EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Wa.. thread is moving fast.. I nvr drink milk at all cos I will puke.. tat's y my gynae gave me calcium.. im still taking fish oil and multivit, nvr heard tat fish oil will interfere with labour leh.. as for coconut.. im drinking once a wk since 4 wks ago.. im nw 37 wks.. I tink as long as u dun drink too much, it should nt induce labour la.. so e key is everything in moderation.. my fren who recently delivered said her bb is covered in heat rash at birth.. the pd said she ate too heaty food during pregnancy.. so I a bit scared.. tinking of drinking coconut twice a wk now.. hahaha..

My girl is extremely sticky now too.. smetimes realli buay tahan.. I tried to let her cry it out but I cant bear.. after a few seconds I jiu give in le.. cry too much like nt gd for her oso.. later she will have a tough time sleeping at night.. worse still keep waking up cos of nightmares.. I hope things will get better once #2 is out.. though I tink things will prob jus get worse cos there's now 2 babies fighting for attention..
Alamak~ I also keep eating very heaty food leh! Fried food every other day and chocolate everyday! think my bb loves chocolate! I everyday drink chocolate milk, eat koko crunch, eat chocolate cake, chocolate waffle biscuits etc.. Any snacks I eat all chocolate flavoured! plus lots of spicy food too.. Guess I also need to drink more coconut from now on! only drank one or two coconut every week now..

shanice99

Alamak~ I also keep eating very heaty food leh! Fried food every other day and chocolate everyday! think my bb loves chocolate! I everyday drink chocolate milk, eat koko crunch, eat chocolate cake, chocolate waffle biscuits etc.. Any snacks I eat all chocolate flavoured! plus lots of spicy food too.. Guess I also need to drink more coconut from now on! only drank one or two coconut every week now..
I seldom eat chocolates, except milo( as and when), I prefer white milk. seldom eat fried food, except mac or other fast food. seldom crave for fast food also. prefer western food like mayb pasta, soup spoon, ikea kind of food. at times gt craving for cold sweet drink at night time, bt onli drink half packet of yeos brand of longan, red dates drink, the rest will drink other days. nv really drink frizzy drinks as well. think my taste bud remains the same as all along I nv had sweet tooth 1.

elsieyl

Dear mums to be, I know whether is very warm and humid during this time of the year. No worries. Is ok to on the air-con but make sure yr body is warm inside. Best to apply some ginger oil on tummy at night during confinement period as ginger will get rid of gas and wind in yr tummy and keep you warm. Use can actually buy gentle baby essential oils for your stretch marks. This oil can also use for baby diaper and milk rash. Do not drink too much coconut juice cause is very cooling to the body. This website do sell therapeutic essential oils good for mum and baby. Check it out at Essential Oil Sg - Therapeutic Essential Oils Singapore, Effective Remedies for Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Hair Loss, Eczema, Flu, Fever, UTI, HFMD, Sinus, Weight Loss

shanice99

Oh, I didn't know eating spicy food may caused red spots on bb leh! Even before pregnancy I have already been eating lots of spicy food. so now still eating.. Hopefully bb won't have those red spots..
I dun really crave for spicy fd as all along, I cant really eat spicy fd..plus I nv drink coffee. at times I will crave for green tea when watch tv then they have the green tea advertisement. bt juz crave, can dun drink also one loh..;p

meltie

actually I have been wondering if bb and confinement lady sleep together in another room, then what happens with the bb need milk in the middle of the night and we are breastfeeding the bb? does the CL bring bb over to our room, knock the door then after we feed then pass back to CL?

Cos I really don't know how does it works leh.. still thinking should I just put the bb beside me so it's easier for breastfeeding..
jessybebee, i think it's all about your preference.. I let CL slp with baby so i can get some rest.. Its easier for her to handle and soothe baby to slp for me if they are in same room.. I tried that out for my #1.. CL basically preferred me to pump out my milk and she'll heat up in the night to feed baby without disturbing me.. But as 1st time mum i also kancheong, and worried coz my CL always cannot see properly and doze off too.. So i was up at every feed.. Anyway if pumping, baby wake up , you also need to wake up to pump 3hrly.. May as well latch.. Haha so i went on latching after that, told CL to knock and wake me up to feed baby.. Once done, i pass her back to burp and i go slp..

This time i hope my CL is better.. My friend used for her 3 confinements.. So i think i'll focus on resting and recuperating (since i did not do a proper confinement 1st time round), will focus on just feeding baby and taking care of #1, leave the rest to the CL.. Anyway 2nd month onwards still can pick up from there... Just gotta learn what you need to learn from CL, like burping, bathing bb, etc..

Wah today i went for my 36 weeks checkup .. My bb is 3.1kg liao!!! Gained 600g in 3 weeks?! I gave birth to my #1 at 40 weeks exact and she was only 3.07kg... Estimated was 3.2kg. Well i guess this time my #2 is gonna be much much bigger!!! I still yet to eat my mao shan wang and drink my coconut! How!!! Next appt is 1.5weeks time!

Lingz12

For my #1, I oso pump out for CL to feed.. and I didnt have the discipline to wake up every 3hrs to pump too.. my supply suffered as a result and I had to be extra diligent after confinement to catch up.. This time round im nt sure wat I will do leh.. Maybe oso still pump out for CL to feed.. hahaha..

Wa meltie.. big baby u have there.. haha.. tink u cant eat mao shan wang oredi la.. later even bigger how? Hahaha..

Guess

All set to go to Baby Fair :)....Today I was not able to sleep whole night coz of excitement of going to baby fair and at the same time disturbing dreams.

meltie

Yeah i'm going to mummy's market too.. Bsoo tired.. Woke up so many times to pee.. My #1 still in bed.. Rare that she is still slping.. She woke up at 6am crying though.. N hubby brought her up to our bed.. Still prefer to slp w us.. Sigh.. Hmm i just sneaked out to cook porridge for her lunch! Life of a mum.. Always worry abt their meals... Hope i can go expo early and grab some deals.. Will be stuck feeding this toddler at some corner though.. :p

Lingz12, ya loh.. Jialat.. But hubby says eat abit won't boost too much one right? Maybe just afew msw..

gniy

jessybebee, i think it's all about your preference.. I let CL sleep with baby so i can get some rest.. Its easier for her to handle and soothe baby to sleep for me if they are in same room.. I tried that out for my #1.. CL basically preferred me to pump out my milk and she'll heat up in the night to feed baby without disturbing me.. But as 1st time mum i also kancheong, and worried coz my CL always cannot see properly and doze off too.. So i was up at every feed.. Anyway if pumping, baby wake up , you also need to wake up to pump 3hrly.. May as well latch.. Haha so i went on latching after that, told CL to knock and wake me up to feed baby.. Once done, i pass her back to burp and i go sleep..

This time i hope my CL is better.. My friend used for her 3 confinements.. So i think i'll focus on resting and recuperating (since i did not do a proper confinement 1st time round), will focus on just feeding baby and taking care of #1, leave the rest to the CL.. Anyway 2nd month onwards still can pick up from there... Just gotta learn what you need to learn from CL, like burping, bathing baby, etc..

Wah today i went for my 36 weeks checkup .. My baby is 3.1kg !!! Gained 600g in 3 weeks?! I gave birth to my #1 at 40 weeks exact and she was only 3.07kg... Estimated was 3.2kg. Well i guess this time my #2 is gonna be much much bigger!!! I still yet to eat my mao shan wang and drink my coconut! How!!! Next appt is 1.5weeks time!
I was just about to ask too Jess and Meltie! I was thinking if the baby is with the CL in another room then do you all sleep with the CL to latch on? I'll be all messy with the herb baths and all - not sure if I should sleep on the same bed as hubby. I'm keen for CL to bottle feed baby if everything goes well (enough milk supply and can pump). If I sleep on the same bed as hubby, should I get another thin mattress to put on the bed or just put underpads? Really appreciate all your sharing as I learn a lot especially from 2nd time mums.

Enjoy the fair! I forgot that it's Good Friday so I arranged to go tmr instead - silly me haha

gniy

Oh, I didn't know eating spicy food may caused red spots on bb leh! Even before pregnancy I have already been eating lots of spicy food. so now still eating.. Hopefully bb won't have those red spots..
Jess - I think our babies will be well-trained to like spicy food! I think that's great ;) I'm still loving my bak chor mee with chilli and vinegar *slurp*

gniy

Oh question kid is back again - any good nursing bras to recommend? Especially shops who will take your measurements and help you make a good decision? Saw some cheap ones from the fair but most of my friends suggested getting reputable brands from mothercare or M&S (definitely more expensive but they like the quality)

Thank you!

Guess

Hi Gniy, I have a very bad experience with the nursing bra from fair. I bought two of them from baby fair last time but later when i tried at home figured out that fabric ic too thick and makes my already heavy breast looks more bulky. Bought a pair again from mothercare, there was 15% discount last week and 10% membership discount. This one i find very gud. And yes you can try and select :)

Last edited:

Guess

Did u get chance to check their star buys list? some very interesting offers going on? Some of them are fr first few customers so going early, i just hope i can catch deal on time.

Just in case if you missed it, here is the link.

For Visitors

mclaren xt stroller fr 299? Is it a good deal? I am tempted to buy this one. until tomorrow, i was going fr preg prego. Will check in fair itself and decide. Cheap ones are not gud always. Already had a not so good experience with bumgenius last time. Bought 3 of them thinking of it as a good offer, only to realize recently that it was defective :(

Last edited:

Piglim

Wow this thread is moving real fast man...

anw u ladies out there all seem to have big babies!! Mine is only 2.119 at 33wks...

Time sure flies.. My son has alrdy been in sch for 3 weeks and now he is finally settled down (he still cries alittle when we part in the morning but he's fine throughout and flash a big smile when I receive him) phew that initial 1 week when he started sch was really horrendous.

Anw I really love the school that my son is going. Am so happy I made the right choice after doing all the research. Alittle pricer but u can we the effort the school makes. Today they had Easter celebration n they baked muffin, did art n craft n we also had to submit an Easter hat (which of cos I was the one who do it) and guess what we won the first prize!!! The feeling was sooo priceless and when I saw how my son was so happy with all those goodies every thing paid off.

Now like most of u.. I really hope that meimei doesn't pop so early.. Just wanna treasure n spend more time with my son.. But on the other hand my back is really killing me... My tummy is like so heavy n big now, when I sit I have to open my legs wide (to let the tummy rest on the chair) now I know why preggies looks so unglam.. Hahah

ok gonna leave for the baby fair Liao.. Hope not many pple!!!

Lingz12

Wow do share the good deals wen u mummies come back from e fair! My stoopid hubby refused to go todae after seeing pics of the long queue and the crowd.. but I told him tmr and sun will be e same lor.. he dun believe.. sighz..