EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

hi, how is everyone's preparation coming along? hope all is well...

fever seems to be coming to visit no. 1 :( she is having runny nose and cough now...

Tannie

No sure if I have a chance to go taka fair, can't take leave this week.... Weekend packed with schedule for new hse... Normally I go on weekday morn, no crowd, v good to shop.

My gal too is having cold n cough... Now I got prob with her child are, need to find another cc n start all over... Sianz.....

sherin86

My no.1 also having running nose.yet to prepare anything much. Bought a few clothes and socks frm taobao. That's abt it.hubby says dun need b so gan chiong. Went to see gynae ytd cause couldn't felt bb movement on sunday. Kinda worried. Bb is is gd and is weighing at 1.2kg. Gynae says it's not a huge nor small bb. Everything seems to b okay for natural birth. Hopefully it remains like gt.Who is choosing mt a?

Thanks Lingz12, Tannie and meltie for the advise.. Think I will go for either foam or latex.. Also scared later my bb don't want to sleep in cot the wasted..

perkyperky your masseur seems good, care to share the contacts? but i also must confirm if i am having natural birth or c-sect before i can book for postnatal massage.

I will go down to expo this weekend.. intend to go on sunday but scared later the good deals went oos.. but my schedule only allows me to go down on sunday.. so bobian..
Hi Jessybeebee, I called her "ignatia xiao gu" cos she's my friend's aunty. Her contact is 93396667 (speaks mandarin only).

Tannie

Not really cause my gal onky attend 2 hrs daily at current childcare. The teachers dun seems to engage with her, one of the teacher is fully occupied by one of the gal whom will not leave one step away and got jealous if the teacher attend to my gal. End up my mum is in the childcare taking care of my gal... there seems no lesson, no activities. .. n I still paying $550 per month... if this goes on... she will never adapt without my mum...

Tannie

Damm sad, can't fit in alot of clothes now... even those I wore during pregnancy last time... I got to put on extra bra extender. .. 2 extender already... duno if I shld get some maternity wear now... just another 3 months...

shiny81

shiny81, what does the package of $3060 includes? Any idea? I remember off-hand, for Mount E hospital 1-bedder, the cost are now increased to about $3.6k. So it means Mount E Novena is cheaper?

Do you intend to give birth at Mount E Novena then? New hospitals are better, i guess? My gynae do not deliver anywhere else except Mount E, so I'm left with no choice.
Hi Perkyperky, next week i will go for the marternity tours at Mount e Orchard. yesterday i made appointment for maternity tour at Mount e Novena, i told them i prefer weekend because what they have now is only for weekday (Tuesday and Thursday 4pm). at Mount E novena , it's only have single bed room and junior suite. from their website it said complimentary for lodging one person include meal, so i assume don't need to fork out additional cost for lodger so it can be comparable with TMC then. i will find out more information once i get the appointment for their maternity tour and share with you.

Tannie, why is the childcare so weird? They allow the kid to cling onto the teacher like that? You're right. If this goes on, you girl will never adapt without your mom. Did you ask the teacher/principal about this current arrangement? But it's impossible that they do not have activities in school. Maybe can ask the teacher/principal what's going on. If not, like you said... really have to change school.

shiny81, thanks for sharing. I dont know much about Thomson Medical. But does your gynae perform deliveries in Mount E Novena since it's a new hospital? You may want to check with your gynae, as I know certain gynaes only perform at certain hospitals.

For Mount E, you'll have to pay for the lodger's meal. Mount E Orchard just renovated their wards in 2011/2012 i think. When I delivered there, the wards were already newly renovated. So it's like everything is new. Feels good! Mount E orchard only has 2 room wards that are 2-bedder, and I would reckon it's tough to book those 2-bedder wards as most mummies would book them beforehand. So only left with 1-bedder. The suite is super expensive! You can see it when you go for the tour. One of my gfs stayed in the royal suite when she delivered. So lavish!!! I felt it's so overpriced! LOL!

shiny81

shiny81, thanks for sharing. I dont know much about Thomson Medical. But does your gynae perform deliveries in Mount E Novena since it's a new hospital? You may want to check with your gynae, as I know certain gynaes only perform at certain hospitals.

For Mount E, you'll have to pay for the lodger's meal. Mount E Orchard just renovated their wards in 2011/2012 i think. When I delivered there, the wards were already newly renovated. So it's like everything is new. Feels good! Mount E orchard only has 2 room wards that are 2-bedder, and I would reckon it's tough to book those 2-bedder wards as most mummies would book them beforehand. So only left with 1-bedder. The suite is super expensive! You can see it when you go for the tour. One of my gfs stayed in the royal suite when she delivered. So lavish!!! I felt it's so overpriced! LOL!
Hi Perkyperky, good morning : ) my gynae can perform delivery at TMC , Gleanegles and Mount E at Orchard or Novena. I aim for one bedder only, not for suite one. hahaha :) too ex. thanks for your information Perkyperky :)

Morning shiny81! Great choice! If you can afford to stay in a 1-bedder, do so for an experience. Now the price has increased tremendously! Last time, normal delivery with epidural was only $1k+ cheaper than now. I only know the hospital increased the charges by $1k plus.

CharChia

Went for my 28 weeks checkup today and the little one is 1.27kg... doctor says it is an average size baby... the growth rate is almost the same as my no.1... I am now starting to look forward to the day he arrives... now is the start of my sleepless night... so difficult sleeping with my no.1 moving beside me while she is sleeping and no.2 busy kicking n turning inside...

meltie

I went to taka baby fair today.. same layout as every year.. range of items at 15-20% discount.. bought huggies newborn diapers .. some wet wipes and stuff for my no.1.. u can check out the strollers.. :) Best to go at off peak.. was there between 4-6pm.. not many people..

Charchia, tell me abt it.. i also got one kicking n moving outside .. and a super active one kicking alot inside! Feeling very uncomfy , cannot find any good position to sleep.. also, i wake up afew times to pee.. fumble like a hippo to the toilet .. zzz

Hmm i haven't decided where to deliver.. shall ask my gynae at next visit.. i think she can deliver at gleneagles and mt A.. but like previous time, the nurses told me gleneagles more convenient as her clinic is there, she can come down and attend to me any time.. but for mt A, parking is hard and she has to take time to travel over... but now that i've shifted to AMK, mt A is so much nearer to me.. so i'm still considering.. any idea whether the construction works at mt A has sort of completed?

Lingz12

Me too.. im now trying to train my girl to sleep on her own, i.e. sleep on the mattress on the floor next to my bed.. but she will wake up in e middle of the night, see tat im nt beside her and start crying.. then see me on e bed jiu climb up and squeeze beside me.. nvr fails each night.. and ya wen she's sleeping beside, she will b tossing and turning and pushing me to the edge of e bed.. sighz.. on top of tat oso gotta wake up to pee.. amd recently haunted by leg cramps too.. sad..

Do u mummies find it hard to get up these days? As in if u're sitting on e floor and u need to get up? I feel like a super old lady lor.. I couldnt stand up jus like tat.. the pelvic area hurts like mad and it's as though bb gonna drop out.. so I had to lean forward and get on my knees, then sit on my heels, then push myself up against the floor or my thighs or grabbing on to furniture for support.. And once I stood up, I start to waddle.. argh.. I try to avoid sitting on e floor these days.. but my girl likes me to play with her on the floor.. sobz..