EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

Hi, for my 1st pregnancy my husband bought for me the medela swing... super no good coz suction not strong at all...

by the way use single pump very tiring coz pump one side the other busy leaking...

recently bought the unimon forte from mothercare for my second pregnancy... hope it is much better... I dun need a portable pump coz I m a SAHM...

meltie

JA13, i had alot of mummy friends that tried and tested alot of brands, they concluded and told me to just go for electric pumps and must be double pump. As for brand, they swear by medela pump in style or freestyle.. best suction and can hands free.. mine was a hand me down medele mini electic duo.. still alright, but i can feel suction is quite weak and ita weaker coz its not brand new.. i took to service but still the pump is not as strong.. i'm thinking if i shld go ahead and get the free style ... :p

Lingz12

I did research for my first pregnancy and medela came up tops.. And yes, electric dual pump is recommended as it saves time and effort! But I have colleagues who swear by manual pumps too, claiming their yield is more with a manual pump.. But I really cannot imagine myself doing tat for a year, multiply by x times a day.. And dual pump is good cos it pumps both sides at e same time, saves time, esp if u are a working mum and sneaking sme time here and there in office to pump..

I bought a freestyle us set for my first pregnancy.. Still thinking to continue using or buy a new set cos I find e suction getting a little weaker and it being a us set, bringing to medela to service cost much more than a local set I tink..

One of the FB grp tat I joined posted tat Mothercare is having a baby bazaar right now.. Freestyle bundle going for 599.. But wen I look at the flyer online, it seems to exclude the cooler bag, ice brick and tote bag.. So still tinking..

meltie

Ya! Dual pump saves time and energy.. coz the other side will be leaking when there's a letdown.. manual pump really works ur hand power.. but portable as don't need to plug in.. Hmm Lingz , my hubby brought 2 medela pumps to svc last time at toh guan area i think.. about $100 for a pump i think..

Hmm yup mothercare got baby bazaar! Hmm i'm also thinking if i shld get the pump.. or shld i wait for mummy's market.. :p

Lingz12

Oooh I mean I think it cost more to service a us set than to service a local set.. If spending 100 bucks can improve e suction I dun mind.. Just scared after spending e money, suction still e same due to normal "wear and tear" then waste money leh..

The mothercare baby bazaar 599 seems onli include e pump leh.. Then like nt realli worth it.. I wasn't tinking abt baby market.. I was tinking more of taka fair.. haha.. there's usually a taka baby fair smewhere in March right? I hope there is! Usually got v good deals one.. As for baby market, it's quite near my EDD.. Tink im probably too big to go.. And kinda last min to still b running errands.. Haha..

Oh, for second-time mummies.. Do u all plan to buy another stroller or buy a tandem stroller? How about car seat? I haven bought anything for bb yet! *guilty* Cos nt sure wat I shld buy leh.. Hubby say buy another stroller but our current capella's wheels are a bit spoilt oredi (very heavily and roughly utilised.. ha!).. So dunno shld get 1 new stroller or 1 tandem stroller.. But tandem strollers are so bulky! Car seat too! If we get one more, I dunno how im gonna sit.. If 2 car seats at e back, how am I gonna squeeze in the middle in the backseat? Unless we put #1 in her car seat buckled to the front passenger seat? But like v dangerous leh.. hmm..

CharChia

my no.1 has two strollers so they share... as for car seat dun think will be getting coz if not really no space to sit already...

anyway 14 to 16 Feb there is a baby expo 2014 at suntec... do check the website if there is anything u can get as catalogue is provided...
Baby Expo 2014 | 14-16 Feb

CharChia

if 2 car seats plus strollers at the back makes me wonder if the back of the car can handle the weight when driving through the humps especially some are high...

Tannie

I had medela swing n regret buying it... I really dun think it's good. I am getting a dual pump this time. I think medela is over priced, thinking of getting unimon, read good reviews online. It is way cheaper $299 for the bundle at mother care sales... but not sure if I will be able to get it.

I think there isn't much pump selling at baby expo...

Yap I also headache about the car seat thingy. I definitely cannot squeeze in between 2 car seats at the back... was thinking if I can jus get a booster seat for my 2 yrs old... thou she will be too small to be in booster...

CharChia

Tannie, ya totally agree that medela is overpriced... I just bought the unimon forte from mothercare at $288 not $299... Just take note it is not portable.

Tannie

The bundle that is selling at Mother Care sales includes other things n is selling $299. I dun intend to pump in the office so I dun need a portable one. One thing good abt this unimon, u can switch from electric to maunal... so those who wish to get manual pump might consider this too.

meltie

Ya.. installing 2 carseats at the back of the car makes it almost impossible to squeeze another person in between.. wonder if its gonna be safe w 2 bubs at the back by themselves... :p boot space also limited.. just managed to squeeze my quinny and capella.. haha whole car full of baby gear.. no space to put groceries!!!

Hmm ya medela is ex.. :p that's why i'm still considering... arghhh.. just worried ny old pump will die on me and last min i can't get another one... :p

I should be checkinh out the mothercare sale.. :)

Tigry

Hi, I noticed that a lot of second time mummies are buying a new breast pump. Is there any reason for that? Was planning to use my old pump and just replace the parts.

CharChia

I bought the pump before the sales as they allow the sale price... so didn't see the crowd... I change pump coz I didn't like the first one at all...

Lingz12

I was tinking of changing pump cos my pump's suction is getting weak.. Not sure if it's due to normal wear and tear since I was exclusively pumping for a year or bcos water got into the motor.. I did change the spare parts before but it doesnt improve much.. Tat's y im tinking of getting a new set..

Tannie

Hi, I noticed that a lot of second time mummies are buying a new breast pump. Is there any reason for that? Was planning to use my old pump and just replace the parts.
I owned a single pump previously n got v frustrated so decided to change to a dual one. If u r ok with old ones, dun waste money...

Tigry

I owned a single pump previously n got v frustrated so decided to change to a dual one. If u r ok with old ones, dun waste money...
I see I see, thanks. My old one is a single pump and not that great but I can live with it! Haha