EDD May 2014 (maybe)

sherin86

Hi mummies,do u all have weird appetite? like sometimes still hungry after a meal then sometime so full until can't tahan?

sherin86

So it's normal. Cause my first pregnancy I din encounter tt. So kind of worried if it's normal. Who is gg for James lee at tpy? din chose to go back to my first gynae cause felt tt he sux.

jojosnake

Hi ladies, went for my gynae checkup and heard bb's hb at wk6.
was so worried before that cos last m/c i didnt manage to get the hb and it was a missed m/c.
i hope baby will stay healthy thru' out.. :)

I did inform my team leader as i was given 3days mc due to flu and my office is currently undergoing reno.
so gynae wants me to rest as much as i can to fully recover. work-related issues wont be pantang de.. as long as we dont go ard spreading.. haha..

my ms has hits me badly.. feeling nausea, queasiness, bloated and gassy.. very bad food aversions and craving for all unhealthy stuffs.
hope we will pass this first tri sooooooooooon..

jy all ladies!

I just ate at 12noon and now 2 hrs later I'm already hungry... but at the same time, feel a bit bloated too :(

I don't intend to inform my boss or team yet... until after the first trimester... just to be safe... plus you know how in Singapore I think some employers are still kinda biased against pregnant staff... like we're lazy or less capable or something... don't get me wrong, my boss is awesome, but just to be on the safe side :)

ebichan - not sure what testing my gynae will subject me to on the 18th of Oct, but guessing not the Oscar test... wow you're one lucky mama! A lot of my friends above 31, 32 have difficulty conceiving even after 4, 5 years of trying... you're blessed to be preggy :)

As you mummies-to-be progress week by week in your pregnancy journey, what new symptoms do you experience?

I'm mid-way through my 7th week, and today I started having heartburn :(

xiongmao

Anyone doing the Oscar test soon?
I'm worried about my high risk.
im 37. My first ever pregnancy.
hi there, I am also first time mummy and I am 38. I can understand your worries, same here. I will be going for my first gynae checkup next week

xiongmao

As you mummies-to-be progress week by week in your pregnancy journey, what new symptoms do you experience?

I'm mid-way through my 7th week, and today I started having heartburn :(
My MS kicked in during 7th week, been feeling bloated, nausea. I feel sudden hunger and at times just barely a few bites of food and I feel so full that I want to throw up

bearyworm

I'm also in the mid of my 7th week. I feel more nausea in the evening, and woke up once in the middle of the night due to heartburn.

Exact symptoms as xiongmao, hunger pangs can strike so suddenly, yet after I eat a few mouthful I feel like throwing up. Feel so contradictory. My MS kicked in few days ago only.

allele

Hi all! Im a new here.. just tested positive on yesterday afternoon and truly excited & happy about it!

This will be my second child. I havent make appointment with gynae yet but based on iphone app i think my due date is around end of May. Hehe..

sherin86

So excited.can't wait for my first gynae chk up on Thursday! hopefully everything is okay... had been having dunno is cramp or what but it painful ard my lower abdominal area on and off specially at night ..

sherin86 - oh dear, maybe you can call your gynae and tell him/her about your pain... I don't think it is normal leh.. :(

xiongmao and bearyworm - hang in there! Just a few more weeks then the 1st trimester will be over... that's what I tell myself, haha... to be honest, I kinda still don't feel very "pregnant".. cos still no MS... will call my gynae on Wed if still no MS... but I do feel dizzy and carsick in taxis... but no vomitting... hmm...

allele - welcome! Since you're already a mummy you must be quite experienced already.. can give us advice hehe

Btw anyone feel they are slightly more temperamental or hormonal or mood swings?

Hahaha I find myself more irritable than usual, like to "scold" (in my head la) people who smoke near me, who are inconsiderate and block the way, who have B.O.... speaking of which, my sense of smell is super sharp now!! LOL

xiongmao

Btw anyone feel they are slightly more temperamental or hormonal or mood swings?

Hahaha I find myself more irritable than usual, like to "scold" (in my head ) people who smoke near me, who are inconsiderate and block the way, who have B.O.... speaking of which, my sense of smell is super sharp now!! LOL
Yup! I am short tempered lately. Yea, I will "scold" them in my mind, esp those inconsiderate cyclists on the pavement. I think the MS made me short tempered, the physical discomfort really makes one more impatient. Yah, my sense of smell is sharper now, I can smell ciggie metres away. Suddenly it seems that there are lots of yucky smell around me.

sherin86

excitedwifey - called up my gynae to clarify.. she says its okay as long as there is no spotting or bleeding.. ahhaa... kind of worried cause nvr encounter this during my first preggy...

xiongmao - good to know I am not the only one! My hubby like has to give me "pep talks" to cool me down after I flare up, haha... but true, really can smell so much more things... like yesterday I was walking around the national shooting centre (hubby's 30th birthday so surprised him with a trip there with his family) and I was asking "what is that smell!!!" And no one else knew what I was talking about... until I finally figured out I was smelling a kind of muddy smell from the muddy area... which is quite far away from the tarmac we were on, haha

sherin86 - good that you're okay! and thanks for sharing... in case any of us got cramping in lower abdomen too then won't worry ourselves unnecessarily :)

Actually, just to share, sorry if TMI :p - I was spotting a bit, light pinkish colour, after intercourse over the weekend... I was pretty sure it's OK as long as it's not bleeding per se, but hubby was super worried... in fact he didn't wanna do it cos he said 1st trimester better be safe... but I was thinking that's like quite long... cannot be no life at all during 1st trimester right?... plus hubby birthday weekend... haha so anyway since he was so worried I googled around, and it's because of increased bloodflow to the cervix and increased sensitivity, that's why got light spotting.. but hubby was so worried until he said he dreamt about it as well! So he kept on asking me if still got spotting... but anyway it was only for 1 day... so anyway, just to share, in case anyone has the same issue :)

allele

Excitedwifey- Sure.. I will help to answer if I can. But each pregnancy will be different, I had a smooth pregnancy previously and I'm not sure about this one.
Haha.. So ya, let's share our experience here.

xiongmao

yah my hubby will ask me to cool down otherwise BB will become little chilli padi or little fire cracker :)

Last edited: