EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Juzlee, if you're feeling very uncomfortable, try to advance your doctor's appointment and push it to an earlier date? Being pregnant at this stage is already tiring... Adding more woes to it will worsen your pregnancy journey! We gotta stay happy!

gniy

Thank you Char, Tannie, Lingz and Perky for the advice! Will go look out for it during the fairs and at kiddy palace! Unimom is a double pump system.

Hmm my gynae and friends recommended shopping now for the baby stuff while the stomach is still manageable. People have also been asking me if I can feel the baby moving and to be honest I don't know how it feels though. A little worried but I'm hoping it's still early or baby is gentle :) any advice experienced mummies?

Tannie

Yap u can go arnd looking and checking out the brands n decide what u wana get. Most impt is get ur hubby involve so in case u r not in time to get, he will know where n Wht to get.

Can get some essential ready like bath tub, towel, hanky, clothes etc. Some ex stuffs like breast pump, steriliser etc can try to get at baby fair or sales. Decide if u wan baby to wear disposable diaper or cloth diaper.... Sleep in cot or Yao lan etc.... A lot to prepare for first time mummy.

There is a babyfair at expose in feb, can give it a visit. I am hoping taka baby fair will be earlier....

meltie

Hi mummies! wah i had to ccatch up afew pages of posts! I came back from HK ! My no.1 started having appetite in solids! Ate rice and horfun! hehe! :) But sleep routine all haywired.. lol

Hmm Juzlee, maybe u can try to take those foods that can soften your stool? Fibre cause more stools.. :p. Take the brands essence prune essence.. i took it after delivery and it was a miracle worker for me.. stool was super soft and gentle when coming out.. :p I had piles too.. even up till now on and off when i have problems pooping, piles will come out .. :p

Thanks Tannie for creating the group!!! Let's meet up if possible! ;)

As for breast pump, my friend passed me her Medela mini electric plus for my no.1.. it was good enough.. very portable, dual pump.. suction not as strong as hospital one but still alright.. i'm thinking of buying a new medela free style ot pump in style.. Still trust in Medela.. :) Ya do get it from US or online or fairs.. :p Agree with some mummies who advise not to get them so fast.. that time my friend also said see if i got supply or not first.. if not waste money.. so she passed me hers.. haha i had alot of supply and end up didn'y buy any haha.. :p this time i think should buy liao coz pump quite old..

Wah talking about hand expressing.. was a nightmare man.. had mastitis twice and many blocked ducts throughout my 9 months of breastfeeding and pumping.. had to handexpress alot of times due to sore nipples.. hands ached like mad .. supply dropped too.. but persevered.. :p Hope this 2nd time i'll have a better experience and can better manage.. :)

Jiayou mummies!!!

ST Woo

Hi mummies, I have done my details scan. Confirmed my baby gender is a girl. She weight 340g.

Hi meltie, welcome back!

I remembered my 1st one not much supply and the breast pump was borrowed from my sis. At the end I also use my hand to express out the milk. I thinking to buy a manual one will be just nice for me.

Ya, how to add to the Facebook group?

m0m0ko

Tannie is in a mth that I gain that much~ Jialat. . Bb also overweight like me. 450g

Meltie welcome back~

Think we don't have a fb page yet

I did my detailed scan and 99% is a girl, weight is 373g, 20gm heavier than my first boy. Me and hubby was happy to hear this. I can finally buy sweet pretty girl's clothes!

m0m0ko > I saw that Tannie had created a Facebook page for EDD May 2014, should be a private grp, so must ask her to add mummies into the grp

m0m0ko

I did my detailed scan and 99% is a girl, weight is 373g, 20gm heavier than my first boy. Me and hubby was happy to hear this. I can finally buy sweet pretty girl's clothes!

m0m0ko > I saw that Tannie had created a Facebook page for EDD May 2014, should be a private grp, so must ask her to add mummies into the grp
Omg~~ now I really think my girl is super overweight le~

Tannie please add me. Novlove85@yahoo.com.sg

Welcome back meltie too! I just joined here last week! Though my EDD is 24th April, I feel we have a lot in common! Most active mummies here have #1! Great to be sharing experiences!

I'm hoping my 2nd breastfeeding journey will be better too! I just dislike blocked ducts and engorgements! Tell me about it... Lol!

My gynae never tells me my baby's weight, even with my first. It's so good that your gynaes tell you... Maybe I should try asking! Or was it written on the scan paper?

meltie

Welcome back meltie too! I just joined here last week! Though my EDD is 24th April, I feel we have a lot in common! Most active mummies here have #1! Great to be sharing experiences!

I'm hoping my 2nd breastfeeding journey will be better too! I just dislike blocked ducts and engorgements! Tell me about it... Lol!
Hihi perkyperky! Welcome! How old is your no.1? My no.1 is 15.5 mths now.. super active .. trying to walk.. :p I had a super tough start to my motherhood and throughout my breastfeeding journey.. hope 2nd one easier.. :p

Tannie has created a FB group! Let her know your email and she'll add u!

Wow looks like alot of you are having girls too! We can spree on baby girls clothes tog! :)

MindOveMatter

Hello all, am new to this forum.
Gotten a shock when I saw all the diff mum weight gains and baby weight!
I'm 23.5wks now, gained abt 6.6kg and my baby last weighed in at 620g according to the FA scan?!
Have been told since the first scanning that she's "big/tall", in the 95% now :O
Gynae even questioned if I got my last menses date correct (duh)
Dunno why she is so big cos we have skinny genes in the family haha
Shd i be worried?

I'm a normal eater, no MS, first baby, plus she is a girl.
Been taking milk with Anmum powder once a day (recommended is 2x a day)

I heard that babies who are too big will be hard to deliver naturally and will need to do C-sect.
Really prefer natural birth...

Asked gynae and she just said "its ok ur baby is developing well." :/

mindovermatter,

i do agree as long as baby is growing well should be fine. The only down side is we mummy might have a hard time carrying big baby in tummy :) especially last trimester, tummy might get bigger at the quick rate.

I believe most mummies would want a natural birth, but there are times whereby we are hit by difficult circumstances whereby we need to undergo c sec.

For my case, my first pregnancy i was overdue by 1 day, when i admit into hospital, gynae broke my water bag in the morning, but after 7 hours , i am still 4-5 cm
dilated, nurses encourage me to take epidural because think that i might be too nervous and cervix is dilating slower. They want me to relax, so ok, i opt for epidural.
But after 10 hours, only 7cm and until 12 hours still no improvement, got a call from gynae and she comfort me and told me a emergency c-sec is required. i agree i was sad, but my friends comfort me over the phone saying for mum and bb safety, no matter c-sec or natural, as long bb is good, we mummies will be happy.

My bb weigh 3.56kg, not really very big to me though, but the head is slightly big. Now he is 19 months and still in the 90 percentile, and i do hope the second one will be average size to make my life easier when looking after them.haha

Meltie, my first is now 17 months. Ya! Mine's super active and don't like sitting in her pram. Many baby girls. It's always more girls than boys. The year I gave birth (dragon year; 2012) is also infested with more girls than boys.

Well, right now with us having a little bit more experience, I sure do hope that our 2nd will be much easier to handle!

I've sent Tannie a private message here to let her know my FB email address, but I didn't get any invitation to any EDD May 2014 group...

Hi all MTB!

A 1st time mummy here, EDD is 19 May 2014 :)

I have slipped disc previously hence I have no idea how a back without pain feels like for years already.. Now that I am pregnant, seems like the pain is getting worse :( I used to visit a chinese sinseh to ‘crack’ or adjust my bones to make my back feels better but my gynae asked me not to go now that I am pregnant.. But my whole right back and whole right leg till my foot really hurts which makes walking and sleeping painful too.. Really don’t know what to do..

I am afraid if I don’t do anything, the pain will only get worse, esp towards 3rd tri.. Anyone has any remedy for backache? Or can I still go visit the chinese sinseh? The sinseh tells me it is ok to visit even though I am pregnant but gynae says no.. So I am in a dilemma..

CharChia

jessybebee, welcome and congratulations...

I too share your problem of slip disc and has been seeing a chinese sinseh...

my frist pregnancy, my gynae also told me to avoid cracking my back... but then really cannot coz as time goes, baby grow, the back pain gets worse and difficult to get up... called my chinese sinseh and he ask me to return... went back and he realign my back felt so much better... and after that, each time pain I will go to the sinseh.
. once u reach the 3rd trimester, dun be surprise that you will be visiting the sinseh every week... Now for my second pregnancy I have been seeing my chinese sinseh since 1st trimester till now... mot saying it is ok, coz ot also depends on how well u know ur simseh and how confident ur sinseh is in helping you to ease the ache, not affecting your pregnancy and preparing for birth...

if you are going for natural birth, epidural is very hard to opt out... this is because I didn't have any contraction pain but sereve back pain till I totally felt numb half body down and couldn't move... Immediatwly my husband sent me to hospital and they will monitor the baby, then realise there was contractions which I couldn't feel at all... gynae says must take epidural if I want natural birth otherwise will have no strength to push... so be prepared... when I took epidural, there was no pain at all plus till no now my back pain did not increase...