EDD May 2014 (maybe)

ST Woo

Welcome dr3amlici0us and Congrats!

Hi zzb8200, I don't have idea what brand of shoe to buy. So far for 1st pregnancy and this is my 2nd so I'm not sure yet. I will prefer one or half size bigger for the shoes. How about other's mummies? Got any brand of shoes to recommend.

ST Woo

Oh sorry I did not type finish my sentence. I meant I did not experience swelling for my first pregnancy so not sure for this time...hee

Lingz12

oh mine swell like mad.. I had severe water retention.. my feet swelled so much tat I cant see my ankles.. totally pig trotters.. I wore crocs, tat's e onli shoe I can wear comfortably and I wore 1 size bigger than usual.. realli hope history wun repeat itself for this pregnancy.. anybody got more comfy shoes to recommend? ;)

Tannie

I wore sketchers... But this time round the designs r not v nice. I also wore flip flop in office. U might wana try hush puppies. If u have not experience any swelling, dun rush into buying shoes, u will not know how big ur size will go up to. My friend went one size bigger, I remain same size but need broader shoes. Try to get good support n cushioned shoes, u will not regret spending abit more esp at the later part of pregnancy. Remember to test if it is slippery.

lingz12 did u drink v little water? Heard not enof water intake will cause water retention. I experienced water retention at about 8 months... N leg cramp too.

chinhuahua

Hi meltie! I naively tot if I diligently apply,will prevent growing. I'm currently using clarins oil and cream. I'm having my detailed scan on 18th this month and I also can't wait to confirm the gender! During my first trimester I have severe morning sickness so I was confirmed that I'm carrying a gal. Then my nose starts to grow bigger and all my frens predict I'm carrying a boy! But gynae says most likely is a gal although baby's position is making it difficult to confirm. I'm so excited to find out the gender!

chinhuahua

Hi all mommies.. i have mixed cravings.. During my first trimester I have a sweet tooth and I like Tom yam. But now in my 2nd trimester I'm starting to like salty and deep fried food. I'm craving for fast food and processed food all the time and I'm so guilty of that. Will I harm the baby by eating so much junk food? And I love to drink coke! Oh damn guilty.. :shyxxx:

Lingz12

dunno leh.. after gynae said I might be drinking too little water I oredi tried to drink a lot but no use.. this time round im consciously drinking more water, hopefully it wun b as bad.. my mum was telling me she has nvr seen such bad water retention before.. neither did my grandma.. so it wasnt genetic.. realli dunno wat's wrong.. gynae said im jus one of those suay-er ones.. ppl glow during pregnancy.. but I look like an oversized hippo.. hahaha..

chinhuahua

Hi tannie, I oso went to look at sketchers, the designs are not appealing. I saw a lot of preggies wearing fitflops. I'm tinking of getting a pair too.

Tannie

dont know .. after gynae said I might be drinking too little water I oredi tried to drink a lot but no use.. this time round im consciously drinking more water, hopefully it wun b as bad.. my mum was telling me she has never seen such bad water retention before.. neither did my grandma.. so it wasnt genetic.. really dont know what's wrong.. gynae said im just one of those suay-er ones.. ppl glow during pregnancy.. but I look like an oversized hippo.. hahaha..
Maybe try not to stand too long n raise ur feet with pillows when lying down or sitting down? Good luck to u for this pregnancy.

Lingz12

thanks Tannie! I jus hope it will be different this time esp since different gender.. time to get e compression stockings out!

zzb8200

Thanks mummies. I bought fitflop in e end as it can support my back but I didn't buy 1 size bigger, hope swelling not serious.

meltie

Hey mummies.. i had a fall on fri night while attending a bbq at ntu.. it was wet and lots of stairs! Thank God i hust had a sprain and some minor wounds around my feet.. broke my fall abit .. was going down the stairs where i slipped at the last step which was a tile that was slippery.. :p After that i was fine and continued bbq.. left ankle abit sprained feeling but still can walk.. sigh i think my haviannas not as gd already.. heng i was just going to toilet and was not carrying my gal..

I also slipped and fell in nuh carpark last yr while i was 4-5mths pregnant.. after that i quickly went to buy a cushioned flat with rubber soles.. There was a branded shoes sale at taka and i bought Hush puppies flats and a scholl slippers.. the flats was one of the nicer designs liao.. red one.. the rest was ugly brown lol.. but it served me v well as i had to walk alot in my job.. nv gave me any blisters and was v comfy. Scholl slippers i seldom wear coz abit ugly.. shall dig out n wear this time.. As for size, i did not have much swelling, hence i bought what fits me. Also v impt, coz too big might cause u to tip or kick.. so maybe u can consider buying another pair if your fit really swells up.. I had alot of leg cramps though.. esp in the middle of the night! 2 legs cramped together! Totally helpless! hope this time round won't have!

Sigh, was slping but woke up just now coz had v v painful diarrhea.. argh must be the sample donut i ate at ion... :/ stomach still v unstable now.. :(

Can't get back to sleep.. saw bigbig breaking news abt the Little India riot that happened earlier.. seems v scary.. i hope SG is still safe for us!

Take care mummies!!!

Aiyoh meltie, must be careful and take care! Yah I had been having calf cramps every day last week, super sian -_- but I tried drinking more water before sleeping and for the past 2 days, no cramps so seems to work :) Maybe you can try?

Yah, the Little India riots... so scary... life in SG really seems to be going from bad to worse :(

Lingz12

aiyo Meltie, be careful ah!

beginning to feel bb more these days.. esp wen im lying down preparing to go to sleep.. nvr fails to put a smile on my face.. hee..

You girls can feel baby moving within you already?! I don't... neither do I have a proper baby bump yet... just a bigger stomach LOL... but maybe cos my EDD is end May and as of today I'm in the mid of week 16?

When did you girls start feeling baby moving and/or have a baby bump showing?

ST Woo

meltie, be more careful. We should wear a non-slip shoe. I also thinking to buy one for working. I will be going back to work next Monday.

Mummies, I can see and feel my tummy little bigger..today is my 16 weeks...jia you all mummies

miso

Hi meltie, my scan on the 23rd is quite late at 1pm at xray dept of Gleneagles. Gynae appt is at 4.30pm later in the day. Don't think we will see each other. Haha..

As for morning sickness, i sometimes still gagged when brushing. Bleah. Hate the feeling.

I have been feeling baby move more and more each day! So exciting isn't it? Even as i type now, baby is moving! haha...

Gynae say can't see anything between the legs at the last scan so likely a gal but she also cannot confirm and wanna wait till the detailed scan at 20 weeks to confirm.

I'm craving for sweet stuff all the time! Ice Cream, fruits, chocolate, cakes etc... Sigh. Hopefully i don't put on too much weight from all the sweet stuff.

miso

Hi excitedwifey, I think my bump started showing at week 13/14? Coz that's when people started to ask me if i'm preggie. When i ask them how can they tell, they will say coz i'm skinny so its obvious. -_- Haha...

As for baby moving, i think i started feeling movements in my 16/17th week. Very faint movement once in a while and only when i lie flat on my back. Now the movements are getting more frequent and more obvious.