EDD May 2014 (maybe)

ebichan

Melancholy, mini1c3, welcome!
8th week will be to check the heartbeat! A major milestone!

Mine will be in 2 weeks time so hoping to take it easy and pace myself until then.

A big harlo to all May mummies!

I have yet to see gynae but by calculation I should be May mummy? Haha!

Btw, anyone seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ at TMC?

mrsxu

i experienced sharp abdominal pain just nw for abt 15mins...was tossing & turning in bed...
thankfully subsided and i hope all is good...

ebichan

mrsxu sometimes I get a jolt of pain in the lower abdominal too. But I have no bleeding or anything.

Mrs Wang, how many weeks are you? I am about 6 weeks but I do not have any morning sickness.

My next apt is 21 Sept to check heartbeat. I hope there is something then so I can keep progressing to the next stage. Just feels uneasy as as it is so early days and not out of red zone yet.

miso

Hello! Congrats to all MTB!

My first appt will be on the 21st Sep too. This will be my first child so I'm very excited but also anxious as I had a chemical pregnancy once. So i'm a little paranoid this time round.

Been feeling nauseous for the past few days. I just pray that I can see the yolk sac and hear the heartbeat on the 21st.

amyng76

Hi mummies, congratulations on your pregnancy.

I have some tickets to give away to Heidi Murkoff talk at Rise and Shine Expo on 27th Sept.

Heidi, author of the world's best selling book "what to expect when you're expecting", will be sharing all the things you need to know across your 10 months of pregnancy.

Her talk is from 12.00 pm to 2.00 pm on 27th Sept, Friday.

any interest, please pm me at amyng76@outlook.com :)

Attachments

Last edited:

mrsxu

ebichan: i heard from my cousin that the pain at the abdominal might be due to uterus expanding.
anyway i will speak with my gyane when i see him on monday (second visit) and hoping to be able to hear heartbeat of bb.

feeling like shit for the past few days...giddy spells for whole day.....辛苦!

newkiwimum

Hi there,

I am also a first time mum-to-be in approx May 2014.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me when I should make first appointment with on. I am planning to book at KKH.
What happens at first appointment and what kind of costs are involved?

Thanks in advance....

ebichan

Hi there,

I am also a first time mum-to-be in approx May 2014.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me when I should make first appointment with on. I am planning to book at KKH.
What happens at first appointment and what kind of costs are involved?

Thanks in advance....
Congratulations!
When I went the first time, it was very early in my pregnancy, maybe 2-3 weeks.
So we did a blood test only. The next visit was to discuss my blood test results which confirmed the pregnancy and also results of the standard hepatitis, herpes, etc including Toxoplasmosis (which all showed negative which was good). Then I had an intra-vaginal scan to confirm that the pregnancy was in the right place (not ectopic) and we measured the yolk sac and gestational sac. This was around 5-6 weeks.
I will go back for another visit at week 7.5 to check for a heartbeat. So that's a major milestone I'm aiming for.

I am sorry I cant comment on costs as I go to a private doctor at Mt E. It won't cost much I reckon for the first visit including blood tests (mine was about 250 I think)

ebichan

ebichan: i heard from my cousin that the pain at the abdominal might be due to uterus expanding.
anyway i will speak with my gyane when i see him on monday (second visit) and hoping to be able to hear heartbeat of bb.

feeling like shit for the past few days...giddy spells for whole day.....辛苦!
Mrs Xu
Let us know how your visit goes tomorrow! So exciting milestone!!

I have no symptoms but my breasts have grown a lot and hurts a lot with visible veins
and I'm tired a lot but not giddy

Do you work?
I'm not sure how i can sustain a full work day without napping...

jojosnake

Hi mommies-to be.. tested + 1 week ago.. approx edd based on last LMP should be mid-may.
Now waiting for next week check up for heartbeat if possible.. by then i should be ard 6weeks plus.

hi ebichan.. *waves
same like you, i only have bloated tummy when im full else it is just the sore boobs.
Im taking duphaston as well, but right now i dont have any ms yet even taking it.. is it normal?
i feel tired prob because im taking care of no. 1.

ebichan

Hi Jojosnake *waves*
ive been getting more messages from people saying they dont have ms and they are quite advanced in their pregnancy so hoping mine is a sticky bean!

anyway I thought I could share with you girls what my naturopath suggested for me
- prenatal vitamins called Thorne Basic Prenatal and DHA Nordic Naturals
- continue with Folic acid/ folate
- eat a lot of proteins, coloured veges, non-organic meat if poss
- suggested Free Range eggs (I forgot the eggs brand but it only comes in a 6 pack and is in gray and green box)
these eggs have less hormones in them
- lay off caffeine including milo and cocoa like dark chocolate

yunhyea

Hi ...

i'm a first mummy to be .... i tested positive for pregnancy last Monday and went to see gynae ( Dr Adrian ) for ultrasound but doc cant scan anything.
He suggested to go to Thomson for first trimester viability scan but still scan nothing :( ... gynae later asked for blood test and asked to visit him today. But am worry it is still early to scan so thinking to change to Thu ...

I didn't realize that I'm pregnant and I ate raw cockles and fish :( ... and didn't aware that batang fish contains mercury and I'm been consume it like 3 times per week :( ... very worry now ....

ebichan

Hi ...

i'm a first mummy to be .... i tested positive for pregnancy last Monday and went to see gynae ( Dr Adrian ) for ultrasound but doc cant scan anything.
He suggested to go to Thomson for first trimester viability scan but still scan nothing :( ... gynae later asked for blood test and asked to visit him today. But am worry it is still early to scan so thinking to change to Thu ...

I didn't realize that I'm pregnant and I ate raw cockles and fish :( ... and didn't aware that batang fish contains mercury and I'm been consume it like 3 times per week :( ... very worry now ....
Hi, could it be just still too early to see anything? Are you about 3-4 weeks?

I wasnt able to see gestational sac until week 5-6 actually.

I understand your worries about fish and mercury poisoning but i think you did not expose yourself for too long so it should be ok. We have always heard of many mums not knowing they were preg until much later and have been doing all sorts of drinking, etc.

Rest well in the meantime and eat well too, that's the best you can do for your baby! (thats what I tell myself)

yunhyea

Hi, actually i'm not sure how many weeks i am :) ...
my lmp is 28th july 2013 but my cycle is around 34 days ... maybe going to 5 weeks ?

thanks for your advise :) everything will be alright :)

JA13

Hi All, I am new to this forum.. I just found out I am pregnant using Clearblue test kit this morning!.. My hubby n myself are so excited and happy to learn the news.. We will be visiting our gynae this Thursday for confirmation.