand n I think is effective.

CharChia

my parents only helping me for confinement period.... after that I will be back at my in-laws place and have to take care of both myself... so I think after that will switch to diapers...

diaper cream I tried a few brands including pureen and destin, all not so effective for my no.1 rashes... then bring to polyclinic but the medication and cream also no use... I ended up bringing her to my family doctor... the cream she gave is so effective... use awhile and rash gone... somemore no need to apply alot...

mrsjlim

I feel my tummy is very tight all the time too, I will be 36 wk this thur. Any mummy experience rumbling and churning stomach?the sound is so loud lor and I feel I have a lot of gas and farted a lot, so paiseh :rolleyes:

Lingz12

I used goon for my #1 wen she was a newborn up till she was 4-5mths then switch to merries.. cos goon hard to find in supermarts leh.. so far I onli saw in mediya at liang court.. but for #2, im buying goon again.. see if he's ok with it.. I hope so.. I like tat goon is like merries, nt bulky and absorbency not too bad..

I oso change diapers every 4-5hrly.. and I used to use desitin (purple) with each diaper change.. until I read tat im actualli doing it all wrong.. bb butt will get immune to it.. so now I dun put diaper rash cream oredi.. onli at night wen that diaper has to last more than 9hrs.. during the day we jus sprinkle sme bb powder on her butt..

CharChia

actually I dun use nappy rash cream tilI i see a bit of redness... then I apply on the affected area... otherwise I only use powder... coz i scare frequent use will cause them to be immune to it...

Melancholy

I used goon for my #1 wen she was a newborn up till she was 4-5mths then switch to merries.. cos goon hard to find in supermarts leh.. so far I onli saw in mediya at liang court.. but for #2, im buying goon again.. see if he's ok with it.. I hope so.. I like tat goon is like merries, nt bulky and absorbency not too bad..

I oso change diapers every 4-5hrly.. and I used to use desitin (purple) with each diaper change.. until I read tat im actualli doing it all wrong.. bb butt will get immune to it.. so now I dun put diaper rash cream oredi.. onli at night wen that diaper has to last more than 9hrs.. during the day we jus sprinkle sme bb powder on her butt..

I used to spam nappy rash cream for my son too. Every diaper change i will apply for him. Didn't know that it was wrong

jeslow

Thanks CharChia for adding me in the FB group!

So far i've only bought Mamypoko from Venus beauty..maybe shld buy the other brands to standby too..hehe..i also will be using diapers coz too troublesome to wash the cloth diapers since need to change alot.