EDD May 2014 (maybe)

chinhuahua

Hi meltie, hope ur feeling better now. Be careful all mummies as these few days kept raining heavily.. hey mummies, u all can start feeling baby moving? I'm 19 weeks but still can't feel baby move. Is this normal?

Tannie

I am in 18th wks n jus felt my baby movement yesterday. I remember I dun feel my baby this early for first pregnancy. My gynea said prob is gal so movement more gentle.

Hi mummies,

how ow is the feeling like when the baby move?

i dunno how to tell the movement of the baby...only smtimes when I lie on the sides...then I felt abit of like thumping feeling...like a heartbeat feeling but it's at the stomach area on the side...is that baby movement? I'm gg into the 19 weeks...

Tannie

Kan cheong mummy, prob ur baby is having hiccups ;) my gal always hiccup in my tummy last time... ESP middle of night.

chinhuahua

Does ur tummy hurts when ur baby moves? How would u best describe the feeling of baby moving? Itchy feeling or like somebody kicking ur tummy feels like a cramp?

Lingz12

hmm.. I tink at this point, baby's movement shld not be painful.. as they get bigger and starts pressing down or kicking ur ribs, tat's wen the discomfort and pain comes.. initially, I would say e movements are like a flutter.. a flutter here and there and sometimes like bubbles.. now I can feel bb better.. It's like a muscle twitch inside e tummy.. and u can realli feel tat there's something moving inside.. if im lying down flat on my back, I can sometimes see my belly moving.. this is the part abt pregnancy I love most.. ;)

miso

Haha... I have been thinking how best to describe the movements that I have been feeling and Lingz12 you hit it right! It feels like a flutter and something like bubbles n also like a muscle twitch. I would say muscle twitch and bubbles is what i have been feeling.

As for seeing my tummy move, i have yet to see it. Sometimes i would lie flat on my back n flip my shirt up just to see if my tummy moves but no such luck! Haha...

Lingz12

yes yes, tat's wat I do too! flip my t-shirt up hoping to see sme "action".. but wen I do tat my girl will come and play with my belly button.. haha.. nowadays as e belly button gets flatter, she's losing interest and started to treat my belly as her drum.. :eek:

Lingz12

no no.. mine's nt like bubbles popping.. is more like bubbles rolling around.. like if u jus had a gassy drink and e gas bubbles move inside u?

chinhuahua

Oh! I had bubbles most of the time! And I just had muscle twitch this morning twice!! And this morning I was just thinking y my tummy had twitching.. but the feeling a little bit twitching pain, I tried soothing the area with my hands. And after that the twitching is gone..

miso

Yup, its more like bubbles moving about inside you. Haha.. My belly button is also getting flatter.

The only thing i noticed about my tummy now when i lie flat is that it is slightly loped sided. My right is slightly higher than my left. I suspect that's because BB is sleeping on the right side. BB seems to like my right side. That's also where i first felt movements. Haha...

I'm just guessing. I can't know for sure.

JA13

Wah.. looking forward to feel my baby movements too... My feet kinda swollen alrdy at 16weeks+.. any mummies had the same experience?

Lingz12

oh dear JA13.. I hope mine wun be.. now they still look kinda nornal to me.. but I feel kinda funni lately, like feet getting a little clumsy.. I hope it's nt e start of pig trotters again like my 1st pregnancy! try to drink more water? im trying to as well.. I even got a stool tat's level with my office chair to prop my legs up.. haha..

JA13

Lingz12 thats a great idea! Getting a stool to lift up feet at work.. i guess i m gg to do so for better blood circulation.. Some shoes cant wear alrdy.. guess my swollen feet comes abit too early.. must check with gynae during my next visit.. aww misses my baby alrdy.. makes me look forward to every visit to see what he/she doing.. haha..

miso

Haha... Ya, me n hubby look forward to every gyane visit.

So far I have backaches and tailbone pain. Sigh...

elsalisa

hi all ,
been reading but wanna to join in some chats as i also have tailbone ache ... and eversince preggy i prefer to lie on back to sleep instead of sideways ....
however i thought preggy shuld sleep on the left . currently at 17 weeks , anyone knows i can continue to sleep on back instead of sides ?