EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Piglim

Hi everybody! Hmm u actually posted a short note yesterday but dunno why it wasn't posted. Anw here is my birthstory

had contractions at 2am on Wednesday morning.. Waited n waited was trying to endure till I could send my son to childcare at 730am but when my hubby was awoken by my son's kick (he was slping between us) he saw me in pain.. Then he said dont wait Liao.. Go earlier then more prepared. So anw I reached Thomson at 5am. Admit and was still 2cm dilated.. At 6:00am hubby left n went hm to chk on son.. I had my epidural at 630 cos didn't want to suffer alone.. So at 7:30am I was 5-6cm dilated.. The Gynae said ask my hubby dun dilly dally.. Cos second pregnancy will be faster (kanna conned) so after my hubby sent my son to school he reached Thomson at 830am.. N we waited n waited until 3pm then finally managed to push baby out!!! Wah sweat man.. I pushed for 20mins (before e Gynae came in) then the nurses said baby's heartbeat went down quickly gave me document to sign for assisted delivery..

Was really so worried.. Then Gynae came.. Asked me to try again.. Maybe cos I was so worried.. Tried all my might n finally after 4 tries at 3pm gave birth...
11hrs of labour.. Really was sooo long man.. I was so worried n breathless after that.. Hubby teared seeing me so xinku.. Think it was a mistake to take the epidural too early.. Cos I was numbed thruout can't even feel anything push also difficult. It was even harder than my 1st birth!!!

Anw as if now bb is doing fine n I had colostrum alrdy.. Hope she doesn't hv jaundice.

Best thing out of this is, yest all rooms were full house n although I reserved for 1 normal bedded we were upgraded to the premier ward at e next extension... But was told we'll change room e next day.. N then today we were again upgraded to e chancery suite!!! Wah damn shiok this room like hotel like that 2 toilets 1 for guest 1 for myself.. Hubby still say can ask ppl come n play mahjong at e "living room" FYI the premier ward costs $600+ a night n this suite costs $1700+ a night but I'll only b paying $500+ for each nights.. N cos I dragon year gave birth there I will still enjoy $288 rebate.. Haha my stay is definitel enjoyable... Hubby wanted to do a staycation.. Siao bring son n himself to stay overnight... I said so mafan hv to pack so many things plush nurses come in n out will disrupt his slp...

maybe this time round more experience.. Everything quite lax... Now can't wait for my massage on mon!!! Wah very long didnt massage lor...

Hope when we officially introduce my daughter to my son tml everything will turn out well.

So glad this is the LAST time I m doing this!!!

Lingz12

Congrats Piglim! U disappeared and I gathered u mus have given birth.. so shiok! Free upgrade! For my #1 I oso stayed in a suite for one night but was transferred to my choice single rm the second night.. for #2.. no such luck.. we chose premium single and stayed in premium single.. haha..

Ok la.. as long as bb healthy.. u will forget abt e long labour soon.. mummies are forgetful beings.. ;)

jeslow

Congrats Piglim! At least the hospital stay was a comfortable one for you after going through the long hours of labour =)

Rest well ya!

How long did yours take to heal? I cannt really sit properly den I cant breastfeed my baby. I feel so lost.
Jeerin
It took me quite long but i cant rmb when.. but i think was probably 4 to 6mths?? Coz i rmb i googled n it says tailbone injury can tk 1 yr to recover n i was like still long way.. but the worst of it shud be within 1st 2 to 3mths.. after tt bad...

U know i hav the float to sit on for the episiotomy wound.. end up haha tt din affect me at all though my labia was horribly swollen coz tailbone pain worse...
I think can only endure.. painkiller relieve epsio wound but no effects on tailbone..

Ohyah u got do massage??my masseurhelp me do wrap which hold part of my hips.. i dunnohow it works but did help relieve my tailbone pain alot whenwrap is on

Piglim

Milk hasn't kick in n breasts don't even feel anything. Nipples sore only... . Sigh baby abit yellow still dunno if can bring her hm or not.. Abit upset cos although I said I wanted total breastfeeding I told tthem if baby not drinking enuff or is hungry supplement with formula... Just now pd came said bb test everything ok but crying alot cos hungry not enuff or no milk to drink. And cos I opt for total breastfeeding they didn't give milk to her... Wah lau... I tot must see situation also mah... I alrdy told them bb seems hungry.. As nurse they shld know how to judge also right? Somemore knowing my milk hasn't kick in... Poor thing nothing to drink for so many days (she has been crying seen yesterday alrdy) and although I know baby has reserves for 3 days she is skinny n small... So poor thing.

Stay wise like I say everything here is Gd. Nurses r friendly n nice. Otherwise no complain. But also not becos I stay in this suite la.. Cos my #1 born here also n service still the same. Haven't poo but worried how painful it will be when I do. So mummies on day number what u all started passing motion? I m so scare of the pain. When I delivered Gynae didn't cut but I got a slight tear so also needed stitches.. (Aiyo think of the labour alrdy give me the bumps not going to go thru that again... )

i had been drinking warm plain water since yesterday.. Terrible my helper ask her to make longgan tea for me only made 1 small flask good for 2 cups only... End up I so thirsty.. N I didn't want to not drink cos if no water how to get breastmilk?

Lingz12

Piglim:871797 said:
Milk hasn't kick in n breasts don't even feel anything. Nipples sore only... . Sigh baby abit yellow still dunno if can bring her hm or not.. Abit upset cos although I said I wanted total breastfeeding I told tthem if baby not drinking enuff or is hungry supplement with formula... Just now pd came said bb test everything ok but crying alot cos hungry not enuff or no milk to drink. And cos I opt for total breastfeeding they didn't give milk to her... Wah lau... I tot must see situation also mah... I alrdy told them bb seems hungry.. As nurse they shld know how to judge also right? Somemore knowing my milk hasn't kick in... Poor thing nothing to drink for so many days (she has been crying seen yesterday alrdy) and although I know baby has reserves for 3 days she is skinny n small... So poor thing.

Stay wise like I say everything here is Gd. Nurses r friendly n nice. Otherwise no complain. But also not becos I stay in this suite la.. Cos my #1 born here also n service still the same. Haven't poo but worried how painful it will be when I do. So mummies on day number what u all started passing motion? I m so scare of the pain. When I delivered Gynae didn't cut but I got a slight tear so also needed stitches.. (Aiyo think of the labour alrdy give me the bumps not going to go thru that again... )

i had been drinking warm plain water since yesterday.. Terrible my helper ask her to make longgan tea for me only made 1 small flask good for 2 cups only... End up I so thirsty.. N I didn't want to not drink cos if no water how to get breastmilk?
Aiyo.. poor bb.. miscommunication ba.. anyway I heard from my fren if u wan them to feed fm, u still have to tell them which brand to feed lor..

I onli poo 5th day post delivery.. and tat's cos my gynae said I have to go poo.. cannot keep everything inside for so long.. u taking stool softener? I took la.. but still scared.. e first time was a little bit painful which I realise later is due to piles nt stitches.. subsequently it got better as in no phobia to go poo.. so u jia you ba!

Im having sore throat now so I buay tahan and ask CL can I drink water? She say can wo.. as long as it's warm water.. so no worries ya?

Tannie

I pass motion on day 4 when at home. Gynea also give stool softener. I went when the poo is coming out... so rush to toilet, sit down n let go, no time to think haha.

U can get the nurse to give u milo instead. But if thirsty shld be ok to drink warm water. Dun worry, u will be living in suna for one month, all water will be drain away by then.

jeerin

Jeerin
It took me quite long but i cant rmb when.. but i think was probably 4 to 6mths?? Coz i rmb i googled n it says tailbone injury can tk 1 yr to recover n i was like still long way.. but the worst of it shud be within 1st 2 to 3mths.. after tt bad...

U know i hav the float to sit on for the episiotomy wound.. end up haha tt din affect me at all though my labia was horribly swollen coz tailbone pain worse...
I think can only endure.. painkiller relieve epsio wound but no effects on tailbone..

Ohyah u got do massage??my masseurhelp me do wrap which hold part of my hips.. i dunnohow it works but did help relieve my tailbone pain alot whenwrap is on
Oh my goodness.. so long to heal? How did u manage to take care of bb then? I had so much difficulties doing everything. Breast engorged but bb doesnt wants to latch on anymore alrdy.. :( he was a good latcher. What shld I do? He will just cry n I will feed him to formula alrdy. Hai...

Oh my goodness.. so long to heal? How did u manage to take care of bb then? I had so much difficulties doing everything. Breast engorged but bb doesnt wants to latch on anymore alrdy.. :( he was a good latcher. What shld I do? He will just cry n I will feed him to formula alrdy. Hai...
Yah Jeerin.. it took quite long.. when i was back to work.. i couldnt sit very long also..
but after the 1st 2 mths.. the pain got alot alot better.. during the 1st 3 weeks.. haha seriously wanna die.. always sit till the tailbone numb and when move is super achy.. I can only focus on LO and dont think abt it.. I also try to move around more.. to help my other muscle ache relieve. my labour was long and whole body muscle ache like hell... i think now you are in the peak of it all so very overwhelmed.. just focus more on your baby.. the other chores can wait.. i was lucky as i have MIL to help so i mainly take care of bb..

anyway during the confinement period.. i also suffered blocked ducts several times.. pain till cant sleep even.. though i diligently latch or pump.. haha also kena blocked (think my bra)..

I suspect your bb same like mine got nipple confusion!! got bottle easier to suck bah.. but mine din reject me so early.. mine only abt 2mth or 3mths old then impatient liao.. dont worry... just continue to try latching when bb not super hungry.. other mummies share before that they managed to retrain their bb to latch on.. on extreme.. maybe you wanna consider get lactation consultant help! got one mummy share that she ask Sis Kang from Mt A to go her place to help guide her..

if your baby dont wan to latch on.. you need to continue to pump if not after blocked.. later supply will drop..

Mummy jiayou!! all the mummies here know your pain and difficulties!! must maintain happy ok!! you will survive all these one!! no matter how tough it seems.. it will pass by in no time.. when u look back.. u will be surprised actually only one week so tough and get better and better!! wait till yr LO smile at u.. hehe

Oh dear.. how come the nurse never ask you for approval to feed formula!!
i gave birth in KKH and I also told them i try total breastfeeding.. then nurses anxious when keep checking and realised how come bb havent urine.. so they check my breasts and find no milk.. so nurse upsetly tell me.. YOUR MILK HAVENT COME IN! NO MILK! then i say.. go feed formula! thanks!! haha

KKH feeds the bottle ready Mamil Gold.. they also brought a bottle to me and teach me use cup to feed bb.. i will latch everytime before feed..

better get them to feed yr bb soon!! if not confirm jaundice worsen.. nothing goes in.. nothing comes out.. my nephew turn green lor!

By the way.. any 2nd time / 3rd time mummies have experience with your kids' butt cheek seems to be dropping out of the diapers??
my girl now 12mths 94kg 77cm tall wearing L size Goo.N diapers.. recently notice somehow her butt cheek like going to drop out from side of the diapers!!
too small?? but cannot be bah?? my nephew now 3.5yrs.. haha only wearing XL leh... hmm anyone to share??

Piglim

So bored at hm.. Lying on bed. Baby cldnt come back with me. Jaundice high need phototherapy ;(( but hopefully tml can come back. According to the nurses there Dr Ang Ai Tin always put bb on phototherapy just to b on e safe side... No choice guess hospital handles bb better.. Pumped out few miserable drops of colostrum later hubby will send back to hospital. Very thankful that e government gave daddies the 1 wk paternity leave Althou I think 2 weeks wld hv been just nice..

Really feel bad for my daughter.. This time round I not as emo as I was with my #1, mayb know what to expect bah.. That time 1st time mum like wat also cry.. Now more experience..yet becos I feel more experienced I felt like the way I m reacting now like "bochap" like that.. Sigh.. Difficult to b very fair parents.

Anw mummy pris mayb u just request for an XXL sample? But according to what I know goon size are a bit smaller so their L is smaller than other brands of L. I hv done alot of testings with the diaper brands.. Lately the bosomi n moony n all I can say is huggies still e very best. Althou I prefer their older model not this new green ultra ones (cos of the designs) but the feel is e same n still can last overnight. All other diapers failed.

gniy

hi all mummies! thank you for sharing your stories! really appreciate it. my edd is 30 may - just saw gynaw yester and did the uncomfortable cervical check and i'm still not dilated. will have to induce next Fri if no news. try doing squats twice a day and still no sign! eeeks! Lingz12 - does inducing the delivery hurt more?

thank you for sharing and hang in there! i know the breastfeeding journey is tough - so is confinement - hang in there!

Tannie

Same here I prefer old huggies. New version seems to be one size bigger. Thier new version of NB diaper is too big for my gal. I got to go search for JB. When I compare the new JB n old NB, they r same size... no wonder I dun hv this prob with no.1

Lingz12

Yes.. Goon is a bit smaller than other diapers (eg Merries).. Merries L is a little big for my girl with lots of space below.. but Goon L is jus nice.. u may wan to try a bigger size maybe?

Lingz12

gniy:871894 said:
Lingz12 - does inducing the delivery hurt more?
Actualli I have no idea if inducing is much more painful as both my labours are induced.. I have no point for comparison.. but from wat I read and wat gynae told me, inducing is much more painful.. bcos it is tricking ur body and telling it tat it is ready for labour so all e contractions come at one go.. at least it is for me.. ppl who deliver naturally have their contractions building up slowly (as least tat's wat I tink) so e body has time to slowly get used to the contractions.. but for me, e intense contractions came wham bam bam all at one go.. at one point I swear the contractions din stop.. they jus went on and on and im writhing in pain and screaming for epidural.. sorry to scare u if I did.. haha.. my advice is if u hav low pain threshold, go for epidural earlier..

gniy

at one point I swear the contractions din stop.. they jus went on and on and im writhing in pain and screaming for epidural.. sorry to scare u if I did.. haha.. my advice is if u hav low pain threshold, go for epidural earlier..
sounds superbly intense! ok i need to talk to baby :) no worries no fear - better to know what i'm in for as well. kudos!

Thankz for sharing abt diapers.. funnie thing is last time when i first start goo.n.. i find it bigger than others so i like haha esp higher waist.. young bb poop dont leak.. but now seems like most say goon is smaller haha.. i rotate between goon n bosomi n today jus started new pck on bosomi n realized bosomi dun hav spilling butt cheeks haha i guess is width..coz waist wise goon more than enuff.. omg.. my girl has big fat butt???

sounds superbly intense! ok i need to talk to baby :) no worries no fear - better to know what i'm in for as well. kudos!
For my time.. i realized tt bcoz i opt for epidural then once kick in liao they shun bian inject some stuff to help speed up siah.. tts why my dilation was faster than expected.. but think my epi slanted one side...end up left leg more numb n cann0t raise up.. during labour.. my right tummy damn pain...i was guessing coz bb like to lean to my right haha..

How exciting.. i nv regret the experience!!