EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

coz I super miss coconut... so keep asking my hubby to get for me... lol... but I think the same will happen for this pregnancy...
or maybe reach the last month I will start drinking every alternate week then reach edd then drink everyday...
by the way drinking fresh young coconut is better than the can...

meltie

oh i heard coconut can only drink towards end of pregnancy.. i took 2 coconuts once a week , 2 weeks leading to EDD.. cooling.. shiok! ;) Ya must be fresh coconut.. hubby bought one home n we had no chopper to cut open.. ended up opened with an ikea saw lol!

As for buying breast pump.. it depends.. some friends told me can don't buy first coz not sure if got supply or not. But some other friends told me to get first to standby.. which was v helpful for me.. coz my bb had to stay in hosp for almost 1st 2 weeks.. the moment i discharge i had to pump out afew drops using the hosp pump before i go home.. it was that colostrum .. better than nothing.. and i had to keep on pumping 3hrly to stimulate the supply and go to hosp everyday to pass my milk in bottles for baby.. when i visited her, i took the chance to latch her.. so supply kept growing steadily.. :) After she discharged i switched to latching as much with 1 evening feed through bottle by my hubby.. sometimes 2 feeds overnight by confinement lady.. so that i can rest abit more.. but still needed to pump.. haha .. its also a gd habitthat the baby takes 1 bottle from daddy and i can slp in through 1 feed before i take the midnight duty to latch throughout.. this was how i survived for 1st few months of hectic 2-3hrly feedings.. with growth spurts.. additional bottles helped when my breasts were dried and nipples were sore.. :( My no.1 fed hourly?! or nonstop..?! lol .. After that trained bottle slowly.. from abt 8 weeks she started rejecting bottle.. and there was a headache .. we just persisted.. got hubby to feed.. coz she see me she wants the breast.. :p This is my experience.. not every baby is same.. :) I hope my no.2 is healthy from birth.. no need to go thru as much as her sis.. and more stable.. :p

Tannie

I prefer to latch at night cause no need to prepare the pump n bottles, jus latch on... sometimes I fall asleep while latching, sometimes feed one side thn forgot the other side haha since bb also fall asleep.

It is good to get hubby to help feed the baby... not only we can take a break, its also bonding for father n baby...

meltie

Ya i also prefer to latch at night.. no need to heat up milk.. so i used to do the night duties after baby's 11plus feed by my hubby.. i get to rest through that time abit.. coz dunno why i was the most tired around 9plus-10pm.. so will just take a nap till bb wakes me up.. :p wah those days were tough lol.. And its coming again! Soon! Hope i can handle.. with a toddler this time.. training her to sleep by 9-10plus.. so i can rest and take care of no.2... :p

Tannie

Yes, it's starting all over again... I worried #2wake up #1, my #1 is a light sleeper... hope I can handle both... plus still need to work after maternity leave. .. scare scare...

Lingz12

Sighz.. just came back from gynae appt.. I gained 4kg! Gosh! Till date I gained like 13kg liao.. But gynae told me not to worry and eat more.. Cos my boy is taking after his jie jie.. On the small side again.. Measuring 1.35kg at 29wks.. Sighz.. Why do I always gain so much weight and my babies so little? :'(

mrsjlim

Lingz12:857360 said:
Sighz.. just came back from gynae appt.. I gained 4kg! Gosh! Till date I gained like 13kg liao.. But gynae told me not to worry and eat more.. Cos my boy is taking after his jie jie.. On the small side again.. Measuring 1.35kg at 29wks.. Sighz.. Why do I always gain so much weight and my babies so little? :'(
No worries lingz12, I Gained abt 8 kg to date! And my bb boy is only 875g at 26 wks, considered average my gynae said. I only eat like my normal amount of food before pregnancy

my tailbone also hurts a lot nowadays! can't even sit up on bed to watch dvd for long.. had difficulties falling asleep every night too, got to toss and turn and flip for don't know how long then can sleep.. either can't find comfortable position, or after i found, got to wake up to pee! baby keep pressing my bladder : (

as for coconut juice, i drank when i went to batam during cny! cannot resist cos seeing everyone drinking! i thought from third trimester can start to drink already? like one every month, then when nearing to edd then can drink more often, like once every two weeks, followed by once a week till two coconut per week?

I have been binging on fried chicken, fries, soft drink, ice cream, waffles, tidbits, cup noodles nowadays! and my weight suddenly shot up!! omg, really must control my diet liao.. but really love these food lo! for my case is because i ownself like to eat, not because baby like hahaha... scared after giving birth the weight gained can't be shed off then i die!

baby is weighing at 965g at 26weeks - gynae told me normal also... just ask me to eat more hence the binging -_-''

WOW! Hi mummies!!! As usual, thread moves so fast! I was so busy last weekend!

And my maid told me last sunday that she wants to go back! Gave me a sudden attack! SIAN! but what to do, she needs to go means she has to go. I have tried talking to her and asking her to stay cos my #2 is coming out! She insisted in returning still... but she's good enough to say she will stay until I get a new maid.

Anyway, yesterday I went for pre-school visits on the schools we shortlisted. Ya, I'm also thinking I should put before or after giving birth... Vexed! But I've somehow decided the pre-school and we (even my girl) likes it alot! it was an easy choice, now just left with when to put her in...

Tannie

Same here, I seems to be snacking round the clock, hope I can lose the weight after birth.

Perkyperky, I think it is best to start putting ur bb in the pre-school now cause they will tend to get sick in the beginning. .. not so good when u need to take care of no.1 n 2 at the same time. Also u dun wan the virus to spread to no.2. Beside, u will still have time to make adjustment should things dun turn out well.

shiny81

Hi All mummies, i'm a newbie here and will be first time mommy, my edd :28 May . this thread is awesome! read for one weeks from 1st page to the last page. nice to know u all :) because it first time and i don't hire CL , my mom will come by to help me for first one month , does it important for first time mummy to hire CL? can we handle the baby by ourself ? thank you for your advice.

Tannie, I see... Ya, i think i should put her in before #2 is out like you and piglim mentioned. Which i also think it makes more sense. At first i thought of putting her in 1 month before i return to work after my maternity leave. But my husband kept saying no, should be before.

Now I got no mood and heart to be happy because of my maid. Those with helpers, we always have problems with maids. Those with MIL, also will have problems with MIL... Hai... Should blame the government and the society! Made us have such high living standards and we have to work. And the government also protected the maid so much that they can just say they want to leave before their contract ends! ARGHSSS!!!

shiny81, to me I think it depends if you're a person who needs a lot of sleep or not. Hehehehe! For me, I'm a super light sleeper and don't sleep much. So going through all the sleepless nights, I can take it. However, naturally when we became mothers... there is this strong powerful instinct that will make us survive no matter what. So dont have to worry so much. Come what may and just go with the flow, everything will just run smoothly by itself. Most importantly is to chill and talk things out.

Tannie

I started my gal in cc beginning of jan but she fall sick just after 3 days of school... sick for a week, passing virus to me, my mum thn my eldest sis... 2 wks later is cny so we got to start her all over again in feb...

For first time mum, I think it's better to hire CL. No only u can get good rest, eat proper n also learn from the CL. But do get someone that is recommended. .. u du want night mare for that month.

My mum did my confinement for me... I dun get to eat proper confinement food, no proper rest, n got to take care of bb at night plus breastfeeding issue, I felt so frustrated and down for that month... I think I almost got depression.

CharChia

For first time mummoes really depends on individual... I didnt hire a CL coz I grew up with siblings and cousins younger than me and I was taking care of them... so more or less I m equip with the skill of caring for newborn plus I m a light sleeper...

For those who wants to put no.1 to cc, as a previous pre-school educator, I strongly advice u all to do so as soon as possible... reason being no.1 has been with u for sometime. they will have separation anxiety.each child is different, some can get use in a few days, some longer and some start later... plus in cc, children tend to fall sick easily due to new environment...

with regards of which cc, do find out more about centre's belief, type of teachers and curriculum they have...