EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Hi all,

Have changed my next visit and scan to 23rd Dec... detailed scan remains on 27 Jan for now, though if we can't determine gender on 23rd Dec, I will probably push up my detailed scan cos I'm excited to see if we're having a boy or girl :p

I have a feeling it's a boy but then it's 50-50... any of you were able to correctly predict your baby's gender? Haha

Lingz12

During my first pregnancy, I love spicy food a lot and I had tom yam practically every alternate day.. And it's indeed a girl.. This time round, I still like spicy food - laksa, tom yam, chilli padi etc.. But not to e extent of tom yam every alternate day la.. But gynae said likely a boy this time.. So may not be all true? Maybe it doesnt realli apply to me cos im someone who realli love chilli irregardless of whether im preggie or not.. haha..

meltie

I am a petson who loves spicy food.. like lingz12.. in my both pregnancy i love even more spicy food haa.. 1st was a girl.. 2nd likely a girl.. but i hope its not true!

Hmm i dun really believe in fengshui.. just got some old wives tales to follow.. other than that i'll just be careful.. anyway i will only go and see when they are not doung works like hammering/painting.. my ID knows and will arrange.. getting hubby to mknitor reno.. i think i'll just be bz packing for the shift and unpacking after that.. bz takkng care of no.1.. also can't help in shifting.. lol

mrsjlim

I'm a person who love spicy food but when I pregnant with this bb I suddenly hate spicy food , can't tolerate a bit of spiciness! Perhaps the old wife's tales are accurate for majority?

How about for those of us who suddenly like salty and fried foods? Baby boy or girl? :p

I usually have a sweet tooth but now that I'm expecting, totally not into sweet stuff, haha

Lingz12

Hmm.. old wives tale la.. They say if u crave sweet and spicy then likely girl.. If u crave salty and savory food, then likely boy..

I also dislike spicy foods. more craving for sweet things.... cake, ice-cream, candies.... everything that is sweet..... OMG
Hate Curry, especially during 1st trim, very scared of vomit. so i totally avoid. nothing spicy for me too.

JA13

I heard abt it too.. sweet stuff more towards girl.. salty towards boys..

I just went to see gynae! But he cannot confirm is boy or not but he said 70% is boy.. heartbeat @ 146bpm so excited.. haha.. but hubby said wait till next visit scan to confirm.. he wants a girl.. :D

I went for the scan yesterday. And I got 99% is boy. baby open the legs super wide. But we still want to wait till detail scan to confirm the gender.

I am quite happy, at least not so disappointed. heheh but husband wants a baby girl.

JA13

Winniemint, 99% is certain! Congrats! Both our husband wants girls n we both wants boy.. so fun.. hee.. When is ur detailed scan? Mine on 15 Jan 1mth + to go..

JA13, mine is on 26 Dec, afternoon. 3 more weeks to go. congratz to you too!! we are happy mommy but as long as the baby is healthy most important. :)

By the way, anyone of you start buying baby stuffs or already have hand down item......

I bought quite a few baby clothes already... :p I know babies outgrow their clothes very fast and we should try to save money by using hand-me-downs but... I can't help it, I'm gonna be a 1st time mum and I am a bit iffy about using 2nd hand clothes... my rationale being I don't even wear 2nd hand clothes so why should I make my baby do so... LOL...

My friend also told me things like baby bathtub or stroller or crib should just use 2nd hand one... but... same thing lor, I'm a sucker for new stuff :( and I'm a bit paranoid of germs and whatnot... got anyone else feel the same way as me or you guys just think I'm crazy? Haha

I feel it's ok and understand you. As long as you buy what you need will do. For me, i will choose. I will only take those things that still look brand new, either we know the person very well, like no pets at their home. Cos i personally cannot stand pet hair. so i choose. of cos will buy some new clothes for baby since we will confirm the gender in another 3 weeks (detail scan).

shersy

mine's a boy and it's been confirmed. so happy because I wanted a boy also. haha. hope all mummies are doing well! :)

ST Woo

Hi, I liked to eat spicy food like Tom yam for my 1st pregnancy and I gave virt to a boy. As for this time, I like to eat something sour cannot take spicy food...hope my 2nd pregnancy is a girl...haha...

Haiz.... I'm having stomachache now and I have finished my charcoal pills. I'm not sure can I take the Chinese pill...I try to apply ruyi oil first hope can ease my pain.

Lingz12

excitedwifey.. I understand how u feel.. I feel e same too for my first pregnancy.. everything I oso say I wanna buy.. haha.. cos I tink is personal hygiene leh.. strollers and car seat we will use often so I dun mind buying.. same with pumps and sterilisers and bottles.. other things im more ok like clothes.. my mil have me tons but they are all so awful with patches of yellow stains (yucks - dunno pee or drool or poo!).. I noe I sound ungrateful but I dun wan my girl to be dressed like a beggar.. so I kept e nicer ones and returned mil e rest.. I bought a lot of new clothes for her too! cos girl ma.. can doll up.. but realise she outgrew them v fast.. most of them she wore like once onli? so my advice would be no problem with buying but mus b rational.. if nt super waste money leh.. hee..

dr3amlici0us

Dear Ladies, I'm new to this forum. My EDD is 20 May 2013 and happy to join you girls! This is my first pregnancy and pretty excited. We are expecting a princess. :shyxxx:

zzb8200

I wish to consult mother of more than 1kids, may I know when ur feet is swelling, what is the type n brand of shoe u r wearing? I am in dilemma of scroll cover shoe or fitflop slipper.
Million Thanks!